By Way Of Introduction ~/~ Gundam MSVs & Code Geass KFVs

The place to share your artwork.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Either that, or as big as one of the Macross Ships in assult mode.

I'm guessing it needs those four arms to control the sword.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Mwulf

I'm thinking of that one as being roughly twice the "nromal" size, though I haven't had time to do much else, and right now I'm more preoccupied with ships than suits. ~__~

I have some kind-of-new stuff to share. All of it from Fates.

The Finalized Design of the XR-100 Kestrel Gundam.

Mostly I just adjusted the wings and replaced the head. The colors are a bit different, but neither scheme is "permanent."

The Minerva Poster.

This is the "original" Minerva, or the prototype, with me playing around to make a cool background. This playing around would eventually lead to my last little bit of work.

CE 79: Apocalpse
(High-Resolution Version)

Basically it's just a giant battle scene. Of course, to avoid spoiling anything (and because I was lazy... mostly the latter reason) there are no enemy units in the picture, just allies.

And, finally, here is the Minerva in it's Mass-Production colors.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
DarkUnicorn

Kestrel Eve-online 'ship inspired?
OddlucK

Nice job on the Kestrel. Looks like a pretty badass Z variant. My only qualm is that the fingers look a little too round. Other than that (and that's just a matter of my taste), it looks great!!
Mwulf

Sehr dank!
DarkUnicorn wrote:Kestrel Eve-online 'ship inspired?
Considering I had to google "eve online" to see what you were talking about, no. If it's inspired by anthing, it's be the recent MG Zeta variants. In which case is less of an inspiration and more of make a bunch of modifications to an already kick-ass design. :P

Alright, it seems I've hit a brick wall. There are three big designs I'm working on. The giant super-structure, the ~new~ Elmeth, and the Excalibur. I'm currently working on the Excalibur, but my progress is very, very slow.

But my efforts have resulted in a few different vessels. Rather than simply say what they are, I'll just list the ships & notes here. Everything's from Fates, so the descriptions may not make a whole lot of sense to everyone. :P

Nezri-Class High-Speed Carrier
Faction: ZAFT
Notable Vessels: Chasseur de Têtes
Weapons: Chain Cannon Turrets (x2), Long-Range Beam Cannon (x2), Anti-Ship Torpedoes (x4).
Compliment: 11 Mobile Suits; 2 Work Pods
Description:
Toward the end of the Bloody Valentine War, ZAFT recognized the need for a new type of high-speed mobile suit carrier to replace the aging Nazca-class. After some deliberation, the Nezri-class high-speed carrier was designed. The Nezri boasts a much larger mobile suit compliment than the Nazca-class (which could only hold six MS at a time) and a much higher speed. The Nezri is also slightly larger and slightly more armored than the Nazca, which make it slightly less mobile. The first Nezri-class Vessels were rolled out of drydock toward the end of the war and only a few were created before the war's end. At the Second Battle of Jachin Due, six Nezri-class vessels fought against the Earth Federation.

The Armistice following the battle included a general cessation of weapons manufacturing, but in the political vacuum in PLANT after the death of Patrick Zala many factories continued to construct warships. By CE 74 there were at least thirty Nezri-class vessels operating within ZAFT.

The Pirate Crisis of CE 77 led to a slight re-armament of ZAFT; a small fleet of twenty new Nezri-class vessels, including the Chasseur de Têtes, were constructed. These ships would be used to police the Earth Sphere and the long trade-routes between Earth, Mars and Jupiter in an effort to curb stellar piracy.

Gawain-class Heavy Carrier
Faction: ZAFT, Independent Colonies
Notable Vessels: None
Weapons: Variable Missile Racks (x6).
Compliment: 44 Mobile Suits, 6 Work Pods, 12 Fighters.
Description:
When Gilbert Durndel, Surpreme Chairman of PLANT's High Council began secretly remilitarizing ZAFT, one of his first steps was the covert purchase of a large industrial manufacturing and advanced technolgies research corporation in the Oceania Union--Rubicon. Under the guise of 'Project Theta' began developing a new series of highly-advanced warships to serve as the backbone for Durandel's new fleet.

