ShadowCell Draws Stuff and Puts it On the Internets

The place to share your artwork.
ShadowCell

Bremics wrote:None of these are working...
They should now. I went through my Photobucket account and organized it a couple weeks ago, so that obviously broke all the links.

Good to know that they were serious when they said moving the files would break all my links.
unsc117

Uh... would you mind taking the time to fix the rest of the links too? Cause none of those work either...
ShadowCell

Links are fixed.

Urghle.
ShadowCell

...and the sixth seal was broken, and there came an update in ShadowCell's art thread, and the people did quake in fear.

Drew these for razgriz, because I felt like it and I wanted to make sure I remembered how to, like, use Photoshop and stuff.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/S ... Gundam.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/S ... Gundam.jpg

Whee.
ShadowCell

So I should probably post something so that this thread doesn't get killed in the next purge.

GAT-X117 Diablo Gundam - Traced a Dagger L, added some extra crap to it, voila.

Recolors!

Izumo-class battleship Amaterasu - Personal battleship of the Seiran family, one of Jona's favorite hangouts.

Minerva-class battleship LHM-BB02 Fortuna - Flagship of the ZAFT fleet in CE 77, under the command of Kira Yamato, protected by his trio of angsty Impulse Gundam pilots who have dramatic little hissy-fits and give him headaches. Serves you right!

MVF-M11C Murasame (Cagalli Yula Athha Colors) - Mostly done on a whim. Cagalli got shafted when it came to custom MS colors.

ZGMF-2000 GOUF Ignited (Lunamaria Hawke / ZAFT Red Colors) - Started out as a whim, turned into the colors of a ZAFT Red and, in particular, one certain as-of-yet unmentioned ZAFT pilot.

ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam (Anavel Gato Colors) - "SOLOMON! I HAVE RETUR-- *raped by Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice* WHAT THE--?!"

ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam (Char Aznable Colors) - "So, Rey, it's three times as fast now?" "Yeah, Shinn, but if your interest in your little sister and Stella didn't seem like pedophilia before, it's gonna get way worse now." "Damn."

ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam (Johnny Ridden Colors) - "Once we mass produce the Destiny Gundam, we'll wipe out the Feddies in an instant!" Dozul laughed...

ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam (Titans Colors) - Well, whaddya know, Titans colors do help it out.

ZGMF-X43S Twilight Gundam - Built out of spare parts for the Destiny. I'm caught between this Gaia/Trombe color scheme and the Titans colors, as a tip of the cap to everyone's favorite black-coated Fascist police force.

ZGMF-XX09T DOM Trooper (Varder Ehrmacht Colors) - What started as a custom-colored mobile suit for a flamboyant (to put it nicely) ace pilot ended up being, like, Char's custom DOM Trooper. Feh.

Character designs! Because I can. I think.

Jona Roma Seiran - Yes, he stole Urube's uniform. It's not like Urube was wearing it anyway.

Lord Djibril - I was really, really trying to make Lord Djibril look less, you know, gay. I hope I was successful.
Haros_Pet_Kat

Since I've been around the world of pixel art for the past few days, I've been bright slapped with lessons about saturation and having to reduce it, as well as hue shifts and such. I think some of the Destiny variations and Unity and Trinity could use some of that, so the colors are easier on the eyes and more dynamic and stuff, heh.

I'm not a fan of SEED mecha, but keep up drawing your own lineart anyway.
Lord Djibril - I was really, really trying to make Lord Djibril look less, you know, gay. I hope I was successful.
Now he looks like Mayor Adam West, heh. This is not a coincidence (I hope).
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
Antares

Minerva-class battleship LHM-BB02 Fortuna - Flagship of the ZAFT fleet in CE 77, under the command of Kira Yamato, protected by his trio of angsty Impulse Gundam pilots who have dramatic little hissy-fits and give him headaches. Serves you right!
Loving it, and loving the background story even more. But Kira can't be a captain since he needs more awesome-time with his Gundam.
MVF-M11C Murasame (Cagalli Yula Athha Colors) - Mostly done on a whim. Cagalli got shafted when it came to custom MS colors.
Big time. It hurts my eyes. Almost as bad as Meer's Lacus Clyne Live -ZAKU, but only almost.

