My Steelwoks Factory - Updated July 29 2007

The place to share your artwork.
RedSteel

My Steelwoks Factory - Updated July 29 2007

Hi there ... i just found out about this forums that relates everything to mecha so i got intrested and joined in. Im Joshua a.k.a dlredscorpion in DA and i hope to get along with you all well.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5743/ghast00ld7.jpg

Over here is my original platform unit design based of the SRW OGS series. Dubbed Ghast Type - 00 short form for General Heavy Armor Siege Trooper. Designed to be medium weight and pack a general usage heavy armor for siege and assault combat. Just like mass produce mechs their weaponary system are flexible however Ghast also has their own type of armour module / weapons that mostly consist of AP and Siege class weaponary. The shoulder piece for the right arm plays an important role as the piece has an equipment that helps out with aiming for better accuracy.

The current one here has no weapons or heavy armor equipped on besides the built in the body which has a pair of medium range heavy vulcans located at the head, and a pair of lighweight waist mounted slug cannons.

Height : 23 . 6 M.
Weight : 49 tons. (fixed)

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6056 ... h00pf8.jpg

One of the Ghast prototype Module armour, an all condition Technical Siege Armour - 'Ashblood' Custom. Its actually a mobile type long range siege platform that a Ghast just sits in the machine. 'Ashblood' custom is a prototype from the prestige Ashblood family that takes pride in producing rare weapons.

In a case of the armour takes too much damage the Ghast will automatically ejects from the core body.

Another info is the Resonater - a genetically modified human that is able to create a link towards any machine thats has a Resonater Generator. They will be able to to fully take control the whole machine as if it was their body and also provide much need support to the pilot when needed. They are also reponsible of the many function withing the machine that a normal human wont be able to process in matter of minutes of seconds.

The full data is still a little incomplete i will post it once its done.

Type number: IGS - type 000 - 1

Code name: Ashblood

Unit type: Long Range Siege/Destroyer Module Armour.

Manufacturer: Excellious Defense co.

Operator: Core pilot : Richard Ashblood - Resonater : Ayla Reshmond

First deployment: No Records.

Accommodation: 1 pilot - 1 resonater, Resonater Reader supported cockpit located in the rear torso

Dimensions: overall height - 47.8 meters; length - 124.2 meters; width -
118.5 m.

Weight: 478 tons.

Construction: Teraium Mixed Composite Titanium.

Powerplant: Tri - Hallion Plasma Induced High Power Output Generators.

Propulsion: Anti Gravity Generator; 10 main output thruster; 24 supporting thrusters.

Equipment and design features: Level 5 Distortion Barrier, Multiple Lock on long range FCS (30 targets), Infra red scoping field scanner, Sonar type resonate scanner, 3 on board supporting battle AI's, FCS aiming correction mechanism, Resonater linked reaction generator, fire control mechanism, C.A.S.E.D life/ammo support systems, 4 - emergency output compact generator, Anti ECM protction, Water resistance chassis, Full body multi direction sensors, 8 containers of repair bots.

Fixed armaments: 2 x 15 shots multi rack Vulcans mounted at the Ghast head; 4 x 10 shots light caliber autocannons mounted at the front torso armour, 2 x 10 shot rapid firing spread shot grenade launcher mounted at the sides of the centre torso; dual heavy particle cannons mounted at the front of the hover legs; 14 Seeker Laser firing lenses mounted around middle shoulder piece armour; 14 x 20 drones VLS decoy systems; 4 x 8 shot Rapid Firing Gauss Rifles (arms); Dual foldable - 108 mm Seige Cannons loaded with 16 shot of SES (Siesmic Emulators Shells); Single Universal Loader 140 mm Rail Gun with standard 16 shots of ammo; 8 containers Compact Deployable Cloaked Hunting mines.

Optional hand armaments: Weapon storage - Dual AP bazooka's or a 80 mm snub cannon; 4 x Resonaters attacks bits.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/4130 ... ourdj2.jpg
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/8162/p ... setgg4.jpg

This is GRP Type 2 - Powered Assault Armour Module (Purger) for the ghast unit. Design to be an heavy assault armor while at the same time packing large amount of heavy armor.

Just like the Siege type the core armour can be removed once taken a large amount of damage.

The only Unique part about the usage of this armour is the requirement of 2 Resonater due to the unique four arm functions thats can independently locked on to 4 different target.

Type number: GRP Type 2.

Code name: Purger.

Unit type: Heavy Assault Armour Module

Manufacturer: Glastheim Heavy Industries.

Operator: Resonater pilots : Mia Kubayuki and Thea Valentine

First deployment: 543 CE. (colonization ear)

Accommodation: 2 Resonater pilot - Stard Central armour with outfitted Resonater generator.

Dimensions: overall height - 32 . 6 meters;

Weight: 104 tons.

Construction: Enforced Heavy Composite Titanium. (reactive type)

Powerplant: Dual High output Compact Fusion Reactor.

Propulsion: 4 x Compact main thruster; 2 x Primary main thrusters; 8 x supporting thrusters; 6 x all terrain grinder tracks located below the feet.

