By Way Of Introduction ~/~ Gundam MSVs & Code Geass KFVs

The place to share your artwork.
Mwulf

By Way Of Introduction ~/~ Gundam MSVs & Code Geass KFVs

For my first post here, I figure I ought to at least try and post something interesting.... so here goes!

~I am called Mwulf, by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you~

Index Of Art:

I have a LOT of stuff here; far too much to take a day off to organize everything, but I've managed to compile a list of links of the greater majority of my work here. For the most part, it's in chronological order--meaning older items are listed first, newer stuff is at the bottom. Some pictures are better than others, and most of the best stuff IMO is the newer stuff--after all, I do like to think I've improved somewhat since I came here.

Hi-Output Beam Saber Concept
New Centurion
New color scheme.
re-colored ZAKU.
ZAKU(e)
ZAKU(e) Gunner
JAS-OMS-04 Hussar
JAS-OMS-05 Centurion (Early-Type)
JAS-OMS-05 Centurion (Late-Type)
JAS-OMS-06 Centurion II
JAS-OMS-09 Janissary
JAS-OMS-09z Janissary Kai (1)
JAS-OMS-09z Janissary Kai (2)
this is a recoloring of the Blast-Impulse Gundam
Strike II Gundam
Izumo-class mobile suit carrier
I made a Proto-Savior
Gundam Messiah--RENAMED TO BLUE-BREAKER
CMS-09 Vandal - Black Tri-Star
final design standard version sword--deactivated white background.
standard colors of the Vandal
CMS-09d Vandal (Black Tri-Star Custom)
CMS-09d Vandal (Black Tri-Star Custom) (Sword)
original lineart
HERE is my spiffy new version. :P
GAT-04 Windam
A1-A1 Windam
A1-C1 Windam High-Mobility Type
A1-C2 Windam Enhanced High-Mobility Type
A1-C2 Windam Enhanced High-Mobility Type (Phantom-Pain Custom Colors)
I came up with a Chinese Dragon Casing that looks kind of cool,
JAS-NTX-07b PICES Worker
JAS-NTX-10 Crusader
JAS-NTX-10 Crusader Image 2
JAS-NTX-12 Angelwing
JAS-NTX-12 Angelwing Image 2
JAS-NTX-12 Angelwing Image 3
JAS-NTX-12 Angelwing (Loussier Cutsom Colors)
JAS-OMS-14d Legionaire Phalanx
JAS-OMS-14 Legionaire
JAS-NTX-10 ELMETH
Strike II Folding Wings
JAS-NTX-11 Ares
JAS-NTX-11s Strike Freedom Gundam
JAS-NTX-11s Strike Freedom Gundam Black-Background
MBF-07b Strike II Gundam (Kira Yamato Colors)
ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam
Earth Sphere
Jupiter Sphere
Cover 1
Cover 2
first one
second one
Re-Impulse
Impulse Texture 1
Impulse Texture 2
Impulse texture 3
Impulse Texture 4
C2 Windam EHM Type
C2 Windam EHM Type Phantom-Pain Colors
here's a close-up of the C2's head.
ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam
redesigned head.
RPI-044 Foxbat
Cataibh Imperial
Lancelot 1
Lancelot 2
RPI-013r Cataibh (Standard)
RPI-013r Cataibh (Wilderness Colors)
NX-0001 Rhea Gundam Kai (Black Background) Awakened
NX-0001 Rhea Gundam Kai (Black Background) Awakened
XN-0001 Rhea Gundam (Core Unit)
Chameleon Optical Camouflage Activated
XN-0001ZS Rhea Gundam (Zero Silhouette Frame)
XN-0001S Rhea Gundam (Pegasus Frame)
XR-108 Kestrel Gundam - Mobile Armor Mode (Retracted)
>High Resolution Version<
XR-108 Kestrel Gundam - Mobile Armor Mode (Extended)
XR-108 Kestrel Gundam - Mobile Armor Mode (Beam Shield Active)
XR-108 Kestrel Gundam
XR-108 Kestrel Gundam - Beam Saber Active
XR-108 Kestrel Gundam - Beam Whip Active
XR-108 Kestrel Gundam - Beam Shield Close-Up
XR-108 Kestrel Gundam - "Eyelid" Close-Up
XR-108 Kestrel Gundam - Mobile Suit & Mobile Armor Comparison Title
Beam Shields 1
Beam Shields 2
Beam Shields 3
NTX-12 Angelwing Loussier Colors (Armor) Bare
NTX-12 Angelwing Loussier Colors (Armor) Wings Folded
NTX-12 Angelwing Loussier Colors (Armor) Wings Half-Open
NTX-12 Angelwing Loussier Colors (Armor) Wings Open
NTX-12 Angelwing Loussier Colors Bare
NTX-12 Angelwing Loussier Colors Wings Folded
NTX-12 Angelwing Loussier Colors Wings Half-Open
NTX-12 Angelwing Loussier Colors Wings Open
NTX-12 Angelwing Red Custom Colors (Armor) Bare
NTX-12 Angelwing Red Custom Colors (Armor) Wings Folded
NTX-12 Angelwing Red Custom Colors (Armor) Wings Half-Open
NTX-12 Angelwing Red Custom Colors (Armor) Wings Open
NTX-12 Angelwing Red Custom Colors Bare
NTX-12 Angelwing Red Custom Colors Wings Folded
NTX-12 Angelwing Red Custom Colors Wings Half-Open
NTX-12 Angelwing Red Custom Colors Wings Open
Angelwing All-Layer Concept (Red)
Angelwing All-Layer Concept (White)
Old and New Angelwing Comparison
Psycommu Sword Funnel
Pyscommu Sword Sword
Psycommu Sword Beam Rifle
Psycommu Sword Sheath
Old PS Sword Shooting
Old PS Sword Closed
Old PS Sheath Closed
Old PS Sheath Open
Old PS Wings Half-Open
Psycommu Sword Components
Valk Quadarm "Eaglin" Concept
(low-resolution version)
Valk Quadarm "Eaglin" Concept with Assault Cannon Active
(low-resolution version)

