Fanfiction technology requests!

The place to share your artwork.
Ragormha

Fanfiction technology requests!

I'm not sure if this is allowed but it isn't forbidden...so...
Basically I need someone (or some persons) with a reasonable grasp of CE technology to make a few nice visual aids for my fanfiction work, and by a few I quite some many.
However time is no problem, within reason and I'm not going to harass people to hurry up.
Some of the jobs will be simple re-colours for customs, others will be more complex that may or may not require entirely new artwork to be made.
Of course I will give due credit to whoever helps me and will not in any way attempt to plagiarise the work of others.
I'll add more info if there's any expressions of interest...

COMPLETED WORKS:
(design submissions are still open for these, if anyone wants to submit their own for them.)

Serrim Gospal Custom: http://scribe-rufus.deviantart.com/art/ ... m-65192504
(click to enlarge)

Jin Garuda Custom:http://scribe-rufus.deviantart.com/art/ ... m-65192683

Renderings of the above done by Marionette Saviour at seedgenesis.net.

AMF-X101S Impacthttp://scribe-rufus.deviantart.com/art/ ... t-66037875
^
Nightwing version.

AMF-X101 Impacthttp://sttestament.deviantart.com/art/G ... t-66836089
^
Testament version.

ZGMF-X77S Fortune:http://scribe-rufus.deviantart.com/art/ ... e-66313373

CURRENT REQUESTS:

The last of the ZAFT customs, for now, ZGMF-X59S2 Law.

The Clarity has now also been added...

EDIT: Now contains the first few customs I have had done.
Upon satisfactory completion they will be uploaded there, as you can see, onto a deviantart page for me but you'll receive credit.

IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, ASK HERE OR MESSAGE ME.
Last edited by Ragormha on Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:34 am, edited 14 times in total.
"I don't CARE if the mechanaught can't handle it, I want Wings of Light, the few seconds it'd last and the pilot mortality would be worth it." -me, eXteel closed beta.
Folken Fanel

Heh, I've been in a franken slump for awhile. I'll be glsd to do some designs for you. No ships though, I've never been very good at them. Btw, shouldn't this go in the request thread?
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Wingnut

Given that this may be an ongoing project and individual requests could get lost in the main thread, I'll allow this thread for the fanfiction project.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Nightwing03

hmmm...i might be able to help you, but theres not guarantee that ill finish it that fast. if you could supply with with the lineart ill be happy to do it.
♣♦♠♥
Antares

Heh, I just read the fanfic thread and asked if there is any fanart to complement the story. Ragormha had pre-read my thoughts. :P
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Ragormha

Yay!
Thanks a great deal everyone. Unfortunately I can't provide lineart as I am quite simply awful as an artist.

I'd like the first few suits to be the AMF-X101S Impact and the ZGMF-X77S Fortune, howevfer I'd like to see what you guys can do in relation to a nice tame Impact before I ask for much more.

For several reasons in-universe and out the first generations of Gundam on each side should all be very familiar, some moreso than others especially the Cosmos EC series which requires little more than recolours.

Okay, without further ado, my first request!

Stats:

AMF-X101S Impact

Role: High performance aerial combat.

Height: 19.15 metres

Weight: 86.72 metric tons

Description:
Okay so this is a little hard to explain. Basically we could call this a Force Impulse meets Blast Impulse meets Tallgeese/Dendrobium Stamen.

It has the same large propulsion pods, like the Tallgeese or Dendrobium Stamen does, which are designed to be variable in movement and allow for greater atmospheric manoeuvrability. The suit does have Force Impulse-like wings attached as well to aid in flight.
Body-structure wise it is more of an Impulse-style, it is primarily white with bright dandelion yellow colouring.

Weapons:
MMI-GAU27A 20mm CIWS x 4, fire-linked, mounted in chest.
M87-AAK "Folding Razor" anti-armour knives x 2, stored in hips.
MMI-RG89V Anti-Beam-coated mobile shield x 1
MA-BAR82 high-energy beam rifle x 1
M2012GX High Energy Long-Range Beam Cannon x 1, stored on left hip when not used.
MA-M971 "Hyper Vajra" beam sabre x 2, stored on shoulders

As you can imagine all of these are basically predicted ZAFT weapons upgrades, Impulse weapons really barring the cannon which is basically like the Destiny's cannon, just powered down a little and made more efficient. (considering my story takes place a decade in the future, this is reasonable)

Any more details you guys require?

Now I like the set up and quality of the MAHQ profile pictures, so I appreciate it if you can put in your all for this project and make them as similar to that quality as possible.

Also bear in mind that I will take as many designs as people will give me and simply list the options as "X's rendering" with X being the persons name and I actively ENCOURAGE people to continue to submit designs. Completed designs will be shown and edited in on the first post.

So there's really no limit to how many people can submit designs, however I do accept the right to turn people down if the design is not as close to the design I can imagine.

Speaking of submissions, would people prefer if I put all the designs I want made up and allowed people to complete the in due time and submit them or if I steadily added them per week/month/time period?

