Seraphic's Section - digital art livestreams

The place to share your artwork.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Seraphic's Section - digital art livestreams

New Mobile History Gundam Wing: The Sword

Art:

Grand Leo or Leo-G 6.23.07
Wing Gundam HY Custom + saber and shield, binders drawn overscaled for artistic purposes, 6.23.07
Wing Gundam HY Custom, for the kill, 6.28.07
SD Wing Zero, 10.5.07
LEO-G, 12.22.08
A Clash of Blades 3.7.09
Red Feng 3.7.09
Leo-G 3.7.09
--Full Link
Hi-Buster Rifle 12.15.09
Falcon Saber 11.30.09
Dual Sabers 11.9.09

Profiles ESUN:

Serpent-V Sgt. Custom fix 2-25-08
Wing Gundam HY Custom 6.28.09 design sheet
--- Wing Gundam HY Custom (old attempt) 6.23.07
---Wing Binder 2.25.08
Epyon Kai 8.28.10
---EQ lineart 8.28.10
---Epyon Kai (old) 5.3.08
Grand Leo 5.16.08
Ethereal Gundam 12.20.11
Leo: Lion's Mane 7.20.12
Astral Gundam 2.19.13 no shield binders
Full Armor Leo 2.28.13

Profiles MSR:

Gemini Command: Winters Custom 2.7.08
Gemini Command: Jaegar Custom 2.7.08
Panzer Gemini 11.10.07
Panzer Gemini in color 10.1.11
Gemini II 5.29.08
--Gemini II Minh Custom
Gemini MD 1.3.09 (Full.)
Gemini MD in color 2.26.12

Characters

Jen Aoki 2.25.08
--Jacket. 4.15.09
--Wardrobe Troubleshooting. 4.15.09
Jen Aoki 6.28.11

Aoki black shirt 8.25.12
Aoki scarf and leather 8.25.12
Aoki, the little black one 8.25.12 closeup lineart

Victoria Schneider lineart 6.10.13

Character Art

Jen's scarf and coat 2.25.08
Ordinary 2.25.08
"...holy crap!" 2.25.08
Master Plan 2.25.08
Noooooo!! 2.25.08
Ch. 2: Off Guard 5.3.08
Ch. 4: Mackin' the Honeys 8.20.08
Awkward Boredom 5.5.09
Dinner with Zechs 4.14.10
No More Frowning 3.1.12

Miscellaneous/Unrelated

Minh's Giraffe 7.27.08
Chimera: Snakatortiel 12.16.08
Chimera: Canis Zebraloaf 3.7.09
Ananda 9.19.09
Cis 9.19.09
Zack 9.19.09
Dan 9.19.09
Larry 9.19.09
Stephen 9.19.09
2 Years of Gundamn! custom 3.7.10
How to draw a soccer ball. 3.7.10
Bracket technical drawing 12.13.10
Monster Hunter Tri: Domestic Violence 7.14.11
Deviljho plays the trumpet 1.13.12
Needlesword 6.10.13

The Three Swords - Book 3: The Wind

Madoka Marusawa 7.2.07
The Swordsman Kaze 5.3.08
Demon Wind, lineart 7.27.08

As Was Written

Gita 1.8.09
Gita: Paladin Armor. --Armament. 3.28.09
Gita: Under the Armor 3.28.09
Gita: comparison sheet. 3.28.09
Marian 7.19.10
Marian color 12.13.10
Giga Earth Broad Sword 4.7.12

4koma
001 - Jen and the Banana 11.10.08
002 - Gardening with Heero Yuy 11.14.08

Armored Core for Answer
"Black is the Colour" 4.13.10
Activation 10.15.09
Assault 3.13.10
Normals 10.28.09
Quickboost 10.30.09
Ochiro! 10.16.09
Death 12.29.09
3,764 Bullets 3.13.10
OverBoost 4.6.10
Down Time 4.13.10
---
Gun kata 1 12.13.10
Stance 2 1.26.11
Dance 1.29.11

These will appear in my story--After Colony timeline. I'll try to post profiles as they make appearances in the chapter and not post anything too soon and ruin the fun.

