August '07 Franken-Gundam People's Choice (Contest over!)

The place to share your artwork.
Draco Starcloud

August '07 Franken-Gundam People's Choice (Contest over!)

Here are the candidates for your choice of winner in the August '08 Franken-Gundam contest! Feel free to post here discussing which is your favorite entry and why, but here is how you vote.

How to Vote:
1. Send me a PM titled "Franken-Gundam Contest Vote".
2. In it, state the name of the artist you are voting for as clearly as you can.
3. You have until Saturday August 18 at 11:59 PM PST to send in your votes. That's about 71 hours after this post.

Once the voting is ended, I will tally up the votes for both the Mods' Choice and the People's Choice. Whoever wins...good job!
CHASER wrote:GN-004 Gundam Icarus
GN-004 Gundam Icarus with GN Launcher

Unit Type: Tactical Demolition and Sabotage Mobile Suit
Overall Height: 18.3 metres
Base weight: 61 metric tons
Equipment: GN drive
Armament:
  • 2x Light Plate Shield, fixed to shoulders;
  • GN Launcher, mounts on right shoulder in storage, operated overarm;
  • GN Mines, store latched on shoulder shields;
  • 2-Tubed Retro-Rocket Launcher, mounted in weapon pod on back;
  • GN Beam Knife, stored in weapon pod on back;
Technical and Historical Notes: (Always add them, even if I haven't a clue what I'm doing)

The GN-004 Gundam Icarus is the fourth member of the Celestial Being's Gundam team, and closely modeled off a similar frame to the GN-001 Gundam Exia and GN-002 Gundam Dynames. Much like the others of its kind, the Icarus takes on a specific role in combat which designates it as a 'tactical demolition and sabotage' mobile suit. Armed with a variety of mines and explosives, the Icarus is designed to be dropped behind enemy lines and disable military forces, such as other mobile weapons, before they enter combat; a preventive strategy to decrease the number of suits that come against its teammates. Due to extended operation in areas where it will likely be greatly outnumbered, the Icarus is more than capable of defending itself in face-to-face battle using its GN Launcher (though designated more commonly as an anti-craft weapon), and a small defensive GN Beam knife.

Unfortunately, the pilot of the Icarus suffers injuries in active duty, and the Gundam is therefore left in temporary storage until a new capable pilot can be recruited, or the old one recovers.
Shori wrote:99. TAU-2 Norn (M)
- Norn Production-type Colors
- Norn Verdandi Custom Colors
- Norn Skuld Custom Colors
- Norn Urd Custom Colors

Model number: TAU-2
Code name: Norn
Unit type: production-type all-terrain combat knightmare frame
Manufacturer: Unknown
Operator: Unknown
First deployment: Unknown
Accommodation: pilot only, in motorbike-style cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 4.35 meters
Weight: combat weight 7270 kilograms
Construction: unknown
Powerplant: Energy filler, replaceable electrical cartridge, uses Yggdrasil drive superconductor transfer system, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features: landspinner high-mobility propulsion system, mounted in legs; high-output jump thruster x 1, located on lower back rear; Ultracompact Float System stored on back (allows for highly limited atmospheric flight); Basic AI computer system “Jötunn”
Fixed armaments: High-output laser barrel x 2, located in forearms (can fire for ten seconds straight before overheating and cooldown); MV (maser vibration) knife x 2, stored in shoulders; Slash harken x 2, located in chest
Optional hand armaments: "Diviner" Arc x 2, attaches to hardpoints on back, fires anti-armor penetration arrows

Technical and Historical Notes:

A limited production Knightmare Frame based on the prototype TAU-1 Einherjar model. Only about three of these units were made, the three referred to as the "Nornir" commonly amongst its developers. While it's produced by a different company than the one which had produced the TAU-1 Einherjar, it adopts a similar model number and is a unit which is used in conjunction with the Einherjar as a vital support unit for various combat ranges. While it removes and replaces some of the systems and equipment used on the Einherjar it is more than capable of standing on near equal footing with it's predecessor.

