Wedge's flirtation with mecha design.

The place to share your artwork.
Strike Zero

Good lord! :shock:

I... really don't know what to say about it at the moment.

Don't get me wrong though, it's still cool.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
EFF Test Pilot

O_o MPed Devil Gundam?
"Every day's great at your Junes!" - Nanako Dojima
Toxicity

Were you drunk when you made that Wedge?
gihrenzabi

Wedge14 wrote:The important thing here isn't that it looks like the love child of barbara streisand and carrot top, but the fact that i had some fun and a good laugh making it.

I give you...the Handsom-o 9000

I'm far too lazy to color it or fix anything on it. I kinda learned a few things while making it. Not sure what though. But i had to learn something....Perhaps it was...Don't franken when you don't really have any ideas and just sling random parts together.
it looks amazing :lol: :roll:
"To victory, life or death!" - Mikhail "Misha" Kaminsky
"The great mass of people...will more easily
fall victim to a big lie than to a small one."
Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf
Anonymous

Wedge14 wrote:The important thing here isn't that it looks like the love child of barbara streisand and carrot top, but the fact that i had some fun and a good laugh making it.

I give you...the Handsom-o 9000

I'm far too lazy to color it or fix anything on it. I kinda learned a few things while making it. Not sure what though. But i had to learn something....Perhaps it was...Don't franken when you don't really have any ideas and just sling random parts together.
whoa, there's a lot to look at in that pic... okay, okay, I think I've got a bead on it now... that's a Tragos with tusks inserted, adding a gouf's heat wip as a trunk, devil Gundam's torso section, and, wait, is that an Agg's body? WTF man? *starts all over* .............................. I give up, you da man, Wedge.

First post of a new member, BTW
Wedge14

Awesome guys!! When I become famous and eventually die in a drug induced coma alone empty and with nothing but my shattered career and 17 ex wives 36 children and the other 20 i don't know about, i'll make sure you all give you all a piece of my of my vast fortune!!

For the records I wasn't drunk tox..i was trying to make an elephant/mastadon. Then boredom kicked in and i just started aimlessly adding parts in for the heck of it. I wouldn't call it a MP'd Devil Gundam, it's the Handsom-o 9000.

And thanks Charrx93 I feel oddly honored you picked my silly topic to break your Mecha Talk cherry in. You could of done it in a topic done by someone who actually has talent and puts effort into their work!!

Welcome to Mecha Talk by the way too!!
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
EZero8

Oh snap... what the hell is that thing? I looks freaky, yet it's an awesome Franken. Very nice. What did I say about the creative juices Wedge ehh? :P
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Anonymous

Likewise I am also honored by your slightly-embarrassing acknowledgement of a nob like myself. Yeehaw, I knew I picked the right forum. :oops: :D :cry: :lol:

Yeah, I know, smilie crazy.
Wedge14

From the pits of hell my topic returns to cause serious eye damage!!

[: GF3-006NR Vodka Gundam

I freaking hate it..... I just got sick of not having a picture of this machine so i just rushed through it as fast as i could......

My attempt at a russian ushanka came out a lil german...

Wingnut

It kinda shows too. Don't take this as an insult or anything, but the face (to me anyway) looks like a dog of some kind that's sticking its tongue out.

Hopefully future refinements will fix this and other problems with the pic.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wedge14

hehe! The flaps from the hat....and the obnoxious chin do kinda make it look like a beagle or a basset hound or some other hound dog.

mcred23

For a mobile suit that's supposed to be from Neo Russia, the first thing that came to my mind was "Neo Mongolia!" and Tuong Lu Kim from South Park and the "Child Abduction Is Not Funny" episode.'

But as a mere sketch to get the basic idea of what it looks like, it gets the point across well enough. However, I'd rather see basic, properlly done lineart...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
EZero8

I chuckled when I saw it really. It doesnt look Russian, and it doesnt even look very capable of pulling off that finishing move you chose for it. I expected something more beefy. :P
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Draco Starcloud

Looks like it has a beer gut. :lol:
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Wedge14

hahaha...well it is G gundam after all... If you look at the stats which i should of originally posted it is one of the smaller suits in the fight. The beer gut is because of Boris' fanciful high risk jumping around in the air alot moves...he needs a pretty big area.
Model number: GF3-006NR
Code name: Vodka Gundam
Unit type: mobile fighter
Nationality: Neo Russia
First deployment:FC 16
Accommodation: pilot only, in 360 degree cockpit using Mobile Trace System
Dimensions: 16.2
Weight: Empty:7.2tons Gross max weight 11.2tons
Construction: gundarium alloy
Multilayer material: other
Powerplant: UltraUltra Compact Fusion Reactor
Fixed armaments: 2x 60mm vulcans fire linked in head. 1 flame thrower hidden in unit's mouth(aptly named Vodka Blast). x2 Heat Ribbons
Optional Hand held armaments: 1x NRAK-47 assault rifle with Heat bayonet. Hammer. Beam Sickle.
Ultimate attacks:

Stoi!: Boris powers down the heat lenta's and entangles his oppenent in them. Then before they break free. He turns them on causing a lot of damage.

Tsar Bomb: Boris' ultimate attack only available in close range and during his (Stalin)Man of Steel mode. Actually a series of high strength grappling moves. He first grabs the enemy performs two suplexes in succession, then a pile driver then finishes it off with a spinning pile driver.

Gundam Fight ability points:

Power: normal mode 12 Stalin Mode 16
Speed: normal mode 15 Stalin Mode 10
Offence: normal mode 14 Stalin Mode 22
Defence: normal mode 11 Stalin Mode 11
Search: normal mode 12 Stalin mode 12
Adaptability: normal mode 14 Stalin Mode 14

The Vodka gundam was created with Boris' use in mind. It's a slim writhe mobile suit with weak defenses but excellent speed and respectable power. It's ultra mode, named after a great man from the past. Slows the unit down immensely but creates enough power that Boris' can inflict the amazing and feared Tsar Bomb.
But I thought about it....i'm just gonna try making it again and again untill i'm happy with it/ learn how to slow down and take my time.

Wedge14

Hey hey hey hey!!! Been a while!!

I'm having some trouble. I'm trying to create a nice image of the RMS-156 Griffin (1)

I basically just traced some guys model kit :? It' not in a standard line art pose.

But i need some help. Will will one of you Mechatalk franken guys be able to clean my image up and fix all the screw ups. I just lack the artistic ability to do so. (i can trace and cut and paste stuff...but when it comes to drawing my own stuff i'm sunk!)

Heres my image.

I really hope someone can help me!! I've been trying at this for a few days now!!

Strike Zero

That's actually not too bad. The proportions are pretty good and the pose is cool. Somebody just needs to make the lines better and add in some details, which shouldn't be too hard to do in Photoshop.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kavik Ryx

You know I gotta post a couple of my own, there not very goo but what the heck. Behold the Zaku's of the Dominion

[/url]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc25 ... biZaku.jpg[/url]

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc25 ... T-Zaku.jpg
Last edited by Kavik Ryx on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ascension

You really ought to start your own thread for that rather than spamming Wedge's thread, Kavik.

And even though you wrote them backwards so they don't work anyway, don't use img tags on this board. Use url tags.

EDIT: Okay, now the img tags work, and that's even worse. Edit that post quickly before someone who actually has mod powers sees it and smites you.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Kavik Ryx

Sorry, real sorry, I fixed it, but I won't do it again