Wedge's flirtation with mecha design.

The place to share your artwork.
Wedge14

Wedge's flirtation with mecha design.

:? What am I doing here??

Well to commemorate my boredom I created a custom GM. For a OYW Rpg game i'm playing in. It's for my pretty high ranking character who sadly misses the ride to space. So while all the other characters are getting their fancy GM Commands and Sniper IIs He's stuck on earth still fighting the good fight in a Jaburo produced GM.

But then I thought, hey!! Just because He's stuck on earth doesn't mean he can't have fun!! So by scrapping to units together he trashed the feds created this monstrosity!!

(Take note this is my first time, trying to create something like this, and also my first time re coloring something, and this a Alternate UC. Also its a work in progress so i appreciate all comments suggestions and most prizes.)

RGM-79S Alfred Winslow Custom

Units Statistics:
Model number: RGM-79S
Code name: GM Alfred Winslow Custom
Unit type: commander's high powered mobile suit
Manufacturer: Earth Federation Forces
Operator: Earth Federation Forces
Rollout: UC 0079
irst deployment: UC 0079
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 18.5 meters; head height 18.0 meters
Weight: empty 41.2 metric tons; max gross 60 metric tons
Construction: titanium alloy on semi-monocoque frame
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 1440 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 2 x 28000 kg, 4 x 1940 kg
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 1.06 G; 180-degree turn time 1.6 seconds; maximum ground running speed 178 km/h
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 6000 meters
Fixed armaments: 2 x 60mm vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head; beam saber, power rated at 0.38 MW, stored in recharge rack in backpack, hand-carried in use, beam knife, power rated unknown, stored in recharge rack in backpack, hand-carried in use.
Optional hand armaments: beam spray gun, powered by rechargeable energy cap; 100mm machine gun, clip-fed; BOWA•XBR-M-79-07G beam rifle, powered by rechargeable energy cap; BLASH•XHB-L-03/N-STD 380mm hyper bazooka, clip-fed, 5 rounds per clip plus 1 round in chamber; shield

Technical and Historical Notes
Originally fielded as a custom colored production model GM this unit was damaged beyond repair along with a rare RX-78XX Gundam Pixie. Pressed for parts federation engineers took the damaged Pixie and salvaged her generator and rebuilt the blue GM. The high powered generator allowed the Gm to field much more powerful weapons like a full sized beam rifle. In place of two beam sabers there was only one and a small beam lower powered beam knife. The knife was nothing but an ode to the Pixie Gundam. Also all the thrusters where replaced with experimental high powered variants, which increased the units speed and acceleration, but also hampered its overall operation time.

The unit was piloted by a skilled yet reckless pilot named Alfred Winslow though his skills as a pilot where exceptional he had a bad track record of junking his own machines. The RGM-79S was custom tailored to suit his piloting style, the GM frame allowed to him to pilot in his usual manner without worrying about a shortage of spare parts. The suit was a called a ‘sleeper’ unit, if it weren’t for it’s blue paint scheme it would appear nothing more then a regular mass produced GM unit.

Miscellaneous Information
Pilot(s): Alfred Winslow
Appearences: Mobile Suit Gundam: The one year war RPG Game

Again its still a work in progress so if a suggestions suits my fancy enough i'll prolly edit things.[/url]
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Draco Starcloud

Dadgum GIF format made your picture all gritty and dotty.

I like your color scheme. Also, the coloring work is very good; there are a few little patches that you missed, but they don'tdetract from the overall image much.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Wedge14

I had to use the GIF format because i'm using Corel Draw 8 and the CD is over 9 years old and scratched to pieces, but it works...barely.

For some odd reason whenever i save a jpg and upload it to photobucket the results are this:

Pwned

I kinda like the grittyness of the .gif darkens it a bit and as you said makes it look gritty. Which is kinda unique in this....i'm a dirty robot kind of way.

EDIT: I figured out i could just change it into a JPG with paint...lets see if photobucket will take it like that..

It did....but its alot lighter...ALOT lighter...

Strike Zero

Never fear, Strike Zero's here!

I did a quick adjustment of levels in Photoshop to make it a little darker.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g298/ ... ofbgm3.jpg
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
EZero8

Nice work Wedge. But you forgot a minor detail: Ryan piloted the darned thing before Alfred even touched that GM. :wink:
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Wingnut

If this is flirting with mecha design, then you might want to try asking her out on a date as this looks rather nicely done.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wedge14

Thanks strike!!! You really did save the day.

Ez!! You're wrong!! Ryan only piloted it when it was blue, and just had the slightly tuned reactor. It was still a RGM-79 GM at that time because it was pretty much the same except a slight backpack change. Even if it wasn't the one he piloted and this one are two very different beasts.

Thanks for all the positive input!! And Wingy maybe i will take her out to like Mcdonalds and force my way to second base, then brag about it. ;)

ORegan

good job wedge, but if you take that gritty suit out, we're through!
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Wedge14

I've managed to teach myself to recolor colored in line art..but if hit a snag and am wondering if someone could shed some advice.

RGM-79s

Do you see the blue part of the calves?? Is there some kind of all superior easy way to get rid of those jaggies?

I basically use magic wand tool and recolor like that using corel photo paint 8, which is a lil archaic, but anyways am i just going to have to clean it up pixel by pixel??

EDIT: Was my link bad?? Regardless I think it was...I fixed it.

Wedge14

So over at CAIB's They've started a little SEED rpg at the bottom of the forums. Sadly i gotten bitten by the SEED bug and joined.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH I'm lazy things are different it's sometime after destiny or something and Blue Cosmo's is back stirring up some trouble again, So i'm playing a member on blue cosmo's and got my bretheren together and was like!! Let's make our own Blue cosmo's MP suit to quell these unnatural Coordinator scum bags.

