ShadowCell Draws Stuff and Puts it On the Internets

The place to share your artwork.
ShadowCell

Re: ShadowCell Draws Stuff and Puts it On the Internets

Because apparently I can't be satisfied with any Gundam I design for Ali al-Saachez.

GNW-9999 Dajjal Gundam
Armed with a crapton of weapons, including an adjustable beam rifle, GN Fangs, missiles, two combinable giant swords, two beam swords that incorporate solid blades, and a couple of huge claws on the backpack, it also carries the Trans-Am System and a grand total of four GN Tau Drives. Plus it has a Blu-Ray player. Y'know, in case Ali gets bored or something.

Inspiration and ideas drawn from Code Geass' Shinkirou and Lancelot Albion, Gundam SEED's Aegis Gundam, and Gundam 00's Arche Gundam and AEU Enact Ali al-Saachez Custom. Name is Arabic for "false prophet."
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I like that hand weapon on the Dominion Epsilon. But is that the same one as on the Seravee? I haven't watched S2, so I wouldn't know. You should be careful about perspective in your future drawings. Take that left leg for instance. I think your lineart will improve much more if you can focus on which lines should run parallel. If you can get that all straight, then the geometry of your design will come out better. =)

The Dajjal is certainly interesting. Your designs have been getting bulkier as of late. Following Fukuda's design philosophy? =p Have you been practicing drawing heads? I've been wondering what your approach for some AC designs would be, ShadowCell. Do you even like the mechanical design from there, or is it just outside your range of interest?
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
ShadowCell

The Dominion Epsilon's gun isn't the same as the one on the Seravee, though it's more or less the same idea (that being "BFG that connects to the drive for blast of truly epic proportions").

As for AC, I do have a couple ideas floating around, like an updated Epyon and Wing Gundam Seraphim, but so far I've just not had much inspiration from AC. It's been a while since I last watched Wing and Endless Waltz, anyway.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Blah, that Wing Gundam Seraphim is just the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. It's an atrocity! They mass produced the Wing Zero for christ's sake. -_-; Feathered wing are fine if it's just a single MS designed personally by a few engineers, but on a mass-produced unit in a professional military....? And it wings are moved to its hips "so that it can fly through the atmosphere". Wing Zero could already fly through the atmosphere! >,<; Sorry, I just get all uppity when any sort of mention of Tiel's Impulse comes up. I'm all for it if you want to try a Seraphim, but please just make the description less stupid.

Maybe you could look around for some model kits or kitbashes for inspiration. Some recolors are the most some people seem to manage though.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
ShadowCell

I was considering something along the lines of Seraphim-izing the Okawara Wing Zero, since I generally like Okawara's Gundam designs better than Katoki's when it comes to Wing. A few years ago I wrote a fanfic called "The Eternal Mistake," which was more or less about Zechs sent to a bunch of colonies around Jupiter, where he discovers the neglected colonists gearing up for war with Earth. At the same time, it turned into a giant crossover between various Gundam shows, with a whole slew of characters forming an army to fight the Jovian colonists.

I'm considering revisiting it, with much more focus and far less crossover, and naturally one of the first things to attack me was mecha designs. So I've got things like an SRA-ized The O floating around, and after scraping around for some information on Tiel's Impulse, I'm contemplating taking advantage of the open ending.
ShadowCell

Some remakes of earlier designs somewhere in this thread.

GAT-X124 Crusader Gundam
(old)
(new)
Removed some weapons, since it occurred to me that I'd actually be using this design for a fanfic and did not consider it likely that I'd even remember all those weapons, let alone use them. And I made it suck less, I hope.

GAT-X137 Vanguard Gundam
(old)
(new) (MS mode)
(new) (quadruped mode)
Inspired by a kitbash of the Calamity Gundam called the "Beast Calamity," it's pretty much a souped-up Calamity that transforms into a doggy and carries a sniper variant of the standard Windam beam rifle.

GAT-X210 Artemis Gundam
(old)
(new)
Removed some weapons and gave it a crapload of thrusters instead, turning it from a close-combat machine to an experiment in high mobility and speed.
Last edited by ShadowCell on Sat May 02, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ydawg314

wow your designs look really cool. I especially like the Vanguard Gundam but I dont understand how it would transform like that.
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
ydawg314

so is that a real mobilesuit?
Battle my brute
ShadowCell

No, it's a fan-made model, based off of the HG 1/144 Calamity Gundam model kit.
ShadowCell

ZGMF-X602V VaROZ
Replacing the Hellfire Gundam, which is somewhere in this thread. Built out of parts for decommissioned ZAFT mobile suit models, the VaROZ puts those parts to use in a prototype high-performance unit that outperforms even the DOM Trooper with improved maneuverability and a more formidable weapons loadout.
ydawg314

