[update 7/6/07] Non-Franken Mecha Designs and Variations

The place to share your artwork.
unsc117

[update 7/6/07] Non-Franken Mecha Designs and Variations

I've decided to join this forum mainly to find an audience who I can show my mecha designs to, since there aren't too many people I can show my designs to offline who'd be able to give me viable critique.

Anyways, to introduce myself, I'm posting this simple design I drew when I was bored. It's nothing special or creative, just my version of the Zaku II High Mobility Type.

There, I've gotten a frontal view of my Zaku II HM Type F2 up. It's been slightly modified and looks kinda rough and dirty, but that's cause I didn't take the time to clean it.

Frontal view
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/ ... Rfront.jpg
Back view
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/ ... -06F2R.jpg

Model number: MS-06F2R
Code name: Zaku II High Mobility Type F2
Unit type: prototype general purpose mobile suit
Manufacturer: Zeonic Company, Principality of Zeon Granada Base
Operator: Principality of Zeon
First deployment: UC 0079
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 17.5 meters
Weight: empty 52.9 metric tons; max gross 73.3 metric tons
Construction: titanium/ceramic composite on monocoque frame
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 1340 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 3 x 24500 kg, 4 x 3500 kg, 4 x 1750 kg, 94,500 kg total; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 16; option for 2 x solid rocket boosters, mounted on backpack
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 1.29 G; 180-degree turn time 1.4 seconds
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 5600 meters
Fixed armaments: 76mm machine gun, mounted on right forearm
Optional fixed armaments: 2 x 3-tube missile pod, mounted on legs
Optional hand armaments: 120mm machine gun, drum-fed, 100 rounds per drum, spare drums can be stored on waist armor storage racks and shoulder shields; 90mm machine gun, clip-fed, 32 rounds per clip, spare clips can be stored on waist armor storage racks and shoulder shields; 280mm Zaku bazooka, cartridge-fed, 4 rounds per cartridge, spare cartridges can be stored on waist armor storage racks and shoulder shields; heat hawk, battery powered, can be stored on hip armor storage racks; sturm faust, rocket-propelled warhead, can be stored on waist armor storage racks and shoulder shields

During the One Year War, the Principality of Zeon military introduced the mobile suit, a new combat weapon for a new type of war. The most heavily mass-produced and most well-known mobile suit model built during the war was the MS-06F Zaku II, and its combat role versatility and easy-to-master controls made it popular among mobile suit pilots. Midway through the war, the Zeonic Company introduced an upgraded version of the Zaku II, the MS-06F2, or F2-type. Along with this improved model of the original Zaku, the Zeonic Company also developed the MS-06R-2, or High Mobility Type. Out of four HM Types made, one was sent to the lunar Granada base for continued testing. At Granada base, the Zeonic Company took the improved F2-type Zaku and combined it with the upgrades introduced in the R-2 HM Type to produce the even more improved MS-06RF2, or the Zaku II High Mobility Type F2. Featuring the lighter and strengthened construction of the F2, the HM Type F2 incorporated the improved reactor of the HM Test Type along with an extra thruster on the rear skirt armor and improved verniers mounted in the strengthened legs. These improvements would make the HM Type F2 an extremely high-performance model, outperforming its already excellent predecessors. However, the war ended before the HM Type F2 could be put into mass production, so this promising mobile suit led a rather short life with the few units produced meeting unknown fates.

Description format was taken off MAHQ.

So this is my first design I've posted. Comments and Critique would be appreciated. I'll also include the rest of my future designs in this thread, so there won't be any reposting.
Last edited by unsc117 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 13 times in total.
unsc117

Does no one care enough to critique? Or do I need to post some more of my work for people to notice.

I'll be replacing this post later with another design.
Last edited by unsc117 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heretic

We’re not light speed posters. If someone has something to say, they’ll get around to it. If you want quality responses, wait and don’t double post. If what you’re after is praise “u r goood!!!1!” Don’t bother.

To reiterate, don’t double post or “Bump” with is what your second post amounts to.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
unsc117

No, I don't want anyone saying “u r goood!!!1!”. I get enough bs responses like that offline. What I want is honest critique. And if that takes time for people to give me that, then I'll wait. Sorry, I was being impatient.

I'll delete this post later on or replace it with another design if you consider this a double post.
Mwulf

It looks good, but the proportions are a bit off and there isn't much detail in the lower legs compared to the rest of the figure.

