Project Unicorn Image Thread

The place to share your artwork.
ironscythe
Location: Jaburo Base, sitting on top of an undetonated nuke.

The Rick Dias III is a very interesting design. There is just this appeal about it that I cant quite touch upon. Good job.
It might just be that I really hit the mark this time. I occasionally have these moments when I'm drawing that I feel like the pencil is doing the drawing for me--just making each new concept a natural extension from the last. That's how this felt when I drew it. Like it was really in the spirit of the original Rick Dias. If you've ever played Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs Zeta Gundam, you know why I love the Rick Dias so much.
"gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero"
unsc117

Well, here's my contribution to this thread. Tell me what you think. Pictures can be found in my mech design thread.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=5036

AMS-121 Baz (or Zaga, whichever) Doga

Model number: AMS-121
Code name: Baz Doga
Unit type: limited production heavy assault mobile suit
Manufacturer: Anaheim Electronics Company
Operator: Sotsudeki
First deployment: UC 0096
Accommodation: pilot in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 24.4 meters; head height 20.4 meters
Weight: empty 32.0 metric tons; max gross 73.6 metric tons
Construction: gundarium composite on movable frame
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 3540 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 24000 kg, 3 x 13000 kg, 2 x 10000 kg, 6 x 6500 kg, 4 x 5000 kg, 142000 kg total; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 40
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 1.93 G
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 21000 meters
Fixed armaments: 2 x mega particle gun, power rated at 2.2 MW, mounted in forearms; 2 x 300mm binder bazooka, dual clip-fed, 8 rounds per clip plus 1 round in chamber, 34 rounds total, mounted on back, swivels under arms in use, hand-operated; 2 x heat claw, retractable, mounted in forearms; 2 x beam saber, power rated at 0.7 MW, stored in recharge racks in chest, hand-carried in use
Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on either forearm
Optional hand armaments: beam assault rifle, power rated at 2.4 MW, powered by replaceable e-pac, 2 spare e-pacs stored on rear waist armor; 6 x sturm faust, rocket-propelled warhead, stored in racks on shoulders and hip armor, hand-operated or can be launched from rack

Another design intended to be produced during the 2nd Neo Zeon War, the AMS-121 Baz Doga never entered production before the war ended. Instead, the blueprints were kept in storage until 3 years later when Sotsudeki rose up in its renewed war for spacenoid independence. The design was dug up, slightly updated, and marketed to Sotsudeki by sympathizers in Anaheim Electronics, which was still always looking to make a profit. Impressed by the design, Sotsudeki made a deal with Anaheim and purchased a few units.

Designed as a fast assault unit, the Doga was, simply put, powerful. It was heavily-armored with gundarium composite armor, very well-armed with a large arsenal, blazing fast with its many thrusters, and extremely maneuverable with numerous verniers. Its weaponry consisted mainly of powerful weapons utilizing brute kinetic force, with low-tech but dependable bazookas and sturm fausts proving this point. Other fixed armaments included a standard pair of beam sabers, extendable heat claws, and forearm-mounted mega particle guns which fired short rapid bursts. Handheld weaponry consisted of a rapid-firing beam assault rifle and a small shield. This array of weapons along with the Doga’s many thrusters made it powerful but quick, embodying the “blitzkrieg” mentality of the old Principality of Zeon back in the One Year War. This tactic would be reused by the new Zeon remnants in UC 0096 with the rise of Sotsudeki.
My mecha designs, check them out and critique!
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=5036
mostly original artwork, for frankens make me cry
Newest piece: powered exoskeleton
lalahsghost

I'm using this explicitly for an example... AKA if you want to talk about it any other form except mecha design/fanart wise... do it somewhere else~

http://i13.tinypic.com/2weysch.jpg

See how they used THREE ms to make this new one? I told you I knew they were going to do stuff like this! I bet we will be able to predict one of these MS, lol :)

Also, is it possible to replicate this with Mark Simmons Lineart? Hmm........ I wonder....
Last edited by lalahsghost on Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wingnut

More like 2 1/2 but yeah, we should be able to at least get close to one of these new units.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
crashandburn

My attempt on a Unicorn Franken.

