Mecha drawings & lineart <New FRAME: Burst>

The place to share your artwork.
Testament

Mecha drawings & lineart <New FRAME: Burst>

Welcome to my mecha art thread! I will be posting my drawings and non-franken material here as regurlarly as possible, as well as editing the name of the thread with the latest addition.Even though this thread is mainly for mecha, I may post some character drawings as well. Enjoy!

Since my old thread is now deep into the subforum, I thought I would take up this time to create a new, more organized one. Also, I'm going to try something new: instead of posting many mechs, I'm going to try to focus on a few machines at a time, and develop their designs as they are pictured little by little. I will sometimes add new machines, or update old ones, but the main point will be to make complete designs that have all details covered.

Also, and unfortunately, I'm not going to take requests. I may do some fanart randomly out of boredom or to go through an artist's block, but it may be very well scarce. Sorry to the two people that were waiting their drawings.

And now, the mechs:

Strata
(F.R.A.M.E.)

Description
Classified as an aerial-type FRAME, Strata is a well-balanced machine sporting both great mobility and firepower. It has a very varied armament which allows it to perform attacks from virtually all ranges except siege or artillery, and gives it a whole array of options to approach and destroy individual or entire squads of FRAMES while keeping the advantage.
Strata especially excels at aerial combat, and as a result it posseses thrusters throughout its body to give it an inmense degree of maneuverability. The thrusters on its hips are particularly powerful, as they draw power directly from the Core.
Since all of the armament this FRAME carries makes it very bulky, almost every piece can be jettisoned when damaged or depleted, lightening the weight and increasing speed. Even though this unit is very maneuverable, its top speed is slightly low for its class.

Armament
-Railgun-class rifle
-Homing rockets (1 loaded in rifle, 3 in ammo rack)
-Grapling anchor
-Plasma cannon
-Dart missiles (3 loaded inside shield)
-Shift blades

Images
Early Design
Final Version
FRAME Evolution
Refined Version

Burst
(F.R.A.M.E.)

Description
Burst is a long distance, artillery type combat FRAME. It is characterized by its extensive arsenal & weaponry, being able to lay destruction with one single salvo. Not only that; since its weapons are varied, it can also perform well at medium & even close range. However, its payload makes this unit considerably slow, and it has problems out maneuvering other FRAMEs in hand to hand combat; it also can overheat due to excessive weapon firing, so its power must be spent up wisely.
Nonetheless, the incredible amount of raw firepower this machine can inflict, coupled with an amazing ammunition-unloading speed rate and complemented by its deadly accuracy, makes sure that nobody but the fastest FRAMEs can even approach it.
As an artillery-based supporter, this machine comes with complementary equipment needed to fulfill its role. On the ankles, there are clamps which keep the FRAME in its position safe from recoil, while an extensional sub-arm located on the rear skirt armor provides support for the whole chassis to hold the high-caliber weapons properly. The head is equipped with a wide array of sensors, and a deployable visor that can boost its vision range by hundreds of meters.

Armament
-Homing missiles (rack of 6 loaded in shoulders)
or
-Rockets (Optional - rack of 6 loaded in shoulders)
-Mortar missiles (rack of 4 loaded in shoulders)
-Ballistic cannons (deployed from the back)
-Handheld 86mm spreader cannon
-High-caliber railgun sniper rifle (attached to the cannon)
-Handheld chaingun (Optional)

Images
Concept Version

Last edited by Testament on Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mecha gallery | DA gallery
Original mecha designs and lineart.
WhiteWingDemon

heh, I watch you on DA. Nice work by the way. Iy just has a great streamline/agile feel to it.
Ultimetemark4

These are really good, which is why I'm taking drawing lessons over the summer!
Once we mass produce the Sazabi.....
Ryujin

The refined version shows a really big improvement over your previous work. My only criticism would be the perspective on the right shoulder armour. IMHO it needs to be 'pushed back' a little.
Testament

Thanks for the comments-- it's been a long time since I last posted, so here's a new unit.
Details might change, but the main gimmicks & arsenal are laid out already. It is worth to note that it might seem overpowered, but that's the intention. In fact, this unit is meant to be a walking turret capable of grounding an entire base in a matter of minutes :P

That is, of course, provided there aren't any fast melee fighters stationed.
Mecha gallery | DA gallery
Original mecha designs and lineart.