Strike Zero's Mecha Studio : We've got stuff.

The place to share your artwork.
Ascension

Yeah, I like the name Leong better... :lol:

I think it looks pretty awesome... and it stands half a chance if a major character pilots it!
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Strike Zero

Bremics wrote:I think you just broke my windar.
Broke your... what?
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:The name says "Vicotrious" But I bet it'll still get taken out like it was made from Lego
Ascension wrote:I think it looks pretty awesome... and it stands half a chance if a major character pilots it!
Screw that! The Leo-V is made of so much win, even a no-name grunt from SEED could use it to take out Heero Yuy and Jesus Yamato combined.

....yeah right.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kavik Ryx

Dude, that's awesome, thanks.
Strike Zero

No problem at all. It was actually a lot of fun to design and franken.
Zero Revenge

Wow, nice work SZ. Especially the Spartan Gundam. I was really impressed by those (300 + EAF = love)

Just curious, how long does it take you to work on these?
Strike Zero

Just a note: When I came up with Spartan Gundam, I was actually thinking more of Halo (300 had yet to come out when I made the original).

As for how long it takes, it really depends, but nowadays I can probably make a franken in about one, two or three hours if I know exactly what I want to make and how to make it.
Zero Revenge

Strike Zero wrote:Just a note: When I came up with Spartan Gundam, I was actually thinking more of Halo (300 had yet to come out when I made the original).

As for how long it takes, it really depends, but nowadays I can probably make a franken in about one, two or three hours if I know exactly what I want to make and how to make it.
Christ, I didn't even think of that. I assume that does make more sense...

2 to three hours though? For work of the quality that it is? Wow, you got it down to a science don't ya? I'll be sure if I ever have an idea for a suit, i'll pass it by you. :P
valkyriepilot

very nice works strike zero! spartan, aurora, superion, and strike mkII are my favorites, very sleek designs and very nice color schemes! in fact, if you won't mind, i'd like to make a model incarnation of your strike mkII sometime ;) schedule permitting that is, it's hard for hobby time to compete with work time hehehe...

well.. i have some model projects going on right now that i would very much like to have graphical references. it makes it so much easier to work on a concept model when you can see the design laid out on paper, er, monitor, hehehe. and being the photoshop flunky that i am, i've not been successful in making graphical renditions of all my ideas...

that said, i'd like to request for one of my concepts if it's alright with you. this is a mixed UC test/prototype MS, with the following parts:
  • torso, backpack, hips and thighs of RX-78NT-1 Alex Gundam
    shoulders, arms, lower legs and feet of RGM-79Q GM Quel
    head of RX-121-1 Hazel Gundam
i guess a good color scheme would be Titan's, but it's ok if you have another better color scheme that you may want to apply for it ;) many many thanks in advance and keep churning out those great works!! 8)
Bremics

Strike Zero wrote:
Bremics wrote:I think you just broke my windar.
Broke your... what?
It works like a gaydar, but it has win/fail rather rather than homo/hetero.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... Gaydar.gif
Pray she never meets Athrun.
Strike Zero

Update time.

This time, I tried expirimenting with hand-drawing mobile suits and then coloring them on photoshop. As it happens, I found that it's a lot easier than frankening a suit from scratch, and more fun, though they don't look as refined as some of my works.

Now presenting two mobile suits for an upcoming fanfiction project:

UGR-07M Saber

DM-TZ/S35 Tenzu

More to come soon, as well as stats and whatnot.

Also, I must apologize for not completing requests. I will start putting them out before the end of the month.
OddlucK

Nice stuff. I really like the Tenzu, very sleek.
Strike Zero

Re: Strike Zero's Mecha Studio : Back in the game!

What's this?

Strike Zero is... updating his art thread?!

UNPOSSIBLE!!!

*universe explodes*

=====================

Jah. After a year and a half, I've got something for y'all. I was in the frankening mood and decided to create a visual representation for a custom unit in the TARRRPG.

Now presenting: The (for lack of a better name) Knight Custom Ahead, otherwise known as MISTAH MEDIEVAL'S AHEAD!

Featured on its back is a high-powered GN thruster unit, as well as the massive and oversized GN Buster Saber usually wielded by the GN-X Sword. Other optional weapons include the GN Knuckle Shield, the GN Chain Mace, and the GN WhateverTheHellElseYouFeelLikeStickingTheWord"GN"InFrontOf. Similar to Bushido's Custom Ahead, this unit specializes in close combat and would only be handed down to top A-LAWS License holders who have proven themselves capable of handling it. That, or they just like to smash sh!t up.

