Huhtis entertains - UPDATED 31/10 - stuff

The place to share your artwork.
EZero8

Very nice. Good combination of parts and nicely colored to blend everything together. My only gripe would be the random circular things on the shoulders. What are those for?
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Huhtis

EZero8 wrote: My only gripe would be the random circular things on the shoulders. What are those for?
Im not sure even myself, but I wanted to keep them as they are part of Strike Gundam I kid you not
http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed/gat-x105.htm

EDIT: Still something more, Some time ago I wanted to put those nice legs of Gerbera Tetra into use, and ending result is ZAKU Locust
Color scheme is not anything special, as I really wanted to use Camoflage colors of Venezuelan Su30MK´s
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/3203/zakulocustps3.jpg
With modified standard beam assault rifle
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/6427/z ... uiple2.jpg
- It's like I'm wearing nothing at all, nothing at all...
- STUPID SEXY DOMON!
EZero8

Huhtis wrote:
EZero8 wrote: My only gripe would be the random circular things on the shoulders. What are those for?
Im not sure even myself, but I wanted to keep them as they are part of Strike Gundam I kid you not
http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed/gat-x105.htm
That's funny... I've never noticed them before. Now that I have... I'm curious. :P

Anyways, the ZAKU Locust is also very nicely done. Good job on that one.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Wingnut

I'd guess they're part of the hardpoint system for the Striker packs. Other than that, I don't see a purpose for them.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
RedSteel

Lol hmmm somehow i never seen those round circular things in the design before.

Lol i think they looks more like armored caps thats used to cover the joints at the elbow.
The power to level cities to the ground ~ all in your fingertip
CHASER

Well Huhtis, I hope you're happy; I'm officially jealous.

Very well done as usual, better than I manage on a general basis, with some very clean lineart. Even the ZAKU's somewhat odd legs seem to go with the rest very well.

I have to wonder how you do those different than I make mine.
HellCat wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:I'm skipping this one if it's in suppository form, though. Like, I like Gundam, but not that friggin' much.
They decided against that because most Gundam fans already have something up their butt.
Antares

Very cool designs, the camo is something that works surprisingly well even on a Gundam (if I recall correctly no Gundam show does camo, even when they have MP units in environments that could really, really use it) and a Zaku. I have to say the Locust looks much more intimidating than the Ground Strike, even though I like the grenades you've added for its use. Stats, please! :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Huhtis

HUAAARRGHH!!! Im sick of mobile suits! Lets franken something to destroy mobile suits!!!

Osprey Men at Arms series presents:

Armed forces of One Year War:

Lets start with some tanks:
Federation Ground Forces Type 61 M1 MBT

At beginning of One Year War, Federation tank forces consisted mainly of outdated Type 61 Main battle tanks. But it was during year 0078 when Federation started modernization project to give their main workhorse on ground much waited upgrade. Main objects were as such:
1) Newest version of 150mm MBT guns to replace old ones and reduced reload speed of main cannons
2) Improvised armor and durability
3) More ammunition capability
4) Weapon to counter threat of Mobile suits (Which Zeon had fielded successfully)

61M1 Compared to 61 has additional armor and doubled ammunition capability, upgraded targeting sensors, Upgraded cannons with faster reload speed and capability to use newest ammunition, 12,7mm MG is replaced with M229 Light infantry machinegun, and in addition M101A3 Regina anti MS guided missile is installed.

Only 120 were ready deployed over earth when OYW began. They were successful during conflict and by the end of war 586 Type 61 were upgraded to M1 model.

Standard factory colors
Variation of standard colors, used mainly on Eurasian theatre of operations
Desert colors

Federal forces tanker
Tank crewman, probably commander, In his somewhat special outfit, Spring 0079 somewhere in northern Eurasian front. He wears ground forces uniform M-333A1HW similar to type used by earthbound MS pilots, with somewhat special pre-war insignia, protecting gloves, pistol holster, armoured forces beret and Infantry combat trousers. Armed with Calt M72-A1 rifle and M71-A1 pistol

Bandai really should do Type 61 and Magella Attack tank next in their 1/35 UC Hard Graph model line, I would be one of the first to buy it (and by that time, I hope I have means to order them)

Next time (maybe) Infantry!
Last edited by Huhtis on Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- STUPID SEXY DOMON!
Antares

Whoa. Outstanding. Old school hardware for the win! The tanks is incely done and the armaments seem very plausible.

Maybe add a custom commander tank codenamed Lagus or something along those lines? :wink: :P
Huhtis

Now, for that infantry!

February 0079
EFGF Paratrooper officer, 3rd Airborne
Federation started counterattack against Zeon forces came to halt, when Zeon forces met with Federal troops at Heidelberg, Germany. Battle raged for 2 weeks until bridge fell. 23,000 Federation and 7,000 Zeon soldiers lost their lives.
Trooper is wearing cold weather jacket and combat trousers. Webbing mounts standard equipment, smoke and handgrenades.

