The SXP series, and Mothership

The place to share your artwork.
World's End Mecha

The SXP series, and Mothership

For a long time, I've been working on a set of original Mobile Suits for a post-Gundam Seed Destiny story. After much work, I have finally drawn the five SXP units and their pilots.

The SXP series was supposed to be the next generation of ZAFT MS, but most were stolen by an anti-FAITH rebellion. Only the fifth unit (and the most powerful) remained in ZAFT's command.

SXP-01: RaWIN Pilot: Lunamaria Hawke
SXP-02: Zagen Pilot: Shiho Hahnenfuss
SXP-03: LaIllum Pilot: Katrina Mihailov
SXP-04(A): Storm Gundam Pilot: Ken Eneas
SXP-04(B, C, D): Bunraku Fliers: Hira-Raku, Raum-Raku, Tals-Raku
SXP-05: DraNU Pilot: Shinn Asuka

All images were sketched out in Photoshop, "inked" in Illustrator, then colored back in Photoshop.
Last edited by World's End Mecha on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

The sketches remind me of the Monoeye Gundams
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Draco Starcloud

These are great pictures. They're certainly more ZAFT-style (except for the Storm) than the Destiny-era Gundams ZAFT built.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Wingnut

Not bad indeed. The story sounds a lot like what happened with the Titans and AEUG in the UC timeline with FAITH in the role of the Titans.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
OddlucK

Very nice work. I think the SXP-04's are my favorites.
Nightwing03

These are quite nice indeed, The mobile suits are alright, but the LaIllum i owuld have to say is my favourtie of your work, and the pilot looks hot :P Also i like the way you drew your pictures in the form on GS openings. I'm expecting great things from you in the future.
♣♦♠♥
World's End Mecha

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:The sketches remind me of the Monoeye Gundams
I wasn't sure what you meant until I picked up the latest volume of Ecole du Ciel. That Seirenes is pretty sweet!
Wingnut wrote:The story sounds a lot like what happened with the Titans and AEUG in the UC timeline with FAITH in the role of the Titans.
True. If I ever actually write the story, I'd try to be more original, but the summary is very similar. I think I used the story because Seed and Zeta Gundam compete for my favorite Gundam series.

I should mention that the artwork I posted earlier were second versions of my creations, about a year apart from my earlier attempts:

First attempt at RaWIN
First attempt at Zagen.
First attempt at an original Gundam. The Force Gundam.
Star Force Gundam.
First attempt at DraNU
DraNU Mobile Armor Mode 1.
DraNU Mobile Armor 2

Looking back, I think my designs improved.
codename:v

Not bad for the 2nd attempt, but I afraid you're still not able to visualise the suits in 3D manner yet. Try to sketch out the MS in a boxy polygonal for practice, it should help with your mecha art.
World's End Mecha

After a prolonged absence, I finally created a ship to house my various creations:

DDMH-Y201 Pandora.

It's the first ship I've ever designed.
Last edited by World's End Mecha on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draco Starcloud

It's like the Eternal except sleeker and cool!
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
ShadowCell

And not pink! An important consideration.

I like the shading--the whole thing reminds me of the Dark Schneider from F-Zero GX.
Strike Zero

Actually, it seems more like a cross between the Eternal and the Gekko.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
World's End Mecha

Draco Starcloud wrote:It's like the Eternal except sleeker and cool!
Thank you.
ShadowCell wrote:And not pink! An important consideration.
Yes, I never really understood ZAFT's color choice:

"We, the members of ZAFT (who take great pride in our green and blue color schemes) do hereby commission that this ship bear the proud color... lightish red!"

"Hey, uh, that's pink."

"No, it's lightish red."

"They have a color name for lightish red. It's called 'Pink.'"

"Okay, shoot that guy and paint the stupid ship already! Lightish red for all!"
I like the shading--the whole thing reminds me of the Dark Schneider from F-Zero GX.
Strike Zero wrote: Actually, it seems more like a cross between the Eternal and the Gekko.
I did use the Eternal as a starting point since I don't have a lot of experience in desinging ships, plus I wanted to have the ship look ZAFT-ish. It seems that 90% of all ZAFT ships follow a stylized T design.

I forgot about the Gekko and how cool it looks, but maybe a faint memory influenced the design. I've never seen Dark Schneider before, however, for I have never seen F-Zero GX.
ShadowCell

ZAFT can claim precedent because the Earth Alliance decided to color the Aegis with "coral," otherwise known as "pink."

The nose of the Pandora is what reminded me of the Dark Schneider. In the game it has a sort of dragon motif going for it.