MSN-03S Quel Doga

General and Technical Data

Model number: MSN-03S
Code name: Quel Doga
Unit type: prototype Newtype use mobile suit
Manufacturer: Anaheim Electronics Company
Operator: Neo Zeon
First deployment: unknown
Accommodation: pilot in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 21.2 meters
Weight: empty 30.0 metric tons; max gross 69.8 metric tons
Construction: gundarium alloy on movable frame
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 3850 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 2 x 17500 kg, 2 x 13500 kg, 6 x 10000 kg; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 23
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 1.75 G
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 23000 meters; psycommu system; 3 x external propellant tank, ejectable, mounted on backpack
Fixed armaments: 2 x beam saber with attached heat knife, stored in recharge rack in hip armor, hand-carried in use; 2 x 65mm Gatling gun, mounted in forearms
Optional hand armaments: beam assault rifle, powered by rechargeable energy cap, with attached grenade launcher, 3 rounds; shield, mounts 3 x mega particle gun, fire-linked (power rated at 9.3 MW each) and 4 x small missile
Remote weapons: 6 x funnel (mounts beam gun, power rated at 10.7 MW), stored in backpack storage pods

Technical and Historical Notes

Witnessing the strength of MSN-04 Sazabi piloted by their leader Char Aznable during the Second Neo Zeon War, the Zeon maintenance crew aboard the Rewloola came with the idea of adding design features of the Sazabi to upgrade the damaged MSN-03 Jagd Doga previously piloted by Newtype Quess Paraya. This involved adding funnel storage pods like those of the Sazabi to the backpack, replacing the shoulder armor shields with the shoulders of the Sazabi and the addition of thrusters to it's legs as well as an upgrade of the existing ones to increase mobility. However the war soon ended and it was never completed.

That was until about half a year later it caught the eye of an Anaheim Electronics engineer who say it rusting away in a scrapyard during a visit to the Sweetwater Colony. Intrigued by it's design it soon found it's way to Anaheim's research facilities were it was completed soon afterwards and received a more powerful reactor. It was now officially designated as the MSN-03S Quel Doga. The first test flights however proved to be a disaster as it fell apart during the third run. Being base on the mass produced AMS-119 Geara Doga, the Jagd Doga's basic frame was already near it's limit which meant that the increased thruster output caused to much of a strain on the mobile suit. To counter this problem Anaheim engineers strengthened the frame to the point of redesigning it for almost 50%. This however had the unfortunate side effect of an increase in weight. To avoid the loss of performance the legs were redesigned and acquired an additional set of thrusters as well as the addition of 3 ejectable propellant tanks to the backpack in order to supply all the thrusters with fuel.

New armaments included a second beam saber with attached heat knife and redesigned arms each featuring a 65mm Gatling gun which were deployed in a way similar to that of the RX-78NT-1 Gundam "Alex". Hand armaments were also modified with the beam rifle receiving as small adjustment in layout and a 3 round magazine for the grenade launcher. The shield was enlarged in order to make up for the loss of the shoulder armor shields and received 4 small missiles while losing a mega particle gun. The end result proved to be quite fearsome with a performance close to that of the Sazabi against significantly lower costs. While it is confirmed that more that one Quel Doga was build, the exact number is unknown. However considering the fact that Newtypes existed in small numbers the total number probably won't be high. It is unknown what happened to the units after being constructed though 2 units have been confirmed among Neo Zeon forces so chances are high they were all sold to the Neo Zeon.
Last edited by crashandburn on Tue May 08, 2007 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Draco Starcloud wrote:The name I thought up was the MechaTalk Sisterhood Assault Squadron.

'cause they're Daughtresses.
deathpony

lalahsghost wrote:I'm using this explicitly for an example... AKA if you want to talk about it any other form except mecha design/fanart wise... do it somewhere else~

http://i13.tinypic.com/2weysch.jpg

See how they used THREE ms to make this new one? I told you I knew they were going to do stuff like this! I bet we will be able to predict one of these MS, lol :)

Also, is it possible to replicate this with Mark Simmons Lineart? Hmm........ I wonder....
Is that a Methuss codpiece you're wearin or are ya just happy to see me?
ironscythe

Okay, what exactly do you mean by "duplicate the Rezel without using the lineart"? Does that mean we have to try and draw or franken our own Rezel without tracing the original? What I mean to ask is, is my usual method of drawing mobile suits what you're looking for?
"gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero gero"
Turinu

Basically LG is saying "Make a ReZel without using any pieces from its own lineart." Meaning, you must make the ReZel without using any parts from the ReZel.

Which means, as long as you duplicate an MS which resembles the ReZel that is not using ReZel parts, then it's good to go.
deathpony

Shori wrote:Basically LG is saying "Make a ReZel without using any pieces from its own lineart." Meaning, you must make the ReZel without using any parts from the ReZel.

Which means, as long as you duplicate an MS which resembles the ReZel that is not using ReZel parts, then it's good to go.
I don't get it.