I'll probably only post lineart for the time being, because I can't color well by hand, or with photoshop, and only have poor editing skills in photoshop, at that. Nonetheless, I welcome tips for improvement. Thanks for taking a look.

There are a lot more, I just haven't finished polishing them up. They're all originally drawn in pencil on notebook paper.

Oh, and I'll post specs if anyone asks for them.

12.22.08 Crash taught me how to lift my lines in photoshop. I'll be coloring a lot of designs now. =D
Last edited by Seraphic on Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 66 times in total.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Seraphic

Added For the Kill.

This is a quick and dirty ink sketch I made in driver's ed class (a year or so ago), on the back of one of the work sheets. :lol: I think it looks really neat, despite its random creation. You can also get a better view of its wing binders and get an idea of how they might work.

Currently I am revamping my fiction work so it might be suited for posting in the future. Afterwards, I will add the profiles for the suits that appear. Maybe I'll even throw in a few profiles (with lineart) that don't appear until much later in the story if anyone is curious enough. I know you guys love your colors and finished products, but I'm still surprised no one has left any thoughts on these. No love for AC, I guess, and I still have to study a lot more to get the proportions correct.

It'll be a while longer until another update. Take it easy until then.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

Silent_Knight_Gundam

I would like to say this right now, KATANAS MAKE EVERYTHING LOOK COOl. I love the leo's design, it looks very agile and solid and the Wing Gundam HY custom looks awesome too.
Seraphic

Thanks a lot, Silent. I might draw up a profile picture for the Leo-G soon enough.

I haven't been adding things to here as frequently as I thought I would. I'll be adding some MS specs and more art once I post my fiction, but rewriting and entire chapter hasn't been easy. My writing doesn't come quickly and easily, unfortunately. :? What I have been doing is doodling in class instead of taking notes and playing my second game of Tales of the Abyss. :lol:

Anyway, what color would you guess her hair would be? Just wondering what the impression is.

Thanks for taking a look.
-Antares

Draco Starcloud

The Grand Leo is great. The sword and the dome-like head make it look very sleek.

The Serpent-V Sgt. Custom doesn't look much like a serpent though.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Seraphic

Bleuah. So it looks like it'll be a while before I can actually do any writing. *damns calculus and Isaac Newton* In the meantime, I'll post two units for you guys to play around with. Now, I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just codename them so you will have a way to refer to them.

Unit A, full equip

Okay, I know what you're thinking. My original intention was not to put that many weapons on it either, but I couldn't help it! "Hey...it looks like something will fit there!!" *adds a chaingun* Sorry, Armored Core does that to you. And it's wearing a targeting visor, so no, not a GM.

Unit J

This appears in the same story as an "antagonist." That's just a big metal plate, not a large camera. And it really does have arms, they're just folded up. His elbows are actually pointed up in the air. I really liked putting wing binders on its legs. I was going for something really different, and maybe a little creepy. And it's still in pencil. Who cares?

Draco: Yeah, I know the Serpent-V looks nothing like the original, but that wasn't the point to begin with. Only this custom suit has the bunny ear antennas and tipped shoulders, and it would look more similar with them off. In my story, the Serpent blueprint is overhauled into a high-mobility flight model, and the limited production Serpent-V is the result. It would stand for Wing Serpent, I guess, but V sounds better than W. It's a radical change, and the only things it really derives from the original Serpent is the armor material and the diverse weapons loadout, and the name of course.
Last edited by Seraphic on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Antares

Strike Zero

Dude, the Unit A looks FANTASTIC. Don't worry about it having too many weapons; they only serve to make it look more awesome.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Seraphic

Thanks a lot, Strike Zero. It's probably so awesome because it's my own personal preference on how to build a suit. Ez8's grittiness, Zero's performance, Gaplant's fluidity, and my own preferences in equipment and weapons.

It's my birthday. Light a candle.

Been working on a few of my projects a bit, and reading In Vain Doth Valour Bleed. I've also run out of notebook paper, so you may not see any new additions until I can get some more. Why is it so hard to find wide-ruled paper? I have stacks of college-rule, but that just means more lines I have to remove once the stuff gets to photoshop.