I'm all for alternate angles, but when you draw it from behind there's really not much to see, and what we can see generally isn't all that interesting.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
unsc117

Well, one reason I drew it from behind is because from up front it really doesn't look that much different from a normal Zaku II besides an additional shoulder shield and different legs. Drawing it from behind lets me show more of the changes that were applied to it, and it was practice for me since I usually draw from up front. I'll sketch an upfront view and post it if I have time.

I got lazy on the detail on the legs, and I draw lightly so that could be a reason for what you said about the legs. And what's wrong with the proportions? I can't really tell from my point of view.
Mwulf

The proportions are pretty good, but just a little off. For example, the arms are a tad to small and the thighs a tad too wide The shields are deep enough, but not the right shape... little things like that.

As for drawing it from behind... most of us aren't all that familiar with the rears of mobile suits--especially when it comes to grunts--so it's harder to tell what's been changed and what hasn't--and even harder to determine the the changes are intentional.

:P

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
lalahsghost

Mwulf wrote:The proportions are pretty good, but just a little off. For example, the arms are a tad to small and the thighs a tad too wide The shields are deep enough, but not the right shape... little things like that.

As for drawing it from behind... most of us aren't all that familiar with the rears of mobile suits--especially when it comes to grunts--so it's harder to tell what's been changed and what hasn't--and even harder to determine the the changes are intentional.

:P
This brings up one of the biggest controversies in Gundam Boxart's to mind... When Okawara Made The MSV Zaku Minelayer's 1/144 boxart, it was facing the rear. He was able to do it in such a way that it worked, especially since the minelayer has an awesome backpack. Supposedly he took a lot of flac for not having ANY front shots on the boxart. He mastered it though. I will admit, the composition is hard to plan out for this type of shot~
unsc117

I could probably just have done a side view with the Zaku looking as if it were turning in space, which would probably be sufficient enough to show off the back and some of the front. Problem is, I don't know if I could pull that off and make it look dynamic/proportionally correct. But that's what practice is for.

And isn't the Zaku Minelayer just a Zaku II with a different backpack? I don't think it'd be that hard to imagine what it'd look like especially if you had a picture of a regular Zaku II on hand.

But besides the drawing itself, does anyone have suggestions about the specs?

There, I've gotten a frontal view of my Zaku II HM Type F2 up. It's been slightly modified and looks kinda rough and dirty, but that's cause I didn't take the time to clean it.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/ ... Rfront.jpg
unsc117

Everyone done with the Zaku HM F2?

Well, here're the specs and description for another one of my designs which I did a while ago. Again nothing too special or creative since it's a OYW model. I had a pic of it somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment. I'll look for it and post it, or I can just redraw it when I find the time.

Model number: RGM-79Z (RX-79ZFA for full armor type)
Code name: GM Zenith
Unit type: mass production general purpose multi-role mobile suit
Manufacturer: Earth Federation Forces
Operator: Earth Federation Forces
First deployment: UC 0079
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 18.6 meters; head height 18.0 meters
Weight: empty 41.0 metric tons (standard), 52.0 metric tons (full armor); max gross 63.6 metric tons (standard), 79.0 metric tons (full armor)
Construction: lunar titanium alloy on semi-monocoque frame
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 1380 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 2 x 25200 kg, 4 x 2240 kg (additional 4 x 3000 kg for full armor type); vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 14 (standard), 12 (full armor)
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 0.93 G (standard), 0.90 G (full armor); 180-degree turn time 1.5 seconds; maximum ground running speed 149 km/h (standard), 108 km/h (full armor)
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 6000 meters, 8400 meters with long-range targeting sensor
Optional equipment: long-range targeting sensor, mounted over large mono-eye sensor; multi-lock targeting sensor, mounted over large mono-eye sensor; optional ejectable external chobham armor
Fixed armaments: 2 x 60mm vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head; 2 x beam saber, output rated at 0.38 MW stored in recharge racks on forearms; 2 x beam rod, output rated at 0.40 MW, stored in recharge racks in backpack, hand-carried in use; twin beam javelin, combined beam rods
Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on either forearm; 3-tube 220mm missile pod, mounted on shoulder armor, stackable up to two; 2 x 180mm cannon, 24 round magazine, mounted in backpack over shoulders in place of beam rods
Optional hand armaments: beam rifle, powered by rechargeable energy cap; 320mm bazooka, clip-fed, 6 rounds per clip plus 1 round in chamber; long-range beam rifle, powered by rechargeable energy cap; 105mm silent sniper rifle, clip-fed, 8 rounds per clip; Gatling shield, mounts 70mm dual Gatling gun, independent-fire/fire-linked, drum-and-belt-fed, 600 rounds per drum