By the way Antares, how was that for precognition or what? Maybe I'm a Newtype, eh?
Last edited by Ragormha on Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't CARE if the mechanaught can't handle it, I want Wings of Light, the few seconds it'd last and the pilot mortality would be worth it." -me, eXteel closed beta.
Nightwing03

Where does the Blast impulse come in?
Wouldn't be easier to just say what parts to use? like for example: Legs-Nu-Gundam, Arms- RX-78-2 Gundam etc..

and what do you mean by this?
Ragormha wrote: Now I like the set up and quality of the MAHQ profile pictures, so I appreciate it if you can put in your all for this project and make them as similar to that quality as possible.
♣♦♠♥
Folken Fanel

Well, Nightwing, if he just gave us the parts he wanted used there would be no variety to our designs aside from the type of lineart used and whether or not they're traced. And by MAHQ quality, I think he wants them to use MAHQ lineart or to make the deisgns look like MAHQ lineart.
Nightwing03

Hmmm..make it look line MAHQ lineart, well, im out then, since my way looks nothing like MAHQ lineart
♣♦♠♥
Ragormha

Weeeelll...You could say the Blast Impulse was just the closest CE rendering of it, since no CE units have large-scale propulsion pods such as the Dendrobium Stamen-style things. The closest we get is the layout of the Force Impulse's cannons, thus why I mentioned it.
Folken has it right though, I don't want it to be just a franken, but a customised mobile suit design made for the story.
Now I like the set up and quality of the MAHQ profile pictures, so I appreciate it if you can put in your all for this project and make them as similar to that quality as possible.
By this I mean I like the quality expressed is such pages and would like the end product to look as polished as that, this is unlikely, but y'know, just trying to say that there's no real limit to the amount of polish you guys can do.

Nightwing, I have checked your work and it is acceptable quality, from what I've seen.

Would people prefer that I throw a few more designs into the air to work on? Maybe something EA or Orb influenced?
Folken Fanel

Ragormha

Hmmm, sorry for the late comments...been busy but I should be back on full now.
It's a pretty good design, there's two major points though.
Could you make the colouring on it yellow, rather than Strike colours?
Secondly could you try to make the things on its back look more pod-like, like the GP01FV?
Nightwing03

Hey guys, can i play too? Or is it too late?
Nightwing's Vision of the Impact
♣♦♠♥
Ragormha

That's pretty good!
Entries will never close for a design, so anyone is free to submit for any design, or update their existing submissions.

So I will be using Nightwing's design, but other people can still submit for it.

Next design open:

Name: Fortune

Designation: ZGMF-X77S

Purpose: High-power combat in all situations, experimental Geschmeidig Panzer equipped suit.

Dimensions: overall height 18.99 metres
Weight: max gross weight 101.12 metric tons

Description:

This one might be a little more tricky.
In-universe it is ZAFT's latest Geschmeidig Panzer test suit, combiend with a long-range artillery suit.
It has been built up on the original frame of the Abyss and has been heavily modded from there, the basis for this was that it was the closest thing to the Forbidden series that ZAFT had.

So ideally make it look Abyss-like, but make the shoulder-shield-fins flatter and more like Forbidden's shields, it retains the gun mounted in the torso, but also gains two guns mounted on the backpack, that swing up under the arms to fire.

The suit itself is primarily red coloured.

Armament:
Variable Phase Shift (VPS) armour.
Deuterion beam energy supply system.
MX-RQB516 beam lance x 1 ,
MGX-2358 "Callidus II" multi-phase beam cannon x1, mounted in chest.
MA-M971 "Hyper Vajra" beam sabre x1 , stored in right shoulder shield.
M107 "Balaena II" dual beam cannon x 2 mounted on backpack, can be moved forward and up under the arms to fire (think Blast Impulse firing style.)
2 x MMI-GAU25A 20mm CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head.
MA-BAR82 high-energy beam rifle x 1, stored in left shoulder shield.
Geschmeidig Panzer Energy Deflection Armour equipped "Fortune" shield.
Geschmeidig Panzer Energy Deflection Armour (in the shoulder shields.)

Need anythign else?
Nightwing03

Here you go, made it in less than a day since i wasnt busy
Fortune Gundam
♣♦♠♥
Ragormha

Well, that's pretty good, there's nothing I can ask you to add.
Before I put it up, I'll give it a few days for other people to add their own submissions, should they wish to.

EDIT:
oh yeah, and thanks for all your hard work...kinda forgot to say that earlier.
Nightwing03

Don't mention it, it was kinda fun making designs for people, because all my designs are boring now. :P But...it doesn't bring alot of people to my thread, but i dont mind 8)
♣♦♠♥
Ragormha

Meh, I check your thread every so-often.
There's some good stuff there, fanwork is a lot like that though, my fanfiction is decided less popular, with maybe a dozen people reading it on all four forums it is hosted.
Ragormha

Well, looks like no other design are going to be submitted at this stage so on to the last ZAFT custom, if you're willing.

The ZGMF-X59S2 Law.

STATBLOCK:

Name: Law

Designation: ZGMF-X59S2

Purpose: All-purpose combat.

Overall height 20.81 metres

Weight: 79.93 metric tons

Description: Fundamentally this should be the easiest, as it is basically a modified Impulse, add some additional thrusters on the hips and legs and it has energy shield emitters mounted on the forearms.

Colour-wise it should be principally white, with silver colouring.

Armament:
Phase Shift (VPS) armour.
Deuteron beam energy supply system.
2 x MMI-GAU25A 20mm CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in chest.
M87-AAK "Folding Razor" anti-armour knives x 2, stored in right hip armour.
1x MMI-RG89V Anti-Beam-coated mobile shield x 1, right arm.
2x MA-M971 "Hyper Vajra" beam sabre x 2, stored on shoulders.
MA-BAR82 high-energy beam rifle x 1, stored on left him.
2 x MX2468 "Solidus Fulgor" beam shield generators, stored in forearms.

That fine? If you're cool with it the Earth Alliance suits will be included next, they're a bit more original.
jam!

I've been working on my own versions of these Gundams as well, Ragormha. I'll post them soon.