I could trace the ReZel and say that i frankned it from a bunch of other stuff that I changed around and you'd have to believe me because you're not here watching me.
Turinu

... You people cannot understand something so simple?

It means use lineart other than the Rezel to make something that looks like the ReZel. Meaning, Don't use any lineart that is or belongs to the ReZel!

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to tell if you've used ReZel art in your design considering the difference in quality between it and older mobile suit lineart. Tracing the ReZel is ultimately using it's lineart; LG is saying to use it as a reference as you design your own ReZel.

If you're going to act like that then I wouldn't be surprised if LG would just disqualify you from the contest. D:
ironscythe

Basically LG is saying "Make a ReZel without using any pieces from its own lineart." Meaning, you must make the ReZel without using any parts from the ReZel.

That's all I needed to know. *instantly wins*
deathpony

Shori wrote:... You people cannot understand something so simple?

It means use lineart other than the Rezel to make something that looks like the ReZel. Meaning, Don't use any lineart that is or belongs to the ReZel!

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to tell if you've used ReZel art in your design considering the difference in quality between it and older mobile suit lineart. Tracing the ReZel is ultimately using it's lineart; LG is saying to use it as a reference as you design your own ReZel.

If you're going to act like that then I wouldn't be surprised if LG would just disqualify you from the contest. D:
Chilllllll Winston...

All's I'm saying is that I could trace the rezel or I could franken a bunch of old lineart and make it look identical to the rezel. I'm not copping an attitude, broseph, just pointing out a flaw in the system. When I *trace* a franken, I delete the original lineart and color my tracing...you'd never know what I used to make the tracing.
lalahsghost

ironscythe wrote:Okay, what exactly do you mean by "duplicate the Rezel without using the lineart"? Does that mean we have to try and draw or franken our own Rezel without tracing the original? What I mean to ask is, is my usual method of drawing mobile suits what you're looking for?
lalahsghost wrote:Try to duplicate the rezel without using it's lineart.
best looking one wins!
Although vague, pre-existing lineart is required. Sorry ironscythe, if you've already started. Like stated, it was vague, but does imply that (pre-existing) lineart is to be used, if specific ones were to be excluded.

If you have ZETA, RGZ, and METHUSS lineart made in your custom way, and try to gattai them together, that seems like it is a fair deal~

Flat out drawing a Rezel kind of defeats the purpose of trying to piece one together.

Also, sorry that I didn't reply fast enough, and the wrong impression was given. Regardless, this is justa crack at something fun, and whimsical~
deathpony

maybe my member title should read "devil's advocate" :)
Freek

GM 4 'Kalashnikov'

Figuired I'd take another wack at it with all this nice Gundam unicorn art that's been comeing out.
I'm doing something with my life, I'm just not sure what that is yet.

Freekarrtt

My DA page (though I hardly ever update it)
crashandburn

Wow, that's very well done. Did you drew it by hand or did you franken it?
Draco Starcloud wrote:The name I thought up was the MechaTalk Sisterhood Assault Squadron.

'cause they're Daughtresses.
Wedge14

I present thee gundam unicorn!!!iii!!!

I noticed noone has made the connection yet...
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
lalahsghost

Freek wrote:GM 4 'Kalashnikov'

Figuired I'd take another wack at it with all this nice Gundam unicorn art that's been comeing out.
So yeah, wow. I want to keep you in mind if we ever need your skills for something. How long did it take you to do this?
Toxicity

It should be armed with an oversized Ak-47 to match the name. :lol:
Freek

crashandburn wrote:Wow, that's very well done. Did you drew it by hand or did you franken it?
I drew it.
lalahsghost wrote:So yeah, wow. I want to keep you in mind if we ever need your skills for something. How long did it take you to do this?
Maybe around a day or so going though really bad to ok concepts to the finished then somewhat polished work in the pic (though that time includes me messing around playing Fallout 2 lol so more like) . I did some screwing around in potatoshop trying to make it look a bit like the line art I've seen of the Gundam Unicorn mecha, that tacked on hour or so.
Toxicity wrote:It should be armed with an oversized Ak-47 to match the name.
I agree COMPLETELY

Also if someone wants to give it stats and whatnot go ahead (More fluff That I can add to the pic :D ). Just keep it realistic to what it's supposed to be, that being grunt mecha. I mean it doesn't have to be a push over but nothing stupid fancy.
I'm doing something with my life, I'm just not sure what that is yet.

Freekarrtt

My DA page (though I hardly ever update it)