Yes, it's awesome~!
97%
No, it's horrible~!
3%

Total votes: 30
Turinu

"Franken MS" Generator

Awhile back a friend suggested this to me. He said:

"Why don't you just make a bunch of individual franken parts of varying colors, and put them in a flash program where people can put these parts together and generate their own frankens?"

Simply put, the idea was to make a Franken Gundam Generator "Flash Game" so to speak, based on an Armored Core Concept. Have hundreds of individual parts that allow you to create a variety of different mobile suits, and when your end product is finished you have the option to save the image to your computer (Or Print Screen it, >>).

While I don't have the time now, starting in July I'm going to start designing individual parts for this very project.

I'm posting this here as I'm wondering, does anyone else want to contribute? We could use a variety of good frankeners to design, recolor, outline, etc, all kinds of parts that we can toss into a generator. Then after that all we need is a patient and good Flash user to put it all into a fun gundam generating flash game!

It would be MAHQ/Mechatalk's First Mobile Suit Franken Generator, and considering how frankening is slowly becoming a popular thing, having a generator for the people just starting would be a fun idea in order to help aid them towards frankening in the future.

Leave your input here for now and if you want to participate, just say so. Choose Yes or No to whether or not you like the idea, and try saying why or why not you like or dislike it. However, I don't plan on trying to start this project until late June or early July so I can come up with templates on how each part should look like. This way I can show people how to design the parts so they are able to fit together properly in the generator.
WhiteWingDemon

I happen to like the idea. it would be tricky though, considering the various heights of different mobile suits but with nough effort I believe it can be pulled off. I am willing to contribute on the flash end, I know a large amount of Action Scipt that might be useful for this project.
Huhtis

Really great idea, but there is already one but with not so many parts and it has only few MS :P

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/136682
- It's like I'm wearing nothing at all, nothing at all...
- STUPID SEXY DOMON!
Turinu

That's kind of how I want to do it, however it only seems to cover things like additional weapons and decals. The one I want to do would allow you to change limbs and various other parts of the body for a more unique design.

I must admit though, the person who made this did a really good job. It just seems a bit bland though, D:.
Ultimetemark4

This sounds like a uber idea, I cast my vote in favor of such a generous proposition!
Once we mass produce the Sazabi.....
SolidSpidr

oddly, I had this idea last night at about 3:00 am (or in the morning for some). I have a question though, many mobile suits have parts that are hidden but when you cut them out and put them on other units the once hidden part is now visible, creating a hole in the franken. So are you willing to patch these? I give an example, a M. Simmons Accuy.

Accuy cutout

note the chest has a major hole in it from the head, not the easy to fix, so I ask are you up to the challenge to repair parts that are 'damaged'?
“The school of the undefeated East!”
“The winds of the king!”
“Zenshin!”
“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!
lalahsghost

Sounds like a group effort. Once these things are fixed, would it be a smart move to vectorize them in Illustrator, then stick them into flash CS3 in order to keep everything from getting so pixely?
Turinu

SolidSpidr wrote:note the chest has a major hole in it from the head, not the easy to fix, so I ask are you up to the challenge to repair parts that are 'damaged'?
That I am, otherwise it wouldn't really work well as a franken generator now would it? XD
Almighty One wrote:Sounds like a group effort. Once these things are fixed, would it be a smart move to vectorize them in Illustrator, then stick them into flash CS3 in order to keep everything from getting so pixely?
While I can franken, I know not of vectorizing via Illustrator or utilizing flash. I can make em, but I can't do the rest D:
Ryujin

I too second the use of vectoring. It would make possible a scaling feature, where you can shrink or enlarge individual parts, that doesn't suffer from pixelation.

I know zip about Flash, but I assume that it's possible to assign 'layers' to each part, so that, for example, a weapon held in the right arm would partially obscure the arm automatically, but in turn would be partially obscured by the torso.

Also, a plug-in feature for additional parts sets & upgrades.

I remember this same idea being bandied around the old GP forums...opinions on its feasibility have sure changed a lot given the strides in hardware & software over the years.
Zeonic Glory

This site has a fun little Zaku customization generator:
http://www.kiss-wkp.com/archives/lib/elme_03.html
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.