Equipment and design features: Standard 1500 m scanning radar ; Night vision scope ; 8 multi directional sensors / camera ; Level 3 - Distortion Feild ; Resonater Generator ; Infrared Sensors ; standard life support system ; single AI battle computer ; Fire control system ; C.A.S.E.D type ammo casing ; 900m radius Missile Jammer.

Fixed armaments: 2 x 13 shots 90 mm Dual Barreled Armoured Siege Rifle - For the larger set of arms ; 2 x 20 shots GP 99 Armour Piercing Assault Rifle - for the smaller set of arm ; 2 x high output beam saber for the smaller arms ; 6 x hyper beam saber built in the larger set of arms ; 2 x 10 shot medium autocannons located at the centre torso ; 4 x 15 shots lightweight vulcans located in the head.

Optional hand armaments: Weapon storage 2 x 20 shots handcannons.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9247/kabukikw0.jpg (update)

The Hunter's Nest 2nd in command prototype Stealth mellee mech that is design for purely agility and speed for chasing down and closing in on enemy.

In addition the Kabuki is outfitted with a cloaking mechanism and a compact high ECM generator.

Type number: St - 22 Prototype Stealth Armour Module

Code name: Kabuki

Unit type: Stealth Recon/Mellee

Manufacturer: Hunter Nest Mecernaries Defense co.

Operator: Core pilot : Gary Westner - Resonater : pilot - Ley Mayase.

First deployment: 538 CE.

Accommodation: 1 pilot - 1 resonater, Resonater Reader supported cockpit located in the centre torso

Dimensions: overall height - 29.4 meters.

Weight: 76 tons.

Construction: Unknown.

Powerplant: Dual - Cresswell type compact fusion reactor.

Propulsion: 4 x Main thrusters, 1 x Overbooster (200 seconds operation mode), 16 x support thrusters.

Equipment and design features: Level 2 Distortion Barrier, Enhance Internal Hydraulics, Infra red scoping field scanner, 900m range radar, 2 on board supporting battle AI's, FCS aiming correction mechanism, Resonater linked reaction generator, fire control mechanism, C.A.S.E.D life/ammo support systems, 2 - emergency output compact generator, Anti ECM protction, Water resistance chassis, Full body multi direction sensors, Cloaking mechanism, Radar resistance coating.

Fixed armaments: 2 x 20 shots light autocannons mounted in the shoulder, 2 x High output beam nagitana, 2 x Variable length medium output beam saber.

Optional hand armaments: Weapon storage - 2 x Vibro daggers, 2 x 15 shots Type 66 - AP handcannons.

(note : the weapons are not scaled in size - working on that still XD)

Also i am open for comments and will accept critiques cause i am looking to improve myself more for my working place. Of course this works are non related to my company, they are all my own personal works.

[
Last edited by RedSteel on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
The power to level cities to the ground ~ all in your fingertip
Turinu

You'll need to remove the images from your thread and post links instead, as are the rules.

Aside from that, that's some really great art.
jam!

Beautiful work.

You linked us to the thumbnails though. To link us to the images take out the ".th" in the url when you place the image url.

I have no suggestions, only praises.
Kangaroo

Those are some sweet images, once they aren't thumbnails i'll be able to see them better though.
RedSteel

Lol sorry i will keep that in mind next time. Thanks to whoever helped me corrected my mistake.

I just fixed them and they are no longer in thumbnails.
Silent_Knight_Gundam

this is amazing, I love the TVX and the GRP looks so much like a zentradi mech on steriods! Keep it up good sir, i see great things from this thread!!
Kangaroo

Purger is sweet.
Wingnut

Kangaroo wrote:Purger is sweet.
Why? What about the mech makes it so? As is this post is spam.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
OddlucK

Very nicely done! I love your attention to the detail of each mech, giving them a very realistic feel. Yet, they all have a rather alien look, as well. Very cool.

Keep it up! :D
RedSteel

Silent_Knight_Gundam - lol thanks ... i think my design and taste was both heavily influence by an old game called Quo Vadis.

Kangaroo - :D glad you liked the Purger type. Im working on a close range mellee type and hopefully get the design posted within these 2 days, well when my work is not getting in the way thats it. XD

Wingnut - XD i guess it does not suit your taste, the design i mean. Well dont worry i understand cause mechs are like art and different ppl have different taste.

OddlucK - Im trying to blend a both cubism and organic kind of look in a way, hoping to create something new and intresting. :)
Wingnut

RedSteel wrote:Wingnut - XD i guess it does not suit your taste, the design i mean. Well dont worry i understand cause mechs are like art and different ppl have different taste.
I was responding to the person above me. My remarks were not meant as a comment on your design.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Tiga

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/4130 ... ourdj2.jpg this mech is pretty awsome nice work on this ^-^
Draco Starcloud

The Purger reminds me of a Ghost in the Shell powered armor combined with a Zentraedi battlepod.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
RedSteel

Wingnut - Lol my bad then.

Tiga - hahaha looks like Purger is the more popular choice of design eh. ^_^

Draco - Yeah the design does look like what you mentioned, im a sucker for those design too so i guess i did incoporate the desings in.
RedSteel

Updated again ... been busy with work so sorry on the slow updates.