In the last weeks of the One Year War, the Earth Federation Forces refined its mobile suit manufacturing processes and developed several variants of its standard RGM-79 GM. The final but most unique and powerful variant was the RGM-79Z GM Zenith. The GM Zenith was built as a high-performance mobile suit with performance rivaling that of the Gundam prototypes and could be outfitted for various mission roles. Due to its late deployment and extremely high cost, very few of the GM Zeniths were actually built, with the handful deployed being piloted by proven ace pilots.

The RGM-79Z GM Zenith was unique in the fact that its body and frame more closely resembled the frame of the original Gundam prototypes than the other GM models; it even utilized the lunar titanium armor of the Gundam prototypes. The head sported a look which could be seen as a hybrid between the two warring factions’ mobile suits. It featured a head structure similar to that of the other GM heads but also boasted a large immobile mono-eye sensor similar to those of Zeon mobile suits. This feature along with its code name earned the Zenith the nickname “Zim”.

The GM Zenith was heavily-armed for close combat with two beam sabers mounted in the forearms which could be operated directly from their mounts and two beam rods, essentially longer beam sabers, which could be combined to form a deadly twin beam javelin. The Zenith was equipped with a beam rifle and 320mm bazooka for its standard payload but could also be outfitted with other weapons for various mission roles, with the large mono-eye sensor mounting special visor attachments for these roles. A powerful long-range beam rifle could be equipped for sniping missions or a deadly 105mm silent sniper rifle for stealth sniping missions. For its role as a sniper mobile suit, the Zenith mounted a long-range targeting sensor over its large mono-eye sensor, increasing sensor range by 40% to 8400 meters and greatly increasing its accuracy. The Zenith could also switch roles from a long-range sniper mobile suit to a heavy middle-range assault unit. For this role the Zenith equipped a set of external chobham armor which increased its protective capabilities considerably but lowered its overall speed; however, the sacrificed maneuverability was accompanied by a great increase in ranged offense. A pair of heavy 180mm cannons replaced the beam rods in the backpack over the Zenith’s shoulder, and a pair of 3-tube 220mm missile launchers was mounted on each shoulder’s armor. For handheld weaponry, the full armor Zenith replaced the beam rifle, bazooka, and shield for a heavy Gatling shield mounting a powerful dual 70mm Gatling gun which could alternate between a single-firing mode and a more powerful but jam-prone dual-firing mode. This arsenal of heavy projectile weapons was accompanied by a multi-lock targeting sensor, allowing the Zenith to effectively target and engage multiple enemies at once, making it a formidable obstacle for any foe.

Description format taken from MAHQ. Critique would be appreciated.
My mecha designs, check them out and critique!
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=5036
mostly original artwork, for frankens make me cry
Newest piece: powered exoskeleton
Mwulf

Sounds pretty cool, if a bit overpowered for a GM. It seems there are a few too many beam weapons... I wonder if the suits reactor would have enough capacity for all that.

Anywho, it sounds interesting and I look forward to seeing a sketch! (hint, hint) :)

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
unsc117

Well, it's not gonna carry everything at once. The most is gonna be a pair of beam sabers, beam rods, and a beam rifle/sniper rifle. And even then they could just replace the beam rifle with a 90mm machine gun to save power. The reactor it uses is as strong as the one on the RX-78 so I think it'll be strong enough to power it all, if not at once.

And GM's just a name... it actually is more comparable in cost and performance to the Gundam prototypes. Hence only a small handful being produced during the OYW.

I looked through my notebook, and it seems you're in luck. I found an older crappier sketch of the RGM-79Z lying around. It was getting faded with age so I took a few minutes to trace the lines and make it darker. It's sorta crappy and the proportions are off in places. But it's better than nothing.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/ ... GM-79Z.jpg

I don't know if I can find the full armor version though... might need to redraw that.
unsc117

Well, thank you all for the great critique, it's VERY much appreciated. In fact, I've been encouraged to post another design.