Madoka is the last thing I finished before I ran out. I couldn't stop staring at this once I finished it. Man >.> ....*Ahem* She is a character from a story that most likely won't be getting posted here. I just thought this turned out very well. I don't just draw mecha. =p

Well anyway, enjoy what's here in the time being. Hopefully I'll post some chapters before you get more sketches. Take it easy.
-Antares

Seraphic

Alright, electricity and magnetism and advanced calculus have joined forces to kick me really hard in the balls, so I'll be out of the fanwork business for some time. Such a shame too. This only happens once a guy gets really inspired to write and draw.....

Anyhow, while I am away, enjoy this SD Wing Zero.
-Antares

Seraphic

I need some help deciding between two designs I may want to use. They may appear a little strange or whacked-out (and again I apologize for the hasty pencil work) because I was originally wanting something that functioned similar to the Raptor.

The first attempt needs more detailing, but I guess it looks as weird as I wanted it to look, especially the head part. Overall, though, it just didn't seem quite right. It still didn't come close to being Raptor-like, either. The frame is largely improvised.

So I tried again with a second attempt which I had hoped to make more Raptor-y (hence it's odd gremlin-like posture. It can still stand upright if it wanted to, I guess). It was meant to have kind of tentacle-like limbs, but it looked really goddamn freaky when I drew that, so the frame came out like this instead. This one seems more finished. It has a machinegun instead of a rifle since it was just a more aesthetic fit.

Overall, they both have heat sabers, a ballistic firearm, a Geara Doga-style shield, no feet (unless you count the little landing pedals) and the commanding units feature antennae on the helmets.

Anyway, what pros and cons do you see in each one? Would you take one design feature and put it on the other? Which would aesthetically make a better mass-produced mobile doll?

I really appreciate the input. Take it easy.
-Antares

Ascension

I love it. The second attempt, that is. It's like the bastard child of a Leo and a Lion. I hereby give it the incredibly ironic name of Leolion! :lol:
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Seraphic

And Ascension's Leolion wins by a landslide of 1 vote(s)! Thanks for the input. Gemini is already the established name for this series, but I think Leolion will make a good codename for it. Thanks for the idea.

Okay, so this Gemini mobile doll is specialized for space use. Here is its terrain use variant:

Panzer Gemini

Looks like I've improved a bit over my short break. Looks like Serpent + Ex-S + AC.

Okay, I know calling it a "variant" is a huge stretch, but yes, they're all related, and I insist on calling them all "Gemini". Designing a double-barreled machinegun with a functional magazine was a lot of fun. It actually works out! You can see the spare magazines on the skirt armor. The armored collar also keeps it from being decapitated easily. You know how them Gundam Pilots work...

Let me know what you think. Thanks for taking a look.
-Antares

Draco Starcloud

Needs more firepower before I can accept the name "Panzer" for it. 8)

It's a great picture though. The head reminds me of something I saw in an Armored Core game.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Nightwing03

Yep, needs much more firepower, maybe some missile launchers on the legs, shoulders arms, everywhere else xD, maybe 2 rail cannons, and maybe a chest cannon...
♣♦♠♥
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

alright I'm going to critic the hell out of your orginal units. I'm not meaning for this to sound harsh are anything. it's jsut the way I'm seeing it.

Unit A looks like it has twin wing shields that some how attach a gattling gun barrel to it. ...I'm not buying that too much, there's not enough froom on the wing shield to mount the actual gun mechanizums. perhapse if you stole the one from seed it would work well. then going on from that, the missle pods are way to far up and look more like they just happen to be there, why not mount it on the back and make it a vertical launch type.
and how many hand held guns does this thing have? I'm counting three. the two in it's hands and the thne one big beam cannon slung on it's back. , so question for oyu is where are these other hand helds palced when he whips out the big one, or when he whips out the beam saber?
the orginal serphent had bigger shoulders btw because they mounted missle launchers in there..