It looks cool. A variation of this would be awesome for a boss for my new game. My only complaint is that the torso seems to be to small/thin for the lower body.
Battle my brute
Wingnut

ShadowCell wrote:ZGMF-X602V VaROZ
Replacing the Hellfire Gundam, which is somewhere in this thread. Built out of parts for decommissioned ZAFT mobile suit models, the VaROZ puts those parts to use in a prototype high-performance unit that outperforms even the DOM Trooper with improved maneuverability and a more formidable weapons loadout.
Now that's nasty looking. And by nasty I mean something that's going to mess you up in a hurry. It's amazing what they can do with a load of spare parts in that era.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Wingnut wrote:Now that's nasty looking. And by nasty I mean something that's going to mess you up in a hurry. It's amazing what they can do with a load of spare parts in that era.
what could Tony Stark do with that stuff in a cave?

Looks very dangerous there Shadowcell though the feet seem like they are to far forward for it to stand upright under gravity.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
ShadowCell

TMF/X-5GH CaVAL
Fanfic design. A heavily armed and armored monstrosity cobbled together out of spare parts for decommissioned ZAFT mobile suits and designed to test the feasibility of piling a bunch of friggin' weapons onto a mobile suit and then try to make it hover a la the DOM Trooper. Carries the ZuOOT's cannons, the GuAIZ R's railguns, the GAZuOOT's missiles, triple cannon, machineguns, and beam cannons, and armor and thrusters from the GINN Assault to keep it from being completely immobile. Fast enough to get from point A to point B, but not fast enough for close combat, it's sent into battle with the close-combat specialty mobile suit CaZEL to handle enemies up close.

Cobbled this together out of parts from the GINN Assault, DINN, ZuOOT, GuAIZ R, and GAZuOOT. Part of a handful of designs intended to appear as though they were built out of decommissioned mobile suits.
ydawg314

whoooooooooooa...
Can I possible make a request? Can you make a Dagger which use a while lot of weapons kind of like that one?
Battle my brute
ShadowCell

Sorry, I don't do requests. These things take long enough to draw when only I'm doing it for myself, and this latest handful of designs have demanded some tracing since I wasn't able to get the proportions and whatnot right on my own.

Anyways:

ZGMF-X519CC CaZEL
Close combat machine designed to cover the CaVAL in battle and protect it from other mobile suits, it has speed and agility to use its heat rods, extensional arrestors, and beam swords up close and personal. It also carries the ASH's four beam cannons for some ranged firepower.

Cobbled together out of parts from the CGUE, GuAIZ, and ASH.
Zangetsu

I like this CaZEL. It has a very knight-like apperance, Don't know if that what you were going for. I did some frakens a while back that werre supposed to be as you put "cobble together" from old outdated suits and made useful. Mine just ended up very obvious were as your I can tell it from old designs, but they look new. Or, that is what I think I trying to say.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
ShadowCell

I wasn't exactly going for the CaZEL to look like a knight, but if it does, works for me. I had toyed with the idea of a Cosmic Era-ized Gyan, Gelgoog, and Kaempfer, but came up with these instead. So I guess the CaZEL is distantly related to the Gyan idea.

Anyway, one last design:
AMF-X105BW ARMA
Mobile suit mode
Flight mode
Flight mode, beam wings activated
Basically a heavily modified decommissioned DINN, the ARMA was built to test the feasibility of a mass production beam wing system. Includes parts originally designed for the Dreadnought Gundam to provide extra protection for the cockpit and space for a couple of beam sabers. Can pretty reliably hold its own against the likes of the Legend Gundam while on Earth.

Cobbled together mainly from the DINN, with parts from the GINN Tactical Air Reconnaissance Type and the Dreadnought. The beam wings did not come out as distinctly as I had hoped, but, live and learn.

The VaROZ, CaVAL, CaZEL, and ARMA were all designed basically to level out the playing field in ZAFT's favor in a fanfic. They've spent three years within the story in exile at Mars, so they might as well have some swanky new prototypes to show for it.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.
ShadowCell

LCAM/V-01XA2 Charlemagne
Fanfic design. A 730-meter long warship designed specifically for fighting the battleship Minerva, the titanic Charlemagne is the flagship of the Phantom Pain and built expressly for firepower. Although it has next to no maneuverability compared to other warships, it has unrivaled firepower and armor defenses, as well as a large mobile suit wing.

I think it's 730 meters. I eyeballed it, to be honest, and for all I know my eyeballs don't measure at all.