This one's not from the OYW like the previous 2, instead it's from around the time of Gundam Unicorn, circa UC 0096. Designed it, and then decided to dedicate it to a friend for his birthday. Was gonna be named Zaga Doga, but he preferred Baz Doga. Anyways, hope you like it.

AMS-121 Baz Doga

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/ ... 1copy2.jpg
^Black and white^
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/ ... rcopy2.jpg
^Colored very quickly and sloppily. Not the working color scheme, so might change it later on.

Model number: AMS-121
Code name: Baz Doga
Unit type: limited production heavy assault mobile suit
Manufacturer: Anaheim Electronics Company
Operator: Sotsudeki
First deployment: UC 0096
Accommodation: pilot in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 24.4 meters; head height 20.4 meters
Weight: empty 32.0 metric tons; max gross 73.6 metric tons
Construction: gundarium composite on movable frame
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 3540 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 24000 kg, 3 x 13000 kg, 2 x 10000 kg, 6 x 6500 kg, 4 x 5000 kg, 142000 kg total; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 40
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 1.93 G
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 21000 meters
Fixed armaments: 2 x mega particle gun, power rated at 2.2 MW, mounted in forearms; 2 x 300mm binder bazooka, dual clip-fed, 8 rounds per clip plus 1 round in chamber, 34 rounds total, mounted on back, swivels under arms in use, hand-operated; 2 x heat claw, retractable, mounted in forearms; 2 x beam saber, power rated at 0.7 MW, stored in recharge racks in chest, hand-carried in use
Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on either forearm
Optional hand armaments: beam assault rifle, power rated at 2.4 MW, powered by replaceable e-pac, 2 spare e-pacs stored on rear waist armor; 6 x sturm faust, rocket-propelled warhead, stored in racks on shoulders and hip armor, hand-operated or can be launched from rack

Another design intended to be produced during the 2nd Neo Zeon War, the AMS-121 Baz Doga never entered production before the war ended. Instead, the blueprints were kept in storage until 3 years later when Sotsudeki rose up in its renewed war for spacenoid independence. The design was dug up, slightly updated, and marketed to Sotsudeki by sympathizers in Anaheim Electronics, which was still always looking to make a profit. Impressed by the design, Sotsudeki made a deal with Anaheim and purchased a few units.

Designed as a fast assault unit, the Doga was, simply put, powerful. It was heavily-armored with gundarium composite armor, very well-armed with a large arsenal, blazing fast with its many thrusters, and extremely maneuverable with numerous verniers. Its weaponry consisted mainly of powerful weapons utilizing brute kinetic force, with low-tech but dependable bazookas and sturm fausts proving this point. Other fixed armaments included a standard pair of beam sabers, extendable heat claws, and forearm-mounted mega particle guns which fired short rapid bursts. Handheld weaponry consisted of a rapid-firing beam assault rifle and a small shield. This array of weapons along with the Doga’s many thrusters made it powerful but quick, embodying the “blitzkrieg” mentality of the old Principality of Zeon back in the One Year War. This tactic would be reused by the new Zeon remnants in UC 0096 with the rise of Sotsudeki.

So there it is, comments and critique appreciated. Hope you guys like it.
The Big Zabowski

Wow, this is good. Proportions on the "Zaga" Doga variant (or is it an MS-18 variant? :wink: I like Zaga better because it sounds so Zeonic..) are top notch, which makes it look like you've been doing this stuff for a while.

The stats are off as far as UC 0096 goes, I'd drop the wattage on the jenny a bit..probably 2700 or so because the Nu is about 3100 IIRC.

My only beef with the art is that right foot toe, which looks different from the left toe. Is this intentional as a melee weapon type thing or something? It looks like the left foot was to have one too, which is why I am asking.

Also, the angle at which the gun is drawn is interesting..practically frontal, but off to the side a bit. It has the same quality as the suit, which is also a good bonus. I can't wait to see this thing outlined and colored in PS :D

Though, drop the blue and red and go for mute/drab greens.. flair is unbecoming of a grunt. XD
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
unsc117