My Original First Post wrote:I've been messing around with sort-of an alternative-sequel to Gundam Seed... and, of course, I started fiddling with different mecha-variations. I'm not very skilled or knowledgable at *how* this is done, but I've been trudging forward with photoshop and think my result is at least halfway decent.

I started out simple... this is a recoloring of the Blast-Impulse Gundam with a few minor changes to the backpack and hip-armor.

I also made a Strike II Gundam with a larger aile-striker pack that's integrated with the unit's torso, and a modified Izumo-class mobile suit carrier.

Before I was made aware that such a thing actually existed, I made a Proto-Savior. Yeah, I know the coloring sucks. I haven't bothered to redo-it because I opted to change the design a bit more for my last piece....

Lastly is the Gundam Messiah--RENAMED TO BLUE-BREAKER. The gold things are for funnels ala the S-Freedom, though no funnels are drawn in yet. I'm also working on a pic from an alternate angle as well as the MA mode.

As I've said, I'm just playing around and don't really know what I'm doing... I welcome and invite any advice/criticism/suggestions/comments you might have!
Last edited by Mwulf on Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:17 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Camille Vidan

The coloring is a bit unusual, but I like it. What techniques did you use on these ones? Did you draw them on paper first?
Nightwing03

^^ Thats some quality mecha art u got there, the only thing i would advise is to change some of the colours like the messiah gundam, they look abit too...bright. but apart from that everything else is top notch work :)
Last edited by Nightwing03 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turinu

The only thing I see wrong is the lines on the Impulse Gundam. Those could be fixed to make it look better.