So we worked together and did it.

The original planning was done by all of us on the team, Folken Fanel and Bezerker both frankened their own rendition of the plan. Then I tried it myself and got hit with the franken, bug. Thinly veiled shameless advertisement aside heres what we put together.

GAT-06 O.M.N.I. Dagger.*

Model number: GAT-06
Code name: Original Multitask Natural Invention (O.M.N.I. Dagger)
Unit type: mass production all-purpose multi-mode mobile suit
Manufacturer: Earth Alliance
Operator(s): Earth Alliance (Blue Cosmos);
First deployment: C.E. 78
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 18.00 meters
Weight: max gross weight 55.31 metric tons
Construction: unknown
Powerplant: ultracompact energy battery, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; laminated armor (improved type of heat-resistant ablative gel DPX-30); hardpoints for mounting Striker packs; Special Adaptor for mouting Wizard Packs
Fixed armaments: 2 x "Igelstellung II" 40mm multi-barrel CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head; 2 x ES04B beam saber, mounted on hips, hand-carried in use; 2 x Mk315 "Stiletto" rocket-propelled anti-armor penetrator, stored in hip armor, hand-carried in use; 2 x 12.5mm anti-infantry gun, fire-linked, mounted in feet; shield, mounted on right arm
Optional fixed armaments: Any Striker or Wizard pack
Optional hand armaments: M9409L beam rifle, power rating unknown, GAU-XM22 40mm hypervelocity machine-gun**, detachable box magazine-fed, loads MX6 depleted uranium penetrator rounds or M6 tungsten penetrators, 50 rounds per magazine, Shield with two ammo cartridges.

Originally dubbed as the UKAZ project, a collection of engineer's that where part of the Earth Alliance who where in league with Blue Cosmo's where hired to create a weapon that would be a counter weapon to ZAKU's of ZAFT.

They determined that the ZAKU's main power point was their versatility. By taking samples from older Earth suits the engineers took the basic windam core and continued to modify it, they toned it down allowing the older Dagger only Striker packs along with the windam packs to be compatible. This wasn't enough they also reverse engineered an adapter which would allow them to field Wizard packs as well. The suit went through a few redesigns with different people leading the project, there where actually 3 or 4 versions of this suit before one was settled on.

The suit was mass produced and made in secret the Blue Cosmo's where biding their time waiting, for a perfect opportunity to declare war on the coordinators they hated so.

The suit's standard deployment was rather simple and effective; a newly designed ballistic machine gun was designed to allow the suit to operate for a very long time, while still packing a big enough punch to punch through a ZAKU. The standard Windam beam rifle was also available; it was more powerful but drained on the battery, still the operation time would still be that of a normal suit. Also instead of redesigning a shield the suit used the shield of a strike dagger with two hard points which usually mounted two extra magazines. Even more they Earth engineers also used an improved heat resistance ablative gel, which allowed the suits to survive some potentially lethal shots.

*GAT-06 O.M.N.I. Dagger Frankened by Me!! and colored by EFF Test Pilot
**GAU-XM22 40mm hypervelocity machine-gun Created and frankened by Ascension

Thanks for checking this ooot!!

:D [/url]

Antares

Rather good design, and images to boot. Nicely done. Sometimes co-opping can bring excellent results. :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
ZZ Gundam

That's a nice design you have there. I like the v-fine esque adornment. It's nicely flamboyant but dosen't go over the line.
Mecha Gaming Forum A place for mecha friends.
Wedge14

Thanks guys!!! XD

It was my first time trying to franken something. It isn't that difficult at all. (Especially if you use layers)

BY the way we are talking we'll definatly be making some more. 8)

Wedge14

Double posting I feel so dirty yet clean....

With the Zeta compilation movies there where alot of little of cameos of suits that originally weren't in the series. I started thinking of a ZZ compilation the other day and was like...what kind of cameo's would that one have??

My thoughts

Wedge14

Trifecta!!!

I got to thinking again...Remeber the OMNI Dagger?? What if there was a command type variant??

Well to make a command type variant Zaku Zeon just stuck an antennae on top. But the OMNI dagger allready has a V fin....So i just did it anyways.

Thats just slapping on another horn...

RAWWWWR IMMA TRICERATOPS!!! GTFO OF MY TIME PERIOD!!! RAWWWR

*puts down the pixy stix*

I really wanna franken more instead of just pasting a part of the V fin in another spot, problem is i just can't think of anything interesting or if i do...it's just too complex for my feeble community college brain.

EZero8

Now now Wedge. Take some time to think things over and you'll soon get the creative juices flowing. 8)
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
eztofu

Triceratops design: mirage colloid virus spreader 8)

that'll work 8)
acguy rules. period.
Draco Starcloud

Wedge14 wrote:..it's just too complex for my feeble community college brain.
Foo'! I did some of my best work while going to a community college!

Now get out there and make that Dagger into a dinosaur! Wings, beak, horns, claws, the works! :evil:
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Wedge14

Your on...

I'll try and make something that'll tickle your fancy. Or get really drunk in community college fashion trying!!

Wedge14

The important thing here isn't that it looks like the love child of barbara streisand and carrot top, but the fact that i had some fun and a good laugh making it.

I give you...the Handsom-o 9000

I'm far too lazy to color it or fix anything on it. I kinda learned a few things while making it. Not sure what though. But i had to learn something....Perhaps it was...Don't franken when you don't really have any ideas and just sling random parts together.