By Way Of Introduction ~/~ Gundam MSVs & Code Geass KFVs

The place to share your artwork.
Ravager

Ahh...a detailed backstory of JAS and those units.Just what i was looking for,nice!

Hm... I used to love battletech. A while back I grabbed some of the dark age stuff and while the premise was decent, the writing seemed somewhat poor. The 1st (or 2nd) book was really good though. Stackpole, I think. It was about a lumberjack-type spy guy... I don't remember much, but I liked it and pretty much everything I read afterwards was a disappointment.
I recommend you skip Books 3-6,12,16 and the novels Blood Avatar and Dragon Rising.These are between average and total crap,in my opinion.You've missed quite a lot of excellent books,i recommend you pick up Fortress of Lies,the Skye duology,Scorpion Jar,Trial by Chaos,Principles of Desolation and you MUST have Sword of Sedition,Fortress Republic and Wolf Hunters.
Mwulf

Allrighty... I managed to play around with a tablet todad; it was both easier and harder than I imagined it would be.

My basic process was to set one of my models in front of me to look at as a point of reference and draw the "shape" in a layer, then do another layer with a detailed "sketch" and then another layer with a darker, rough outline. Then I delete the "shape" layer to make everything look smoother. I've tried to keep the file-sizes small.

First, I tried the funk CE Gouf... or GOUF.

Then I tried "coloring" the sketch, though because it was so rough I had to color with the pen tool, so it looks rather like a crayon-drawing. :roll:

Now, the last sketch requires some explaining. As you may or may not have gathered, the vast majority of the images I've posted here are for my "Fates" fanfic. Oddly enough, i now find myself with a new idea for an original gundam series (which I plan on writing either as a summary--a la Fates--or as an actual narrative). It could either take place late in CE (think 60 years after seed) or in an original universe. I haven't decided yet and I probably won't think too heavily on it 'till I finish Fates--Only 37 episodes left!. I won't delve too much into the premise, save for one thing I want to share: the story will pick up durring a war called the "Reconquista". For those of you familiar with history, I think at least a mild curiousity will be raised. :P

The main storyline unit is the (current name) "Rhea Gundam" ...whose design is based VERY heavily off of the Le Cygne from Ecole du Ciel. One of the key features of the Rhea are the armored shrouds--or "silhouettes" it can equip. Since I have yet to finalize the design for Rhea, I went ahead and did some preliminar, conceptual sketches of the Rhea's Zero Silhouette.

XN-001 Rhea Gundam Zero Silhouette Sketch #1

XN-001 Rhea Gundam Zero Silhouette Sketch #1 w/ Sketch #2 Overlay

XN-001 Rhea Gundam Zero Silhouette Sketch #2

Bear in mind all of the above is simply a conceptual sketch, and the final design will look MUCH better. For starters, I need to make the shoulders and torso a bit bigger, add more deffinition to the arms and legs, and reduce the skirt armor some.

A couple things to mention for sketch #2... the four circles on the torso are Mega Particle Beam Cannons (think ZZ) and the head has beam vulcans. The Zero Silhouette, itself, is just armor added on top of the main mobile suit, and it covers 100% of the actual MS's surface. hence the Z'Gok-esque armor tubes on the upper arms and legs.

EDIT: Whoops, I seem to have accidentally posted the hi-res GOUFs... I'll replace those with the smaller files as soon as I can find them.

Also, I forgot to toss in the other two sketched I drew up:

Strike-Freedom

AMX-004 Qubeley

And that's all, folks! 8)
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Ravager

I'll post a longer comment later...your Rhea looks like a midget
Mwulf

Yeah, it does look pretty weird. The thing is, I need to be able to cover the whole thing in armor and I don't want it to be as big as a psycho... I think I know how to fix it, but it'll take a while.

And for reference, here's my working concept of the Rhea Gundam.

That's right. Fingers. For the first time, ever. (probably the last time, too.)

