The place to share your artwork.

Would you join a MAHQ dA group?

Check Mark Yes
88%
Thumbs Down No
12%

Total votes: 25
J.E.

btw you can also create chatrooms and forums in DA. I noticed that there is a lack of mech chatrooms in there.
lalahsghost

J.E. wrote:btw you can also create chatrooms and forums in DA. I noticed that there is a lack of mech chatrooms in there.
Get at it. Come back here with results, and candy to lure us in. Anything that will bring this community together a little bit more is welcomed with open arms.
Draco Starcloud

A DeviantArt chatroom? For us?

It could work.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
lalahsghost

And if anyone can come up with a better MAHQ Mecha Talk Avatar for ~MechaTalk, feel free to submit it somewhere (Here/there/etc?) It took me like an hour to replicate the mahq font pixel by pixel. Keep it full of info and simplicity while having some elegance. and NO JPEG COMPRESSION quality loss..... It's 50x50 for goodness sake :)
J.E.

http://www.zirc.org/chat/#mechatalk

Client: Choose Either
Nick: Your Username, duh.
Channel #mechatalk

Hey why remove the one in DA?
http://chat.deviantart.com/chat/Mechatalk
Last edited by J.E. on Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clest

jam! wrote: Suggestion: Since it's mostly frankening contests being held here on the forums, how about hosting drawing contests on the deviantart account? There are tons of mecha artists on deviantart who are sure to be attracted to contests especially since artists on deviantart usually seem to like the prospect of being in contests.
Me wants that YAY!!!

As for adding the group and all... will do tomorrow, my home PC hates DA and I need to finish this freaky daughtress... :O
Jak Stoller

A photo-group with chat and forum... for a forum... am I the only one finding this redundent? Oh well, why not.

--Jak
Ryujin

Weh-heyyy~~good to see a group like this on dA again. gmwclub's been dead in the water for the longest time.
jam!

Actually, I meant the friends list thing that appears when you have a subscription on your deviantart account not just putting member's icons in the journal entries.

My mistake though, I misunderstood what lalah meant.
N-Bomb

...................a chatroom on da. I must be the only one to which this seems completely ridiculous.
lalahsghost

Bomb, shush. We are building not only a website (mechatalk.net), but a community. If we want to fill every aspect of our life with mechatalk, let them have their cake, and eat it too!
Turinu

Oh wow, after reading this topic I remember I have an abandoned DA account I stopped using back in 2003 XD.

If I ever get around to actually using it again, I'll probably go with all this~
N-Bomb

lalahsghost wrote:Bomb, shush. We are building not only a website (mechatalk.net), but a community. If we want to fill every aspect of our life with mechatalk, let them have their cake, and eat it too!
The point was that we have the irc channel for that purpose, no?
lalahsghost

N-Bomb wrote:
lalahsghost wrote:Bomb, shush. We are building not only a website (mechatalk.net), but a community. If we want to fill every aspect of our life with mechatalk, let them have their cake, and eat it too!
The point was that we have the irc channel for that purpose, no?

Long story. Think of it as #MAHQ-lite. since you know #mahq is not for people who are solely looking for and dedicated to discussion about mecha alone. I mean how many times have we gone on xbox/loli/necro/forza vs gt/life situations/drinking/sex/cars/games that aren't mecha/vr7's manga junk/food/ conversations that had nothing to do with mecha?

Like Nimrod said, it is a spin-off of a standard deviation, in order to keep like-minded conversations in a place where they are not possibly hindered by other things
J.E.

N-Bomb wrote:...................a chatroom on da. I must be the only one to which this seems completely ridiculous.

Since some of us here are already have our DA accounts, i think there's nothing wrong if we also have our own DA chatrooms. And it can also serve as a mecha chatroom for DA members who are not members of this forum. It's not trying to overtake irc.
VR7

Someone voted no on this? Blasphemer!

The purpose of a DA chatroom, I guess, is because not everyone knows how easy it actually is to use IRC. Having a browser based chatroom is even easier for that particular crowd.

You'd be surprised how many people don't know how to use IRC properly and would rather die than learn. :P
-noel
Draco Starcloud

IRC is the devil. DeviantArt.....is a picture site. That is all.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Deus EpS Machina

like the few above say...

A dA chat room would work out rather well in attracting folks that dont care too much for mecha in the way that people at MT do. Thats the idea, attracting new members, and allowing our own members to interact with them and each other in regards to things that are non-mecha.

Yea, #MAHQ is there for such things, however, as discussed in that other thread regarding a possible #mechatalk channel, its a clique by every right. A dA chatrrom will keep the subject, largely on art, with a bit of dabbling in mechart (hopefully).
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
duo2nd

I got a dA account. But some of my mecha works were hidden. I don't think I can fish them out.

I'm still waiting for my membership in Mechatalk.
lalahsghost

Everything is going along just fine and dandy. I've been able to pick up a few key members of dA, specifically ukitakumuki, and he was glad to join!

If you guys want to invite non forum members to join the group, feel free as long as they meet the mecha-anime requirement.

Also, the Mecha Talk dA account is going to be self governing. That means, if you want to start up some activities, feel more than free!

Draco and I, and a few others are able to access the account, so if you want to make a journal update or something, just try to find one of us!