The first Rubicon design was approved by Durandel for manufacture in PLANT shortly before the Junon disaster. The Gawain was designed to be a counterpart to the Nezri-class carriers. Where the Nezri could carry a small number of mobile suits very, very quickly, the Gawain was designed to carry a much larger quantity of mobile suits at slower speeds. The core of the Gawain is where the engines, bridge, living quarters, airlocks and reactor are located. These vital systems are then covered by the three exterior-hangars that contain the Gawain's vast array of support craft. Spreading out from between the upper and lower hangars are two massive wings, equipped with an enhanced Lift-System.

The Gawain's Lift-System was not intended for prolonged use. As primarily a space-warship, the Gawain can only sustain atmospheric flight in the atmosphere for short periods of time. Nevertheless, in the wake of Junon's Fall and in the chaos of the subsequent Junon Wars, the Gawain-class heavy carriers were invaluable for their large transport holds and the ease with which they could enter and exit the atmosphere.

The Gawain-class also made its way into the Independent Colonies, where it functioned as the mainstay of the Colonial fleet in the Seven-Week War and the Great War several years later.

Trebuchet-Class
Notable Vessels: None
Weapons: Tannhauser Cannons (x3), Heavy Turret (x1), Variable Missile Racks (x8).
Compliment: 58 Mobile Suits, 8 Work Pods, 16 Fighters.
Description:
When Gilbert Durndel, Surpreme Chairman of PLANT's High Council began secretly remilitarizing ZAFT, one of his first steps was the covert purchase of a large industrial manufacturing and advanced technolgies research corporation in the Oceania Union--Rubicon. Under the guise of 'Project Theta' began developing a new series of highly-advanced warships to serve as the backbone for Durandel's new fleet.

Several of the new technolgies developed by Rubicon Technologies, inc., were hastily combined with pre-existing ZAFT designs after Atlas' decapitation strike against PLANT's High Council. The chimera-like result is the Trebuchet-class Battleship. Part long-range artillery vessel and part heavy-carrier, the Trebuchet was a massive, slow vessel with comparatively weak armor and very little mobility. It was intended to be a massive symbol to boost morale after Atlas' attack, but the prototype vessel proved to be too costly and too inefficient to mass-produce, and development was halted.

Maab-class Dreadnought
Notable Vessels: Hadrian
Weapons: Positron Artillery Cannons (x4), Tannhauser (x1), Multiple-Vector Beam Cannon Arrays (x4), Variable Missile Racks (x28).
Compliment: 64 Mobile Suits, 16 Work Pods, 26 Fighters.
Description:
When Gilbert Durandel, Surpreme Chairman of PLANT's High Council began secretly remilitarizing ZAFT, one of his first steps was the covert purchase of a large industrial manufacturing and advanced technolgies research corporation in the Oceania Union--Rubicon. Under the guise of 'Project Theta' began developing a new series of highly-advanced warships to serve as the backbone for Durandel's new fleet.

The primary aim of Project Theta was to develop a new breed of super-dreadnought. A massive type of warship that could dominate any field of battle. This development would eventually culminate in the Excalibur-class Dreadnought, but the war with Atlas was so taxing that Durandel ordered the Excalibur to go into production before the design was even finalized.

The result became known as the Maab-class Dreadnought. The Maab was an enormous craft, capable of atmospheric flight, which could bombard enemy positions with a vast array of weaponry and launch an unheard-of number of mobile suits and fighters. The dominant feature of the Maab was the upturned-nose of the vessel, the bottom of which was covered in variable missile racks that could fire enormous volleys of missiles downward, making the Maab an ideal craft for surface bombardment.

Only three Maab-class vessels were produced. One was sent to the Independent Colonies to serve as a symbol of ZAFT's strength, and the other two were sent to Earth to fight Junon. One of these latter Maabs, the Hadrian, would later be destroyed over Istanbul in the Battle of Gaia.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
DarkUnicorn

Not design, just the name.
Antares

I have to say I like the Nezri and the Maab-class the most, the others are slightly... odd to me. Also, several positron guns are a little too much too fast, even if they would give a bigger role for the capital ships. Then again, the Gondwana is already a good example of ZAFT big projects, while there are no real carriers between the Nazca and the Gondwana, so there would be a good tactical slot to fill there.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Mwulf

^--Actually, the Nezri is the only finished design, all the others are sort of like "tryout" designs while I try to nail down exactly what I want, the Maab being (at this point) the closest. I'm having a lot of trouble determining exactly how I want to make the rear end of the ship. ~__~

*ahem*

So help me God, I love the Char colors.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)