Summer 0079
Bomber pilot, 21st detachment,Milano AFB, Mediterranean front

Typical air forces uniform, pilot jacket on top of M-222HW crew overall. Officers cap is standard issue.

Supply troops sergeant, 17th supply corps, Tunisia
He wears M-222HW Overalls and standard issue helmet

Infantryman, EFGF Regulars, 61st Infantry division, IV army corps
Corporal of Federation regular forces, during Rhine fording operation, August 0079. He wears regular combat uniform M-311N with M-72 webbing. He is armed with Calt M-72A1 bullpup rifle.
Federation regulars were better trained and motivated than conscripts drafted when war started. They formed core of EFGF and were sent to hottest frontiers and used as breakthrough forces and defending critical strongholds.

September 0079
Member of 1st tactical recon,LRTRG Blue
Federation long range tactical recon forces started infiltrading behind zeon lines during september 0079 in preparation for operation Odessa. They acquired intelligence of Zeon defenses and send information forward.

October 0079
Garrison trooper, Jaburo, South America
Dressed in Federation regular uniform and combat trousers. Standard helmet with no cover and gloves

And this one is for Antares:

Type 61M1, FDF colors
This is just recolor of earlier ones, no customizing except camo and Lagus arrows.

In next episode:
Zeon is scheming something ugly, but their Hugo Boss-designed space nazi uniforms look fabulous!
- STUPID SEXY DOMON!
Antares

Cool stuff once more! You really have an eye for the uniforms to match up that well. If I give you credit, would you terribly mind if I nicked the recolored tank from you? :) Possibly to put up on my fic?
Zeon is scheming something ugly, but their Hugo Boss-designed space nazi uniforms look fabulous!
:lol: Can't wait! :D
Huhtis

Antares wrote:Cool stuff once more! You really have an eye for the uniforms to match up that well. If I give you credit, would you terribly mind if I nicked the recolored tank from you? :) Possibly to put up on my fic?
Not a problem at all, if your going to give credit afterall. :D
- STUPID SEXY DOMON!
Huhtis

MAYBE, I Should update my thread, since its all stickied and awesome, only problem is, im running out of material pretty quickly and my time is limited with school!

As it was indeed said in last update, Zeon is STILL scheming something ugly and evilish with their Hugo Boss-designed space nazi uniforms just like Feddies did before them, there is At the moment more material than Feddies had, but im feeling kinda fixing that. Im thinking of releasing them to public eye during weekend.

BUT! Yesterday I had a vision from Ramba Ral himself; Huhtis, you must put up Rock Concert in Aurora, Illinois and franken badass Buster Gundam variation!!!

I went on with my saviors orders and did this:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6771 ... ri2ua4.jpg

GAT X-103 DS Designated Marksman Verde Buster Gundam

It´s basically Verde Buster gundam equipped for sniping role with pods fitted w. lots of decoys, counter measures and random gimmicky stuff. Hueg guns are replaced with them pods, beam pistol and Sniper beam rifle.
- STUPID SEXY DOMON!
Turinu

Very nice design, but the right arm could use a bit of work. Maybe it's not the arm, but the angle the rifle is at that makes it look odd. The point which connects the joint to the upper arm also looks a bit odd.
Huhtis

Shori wrote:Very nice design, but the right arm could use a bit of work. Maybe it's not the arm, but the angle the rifle is at that makes it look odd. The point which connects the joint to the upper arm also looks a bit odd.
Thanks for the comment & criticism, I tried to make joint look more connected but it was just quick fix you cant really notice.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/628/ ... ri2ab6.jpg

Buut here´s some new material

GAT-X105VG Victory Strike
And some color variations
Variation 1
Variation 2

"Success of G-units in previous wars lead to development of trial production Hi-end mobile suit with suberb offensive and defensive capabilities, Victory Strike, that uses main frame of still capable Strike gundam fitted with thin alloy of covering armor.
Victory Strike has really limited main weaponry, consisting of 35mm Igelstellung M3 vulcans mounted in head, Armor bayonette stored in leg, and 2x short range beam cannons, mounted in shoulders.
Victory Strike uses variation of weapon components mounted on different hardpoints throughout the body, with lots of different weapon settings. Hands have hardpoints for standard or beam shield, backpack can be fitted with railgun / 2 missile pods or booster component. VS holds beam rifle as main handheld weapon.