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Ravager

Hey i like your working concept Rhea Gundam!It's torso and head design is quite revolutionary like how the Astray Gundams turned peoples' heads.Nice!Can't wait what kind of weapons it's gonna have.Just don't overdo it like the Nu-Lib Gundam in the other thread.That one's overkill and too much like a Sword Impulse MarkII with no originality.
Mwulf

Yeah, that's why I chose it. As I said before, the design is just a re-color of the incredibly-cool Le Cygne. That's the "core" chassis and it equips different parts... similar to say Impulse of Strike, but more like the Alex in terms of appearence and mechanics.

I've decided the timeframe for "Rhea" to be in the year Universal Centruy 1092. Mobile suits have become very, very simple (kind of a "dark-ages" era) and virtually all of them--including the Rhea--are forced to use projectile weapons, since beam energy is no longer viable. It'll also be a narrative. I'll go into more detail on the technical aspects once I start writing it.

Also, in commemoration of the first, real, comic strip of Amuro's Space Adventure, I'll post the basic process I've found to make it.

First I draw the image and outline it in 2 different size brushed, and place them on top of a "mat" backgound--applying a cutout filter to simplify the background.

Then I fade out the background so it's less visible and color-in the characters.

And, finally, I add a thick, exterior outline to each character and apply the speech balloons, which end up covering-up most of the background.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Ravager

That's kinda too "Dark Agey".The Amuro comic got a laugh outta me.Nice work.
Mwulf

It's really not that "Dark-Agey". The basic story set-up is that the past... century or so has been an age of constant warfare. Mobile suits have evolved to the point where operating beam weapons is a bigger disadvantage than it is an advantage--they're still there, but nowhere near as common as elsewhere.

The basic concept of the Rhea and it's shrouds/coverings/whatever is that it negates the disadvantage of beam weaponry... so it's packed with 'em. I may change the year to 661, though. Whatever ~sounds~ coolest. I think it'll be pretty cool, but as with all things all ya' can really do is wait and see.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Mwulf

All righty... now to try something new. Ish. New-ish.

Before I start spouting off crap... bear in mind that the Rhea represents a level of technology ~above~ the "highest" level of technology by UC 421. The core unit doesn't have any real gimmick other than the "NX reactor" but that's as much of a mystery (without spoiling anything) as a psychoframe--in terms of what it does, how it works, etc.

I like the base design (of course) and the Pegasus frame, but the Zero Silhouette still needs some work, I think. It's still leagues ahead of the first concept I posted, though. Aslo, for a new thing... STATS!

*pilot name/gender isn't finalized, so I just went with what I thought of first. More details/elaboration will come... eventually.

~___~

XN-0001 Rhea Gundam (Core Unit)
Chameleon Optical Camouflage Activated

Model Number: XN-0001
Code Name: Rhea Gundam
Unit Type: Unknown
Manufacturer: Unknown
Operator: Rogue
First Deployment: U.C. 421(?)
Dimensions: 17.5 meters
Weight: 13.2 tons (empty) / 19.8 tons (max gross)
Construction: Unkown
Powerplant: XN-Type Reactor; output rated at 22530kW(?)
Propulsion: XN-Type Minovsky Drive Thusters: 4x 90180kg(?); rocket thrusters: 14x 66780kg.
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration: 32G
Sensor type and range: Unknown
Equipment and Design Features: Separable armor-frame components: Zero Silhouette Frame, Pegasus Frame, etc. External hardware attached to mobile suit core to enhance performance. Chameleon Optical Camofluage Device.
Fixed Armaments: XN-Type Field Projector.
Optional Hand Armaments: beam rifle, powered by direct energy hook-up, beam sword, VBR high-velocity machine cannon, MPPC spiper rifle.
Pilot(s): Isabel Cherveaux

XN-0001ZS Rhea Gundam (Zero Silhouette Frame)

