Solar War 2665: Some Frankies

The place to share your artwork.
Jak Stoller

Solar War 2665: Some Frankies

I do my own Frankens for the Mekton campaigns i run, and for the Solar War 2665 campaign I've been throwing together some grunts.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/ ... ra-Een.gif
The Fra-Een represents a base unit, simple design (retooled Leo with some parts from the RX-79G and the Jegan) designed with a command armor package mod in mind.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/ ... on-Een.gif
The Con-Een was intended as a heavy groundpounder suit (with a retooling from the Ez8 and the Alex) and in the game mechanics definitly fills the role of a brute.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/ ... ay-Een.gif
The Vay-Een was sorta the uber-ace pilot suit, i sorta crammed it with guns (with parts stollen from... a couple suits, lol, i don't remember all of them, but its mostly 0083 and 8th ms team i think).

The Vay-Een could use a little touching up on its chest beamspraygun, and a little around the manuever thrusters, and im still not sure if i like the way the hip binders turned out. I've also thought about making it a more.. spacey color, but I'm kinda a fan of the more military paintschemes.

Let me know what you think, these are just the Unified Nations Alliance suits, most of the ICF units are pretty much Zaku and RickDias mods for now, the next project is for the ubiquitous uber-mensche-maschines... cause I refuse to call my mektons Gundams...

--Jak
assault gundam

i really like your designs . The con-en would have to be my favorite. That last one could use some touching up bbut other than that, your designs are good
"The person who said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"
EZero8

These are very interesting designs. I like the Con-En, since it looks cool. It gives off a heavy-assault-type vibe.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Ryujin

The thick chest armour on the con-en is very appropriate, imho.
Josh

I think overall they're pretty good, but I'm not too sure about the Leo heads, with all that stuff added on they kind of look small to me.
deathpony

I think the biggest design boo-boo are the feet. Pull those things up inside the legs a bit higher and it will make a huge difference

This is a VERY quick fix, I didn't clean anything up and it's not perfect by any means , but I think you'll see what I mean:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/ ... ootfix.png
Jak Stoller

I think that looks hanus honestly. It also reduces the center of gravity, throwing out the mobility of the unit. The feet are set the way they are to produce a shifting of the designs visual balance to be more lower oriented.

--Jak
deathpony

Jak Stoller wrote:I think that looks hanus honestly. It also reduces the center of gravity, throwing out the mobility of the unit. The feet are set the way they are to produce a shifting of the designs balance to be more lower oriented.

--Jak
I know it looks *heinous* but I already said it was a quick shop. :roll: The way you have it, it looks like it rolled up it's pants to go clam-digging.

Being taller fraks up the center of gravity. being shorter makes it more stable. This is why racecars are so low and why jeeps make crappy racecars. This is why sumo wrestlers hunch over when they fight. This is why tanks will never be replaced by mobile suits. :)