8 Victory Strike Gundams were produced and usually worked in teams of 2 Victory Striked and 1 Designated Marksman Verde Buster Gundam
- STUPID SEXY DOMON!
Strike Zero

Cool design... but it looks kinda... short. :?
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Antares

So these are actually mass production models? Well, given that they are CE based, there is nothing wrong with that given how you could argue that all the products down the Forbidden -family tree are Gundams too. Certainly their armaments fit MP units in the sense that it is nothing cheesy or overtly fancy and energy consuming.
Draco Starcloud

Oooooh. Marksman Buster doesn't just have his arms drooping at his sides! Nice touch!
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Huhtis

Antares wrote:So these are actually mass production models? Well, given that they are CE based, there is nothing wrong with that given how you could argue that all the products down the Forbidden -family tree are Gundams too. Certainly their armaments fit MP units in the sense that it is nothing cheesy or overtly fancy and energy consuming.
Not excactly mass production, something like limited production or like that, Victory Strike does not have more than ten or dozen units produced, Marksman Buster about half of that number.

- - - - - -

And now, something completely different!

First one small update on Feddie army

Airborne trooper, North American front, late UC 0079
Eventhough paratroopers were outdated unit by modern UC 0070´s standards, they were still the toughest of EFGF ground troops and were used in most hardest tasks. She wears special webbing for paras, kneepads, standard pistol holster for M71-A1 pistol, magazine pouches and supply kit for M-229 Squad automatic rifle.

- - - - - -

TODAYS MAIN EVENT!

Osprey Men at Arms series presents:

Armed forces of One Year War:
Principality of Zeon Earth Attack Force

Disclaimer: This work does not promote contolism, colonialism or newtypeism in any way. This publication has been checked and accepted by Titans information bureau for any extremism or anti-Earth sentiments UC 0085 25.5 .

U.C. 0079.03.01

1st Terrestrial Mobile Division, northwest of Lake Balkhash
Spearhead forces of Zeon Earth Attack Forces mostly weared their winter gear, as for most of soldiers this was their first time on Earth and colony drop earlier caused climate changes. This man wears cold climate overall´s which include mostly dark green thick jacket and combat trousers, protective gloves, short combat boots and combat webbing with 6 magazine pouches.

U.C. 0079.04.06
5th Terrestrial Mobile Division, Sinai peninsula
Soldier wears his light green tropical uniform, marching boots and minimal equipment, webbing with couple of magazine pouches and water bottle on belt. Collar tabs are same color as rest of uniform.

U.C. 0079.06.03
1st Terrestrial Mobile Division, Taskforce north, NW Belgium
Trooper of Taskforce north, during fierce battles against Federation defense pocket at former Belgium. It can be seen that Zeon forces uniforms were manufactured in many variations and materials, depending on colony they were manufactured. Helmet is covered with camoflage cover, which was rare item among Zeon forces.

U.C. 0079.11.07
Tank commander, Odessa
Commander of Magella Attack tank team, consisting of 4 Magella Attacks, just before counterattack against Federation 3rd army, on first day of battle of Odessa. Even on age of mobile suits and Zeon being first to use them in battle, MBT´s were still in great use on both sides of conflict.
Wearing standard Zeon uniform with red sleeves and shoulder tabs, officers cap, standard pistol holster and nonstandard binoculars of older model (propably because standard devices with lots of electronics were still prone to malfunctions)

U.C. 0079.11.09
Assault pioneer, Kishinev
On the last day of Odessa, with Zeon defensive lines crumbling on every directions, pioneers were busy setting traps and mines before Federation spearhead arrives to buy time for evacuation. Zeon still had great disadvantage at defense, as their forces lacked Anti-tank and Anti-MS capabilities which more traditional Federal forces had. As can be seen, Female volunteers were in great numbers on both sides, She wears standard uniform and camoflage combat trousers meant for harsh environments. She carries on belt field shovel, helmet and map pouch. She also has pistol holster and flashlight.

U.C. 0079.11.21
Radioman, south of Caucasus mountains
After bitter defeat at Odessa, Zeon forces had no choice but to start long march towards east, to last Earth evacuation points at Baikonur and other various location in asia. This radioman wears standard uniform, field cap and combat boots with ankle canvas. Radio is carried on back mounted on webbing, under radio is combat pouch pack, pistol holster and field bottle mounted on belt.

U.C. 0079.12.02
MS Mechanic, Kimbareid base, Africa
This young mechanic wears protective overall and on belt is mounted mechanic´s tool kit. From unit tab you can see he is trained by Zimmad corporation and is specialized in Zimmad´s mobile suit models, mostly Dom types, but is still trained in overall MS maintenance.

U.C. 0079.12.
MS Pilot, SE Russia
This pilot has been fighting on foot for couple of months, after his MS was disable at retreat phase from Odessa. He wears earthbound MS pilot jacket, field cap, standard trousers and marching boots. Webbing has couple of magazine pouches, in his hands are wool gloves and on neck wool scarf.

- - - - - - - -

That is all! Discuss or i dont know. Now im off to sleep, its 1:37 AM over here.
- STUPID SEXY DOMON!
OddlucK

Wow. Very, very nicely done! My favorites are Odessa and Kishinev. Excellent.

*does best to hide jealousy of people with artistic talent*

*runs*