My MS designs (update 21/10/07)

The place to share your artwork.
RedSteel

Hmmm.. boxier types eh....... im not sure what you have in mind but you might be able to try either Nu shoulder piece since i been playing around abit with my model kit and the design looks like it will blend nicely, with a nice color of course.

Or if you want something more complex well maybe you can try out one of the Sentinels Series units armors.
The power to level cities to the ground ~ all in your fingertip
frame

My MS designs (update 07/08/07)

Well here is another mobile suit.

This one is a mass production type. Think of it as a newer RGM-79 GM.

RGM-80R GM Raziel

Head: RGZ-95 ReZEL
Body: RX-178 Gundam Mark II
Arms: RGM-79N GM Custom
Legs: RX-78-5 Gundam Unit 5 "G05"

Model Number: RGM-80R
Code Name: GM Raziel
Unit Type: Mass production general purpose multi-class mobile suit
Manufacturer:
Operators:
First Deployment:
Accommodation: Pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions:
Weight:
Construction: Titanium alloy/ceramic composite on movable frame
Power plant: Ultra compact energy battery
Propulsion: Unknown
Performance: Unknown

Equipment and Design Features: Fixed Armaments: 2 x 60mm vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head; 2x Beam sabre, shield, mounted on left forearm
Optional Armaments: Hyper bazooka x 1, Beam rifle x 1, Gatling gun x 1

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61672137/

I may change some things later on as this pic is still a little rough. I want to keep the head but I may do a modified GM head for it and make the RGZ-95 ReZEL head a customization that will fit in with the story I’m working on.
Last edited by frame on Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
frame

Repost of Frame details...

Frame

Head: RX-0 Unicorn Gundam
Body: MMF-JG73L Turn Δ
Arms: GAT-X105 Strike Gundam
Legs: ZGMF-X12 Gundam Astray Out Frame

Model Number: Unknown
Code Name: Frame
Unit Type: Custom built all-purpose multi-mode mobile suit
Manufacturer: Sylph Kaze
Operators: Sylph Kaze
First Deployment: Unknown
Accommodation: pilot only at present
Dimensions:
Weight:
Construction: Unknown
Power plant: ultra compact energy battery at present
Propulsion: Unknown
Performance: Unknown
Equipment and Design Features: hard points for mounting packs, modular body construction,
Fixed Armaments: 2 x "Armour Schneider" combat knives, Beam hand gun, Projectile hand gun, beam sabre,
Optional Fixed Armaments: Packs
Optional Armaments: Beam rifle, Beam cannon, beam sabre, shield, palm beam cannon, rocket anchor, mounted in hands
Technical and Historical Notes: Frame was designed and built by Sylph Kaze as his personal mobile suit. Like most other custom built or prototype mobile suites the nickname of Gundam has been given to the mobile suit. (1).

Frame incorporates a large amount of experimental technology that was developed at the Kalm Technologies facility and by further developments made by Sylph Kaze. One of the most notable technologies used are the artificial muscles used in its construction. Once thought to be unviable due to cost, performance, and durability, Sylph Kaze, built upon the research by Kalm Technologies and came up with a system that rivals mechanical part in durability, but exceeds them in performance. Frame is the only known MS to have this technology and most people are unaware of its existence.

Since its construction Frame has been continually upgrade as and when parts became available. The secret behind its ability to change comes from the modular design that Sylph Kaze has implemented. The modular design has allowed Frame to adapt to any situation Sylph Kaze encountered. One of the newest features Sylph Kaze has added are hard points on the back that take different packs.

(1). The term Gundam in this universe is used much like the letter X is used to designate a prototype plane. The name Gundam came about when the head of mobile suit design at Sienar Systems , Dr Idolo, gave the name to a prototype MS he was designing. However Dr Idolo die in an accident during one of the MS’s test outings and as a mark of respect the designers at Sienar Systems started designate all prototype MS as Gundam. The name later got pick up be pilots that had ether heavily modified there MS or had a MS custom built.

Thanks for the comments so far.

I wasn't happy with the shoulders either so here are two other sets of shoulders. First are GMs (I think), the second are Unicorns.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/57956895/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/57957189/

I might try it with crossbone and astray shoulders as well.

Here is the lineart done.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/58470813/

Coloured,

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/58538743/
CHASER

It's very nice, though the Unicorn's shoulders personally don't seem to fit too well with that torso, most likely because of the perspective they're in. Other than that there seem to be a gap in the left upper leg where it comes into the skirt, since it doesn't seem to go into anything.

I like the colour selection though.

EDIT: Oh, and I adore your Raziel, it looks great in every way. ^_^
HellCat wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:I'm skipping this one if it's in suppository form, though. Like, I like Gundam, but not that friggin' much.
They decided against that because most Gundam fans already have something up their butt.
frame

Recolour of the RMS-141e-01 Xeku just added. Spec forthcoming.
frame

Well no spec yet, but here is a moded RMS-141e-01 Xeku. (pic is on first post)

so now for spot the difference.
frame

Here is a custom MWF-JG71 Raysta.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee72 ... worker.jpg

All I added to it are the "sub arm unit" from the RX-121-1 Gundam TR-1 and the winch from the ZGMF-1017 Works GINN.
Nightwing03

Man it looks like it has a heavy backpack on it's crotch...that seems a bit odd...
♣♦♠♥
frame

Nightwing03 wrote:Man it looks like it has a heavy backpack on it's crotch...that seems a bit odd...
It comes from AoZ and is found on the Advanced Hazel plus later models.