The Norn is shorter and a bit heavier than the Einherjar, but doesn't slack on speed and mobility. Because it shares a similar frame to the Einherjar it is built for great maneuverability in combat. It also sports a rear-mounted back thruster for quick accelerations and high jumps, granting it some well-needed speed in some harrying situations. The additional bulk is most likely due to its thicker armor. Because the Norn does not sport a Repulse system like the Einherjar, it's given thicker armor for better protection. This allows it a similar defense (though definitely not as strong) while maintaining above average mobility over other Knightmare Frames. It also manages to retain a simplified version of its Ultracompact Float System, and a more basic version of its AI computer system.

The Norn advances upon the laser pistols utilized on the Einherjar, mounting them directly into the frame on its forearms. No longer requiring additional cartridges to reload the weapon, it can fire the weapon continuously to its hearts content until its drive systems require a new energy filler. Unfortunately it can only fire consecutively for ten seconds before overheating, where it then must undergo a minute long cool down before being able to fire again. Another weapon it replaces is the Harken spear; instead it sports the basic Slash Harken on the chest, in a similar if not the same exact position as the Britannian Knightmare Frames. Finally rather than having "Diviner" Swords as optional weapons to mount onto it's back, the Norn is equipped with a "Diviner" Arc; basically, a bow-like weapon which can function as a sword in close combat, which also acts in a similar manner to the "Diviner" Sword. However, it's also capable of firing anti-armor penetration arrows, which are good for disabling an enemy's limbs.
The Big Zabowski wrote:RMS-114 Hi-Gelg

Model number: RMS-114
Code name: Hi-Gelg/Gelgoog II
Unit type: High performance mass production mobile suit
Manufacturer: Mononic Corp
Operator: ESDFPW
Rollout: August UC 0082
Accommodation: pilot only, in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 19.0 meters; head height 18.0 meters
Weight: Dry Weight: 37.5 Metric Tons; Gross Weight: 60.1 Metric Tons
Construction: Gundarium Alloy on Movable Frame
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultra-compact fusion reactor, output rated at 1770 kW
Propulsion: Rocket thrusters: 2 x 14230 kg, 4 x 21410 kg; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 16
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 1.14 Gs
Equipment and design features: Compound Sensor Eye (CSE) System
Fixed armaments: 1 x beam saber, power rated at 0.4 MW , stored in recharge rack on rear skirt armor, hand-carried in use
Optional hand armaments: BOWA-BR-IVD-81-L32 beam rifle, power rating 1.7 kW, powered by rechargeable energy cap; MIM.D-RKTL-446 Rocket Launcher, clip-fed, 7 rounds per clip plus 1 round in chamber

Story: The Federation and Side Three came to a truce after the assassination of the entire Zabi Clan (Mineva included, which was considered a war crime to some) and the discovery of corruption within the Federation and Colonial governments After a quasi official witch hunt for these "bad apples", diplomatic talks were persued between the now unstable Earth Sphere, and the equally unstable side governments. The result of the talks founded the Earth Sphere Democratic Federation, a union of the earth, and all sides in a democratic republic state.

Acting similarly to the republics of ancient Greece and Rome, the Colonies now became self governing in a sense, and as a stipulation to the charter, had to lend assistance (if able) to other sides ravaged in the war and troops to a peacekeeping para-military force, known simply under the acronym ESDFPW for Earth Sphere Democratic Federation Peacekeeping Wing.

To offset the shortage of MS and funds found as a result of the One Year War, the design bureaus for Zeonic, Zimmad, and the Federation, banded together along with a fledgling Anaheim Electronics to form a brain trust collective known as Monomic Industries.

The Gelgoog II or Hi-Gelg was the crowning achievement of this collective, introducing many new technologies including a Panoramic view cockpit, linear seats, and moveable frame technology.