Aside from that I love all these images, s'pecially the Izumo Class Refit.
Mwulf

I don't have a scanner so the actual images aren't "drawn" per se. Generally I'll make a small sketch in my notebook to help me cement the idea in my head and then I'll find an image to base it off... for example, I used a digital camera to take a photo of a 1/100 Savior model and then outlined the model in MS Paint with one layer, and then made another layer making the changes from my sketch.

I don't have much skill with a mouse so I'm pretty much limited to using a series of straight lines.
Ravager

It would help a lot if you found online linearts of Seed MSs,but i have no idea where to find them since they only do UC,AC MS here most of the time
Dark Duel

Good stuff. Just thought I'd mention though, that the wings on your Izumo refit would block its dual Lohengrins.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Dark Duel wrote:Good stuff. Just thought I'd mention though, that the wings on your Izumo refit would block its dual Lohengrins.
Maybe they fold in before each use of the Lohengrins?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Toxicity

Nice work, I like them all. You actually make CE technology look cool. :D
Mwulf

Bizzare double post... Ignore this one.
Last edited by Mwulf on Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mwulf

:lol: Yeah, I guess so. Truth be told I dislike most of the CE stuff myself... it's just that I decided to try my hand at a Gundam fanfic (really just me penning what I think would be a cool gundam series) and used CE as a starting point... e.g. I used destiny's characters because they're already there... as kind of a replacement series for what destiny could have been if it were good. I can post it here, if anyone's interested. I think it's pretty cool, but that's just me. :roll:
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:Good stuff. Just thought I'd mention though, that the wings on your Izumo refit would block its dual Lohengrins.
Maybe they fold in before each use of the Lohengrins?
I was thinking of it as more of a high-speed carrier, sacrificing firepower for speed... so the wings ~replace~ the Lohengrins.

~___~

I've been playing around with lots of new stuff, so I'll share a bit of what I've done right now.

Firstly I rechristened (and repainted) the Proto-saviour as the JAS-NTX-06 Blue Breaker It carries 10 autonomous weapon pods and is designed for aerial combat. The "weapon pods" are NOT like funnels... think of them as giant missiles that are highly manueverable and controlled via a psycommu-type device.

I've always been a big fan of the "fat" mobile suits, so I tried my hand at making one... I'm not too pleased with it, but I think it's a good start for something that might (eventually) become rather cool. I give you the JAS-OMS-04 Hussar It's a design emphasizing armor above all else.

Then I have my "Zaku" series... begining with the JAS-OMS-05 Centurion (Early-Type) which I kind of like design-wise, though the colors are a bit off.

Following that, I have the JAS-OMS-05 Centurion (Late-Type) and the JAS-OMS-06 Centurion II

Finally we get to my favourite designs at the culmination of my Centurion line... the JAS-OMS-09 Janissary it may not be too terribly interesting at first, but then you have the Janissary Kai.

JAS-OMS-09z Janissary Kai (1)
JAS-OMS-09z Janissary Kai (2)

The wings don't add too much speed or manueverability, and serve chiefly as armored shrouds for the two GIANT funnels. Each funnel has a large beam saber at the tip (more like a beam lance, really) along with a rotating beam blade (like a chainsaw) around the base... it's designed as a re-usable anti-ship weapon... it cuts through warships and returns to the MS. The gold-disc in the center of the torso is a beam canon... it fires more like a laser, for sustained durations of time, and is designed for anti-infantry and anti-armor attacks.... coupled with the usual beam saber/machine gun/beam rifle combo it makes the Janissary able to tackly ANY kind of enemy... an ultimate multi-role moblie suit.
Deus EpS Machina

From the looks of those images...youre trace vectoring model photos. Am i correct?
Mwulf

To get the basic shape, yeah... then I add my own stuff. For the most part, though, I have to add-on to preexisting designs because I cannot actually draw anything on my computer... (no scanner, tablet, whatever)
Deus EpS Machina

I do a lot of that kind of vector art myself...take a photo of a model kit and vector it. Iv also done some original mecha that way too...so here're a couple of tips:

