ShadowCell Draws Stuff and Puts it On the Internets

The place to share your artwork.
ShadowCell

Re: ShadowCell Draws Stuff and Puts it On the Internets

...man, five months of getting ignored and all I get is a weird reference to The Scream?

Screw that! I'm gonna start my own mecha site! With hookers, and blackjack!

=P
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

You know what? Forget the site and the blackjack!

Bah, screw the whole thing.... :roll:
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
ShadowCell

Phantom Island

from my fanfic.
ydawg314

Cool
Is that like a hover craft?
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
ShadowCell

something like that. except really freakin' big.
Dean_the_Young

Damn straight that thing is big. I was like "hey, that thing's got it's own flight hanger! It's like a land carrier, with a port for Hovercraft on the side!" and then I looked closer, saw the Destroy, and was like "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn."
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
ShadowCell

I think I messed up the scaling on the Destroy, actually. I was eyeballing pretty much everything, and those smaller ships at the bottom right don't have official dimensions anyway so I was pretty much guessing.

le sigh.
ShadowCell

m'kay so this is the start of a little project of mine, been working on it for about a month. A few years ago I conceived of a stupendous alternate history Gundam story, sort of borking around with world history starting with the American Civil War. Then I realized it was stupid and that it was basically an excuse to have people killing Nazis, Communists, fascists, and slavedrivers all in the same story, so I sort of abandoned it. Recently I decided to draw all the MS I had thought up for it anyway, because it seemed like fun. Questions, like "why are giant robots wearing camouflage colors?" or "why is the South rising again?" or "I wonder how Joel eats and breathes, and other science facts?", will be answered primarily with "because I thought it would look cool" or "I forget" or "it's just a thread, you should really just relax."

So!

ASNZMS-02 Ranger
Australia Defence Force colors
Australia Defence Force desert combat colors
New Zealand Defence Force colors
(inspiration from the Super Aestivalis from Nadesico - Prince of Darkness, pretty much)
The Union of Australia and New Zealand, an amalgamation of the aforementioned countries for mutual defense against the super scary Empire of Japan looming to the north, mostly relies on swanky arms deals with the British Empire and the United States to outfit its military, but a hometown product never hurts morale. Unlike most ground combat MS, it carries its super duper go-fast engines on its back. Plans exist for a naval combat version, but have yet to be realized, since the Union's British-built Marine IV units are doing well enough and building giant robots costs money, y'know (and because I don't wanna draw anymore).

CGMS-15SP Husky
Canadian Forces colors
Canadian Forces arctic combat colors
(inspiration from the Jegan and GM Sniper II, sort of, maybe)
Ohhhhhhh Caaaaanadaaaaaa...our home and native laaaaaand...
The Winter Olympics closing ceremony this year might have led you to believe otherwise, but Canada actually has a fairly badass military history! The Husky is derived from the US-built Ground Cherokee (yet to be posted), except where the Ground Cherokee is a standard mobile suit, this one is all tuned up to eleven, armed with a powerful sniper rifle and a large Gatling gun for things that get past the rifle.

CSA/MS-05G Lone Star
Confederate States Army colors
President's Guard colors
(inspiration from the Jegan and a little Union Flag, for irony points)
Born from an alternate Civil War that ended in a long, painful guerrilla campaign which sent droves of people fleeing the old South, we have the exiled Confederate States of America spanning the Caribbean islands, locked in a perpetual cold-that-sometimes-turns-hot war with the United States. The South will rise again, though, and when they do they'll have giant robots--like this one, the standard ground combat mobile suit of the Confederate Army. I'm not really sure why I threw the Confederates in, to be honest.

CSA/MS-05S Ironclad
When Billy Yank throws you into the Caribbean islands, you find yourself surrounded by lots of water and suddenly having a really awesome navy becomes kind of important. Hence, this naval combat variant of the Lone Star, the trusty Ironclad. It fights on the water's surface with the same speed and maneuverability that the Lone Star and units like it can fight on land. The Ironclad's speed allows it to get close to warships where other vehicles could not and deliver all kinds of hurt up close.

CSA/TMS-01LW Columbia
mobile suit mode
mobile suit mode, Lightwing Drive active
flight mode
flight mode, Lightwing Drive active
(inspired by the Altairlion from SRW and the Union Realdo and Union Flag, and maybe a bit of the Savior Gundam)
The Confederates' super duper awesome Lightwing mobile suit, a transformable thing that does most of its fighting in flight mode, where it has access to two powerful beam cannons strong enough to take down a warship with a single volley. In mobile suit mode it can handle itself adequately, but its mobile suit mode is really designed to test the Lightwing Drive in a mobile suit and not really for combat. And partly it's just to show up the Yankees up north, who have their own transforming mobile suit.

CVMS-LW01 North Star
normal mode
Lightwing Drive active
(pretty obviously inspired by the Weissritter from SRW)
Canada's super awesome mobile suit originally built for propaganda and national feel-good purposes, hence the flashy colors. The Lightwing Drive was basically my excuse to have super duper powerful mobile suits to kick the crap out of everyone else. I don't remember if I even thought about how it might work, and I still have no idea how it might work, so, well, whatever. I'm not sure why Canada appears to have a fetish for giant Gatling guns in my world.

much more to come. seriously much more to come. like, oh god why am i doing this much more to come.