The resulting unit was cheap to build, field, and repair, making it popular with many peacekeeping pilots and tech crews. It has been used in several incursions with Zabi Loyalists, piracy groups, colonial revolutionaries, and former Federal dissidents. In all these incursions, it has proven to be a formidable unit, and plans are currently under way to bring command and recon versions of this suit into existence.
v_zubko wrote:Bear A
Outlaw wrote:M-10C Griffon Custom

-Model number: M-10C
-Code name: Griffon Custom
-Unit type: High Performance General Purpose Unit
-Accommodation: pilot only, standard seat cockpit in torso
-Height: 19.0 meters
-Weight: 55.3 tons
-Construction: High tensile Titanium-Steel Alloy on internal skeleton
-Powerplant: Ultra-compact fusion reactor, output rated at 1800 kW
-Propulsion: Hover Jet Thrusters: 60000 kg total; Vectored Rocket Thruster: 1 x 44000 kg;
Vectored Rocket Thruster: 4 x 27500 kg
-Equipment and design features: "Icarus" flight support system; OM.AM. Sensor suite

-Optional fixed armaments:
Shield, mounted on either forearm, contains: 1 x Beam Sabre, and grenade launcher;
Beam Saber, power rated at .75 MW, stored in recharge rack in shield, hand-carried in use;
Mk. XIV Grenade Launcher, uses standard hand grenades, muzzle loaded in use

-Optional hand armaments:
Type-42 Beam Rifle, power rated at 2 MW, powered by replaceable battery, can be stored on rear skirt armor;
Type-7 Beam Cannon "Heavy Rifle", power rated at 7.5 MW, powered by replaceable battery;
High Explosive Grenades, stored on upper leg armor, can be thrown or launched

Unit is capable of "hover flight" with a maximum altitude of about 2000 ft.
(Pretty much Dom style movement but at a higher altitude.)

Couldn't really come up with a good back story for it but I did design a mass production variant. The MP version doesn't have the OM.AM. (OMni AMalgamated) Sensor Suite and has lower Rocket Thruster output (1 x 40000 kg. and 4 x 25000 kg.)
Huhtis wrote:SCD-01 Landser in colors of elite royal guard
Equipped with assault lance
Regular colors and armed with beam carbine

-Model number: SCD-01
-Code name: Landser
-Unit type: Hover-manouvering land-use mobile suit.
-Accommodation: pilot only, standard seat cockpit in chest
-Manufacturer: Joint Saab, Patria, Sisu-Bofors, Morgenroete design bureau.
-Operator: Kingdom of Scandinavia
-First Deployment: Mid April CE75
-Height: 18.0 meters
-Weight: 48.6 tons
-Construction: Titanium alloy on internal frame
-Powerplant: Ultracompact energy battery, power output rating unknown
-Propulsion: Hover Jet Thrusters: 46000 kg total
-Equipment and design features: Advanced diversion systems; Ejection seat

-Optional fixed armaments:
Shield, mounted on either forearm; Patria RS(RynnäkköSeiväs)42 Assault Lancer, mounted on either arm hardpoint.
Beam Saber, stored in recharge rack in left arm, hand-carried in use;

-Optional hand armaments:
-Sisu-Bofors/Morgenroete-M12 multi-use Beam carbine/projectile launcher, powered by replaceable battery, can be stored on rear skirt armor;60mm underslung launcher, fires rocket propelled explosive/smoke/flash ordnance

Kingdom of Scandinavia´s first mobile suit produced. Before CE75 Scandinavians were operating lots of various mobile suits such as salvaged ones from Junk Guild, civilian Astrays and various custom models.

Landser uses same systems for manouvering as TSA DOM Trooper´s used during war. It is specially developed for defense campaigns on Scandinavian Kingdoms whole area. Suit is ideal for close combat and shock assaults with it´s Lancer and rifle in other hand. Lance can use electric shock to fry enemy MS equipment even on EMP-shielded units.

Landser has specialized diversion systems with lots of different counter measures and emitter that makes one Landser look like MS regiment.