Model Number: XN-0001ZS
Code Name: Rhea Gundam Zero-Silhouette Frame
Dimensions: 19.2 meters
Weight: 18.1 tons (empty) / 19.8 tons (max gross)
Propulsion: XN-Type Minovsky Drive Thusters: 4x 90180kg(?); rocket thrusters: 14x 66780kg.
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration: 24G
Equipment and Design Features: Separable armor-frame components: Zero Silhouette Frame, Pegasus Frame, etc. External hardware attached to mobile suit core to enhance performance. Chameleon Optical Camofluage Device.
Fixed Armaments: XN-Type Field Projector: Multigenic Beam Projection Array x2: Mega-Particle Beam Cannons x2: Mini-Mega-Particle Beam Cannons x36; Double Grenade-Launcher x2
Optional Hand Armaments: beam rifle, powered by direct energy hook-up, beam sword, beam saber x4, VBR high-velocity machine cannon, MPPC spiper rifle.

XN-0001S Rhea Gundam (Pegasus Frame)

Model Number: XN-0001S
Code Name: Rhea Gundam Pegasus Frame
Dimensions: 17.5 meters
Weight: 13.2 tons (empty) / 19.8 tons (max gross)
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration: 30G
Fixed Armaments: XN-Type Field Projector: Multigenic Beam Projection Array x2: Mini-Mega-Particle Beam Cannons x8
Optional Hand Armaments: beam rifle, powered by direct energy hook-up, beam saber x4, beam sword, VBR high-velocity machine cannon, MPPC spiper rifle.

And that's all for now, folks. :P

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Ravager

Wait-wait,you've got me lost there.What's MPPC and XN?

Nice camo work there,Mwulf.Mini-mega-particle cannon,i have to apologize for what i'm gonna say next,but i do think that's kinda an oxymoron.Sorry.
Ascension

Actually, mini mega particle cannon makes perfect sense, since what it would be would be a small cannon which fires mega particles.

...and that camo pic is great! Good job! I like Pegasus, too... I assume it's atmospheric flight capable? What about WoL, does it have Wings of Light?
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Mwulf

Sorry for the delayed response, but whenever I post here I figure it's best to have something to show off.
Ravager wrote:Wait-wait,you've got me lost there.What's MPPC and XN?
MPPC = Mega-Particle Projection Cannon. Think of it as a suped-up Mega Launcher, capable or rapid and variable fire.

XN requires a bit of explanation...

The basic premise of the Rhea gundam is that, in the middle of the first large-scale UC conflict sine the OYW, it appears in the midst of battle. It orgins are completely unkown. It simply appears and is composed of a great deal of unknown technology.

The hub of the rhea is dubbed the "XN Reactor" ...even though it's not really a reactor. In the center of the gundam there is a single 1.4 meter-in-diameter black sphere. It's properties are that it absorbs all wavelenghts of light, has a constant external temperature of 98.6 degrees f., and has zero friction. It is not directly connected to any part of the mobile suit, has no visible lines or blemishes, and cannot be x-rayed or otherwise scanned. It's a giant question mark. The MS gets it's name for the XN-0001 letering emblazoned on the armor plating covering the black sphere; it is dubbed a reactor because no other power source is detected.

As for the Wings of light... the Rhea's gimmick is it's zero-enery signature (more detail on why that's important later) and it's ability to create and sustain I-Fields and fill them with supercharged m-particles in isolated areas of space. So yes, it has WoL. And can conjur a beam weapon of any kind. Theoretically it could envelop the entire planet in a "beam shield", as it has seemingly limitless energy at it's disposal.

But the Rhea is also a monster. The "accidental teenager" that becomes the pilot does so by force... imagine the cockpit hatch opening up and dozens of narrow black tentacles shooting out and burrowing into your flesh, working their way to your brain... 'cause that's how the Rhea syncs with the pilot.

There are also instances of the Rhea "awakening" and operating independently of the pilot... becoming "alive" so to speak and demonstrating superior abilities (6 WoL active, giant beam swords, all kinds of stuff) and terrifying combat ability.