Unit J looks liek you'd been playing zone of enders for too long and tried to bring design elements over to gundam. witch I can't say is an exteremly bad thing. the legs particualry however are out of proportion for a mecha of either group. the lower leg should be much longer then the upper in genneral. and whiel the foled up arms look just plain wierd, I'm pretty sure that they're rightly proportioned. beyond that where do the bit's sit on the MS when not in use?

on to your raptor. the second atempt atualy made me smile, it's got the design elenet's that make it look like it would fit with your other stuff. I get the feeeling you could send 100 of these at something and expect to jsut be writing homw about how you managed to lose 100 MS agianst one enemy unit... "dear HQ, install better tracking sensors in these things, the enemy was flysing around the static lines of fire"

the panzer Gemini looks good. even if the head was certianly taken from AC without much work done to it.. after all that is a very basic head. well mr bucket head does suffer from the elgs issue i mentioned before, the upper leg is just too long comapred to the lower. in this case you'd want to shring the upper leg's hieght while streching the lower leg to match the orginal hieght. (oh and for reference, Mr. Bucket Head was the nick name of my mecha from AC: last raven. I been poking fun at that head since the first time I saw it) I love the Panzer's weapon load out and how you can clearly see where it's cleaver is on the back. since some one else pointed it out, to amke it more "panzer like" slap on a gernade cannon and cluster missle/bomb lauchers on either side of the boosters array. yes, I jsut told you to take the gernade cannon from AC. I realize you probabvly where going off of the idea of panzer attacks being quick and heavy handed. so the tatical idea here is that the afor mentioned missile launcher only has one volley in it, you fire it off at the onset of combat and then jetison the container. then pop them with a round from your GR cannon and start closing for the final blow with your sword as you fillem up with machien gun rounds....oh wait that's my typical versus AC tatic....well hell it works. atleast for the first AC unit. after that I'm just trying to stay alive...

Alright, that's my 2.5cents ignore most if you want but please please, clean up the legs lenght issues.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Seraphic

Heh, this is certainly a surprise. It looks like I'm in debt by half a cent! =)

I really appreciate the input, Crash. It was analysis like this that I was really looking forward to when I created this section. Guess I'll have to answer your questions now.

First I'll just have to make a disclaimer that, yes, I posted all these frames without including full explanations, so it may be a bit difficult to understand why they're all designed a certain way.

Keep in mind this is the FULL EQUIP version of "Unit A." It normally doesn't launch in this configuration, and for the most part just uses this stuff in zero-G. Vertical missiles do not work very well in space, do they? The missile pods are placed like that because they are mounted to the top of the Unit's wing binders with a joint. The missile packs can face either up or forward for reasons I won't reveal here. Yeah, sorry the view used here doesn't let you see the wing binders whatsoever.

I'm sorry about the sloppy gatling guns. I actually just spontaneously drew them during the middle of a class (where I did not have a table top or enough elbow room), and these are actually the first gatlings I've ever made an attempt to draw. The perspectives were a real pain, and I still did not get them right. No, I'll NEVER borrow any SEED mechanics. That idea can go straight to hell. I was trying something like this http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/08thmsteam ... shield.jpg. I hope you recognize that. =) I'll rework this Unit's gatling shield before I "officially publish" it.

The Unit's side-skirts and the underside of the shoulder shields have hard points. The handheld guns can mount on any one of them. Notice these hardpoints would be in positions very close to an actual holster. Sorry I didn't actually draw out the hard points (no one ever does). I may actually redo the side skirts on the Unit to accomodate this design feature.
Yeah, he as three guns in the picture (and one more that is not pictured.) He has to holster the two hand-held guns before using the separating long beam rifle.

Yeah, you don't need to tell me about the anatomy of any GW MS. I know them, trust me. =) The Serpent-V only has one missile in each shoulder. Haha.

So you've noticed I play too much AC and ZOE? I'm not being very subtle! :lol: I have already reworked a but of Unit J so that it doesn't look so naked. I also had a strange feeling about its leg proportion. I'll study more into it. The 'blade defensers' mount onto the back in an arrayed formation, similar to the Mercurius. Yes, the arms are wonderfully weird. I did draw out a different folded-arm concept which wasn't so shocking, but I'll make this as weird as I can.