200 are ready by CE80´s, 25 In royal MS guard and rest deployed in rapid reaction regiments across kingdom. Landser is easy to maintain but expensive and hard to operate. Only best of kingdom were qualified as pilots. One third of them were actually old mercenaries and hardened veterans.
Victor Zaibi wrote: MS-09SB Psycho Dom

General and Technical Data

Model number: MS-09SB
Code name: Psycho Dom
Unit type: prototype Newtype use mobile suit
Manufacturer: Axis
Operator: Zeon
First deployment: UC 0082
Accommodation: pilot in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 20.0 meters
Weight: empty 40.7 metric tons; max gross 81.8 metric tons
Construction: gundarium alloy on monocoque frame
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 2150 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 2 x 21400 kg, 4 x 9800 kg, 3 x 8600 kg; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 16
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 1.61 G
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 13100 meters
Fixed armaments: 2 x 3-barrel beam cannon, power rated at 1.8 MW, mounted in forearms; scattering beam gun, mounted in torso, power rated at 2.1 MW; 3 x bit, stored inside backpack, power rated at 1,2 MW
Optional hand armaments: large beam machine gun, powered by rechargeable energy cap; beam lancer, power rated at 1.6 MW, powered by rechargeable energy cap, can be combined with beam tomahawk; beam tomahawk, power rated at 0.85 MW, powered by rechargeable energy cap, can be combined with beam lancer
Dark Duel wrote:Gundam X191
Designation: AGX-191
Unit Type: Prototype high-performance assault mobile suit
Manufacturer: Unknown
Rollout: Unknown
Accomodation: Pilot only, in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso
Head height: 15.4 meters
Weight: empty 7.9 metric tons; max gross 20.45 metric tons
Construction: gundarium alloy/ceramic composite on movable frame
Powerplant: Minovsky-type ultracompact nuclear fusion reactor, power output rated 4625kW
Propulsion: Rocket thrusters: 5 x22950, 2x8870, 2x4560, 2x3370, 2x15350; vernier thruster/apogee motor: 88
Max acceleration 4.44 G
Equipment: Sensors, range unknown; Combat AI System; Rear waist weapons hardpoint x1; beam shield generator x2
Fixed Armament: 17.5mm dual head vulcan x2, fire-linked, mounted in head; 31mm megamachine cannon x4, fire-linked, mounted in torso; 220mm Variable Speed Beam Rifle x2, mounted to backpack, hand-operated in use; 75mm beam gun x2; Blade Funnel x2, stored on hip recharge rack, mounts 20mm beam gun x2, beam blade x1; megaparticle cannon x1, mounted in torso.
Handheld Armament: beam saber x2, stored on left hip; 56mm beam pistol x1, mounted to right hip
Optional Armament: 60mm long-range beam rifle, mounts beam bayonette, can be stored on weapon hardpoint; 500mm high-energy beam launcher, can be stored on weapon hardpoint.

A powerful prototype mobile suit developed based on SNRI's Formula Project. It has extremely high maneuverability and offensive strength.
A total of four AGX-191 units were built, each with a slightly different Combat AI. It is most closely based on the Gundam F91, and is armed with two VSBRs. It also equips an additional two beam guns and a torso-mounted battleship-grade megaparticle cannon.
In addition to this, it is equipped with a pair of Blade Funnels, remote weapons based on the Fin Funnels of the RX-93, which mount a beam blade and two beam guns each. To control this, Units One and Two are fitted with a Psycommu System for Newtype pilots, while an Oldtype-use quasi-psycommu is installed in Units Three and Four.
The machine's handheld armament consists simply of two beam sabers and a beam pistol, stored on its hips. It can also equip a long-range beam launcher or a beam rifle.
A grand total of four Units were built and fielded before the X191 Development project was cancelled, and currently remain in service. Except for Unit 04, which remained in its original rollout colors, the Gundam X191s were all custom-colored to fit their pilot's personal colors.