You can think of it like this. The Geara Doga can be seen as a descendant of the Zaku II, and the Baz Doga can be seen as a distant descendant of the Kampfer. The right toe is pointing upwards cause the toes can move up and down. Not sure what I was thinking, but the toes contain verniers, so it's just to help improve maneuverability. I just wanted to show it with one toe raised and one not raised. And it's not exactly 'grunt'. You wouldn't really consider the Kampfer or the Zaku II Commander Type grunt, right?
The Big Zabowski

unsc117 wrote:You can think of it like this. The Geara Doga can be seen as a descendant of the Zaku II, and the Baz Doga can be seen as a distant descendant of the Kampfer. The right toe is pointing upwards cause the toes can move up and down. Not sure what I was thinking, but the toes contain verniers, so it's just to help improve maneuverability. I just wanted to show it with one toe raised and one not raised. And it's not exactly 'grunt'. You wouldn't really consider the Kampfer or the Zaku II Commander Type grunt, right?
Ah, a toe thruster. A nice twist when toes are normally claw anchors by that point in time. The perspective must be off then, because it still looks a bit weird. But it's hand drawn, so everything can't be perfect.

As for the Kampfer and Zaku Commander as grunts? technically they are, as the Kampfer WAS "mass produced" and therefore wasn't technically a one off unit. The Zaku II S wasn't one of either, as it was slightly modified above the typical F type.

Char's Zaku is another story, and thusly can't be a grunt because of the '3 times as fast' rule. IIRC, his unit was the only one capable of this, while the normal S had larger backpack thrusters and a couple more apogee motors tacked on rather than the four calf thrusters of the Char unit tacked on for more 'powah'.

At least that's what the 2.0 MGs are showing..<_<

But the definition of 'Grunt' will vary from person to person I guess.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Ascension

The Kaempher and II-S are LIMITED-production, not MASS-production. Big difference. I certainly wouldn't call them grunts.

That being said, on to the art itself...

Wow! These are really neat! As I don't have any specific criticism, I think I'll just leave it as a generic... “u r goood!!!1!”
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
unsc117

I don't know, the perspective seems fine to me. But then I drew it, so I might not have the most objective opinion here.

Well, technically, yea, the Kampfer and Zaku II S Type are "mass produced", but I'm looking at it in terms of power here. They may be grunt status technically, but power-wise the Kampfer can face off against most prototypes and do well, but that also depends on the pilot. Amuro in a GM can most likely beat any grunt pilot in a Gelgoog. And this also brings up the Gelgoog, which was mass produced but almost as powerful as the Gundam. The Geymark was supposed to be mass produced, but wasn't. And the F91 was produced in limited quantities afterwards even though it was initially a prototype. I think it just depends on the demand. If they want more prototypes and are willing to pay up, they'll mass produce them even when they were intended as unique prototypes. If it was intended for mass production but only went through limited production, they probably deemed mass production unnecessary. Anyways, the description says LIMITED production, so I think that should answer most of your question. Personally, I think "grunt" and "mass production" are loose definitions.

As for the reactor's power output, I'm comparing it more to the Jaqd Doga and Sazabi, which have reactors that produce 3340 kW and 3960 kW respectively while the Nu Gundam's reactor produces 2980 kW. I was intending this to be a Doga variant, not a Jegan or Nu Gundam variant, so the more powerful reactor makes sense to me. And if you read the description, it says that the Anaheim engineers also updated the design a little when they redug it up for Sodetsuki 3 years after the 2nd Neo Zeon War. One of the minor updates was an upgrade to the reactor, hence the 3540 kW output when originally it had the same 3340 kW reactor as the Jaqd Doga. Plus, it has the high number of verniers to power, so it needs the power. Granted, the reactor helps jack up the price, but it's intended for limited production only, not mass production.

And Char's Zaku II supposedly isn't very much different from the actual Zaku II S-type, IIRC. It's not the extra thrust and maneuverability which made the Char Custom Zaku II seem three times faster, it was Char's prowess as a pilot. His style of piloting and skill made it APPEAR that the Zaku was moving at three times the speed, for if his Zaku were actually three times faster than normal, he'd have an AMAZING mobile suit for the time. If you look at the specs and compare, three times the speed of a Zaku II would probably not be feasable with most OYW mobile suits. But this is all from memory, so I could be wrong.
Last edited by unsc117 on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dash the Ultimate Warrior

unsc117 wrote:No, I don't want anyone saying “u r goood!!!1!”. I get enough bs responses like that offline. What I want is honest critique. And if that takes time for people to give me that, then I'll wait. Sorry, I was being impatient.

I'll delete this post later on or replace it with another design if you consider this a double post.
This has happened to me before...getting flack from people in a forum. Don't worry about it.