Your intuition about my "Raptor" is perfectly right. Would you laugh if it ever charged at you with its heat saber?

The head you're discussing is called the Cricket. I wanted to use this part because it feels very robotic and emotionless/faceless, but still seems very menacing. If you notice, the one I drew is actually missing much of the detail as seen from the game. And I suppose no one else actually looked as close as I did, but the Cricket actually has four eyes while my Panzer just has two visors. And OF COURSE the Panzer has more weapons than this! The ones I drew are just the standard loadout. There is only so much time, and so much room on a sheet of notebook paper. It's weapons options include:

An over the shoulder bazooka, a 200mm cannon, a two-handed beam cannon with supplemental generator, vertical missiles, and a napalm rocket gun (just for the one unlucky guy who gets to burn to death SLOWLY.) All of these can't be used at once, obviously. And remember, the Panzer is a mobile doll mass produced in extreme quantities. Not absolutely all of them have an extensive load out.

About the leg proportions...

Yeah, I know I need to study MS proportions more in general, but I do not mind the current style I have right now. I understand what you say about the units I've posted here, but these are not the majority of my frames. Also, the Panzer is perfectly fine. Yeah, its thighs LOOK very long, but that's because its front skirt armor is extremely short. Did you notice that? Many of my originals tend to have little or no skirt armor. I know there's a set standard for proportions set for mecha design. A good example I have here is Takayuki Yanase's Nu Freedom here. This is a very good looking frame, and the legs are probably what you are looking for in a frame, right? Yes, I'll agree it's good, and I will keep such things in mind for the future, but I will not promise to stick to convention. I'll at least fix the ZOE type legs on my frames for you.

Ah, and you didn't mention my custom Wing Gundam at all. Is it just too horrid? It's actually used in my avatar, too. (A non-finalized version of it, at least.)

Otherwise, thank you very much for your thoughts on my work. Your input is very valuable.
-Antares

crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

I wrote this as a big block of text.

With the Serpent V the thing that realy pulls away from it is that it doesn't even share much in the way of design elements from the orginal Serpent when you got to te arms and legs (I loled at the fipped pelvic design. I take it you where bugged by the idea of a moble suit "pissing" flames when it thrusted backwards?)

For weapon loadout I'd be definently agianst arming anything that's surpose to be mas produced with a large number of weapons. expecialy so with mobile dolls witch are viewed as disposable soldiers at best. the more weapons you give a mecha to use in one mission the longer the mecha has to stay in one piece to use it all and the more the mecha's cost per unit increases. and when you're dealing with enemy gundams.... that's alot of ammunition and money down the drain.

I think one of the best MS weapons for a Blitzkrig mecha witch would need to deliver a heavy amount of firepower while staying mobile (to advoid fire) would be the panzerfaust as it's essentialy and 1 use RPG, so you could attach a hand full to a mecha to make the mecha's earily attacks realy heavy in damage and then equip it with a more regular weapon. I think the definative Blitzkrig mecha design/loadout would come from the Kämpfer as all of its weapons save the mounted vulcan are burst weapons, i.e. front loaded damage.

The image of freedom is spot on for most of the newer gundam designs proportions. the previous ones actualy sported shorter toros and upper legs. a good example of this would be the GpO sereis gundams from 0083. Or baring that the proportions that Hajime Katoki used in most of his wing gundam variations. Even the model kits based off of the TV version show off the proportions.

the inclsuion of skirt armor usualy coveres most of the upper leg, even in the case of heavyarms who has the shortest of the gundam wing skirt armor. the legs conneect to the torso a good bit further down then it looks with skirt armor so the illusion of long upper legs are created. the shirt armor also plase a mjor role in making the MS look complete since it carries with it a degree of complexity. your panzer unit the super-short front skirt does little to conceal any of the leg so the bare design of the upper leg realy strikes agianst the mecha's usualy complex look.

and on the subject of skirt armor, I tend not to use it myself. that is unless I'm going to mount something on it, like extra ammo, or I'm using it to make the mehca look more like something out of gundam.