I've drawn up the "awakened" form of the last Rhea modification--the Rhea Gundam Kai. The purpose of the X-shaped attachment is to saturate the area immediately surrounding the Rhea with m-particles for propulsion and for multi-faced offense/defense.

NX-0001 Rhea Gundam Kai (Black Background) Awakened

NX-0001 Rhea Gundam Kai (Black Background) Awakened

The Kai's normal colors are the same light blue and white as the earlier versions; the X-attachment is dark blue instead of dark red, light blue instead of light red, and gray instead of gold.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Ravager

Dude,this is great stuff.Hope you flesh out everything about this soon.But the idea still sounds borderline fantastic,not hard sci-fi.

Anyways,you hit the right note with the Rhea's colours.Those really conjure a sense of dread.But the four giant things at the back reminds me too much of the Xbones and the Dreadnought.
Mwulf

^--It'll be far less fantastic in practice, trust me.

*ahem*

Anywho, I found myself at a loss of what to draw next. I'd been wanting to try a Nu redesign, and had also considered a whole slew of Kampfer and Zudah variants, not to mention the Fate stuff I still have to finish--most notably the ELMETH.

In true mwulfonic fashion, I chose to do none of those, and instead opted to do something entirely different. This is what I've finished ATM (and I'll have 2 more detailed variants of the below ready later tonight).

RPI-013r Cataibh (Standard)

RPI-013r Cataibh (Wilderness Colors)

If you're anything like me, you really have no clue about Code Geass model numbers... for the record, the RPI-013 is the Sutherland (the basic Knightmare Frame we see since the begining of Code Geass). The RPI-013r that I've come up with is, of course, a specialized variant of a Sutherland.

"Cataibh" is, by the way, the Irish name for Sutherland.

Anywho, this is just the basic version of the Cataibh. It's pretty similar to the Sutherland, with some minor changes to the cockpit module and head. The real "gimmick" of the frame are the various hardpoints placed across the KF's back, arms, shoulders and thighs. These exist to equip various armors, weapons and external equipment to the frame. The two I'll be posting later tonight will be an Urban Combat-specialized frame, as well as the "real" general-purpose Cataibh.

This is my first time drawing non-gundam mecha, so please let me know what you think. (and yeah, I know the wilderness-colors Cataibh is a bit too bright).

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Ravager

Uhh...they're blocky and the lines are too angular to be realistic?

I've never seen that anime before, so i'm in no position to judge your designs.

You've run out of ideas huh? Well, i can give you one. A Strike Dagger with the head more like a Hoplite helmet with a Gelgoog Marine's knuckle shield on the left arm and holding a beam spear on the right. The saber is on the left hip as backup and instead of a beam rifle it mounts a GINN assault machinegun at the back waist-level. The whole unit is in the colours of Morgan Chevalier's 105 Dagger. Think you can pull this off? :wink:
Mwulf

Nah, it's not that I'm out of ideas, but that I had a few ideas and opted to do something else entirely.

The code geass mechs are called Knightmare Frames (hence the KFVs in the title are Knightmare-Frame-Variations). They're pretty cool, so far as mecha-design goes. They've got spikes on the shoulders with cables that shoot out, kind of like grappling hooks. Those things on the legs are wheels that give the frames a lot of speed, and that big bocky thing on the torso is the cockpit, that has rockets that propell it backward as an escape pod. Yeah, pretty cool indeed.

The Cataibh/Sutherland is pretty much the basic grunt of the series, so it's none-too-pretty.

I didn't get around to any more than 1 more Cataibh variation, but here it is:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3527 ... ialow1.jpg

Other than that, I have a recolor of the Lancelot in more traditional Brittanian Colors:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2936 ... colkr8.jpg

And for reference, here is the Lancelot in the same colors as the show. I guess it's Suzaku Custom?

