artwork

The place to share your artwork.
Xadu

artwork

hello all, i figured i should post my gallery, witch mainly contains FSS mecha, hope you like.
http://xadu.deviantart.com/
assault gundam

:shock:

those....are....AMAZING. Very well made. No real design flaw i can see
"The person who said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"
Xadu

Thank you sir, i'm still improving. Also I would like to do a Gundam, however I do not watch the series, is there a specific type of gundam that is more popular/liked? Thanks.
Hyakushiki

Just look over some Mobile Suit designs for reference, most Gundams share similar design elements experiment to see which might be the most interesting for you to draw. Get a feel for a Gundam's look and proportions first and work from there, I'm sure with your skills you can make most any MS look awesome.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Draco Starcloud

Your mechs look great and you do a great job of shading the colors too!
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Nightwing03

Ahh! Very Good hand drawn mechs you got there! I just had a quick look at a few of em and i gotta say that they are indeed awesome! Btw, the deviation "Untouchable" <---That is hot.
♣♦♠♥
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Xadu, if you want to try a Gundam, I can only honestly recommend just finding one that you feel in tune with. Yeah, it sounds kind of weird, but find a subject that fits your aesthetic tastes. You can try drawing a Gundam because you like its story, or maybe you just love the design of its frame. I hope you find one that suits you.

And it's also my opinion that maybe you should try to work on one that doesn't appear very often in artwork. Seeing the same Gundam over and over isn't much fun, either. Maybe something rare like the F-95, but that's only if you like boxes and geometry. You seem to lean towards the whole organic look. =p

Heck, if anything, make up your own Gundam. That'd be better than anything. You probably haven't studied enough frames to know what you're doing though, but it'll make the frame come out very unique. Give that a shot if you want. Have fun with it.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

...wow. that's the only thing I can say right off the top of my head.
considering your background and eye for detail I'd say start off with the strike gundam from see, it's got a very "human" proportion set to it and while decently armored the limbs aren't every thick compared previous gundam series, plus the strike has an ass load of details for you to have fun with.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Ascension

*on topic*

Your mechanical design is great, especially that one sketch with the internal leg framework. I <3 internals.

*off topic*

Now that I've got the mecha-related stuff out of the way... your various Rogue fanart is amazing. :D The mechs are all well and good, but please, don't neglect the humans. :!:
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Xadu

Thank you all so much! lately i have experimented witch different drawing styles since I'm a detail freak, i can spend up to one hour on a leg part so I switched to ink for a bit. I kind of like the rough unfinished lines and the entire 'sketch' look of it, beauty is in imperfection so to speak. But I really want your opinion on this.

http://xadu.deviantart.com/art/Fighter-Pilot-79700005

http://xadu.deviantart.com/art/Rodjavor-79712852

http://xadu.deviantart.com/art/Femma-79713671

compared to my usual drawing style...?
OddlucK

I love it! Compared to your usual style? I don't know. I like them both quite a lot. :)