PICS:
Unit 01: Gundam X191-1
Unit 02: Gundam X191-2
Unit 03: Gundam X191-3
Unit 04: Gundam X191-4
Red Zaku wrote:http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3646/zakuivnu3.jpg

Haven't really come up with a name, or specs for it. It's something I put together in the little bit of Free time I had over the course of the week. And here it is three days before the deadline!
OddlucK wrote:RGM-79H Hydro GM
Wedge14 wrote:I stayed up all night last night smoking crack cocaine and prepping thisfor the franken contest!!

Actually I just felt like acquiring last place for myself. :P
Last edited by Draco Starcloud on Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
OddlucK

Not that I have any expectation of winning, but is there a reason mine isn't on the list?

Regardless, there are a lot of really good entries. Great work everyone! Good thing I have a year to decide (this is the August '08 contest, right?). ;)
Turinu

Ain't this the August 07' Franken Contest, and not the August 08' one? :P

EDIT: Wow I'm blind, just noticed person above said it too. D: )
Wedge14

OddlucK wrote:Not that I have any expectation of winning, but is there a reason mine isn't on the list?
I'm gonna ask the same question, i was atleast expecting a few people to throw away lolvotes on mine.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Draco Starcloud

It's because making the thread at 1 AM makes me miss things.
OddlucK

Draco Starcloud wrote:It's because making the thread at 1 AM makes me miss things.
Ah. Thought it might be something like that. No worries. ;)
Draco Starcloud

If it's any consolation, Silent_Knight_Gundam pointed out two other entries I hadn't put right after the thread was made.
OddlucK

Heh. See what happens when you do that whole "not sleeping" thing? :D
Draco Starcloud

Just over 12 hours left to vote. It's a close race too!
Nightwing03

So close till votes end, then we can all find out "WHO WILL BE THE GOD OF FRANKENING" :twisted:
♣♦♠♥
Turinu

Nightwing03 wrote:So close till votes end, then we can all find out "WHO WILL BE THE GOD OF FRANKENING" :twisted:
We already know who that is..(it's me, of course.). This contest is to decide who shall be his devoted worshipers. ^_^~
The Big Zabowski

Nightwing03 wrote:So close till votes end, then we can all find out "WHO WILL BE THE GOD OF FRANKENING" :twisted:
Not God, more like "The best there is"...for now. 8)

EDIT: And Turinu/Shori.. you are no god.. more like a street corner frankener.. XD
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Turinu

The Big Zabowski wrote:
Not God, more like "The best there is"...for now. 8)

EDIT: And Turinu/Shori.. you are no god.. more like a street corner frankener.. XD
Then Street Corner Frankener must be the title given to a Frankener above all Frankeners~! *Hands on hips, triumphant "Humph!", Inflated Ego~!*
EZero8

Guys... before this becomes a whole messed up topic, I'm gonna just come out and say that [sarcasm]I'm the God of Frankening.[/sarcasm] Now that that is over with, back to the contest ehh? :wink:
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
deathpony

not *this* again...
Shori wrote:OMIGAWD IT SUCKS U USE SIMMONS ART U NEWB.
Nightwing03

Ok then...anyway. how long till voting ends?
♣♦♠♥
Wedge14

YOU'RE ALL SINNERS!!! CLAIMING TO BE GODS WHEN YOU'RE ALL MERE MORTALS!!

Mark Simmons is the god of frankening.

NOW FALL TO YOUR KNEES AND BEG THE LORD FOR FORGIVENESS!! AND ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE SAVED!!

one-village-idiot

...what? Simmons does frankens? where? Or rather, could someone guide me to his work (not this place http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/gpimages/mecha/ )?
Wedge14

He created the art people originally used for making frankens. Even if he doesn't franken himself. It's hard not to recognize him as the frontrunner/godfather/God of frankens.

Strike Zero

Wedge speaks the truth. All hail Mark Simmons, the TRUE God of the franken-Gundams!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.