Djibril does look less gay and the Twilight Gundam seems to take the Destiny-Gaia morph rather well. And also Titans colors fix almost anything. :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
ShadowCell

Haros_Pet_Kat wrote:Now he looks like Mayor Adam West, heh. This is not a coincidence (I hope).
Actually, seeing as how I don't watch Family Guy, yeah, I think it is.
Antares wrote:Loving it, and loving the background story even more. But Kira can't be a captain since he needs more awesome-time with his Gundam.
Kira is the captain of the Fortuna in the same sense that Rau was the captain of the Vesalius--there's an actual captain on the ship already, but he's pretty much overshadowed by Kira.
ShadowCell

Because I do stuff other than yell at people in the Gundam 00 anime thread from time to time.

GAT-X124 Crusader Gundam

The Earth Alliance's answer to the wildly successful Destiny and Twilight Gundams, the Crusader Gundam mounts the Alliance's most cutting-edge technology, as well as a beam wing system reverse-engineered from hours upon hours' worth of combat data from the Destiny and Mirage Colloid samples. Although the Alliance was unable to figure out an analogue for the Destiny's X-DRAGOON system, they put into the Crusader's cockpit Phantom Pain ace pilot Sven Cal Bayan, ensuring that the Crusader is still scary as all hell. Three years in the making, the lead designer of this Gundam is a little, um, obsessive about seeing it finally take down the Destiny. On the other hand, Sven, it's probably as close as you'll ever get to a girl who is not Mudie.

GAT-X137 Vanguard Gundam

Unlike the Crusader, the Vanguard and its sister unit, the Artemis Gundam, were built simply to provide Shams Coza and Mudie Holcroft with some kickass new units. When you've got the resources of the entire Earth Sphere and a blank check with unheard-of magnitude in your hands, you can do stuff like that. The Vanguard is a development of the Alliance's older Judicator Gundam, based primarily on the combat data the Alliance was forced to rely on after the Orb Raiders had, y'know, stolen it. After pawing through the wreckage at Daedalus Crater, they decided to remove some of the Judicator's weapons and turn into a sniper-oriented suit. And so its main weapon is that huge sniper rifle it's got in its hand. Ripoff of the Dynames, you say? "Ripoff" is such a loaded term. I prefer "inspired by." Also, the Vanguard can technically be fitted with two railguns attached to the undersides of its forearms, but they're meant to be optional parts, so I only drew one.

GAT-X210 Artemis Gundam

Like the Vanguard Gundam, the Artemis was built so that Mudie Holcroft could have a sweet new ride. Lord Djibril is into deficit spending. In the twisted and terrible world of ShadowCell Cosmic Era Fanfiction, the Windam is a far more successful design than it was in the DESTINY TV series, and so of these three Gundams, the Artemis has the most Windam derivative parts. Combining the Blu Duel's assload of anti-armor penetrators with the Windam's relatively light weight, the Artemis's purpose is close combat, and it's designed to be light and nimble to achieve just that. It's main weapon is a pair of "Shamshir" beam blades that I like totally failed at drawing, which can be extended to anti-ship sword length but don't burden the Artemis with a huge heavy sword blade to haul around. Should the Shamshir blades not be awesome enough or whatever, it also has a couple of beam sabers. And it's got Bluetooth.
Nightwing03

Wow! The Crusader Gundam looks the best out of all 3! At first glance i thought the base unit was from Strike Noir. The Vanguad Gundam and Judicator Gundam's head looks abit strange...other than those things i do like these designs.
♣♦♠♥
ShadowCell

The colors are from the Strike Noir. I didn't feel like coming up with new color schemes, and Sven, Shams, and Mudie don't strike me as the kind of characters who are big on custom color schemes anyway.
ShadowCell

*leaps up on a stone wall a la Domon Kasshu, big red cloak fluttering dramatically in the wind*

RISE, NEGLECTED FANART THREAD!