See image1: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/cr ... bottom.jpg

The shield I was sugesting was http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/cr ... y/5531.jpg the one from the goulf has been beaten to hell and back to zeonic lovers.

probably the main reason I noitced the influnces is because of how much those two soruces influnce me. the ommision of feet however is probably the bigest single thing you can do to make a mecha look like its from ZOE looking mecha....that or give yoru mecha pelvis mounted cockpits.... but uh I hope no one else goes in that direction. moreso if the said mecha has a "flight mode" nuck nuck nuck.

actualy after I got over the wierd combination of the two zero wings I actualy liked it. my 1/144 TV verion Zero fell out of the celling peg I hat it attached to in my room recently. (it was positioned firing it's buster cannon at the advancing form of the 1/144 epyon. :D )

oh and the .5 cent was from me actualy pausing long enough to type out the last post lol.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Seraphic

Okay, this one took a long time. I think you'll be able to tell why.

Gemini Command: Winters Custom

That is an "accelerated" beam rifle. The bolts aren't all that much more powerful, but the real kick comes in the fact that the particles are accelerated much faster. It should be able to destroy an AC Gundam in 3 or 4 shots. I know I wanted the rifle to be a little larger than normal, but it's hard controlling the size of things when you're improvising. Too big! I think I may remake it later. I also really like how the shield turned out. Short and stocky. I had the most trouble with the knees and the rifle. I'm not all that good at designing weapons. I think I've improved with my proportions now, but what I need to work on next is posture. The Winters' stance is leaning a bit much. It's because I draw with my right hand and the lines I make naturally go down and to the right. It's really hard to predict how the posture will turn out when you're improvising a frame that's so geometrically complex.

I think that if I actually get my story done into a show, the animators are going to be pissed the hell off at me. Why are your frames so overdone??

And I fixed Unit J.

Gemini Command: Jaegar Custom

So I decided to release their real titles, and they're both command models for the Gemini mobile dolls. If you notice, they're both using the same torso. Winters is closest to the basic frame, but has a unique head and backpack....and rifle. The Jaegar is customized to a point that it's an almost completely redone mobile suit.

Let me know what you think. I'll either be working on characters next, or I'll be "reviving an old beast." Take care.
-Antares

Seraphic

First I just wanted to add a couple of items. I fixed some awkwardness on one of the earlier designs.

Serpent-V: Sergeant Custom

I think from now on I'll just stick with my pencil work instead of trying to ink with...ink. Ballpoint pens are surprisingly imprecise. I'll try to learn how to ink with some program soon, although I really don't like the idea of not doing something by hand.... =/

I also have lineart for my Wing Gundam's vernier wing binder.

And to commemorate the posting of the first three chapters for the story (the link to which is in my signiature), I'll go ahead and add in some profiles and artwork.

I have a profile picture for Jen Aoki. It's always a struggle to have a character design that you feel fits the character you've made.

And some artwork I feel fits in well with the first three chapters:

Jen's coat and scarf
It took a long time to get a hairdo I liked for Jen. And then I find out that it's very hard to draw her hair when she's looking the other way. I just need more practice because I suck. She looks pretty bored in the top picture, haha.

Ordinary
They can do everyday things like ordinary people, but there will always be something about them that is strange or stands out. When you live with Heero Yuy, you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want, like eat ice cream when it's cold and raining. That's how I imagine things, anyway. I want to photoshop this image to invert the background to black, while I leave the characters as the positive image. That'll take some practice.

"...holy crap!"
"Holy crap!" I like to try out different expressions. I also try to have a good sense of humor in my artwork. Heero Yuy is surprisingly difficult to draw. =/

Master Plan
He really is evil. I guess you could say I was bored enough to draw something like this.

Master Plan's outcome
Um...yeah. I don't think an explanation is too important here.

Alright, well, I hope I didn't waste too much of your time and you enjoyed what you saw here. Let me know what you think, even if it's just a small comment. Take it easy until next time.
-Antares

Seraphic

Here's this old beast I promised.

