Would you join a MAHQ dA group?

Check Mark Yes
88%
Thumbs Down No
12%

Total votes: 25
lalahsghost

Deviantart and groups.

How is a group created on deviantART? I am interested in founding one for our members here, and would like to see if people would join it, and would be interested in helping me establish it.

As the poll says. if you are a member of deviantart, would you join a MAHQ dA group? It could only benefit our viewcounts and name establishment, no?

~Mechatalk has started up! read this thread for more details!
J.E. wrote:"http://www.zirc.org/chat/#mechatalk

Client: Choose Either
Nick: Your Username, duh.
Channel #mechatalk
"...
http://mechatalk.deviantart.com

Make sure to add mechatalk as a friend, so we can add your mecha related images to the pile, and so your name will be shown on the list!
Last edited by lalahsghost on Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Draco Starcloud

As far as I can tell, a group account is simply a member account used by multiple people.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Wingnut

Interesting. It would be a good way for more members to be recognized for their art talents in ways that the current set-up of the MD&F forum does not allow for.
One vote yes.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Destroy Gundam

Makes sense to me. Another "yes" vote.

And "A Typical Episode" would find a home on DA.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
WhiteWingDemon

I would join. It would be nice to unify are members throughout the net.
Freek

Yeah, sure Why not.
I'm doing something with my life, I'm just not sure what that is yet.

Freekarrtt

My DA page (though I hardly ever update it)
Clest

I am tottally up for this ;)
lalahsghost

Message ~MechaTalk and I'll get to adding all of your mecha related images to favs and adding you to journal member icon list or whatever I'm supposed to do.

What should I do other than those two thingies? (Adding our images to favs, and avatars to top page journal entry)

*EDIT* If you have over 20 deviations you wish to be added to the Group Fav list, PM me here on Mechatalk, and I'll give you the info so you can do it yourself.... I just added all of mine, and it took way too long.

*EDIT**EDIT* Oh, and add ~MechaTalk as your friend too, that way your name will be on that little list thing also!
Last edited by lalahsghost on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freek

lol, well with that in mind I bet your glad I cleared out a bunch of my old work :P

Freekarrtt

VR7

I really doubt I can come up with a reason why not. :P
-noel
N-Bomb

Blah blah blah you know how to find me and my stuffs.
swordoath

Hey LG, I left a comment on the MechaTalk DA account about how to add people's avatars to posts.

Also, sign me up. :D
jam!

Lalahsghost --> Take note that the avatars won't appear unless you (or someone else) purchases a deviantart subscription for the ~mechatalk account. A subscription is usually worth it.

Suggestion: Since it's mostly frankening contests being held here on the forums, how about hosting drawing contests on the deviantart account? There are tons of mecha artists on deviantart who are sure to be attracted to contests especially since artists on deviantart usually seem to like the prospect of being in contests.
swordoath

jam! wrote:Lalahsghost --> Take note that the avatars won't appear unless you (or someone else) purchases a deviantart subscription for the ~mechatalk account. A subscription is usually worth it.
Uh ... what? I can see the avatars just fine by using the :icon code on DA. :?
Wingnut

Yeah. You don't need to be subscribed to see or use that feature.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
lalahsghost

~clest
=N-Bomb
~Octaver

Add ~MechaTalk as your friend, in order for your name to show up on the friends/watchers list on the MechaTalk user page! Thanks.
J.E.

i hope mechatalk DA won't end up like those DA groups that just die out.
lalahsghost

J.E. wrote:i hope mechatalk DA won't end up like those DA groups that just die out.
Once I am exhausted of doing fav's, additions, etc, I'll eventually make it more of an open acct, so trustworthy users can go and add/edit/submit things theirselves. If anything, it'll raise viewcounts? :shrug:
Wingnut

J.E. wrote:i hope mechatalk DA won't end up like those DA groups that just die out.
Many DA groups die out from a lack of member participation IIRC. If things start off well, I'm sure we can keep things interesting for quite some time.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Freek

jam! wrote: Suggestion: Since it's mostly frankening contests being held here on the forums, how about hosting drawing contests on the deviantart account? There are tons of mecha artists on deviantart who are sure to be attracted to contests especially since artists on deviantart usually seem to like the prospect of being in contests.
It's TRUE we do like silly contests

Freekarrtt