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4869 ... lotfw2.jpg

The lancelot is pretty much the most gundam-like KF in the anime. Keep in mind it's piloted by the main antagonist, though.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Antares

We approve of these models of Knightmare. The Great Britannian Empire wishes to use these to crush the rebellion(s)!! :P

Any new weaponry ideas for the Sutherland-remakes? Or the Lancelot? The last one looks like an EVUL Knightmare. :wink:
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Mwulf

I've gotta couple ideas for a lancelot remake... sort of like a proto-lancelot, which I suppose is somewhat redundant because I've always assumed the lancelot already is a prototype. A mass-production lancelot?

And I have a bunch of ideas for sutherland and glasgow variants, and because the designs are so simple, it shouldn't take me too long to crank a couple more out.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Ravager

Thanks for the explanation, i still think the Cataibh is ugly, but the Lancelot...SLEEK! I especially like the white-and-yellow recolour of yours!

Can you provide tech specs, such as weapons, equipment, for these Code Geass mecha? The Lancelot seems to be armed with a pair of swords like the Lancelot from the Clive Owen movie...
Mwulf

Er... some background, more of which can be found on Wikipedia's extensive Code Geass section.
The Knightmare Frame Wikipedia Entry wrote:First used during the invasion of Japan, the Knightmare Frames (ナイトメアフレーム, Naitomea Furēmu?) are giant robots designed by the Britannia Empire, using self-propelled roller skate systems christened Landspinners to achieve high mobility and speeds and gain superiority on modern battlefields. They are also equipped with a sophisticated Factsphere open sensor camera on the head or torso to gather visual data. Their power source is also known as the Yggdrasil Drive and their later models now incorporate nuclei made of Sakuradite, a material now paramount in superconductivity technology.

Their main standard weapons are hand-held rifles, shoulder or wrist-mounted Slash Harkens (wired rocket anchors), Stun Tonfas, lances and airburst hand grenades. The cockpit, which is set in the protruding 'hump back', can be ejected in case of emergency and is equipped with parachutes. Verbally, the name sounds like nightmare but in spelling, it refers to a knight's mare.
And the stats and specs of Lancelot....
The Lancelot Wikipedia Entry wrote: * Series: Z-01
* Height: 4.49m
* Weight: 6890kg
* Weapons
o Slash Harken × 4 (スラッシュハーケン, Surasshu Hāken?) (wired rocket anchors)
o MVS × 2 (Maser Vibration Sword (メーザー バイブレーション ソード, Mēzā Baiburēshon Sōdo×2?))
o VARIS × 1 (ヴァリス, Varisu?) (specialized particle rifle) (VARIS: Variable Ammunition Repulsion Impact Spitfire)
o Float System × 1 (enables flight)

The Lancelot (ランスロット, Ransurotto?) is an experimental, one of a kind, Knightmare Frame developed by Lloyd Asplund and the Military Engineering Corps. Being the first seventh generation Knightmare Frame ever fielded, the Lancelot far exceeds the capacity of other models thanks to the heavy amount of Sakuradite scattered throughout its frame as well as well as in its Yggdrasil Drive, the 'Coalminas' core. As a high-performance unit, the Lancelot features a large number of experimental and innovative devices not yet found on its predecessors. Unlike the older Knightmare Frames, the Lancelot features two retractable Factspheres affixed on its chest, two forearm-mounted beam shields, as well as two Slash Harkens on its wrists and an additional two on its hips. Its backborne Maser Vibration Swords (MVS) can cut through any target thanks to their high oscillation ratio, while its VARIS specialized particle rifles can adapt to any type of situation due to its adjustable projectile repulsion output. However, as it is still in development, unlike other Knightmare frames the Lancelot lacks an ejection seat. The Lancelot can also equip a backpack-like Float System, based on the same system in the Avalon and Gawain, that allows it to fly.
Without any solid stats from other mecha in the series to compare with, it's somewhat difficult to create custom stats. Thus far I've only shared repaints and variations... now it's time for a wholly original [ish] Knightmare Frame.

RPI-044 Foxbat

Up next: additional Foxbat variations, and some new Chinese Knightmare Frames... it'll take a bit longer for the Chinese stuff, because I want it look look pointedly different from the Brittanian models.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)