*snaps fingers*

Finals are upon us, and as far as I go, I have now reached the point where studying for them is a futile gesture--either I know it or I don't (probably the latter). And the holidays are upon us as well, so that means lots of condescending questions from relatives I didn't know I had as to why I don't have a girlfriend (incidentally, I'm about to demonstrate why). So that means it's time to dump a bunch of character art in my art thread so it doesn't get purged for inactivity! Drawn and colored over the course of several months, it's stuff from my "new" fanfic, "TWILIGHT."

Abbey Windsor, the Minerva's new XO, modeling for us an example of the Minerva crew's fetching new uniform--although most prefer to wear a snazzy red beret.

Aoma Vedlow, circa CE 77. Not gonna explain what she's up to, but hey, she's still in one piece, so that's gotta count for something.

Ash Gray, modeling the Phantom Pain's version of the redesigned Earth Alliance uniform. I dunno what color his mask and hair are, since all I had was black and white manga pages. And I had to screw around with DESTINY ASTRAY to let him live, but all I'll reveal is that when he steps out behind the wheel of a Destroy, it'll be worth it.

Athrun Zala, circa CE 77. He's less Ingram this time.

Athrun with dorky sunglasses! He is definitely not a Char.

Auel Neider, circa CE 77. After some experimentation, I just decided to stick with the civvies he was wearing during the Armory 1 raid in the TV series. It actually needlessly bares less of his chest than his uniform.

Chiao Xu, leader of the Resistance. Think Gandhi, Che, Lenin, Simon Bolivar, and George Washington, all rolled into one, and Asian.

Edward Harrelson, circa CE 77. He's not gonna show up for a long time, but he'll definitely show up. Why? Because he is awesome.

Emily von Oldendorf, the newest in a long line of protagonists. Her life sucks.

Grey Saiba, Phantom Pain pilot aboard the Charlemagne. They'll be back in the story soon, I promise. I redesigned the Alliance uniform based off of Kenaf's uniform, and then started screwing with the colors, until we got this.

Colonel Harris Meyers. He's a dick.

Captain Ivan Danilov, captain of the Charlemagne. A nice-guy kinda captain, so who knows how he got into the Phantom Pain.

Lieutenant Commander James Liberman--a character not slated to show up for a very long time, but I figured, what the hell. Yes, he is my tribute to everyone's favorite Titan, the one and only Jamaican Daninghan. And I named him after Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman, so expect him to have a remarkably painful and gruesome death.

Jane Houston, circa CE 77. Like Ed, she won't show up for a while, but she's awesome enough to make it in too.

Admiral Joseph Krane. Doesn't show up for a while. Instead he's just here to show off the Earth Alliance Navy's uniform.

Lieutenant Colonel Kenta Shoyou, modeling the Earth Alliance Air Force uniform for us all. As Thundermuffin put it, "he's a butthead."

Vice Admiral Kevin Mathis. He doesn't show up for a while. For want of character design, I just gave Delaz the new uniform and told him to act normal. Given that he's been out of work since Stardust, he was more than happy to.

Kira Yamato, circa CE 77. Recolored a little.

Kyali Sekar, our latest tragedy-ridden Extended. She's happy! Why is she happy? I've certainly given her nothing to be happy about.

Lord Djibril, circa CE 77. Repost to reflect new URL. I was going for less "rejected 'sinister industrialist' in the Village People" and more "intimidating leader of the world."

Phantom Pain pilot Merau Seraux, aboard the Charlemagne. Remember her? Me neither.

Meyrin Hawke, circa CE 77. The Minerva's reluctant new captain. Plenty of on-the-job training, but she still hasn't gotten that "confidence" thing down yet.