By the way, I really like your design here. Is it a Doga or a Zaku...I can't tell. You've got quite a bit of drawing talent there.
I have mastered the five elements. Dar s'chee mallynschar k'odäma issh arn sekkh!
unsc117

Well, I haven't updated in a while... almost a month. And to help keep this thread alive, I'll post another one of my designs. Here're the specs, including a half-assed description.

AMX-113M Bemphus

Model number: AMX-113M
Code name: Bemphus
Unit type: mass production amphibious transformable assault mobile suit
Manufacturer: Neo Zeon
Operator: Neo Zeon
First deployment: UC 0088
Accommodation: pilot in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in back
Dimensions: overall height 18.5 meters; head height 17.8 meters
Weight: empty 52.8 metric tons; max gross 86.4 metric tons
Construction: titanium alloy/ceramic composite on movable frame
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 4640 kW
Propulsion: hydrojet/rocket thrusters: 2 x 36000-57600 kg, 2 x 18000-28800 kg, 108000-172800 kg total; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 6
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 1.25-2.00 G
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 18000 meters; variable depth sonar, range unknown
Fixed armaments: 2 x 5-tube 280mm missile launcher, mounted in torso, 3 round magazine per tube; 4 x 420mm torpedo launcher, mounted in forearms, 2 round magazine per tube; 2 x beam cannon, mounted in forearms; 2 x mega particle cannon, power rated at 10.2 MW, mounted in backpack thrusters; heat nail, mounted in left forearm; beam saber, power rated at 0.48 MW, stored in recharge rack in right forearm, hand-carried in use
Optional hand armaments: beam rifle, power rated at 3.2 MW, powered by rechargeable energy cap, with 4 x built-in multi-launcher, can launch 240mm missile or torpedo, 1 round per tube

As Neo Zeon prepared for the invasion of Earth in the First Neo Zeon War, it introduced the AMX-109 Capule for amphibious combat and assaults. Even though the design was based loosely on the old Principality of Zeon’s MSM-03 Gogg, it seemed spacenoids had forgotten the most important factors in designing amphibious mobile suits; as a result, the Capule was an overall inefficient design and Neo Zeon had to return to the drawing board and relearn the lessons it had learned back in the One Year War. The final resulting mobile suit from Neo Zeon’s redux of amphibious mobile suit design was the AMX-113 Bemphus, and it proved to be a much more efficient and versatile design, gaining much more popularity among its pilots.

The Bemphus was equipped with a variety of weapons to facilitate combat both underwater and on dry land. It mounted multiple missile and torpedo launchers, with a pair of 5-tube missile launchers in the torso and 4 large torpedo launchers in the forearms. As it utilized an improved hydro-cooling system like that of the Capule, the Bemphus could mount a powerful reactor which in turn powered multiple beam weapons incorporated into the Bemphus’s design. A pair of powerful mega particle cannons was built into its backpack thrusters, with another pair of rapid-firing beam cannons mounted in the forearms. Close-combat weapons consisted of superheated iron nails in the left forearm and a beam saber stored in the right forearm, which mounted a normal manipulator hand in place of heat nails. The manipulator hand was necessary for the Bemphus to utilize its handheld weapon, a potent beam rifle which also mounted four multi-launchers for light missiles or torpedoes. With this arsenal, the Bemphus could suddenly emerge from underwater, release a salvo of missiles and beam fire, and quickly re-submerge to safety. For propulsion, the Bemphus utilized improved hydrojet thrusters, which could intake water for thrust, the high density of water making for excellent propulsion underwater. In addition, the hydrojet thrusters’ water intake could increase the total thrust by up to 60%. This function combined with the Bemphus’s ability to transform into a more streamlined mobile armor form made it especially fast when moving underwater. All of these weapons and functions would contribute to making the Bemphus an excellent suit for both marine and terrestrial combat.

Although production of the Bemphus began, the war soon shifted focus from an Earth-side invasion back to combat in space. As a result, the Bemphus only lasted for a rather short production run.

I haven't posted a pic yet for a few reasons. First being that I'm too lazy ATM to scan it in. Second, I want people to read the description first and see what you guys have to offer about the concept itself, not the drawing. Anyways, hope you like it, if you cared enough to actually read everything.

Oh yea, I haven't watched ZZ Gundam, so if there's anything inconsistent in the description pertaining to the series, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know.