I've never appreciated the Epyon design quite enough until I actually got the chance to draw it. This thing is an amazing accomplishment in aesthetics, and I mean the original Okawara work, not my own. My favorite part of the design is the fangs/claws on the shoulders in place of where the machinecannons would normally go.

So what I've drawn is somewhat of an "Epyon Kai." It has a few aesthetic changes, for better or worse, and has some performance upgrades as well. The beam sword has a larger brace to better support a high output, and maybe add a little mass to the sword swing. The right arm is supported by what I call an "assault thruster" which should allow Epyon to use the beam sword at full output without any reduction in speed or control than when in a low output. The shield replaced a pair of the heat vents with a pair of large beam blades (with about the same output as its main sword), which are good for thrusts or simple slashes. I felt the Epyon needed an off-hand weapon that gives it even greater dominance where it really should be dominant. Dual-wielding giant beam blades? Yeah, someone's going to be in trouble. Heat rod shown in retracted form. =p Ah, and I'd like the wing binders to be fully functional vernier binders, but that's an invisible upgrade, haha. There are some other things to note, but they are story related, so we can leave that for later.

The legs are an insert from somewhere else (probably obvious), but I thought they looked a lot better on Epyon because they have this really skeletal look. I don't know if I drew those legs all too well though.

I am not particularly proud of this drawing because I normally only work on originals, and this modification of the original is far from drastic or even significant. I do want to paint it white, however, but that hardly counts. I had originally wanted to give it bat-like dragon wings, or hell, even a cape, but that would have been a little over-the-top and silly for the kind of story I wanted to write. It would have been easy to modify its binders to turn the Epyon to a so-called "feather dragon," but the whole feathered wing thing is being overdone. I might give it a shot later on when I feel like I want to try out the look.

I think I've finally got the proportions down now, but I still need to work on posture. It's not so obvious on this drawing of Epyon because of the angle, but I have issues aligning the head, torso, hip and legs. I think the only way to alleviate this is to pre-plan the entire frame and stance before I begin drawing. Usually I always draw in a particular order: head, torso, left shoulder, upperleft arm, skirt, complete left arm, left leg, right leg, right shoulder, right arm, wing binders, EQ. I'm kind of strange that way.

And while in the middle of working on this Epyon, I got a little sick of the giant killer robots, and so I wanted to work on things that were a little more organic. (Safe for work, but should you really be looking at things like this with your boss looking over your shoulder? =P ) (Don't be shy! It's cool.)

So this is a little snapshot of Jen from chapter 2, and I guess you see that my character drawings are not always all sketchy and stuff (on the earlier drawings, it was actually a stylistic choice.) I don't have a lot of experience drawing stuff like this (none actually) but I try my best to be tasteful when handling my female characters. I liked how the water droplets looked, so I might have gone a little crazy with that, haha. =p Of course, her posture was difficult to work with, and I had trouble lining up her hips and legs. The whole time I was struggling with that I was thinking to myself "This would be so much easier without that towel in the way!" But then I thought, "NO!!" >,< My intolerance for such things is keeping me from improving as an artist. This did not turn out quite as pretty as I had hoped, but at least I think I got the expression right.

If this drawing happens to suck, tell me what I can do to improve. I would really like to expand into this area of drawing also. If you really like the drawing, I want to ask you to keep both your hands on the keyboard. =)

So what are Jen and Epyon doing in the same post?? Does she pilot the Epyon? While wearing her towel???

Ah, and I thought Madoka was getting lonely up there in her own little section, so I went ahead and scanned this old drawing of Kaze.

This is my first try at drawing him, or any sort of armor actually, so it may appear to have a lot of issues technically. The pencil shading was also a little lazy. =/ Most people who see this tend to like it for whatever reason. Hopefully his story doesn't suck. =p And from these two drawings, altogether I'm not all too good with drawing folds and wrinkles in cloth material.

Sorry for making you read so much, but I really do put that much thought into the junk I draw. Please let me know what you think. Oh, and did you guys see the character art and the Winters Gemini from previous? Tell me about those, too! Agh, and read my story!

Take it easy. o,O
-Antares