1) colouring: Colour on one layer which has the lineart at 1 px. When youre completely done making the paths with the Pen Tool, Stroke it on mainly 2 layers (you may have more than 2 if you wish). The first layer should be 1px width; this is your colouring layer as the lines are thin, and you can easily use the Paint Bucket to drop paint in as many areas as possible.
Do not worry about fading away the lines as you should have made a second lineart layer with a 3px width....make this second layer of a thicker layer...3px is fine...This is the layer that will overlap the first layer and you mustn't colour on it as it covers the faded lines of the first layer:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/E ... copy-1.png
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/E ... Ifinal.png
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/E ... omcopy.png
Also, stroke onlyin black...seriously, any other colour just doesnt seem to work.

2) Stroking: about that second overlapping layer...to give it a nice artistic sketchy touch...when you go to stroke it, check "stimulated pressure". Do this only on the 2nd layer though...it should look like...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/E ... amcopy.png
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/E ... INEART.png
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/E ... ineart.png
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/E ... _1copy.png
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/E ... aicopy.png

see the difference in the line width? thats what Stimulated pressure does.
Mwulf

Thanks for posting your own stuff here.... it really brings home just how crappy my work is.... :cry: Ah well, maybe with a little practice I can close the gap a little!

I haven't found the "simulated pressure" thing yet, but I did go ahead and re-outline (and maybe make a few tweaks) some of my designs and toss in a new one.

I basically outlined it in 1 pixel black in one layer, made another layer outline in 3 pixel width pen, and then copied the first layer and put the duplicate in the middle to color in so I can re-use the same PSD for multiple colorings.

I remade the centurion, changint the shoulders, torso and head a little bit and replacing the legs. The shape of the right leg is a bit off... but it's practice.

Then I used a different coloring scheme (one that I like better... it's more "earthy") and added a beam saber, though it looks like it ~might~ be too wide.

Then I re-colored the ZAKU.

And then I made my own version of the ZAKU, which is pretty much identical (The only way I could like the original design more was if it was an MS-06fz) with propellant tanks and "neck" thrusters.

Finally, I did a less-traditional angle drawing of a ZAKU-Gunner. I tried to make it in the same colors as the last, but they're not quite identical... still, though, I really like the color-scheme.
Tiga

your doing some pretty nice Ms ^-^
CHASER

Very nice, especially the Gunner ZAKU pic. As for the ZAKU prior to it, there's a reason why its backpack is pretty much nonexistant; it needs the space to mounts its packs >>

I like the Centurion though, I don't see any problem with having a thick sabre, just means a wider beam blade :shock:
Mwulf

Yeah, the problem is are the hands actually wide enough to grip the beam saber? And yes, I know my hands are just big black blobs. I've only drawn moderately-acceptable hands once--and that was on Jesus--I've taken enough flak for it.

I'm thinking maybe the beam saber could do something like this... to make the hilt narrower and keep the blade itself pretty big.

The saber sould angle itself forward and the hilt would pop outward (foward) so all the arm would have to do is move straight up under the chin to reach it instead of over the shoulder.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
CHASER

I think that would make the sabres somewhat flimsy (in the narrow bit) or physically weak (being mostly hollow tubes). You could always have something like... a standard sort of thickness, though having a broader piece at the end that emmits the blade wider and possibly flatter.

Although, if you meant that as just a solution for how the hilt looks in the lineart, that doesn't fix much :shock:

Though the first thing that catches my attention with that suit is how pointy its skirt armour is, then there's the head that's pretty nice too. And there's nothing wrong with blobs for hands, they sometimes come out better than ones where you can't tell what's a finger and what's... something that isn't a finger... I want to stab english sometimes.

I wish I do art like that, though it's made itself apparent that I'm mostly good at colouring :shock:
Antares

The final version of the Zaku Gunner indeed looks awesome, and it is also a non-standard pose which means bonus points. Nice work, keep'em comin'!
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.