Captain Morgan Chevalier, aka "I Have More Awesomeness in One Hari Follicle in my Beard Than You Have in Your Entire Body." He won't show up for a while, but in the interim, the Moonlight Mad Dog has been kind enough to model for us the Earth Alliance's fetching new Space Force uniform.

Mudie Holcroft, circa CE 77. Proving that Sumeragi's not the only one who owns shirts that seem entirely pointless.

Rau Le Creuset, circa CE 77. Nothing says evil like a big black trench coat.

Roxy Bannon, the Minerva's new communications officer, filling Meyrin's old post on the bridge. Despite her many many many vices, she gets the job done, while driving half the crew nuts.

Shams Coza, circa CE 77. His request for the callsign "Superfly" was rejected, as was his backup, "Superpimp." He is currently petitioning for "Superfly Pimp," but the outlook is grim.

Major Shawn Bernard of the Earth Alliance Army. Ask Emily what she thinks of him.

Shinn Asuka, circa CE 77. A Cosmic Era Che Guevara, held by millions across the Earth Sphere as the face of the Resistance. Then you meet him and it turns out he's kind of a dork. Funny how that works.

Shinn Asuka again! I stole this outfit of his from a picture I found of him hanging out with Stella.

Stella Loussier, circa CE 77. This is an older character design that seems to work a bit better for an older Stella. She can still kill you with a mechanical pencil.

Sting Oakley, circa CE 77. Sting's civvies from the TV show were totally fine, except for the tube top he stole from Stella. What the hell, Sting.

Sting Oakley with dorky sunglasses! Take that, Athrun.

Sven Cal Bayan, circa CE 77, with those snazzy Phantom Pain threads.

Valentine Sunogachi, circa CE 77. Evil, crazy, evil-crazy, take your pick. Either way she'll kill you and ground your brains up to make an aphrodisiac with which to seduce Kira.

Viveka von Oldendorf, Emily's older sister. Not cool enough to inherit Andy's gun-arm.
J-Lead

Somehow, I getting the feeling that this character might be a subtle inside joke to all those lovable Hentaikey mascot fans out there, but maybe I'm just overthinking this. In fact, I hope I'm just overthinking this...
Last edited by J-Lead on Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
ShadowCell

I've seen that character a few times before on my Interweb travels, so when I tried to think up a character design for a vice-ridden replacement for Meyrin, she popped into my head.

Which kinda works out perfectly, given how she acts.
ShadowCell

Feh. Gundams.

ZGMF-X43S Twilight Gundam

Altered the colors a little. Mrr.

GAT-X207SR Nero Blitz

A combination of lack of information that I can read/comprehend about the Nero Blitz and a sort of dislike of the Nero Blitz's canonical design made me design this. Armaments sort of based off the Wildwurger, and no I haven't played any Super Robot Wars games.
Last edited by ShadowCell on Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draco Starcloud

I like your Nero Blitz better. That giant claw thing on its back looks silly.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
ShadowCell

Apparently I decided to dislike the Rosso Aegis too. The lesson here, I guess, is that ShadowCell's affection is as fickle as Harry Reid.

Only a slight redesign, mostly to the backpack, and the addition of a shield. I'm not sure if the canon Rosso Aegis design fits the idea of "the EA version of the Savior," but that's the concept I went with this design.

GAT-X303AA Rosso Aegis (Mobile Suit Mode)
Cruise Mode
Mobile Armor Mode

I only shaded the mobile suit mode, because the alternate modes, especially the mobile armor mode, were a bitch to draw. I think I see why they relied on so much stock footage in SEED.
Folken Fanel

You've gotten really good at this whole drawing thing, Shadow. I like all of your recent designs, but the new Rosso Aegis is my favorite.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Nightwing03

Just curious, which tool do you use in the program you draw your frankens in? Because the lines sorta look a tad wobbly. But i actually like your Nero Blitz alot =D.
♣♦♠♥
ShadowCell

These aren't frankens. They're hand-drawn, colored in Photoshop.