Comments are welcome. Critiques are appreciated. :D

Minor note: As you've probably surmized, I've given up on all requests, so those won't be coming for, like, ever. Sorry to anybody this happens to upset/piss off. =P
Zangetsu

Nice Knight Custom Ahead, Strike Zero. I only don't like two things about it and one of them has to do with how I dislike most Ahead akward body design, so not your fault. As Kylern pointed out in the TARRRPG, the booster seams a little to far to the left. Do you plan to do a line of customs or more Gundam 00?
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Strike Zero

Zangetsu wrote:I only don't like two things about it and one of them has to do with how I dislike most Ahead akward body design, so not your fault.
Well, bah! :P

I for one absolutely love "ugly" mobile suit designs, thus the Ahead design ranks up there among my favorites.
Zangetsu wrote:As Kylern pointed out in the TARRRPG, the booster seams a little to far to the left.
True, but I still stand by my rationale that this is because the booster extends a good three or so meters off the back, which is why it appears to the left at the angle we're looking at it. There's nothing wrong with it as far as I'm concerned.
Zangetsu wrote:Do you plan to do a line of customs or more Gundam 00?
Well, I hadn't really thought about it, but now that you say so...
Strike Zero

Work in progress update:

One and a half hours of free time and inspiration has resulted in this thing.

Before you ask: yes, that is in fact a Loli Gundam. Y'all got a problem?! :P

This is the original sketch with some minor touch-ups and level adjustments done up in Photoshop. I intend to eventually produce a fully colored version, but only God knows how long that's gonna take. <<;;

The design itself is heavily based on the Fairlion from SRW, as I'm sure most can tell. I'm actually rather surprised at how clean it one came out (my hand-drawn stuff usually isn't nearly as clean prior to scanning), though that's probably thanks to me actually looking at a picture of the Fairlion while drawing it, and the using of the method of "sketch it, then flip the paper over and very carefully trace it on the opposite side, then lay another piece of paper over it and trace it again" that I used. Yes, that's a lot of redrawing. So sue me, it works.

Looking at it now, the right leg is probably positioned a little too far off the hips. Then again, I had intended for the hips to be wide to begin with, so maybe the left leg is actually a little too close. Help in determining which it is would be appreciated.
Sume Gai

Ahead Knight Custom (AKC :lol: ): I never really said anything earlier but I happen to like the overall feel of it particularly the shoulders and head. tell me though is the chest based on the Sinanju?

Loli-Lion: kinda reminds me of Fei-yen As for the legs I think you should move its left leg outwards. In addition (this is a personal opinion) I'd suggest making the legs longer and the feet smaller
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Strike Zero

Sume Gai wrote:Ahead Knight Custom (AKC :lol: ): I never really said anything earlier but I happen to like the overall feel of it particularly the shoulders and head. tell me though is the chest based on the Sinanju?
While I can see the similarity, what I actually did was rip the chest off of the Geara Zulu and, after a little tweaking, turned it into a chest plate of armor. Done and done.
Sume Gai wrote:Loli-Lion: kinda reminds me of Fei-yen
Indeed. However, the Fei-Yen isn't a Gundam. Thus, it is inferior. :P
Sume Gai

alas my unfamilarity with Unicorn proves my undoing once again.

I have one last question about your loli-loin. Is it supposed to have a monoeye or humanoid eyes? The current image makes it look more like a monoeye but It could be either
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Strike Zero

The Gundam Loli (new unofficial name) has normal eyes. The reason only one is shown is because it is looking off to the side.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Strike Zero wrote:One and a half hours of free time and inspiration has resulted in this thing.
So what sort of inspiration are we talking about? Pretty surprising that something like this resulted from only a few hours' work. You might have posted too large of a picture, but it's a good thing that my browser can zoom out. Consider resizing things in the future. (I always save a small version of my scans for posting. That's why they all say "small" at the end of their filenames.) Its shoulders and back...ring thing...look interesting, though it only makes me wonder if they are functional at all. I didn't even know the MS was looking off to the side until you mentioned. That lady has a goatee! =p You did pretty well on the perspective of its feet!

If you want to fix its hips, the only thing you have to do is look at its waist and figure out how they should all line up. I know the pelvic section is hidden by the skirt armor, but you at least have to know how it is structured underneath there. We're all familiar with this terrible example by now, but it's the only other wide-hipped MS currently in circulation, and at least it might provide for a useful example. In short, move the right hip in close; move the left hip a bit out. You might consider adding some panel lines to its legs.

And while everything looks to fit together well, the proportion/scales you used here says "Medabot" more than it does "mobile suit" to me. I won't make a huge deal out of it, but consider looking into that. =o

Good work, sir. I find it to be quite a unique design. How about we call it "Cecilia"? I have this strange idea of giving proper names to MS.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel