Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/30/2018 - Various Mecha Stuff

The place to share your artwork.
tehprognoob

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 9-25-11 - New Frame Crash F

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/codegeass/geass-tv/rpi-13.jpg
That waist is pretty short, though. And the ratio of waist-to-cockpit is higher. Most of the cockpit is the human pilot anyway.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 9-25-11 - New Frame Crash F

Tis' true and understandable, but I'll probably still stick with it. At this point I'm too lazy to change it and it works, so why bother? >_>
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 10-3-11 - Hildebrandt Frame

Another day, another completed Frame! This one took me a bit longer to finish, because I eventually got lazy, got WKC2, played some backed-up games, then finally decided to perform the hour-long struggle of finishing its head.

No Boundaries Hildebrandt Medium Frame Standard Colors

The Hildebrandt is one of the first Third Generation Battle Frames created, put to the field several months before the official release of Third Generation Frames to the public.

Designed by a young man from a Frontier Caravan, the purpose of the Hildebrandt was to engage older Second Generation Battle Frames, which were larger and with stronger armor, and to take them down fast so they could no longer raid the large roving caravans.

To this end, the Frame was equipped with thick armor and gravity stabilizers to drastically reduce its weight, while giving it a strong defense and good speed. All-terrain wheels in the feet give it unparalleled speed on flat lands and large plains.

The original model was equipped with a massive sword designed for cleaving the larger enemy frames in two; however its size made it a problem when engaging other Third Generation Battle Frames. The weapon pictured is a custom vibration blade designed by the Frame's pilot made specifically for engagements with other Frames of its size.
Antares

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 10-3-11 - Hildebrandt Frame

I love your productiveness, Shori. And the notes and thought put into your designs. Keep up the good work!
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 10/15 Spring Cleaning, New

I figure it's been awhile, so the first post in my topic has been cleaned up; rather than linking to all the older pieces of art I've linked to galleries that contain them, both on Deviant Art and my own homepage. Any new works will be placed under "Latest Works".

Speaking of latest works...

1. MD-TGF1000 Standard Light (3D)
Standard Light Production Colors

2. YSR-NBX100 Hildebrandt (3D)
Hildebrandt Medium Frame Original Colors

3. BT/M-YTG100 Ashbel (3D)
Ashbel Medium Frame Original Colors

Three mecha! Two have already been posted here but I've updated them with new design sheets, while the Ashbel is a brand new design just released!

Most info is provided in the pictures but if you have questions that info can't answer, feel free to ask!
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 10/15 Spring Cleaning, New

Alright, a couple of things for today. First is a space fighter I finished several days ago, followed by a work in progress mecha for a friend.

http://turinuz.deviantart.com/art/AR-25 ... -265746740

Here's the fighter. Looks more like a speeder of sorts, but regardless I think it looks pretty cool.

And here's the mecha WIP. It'll be a 4.4 meter tall "Tactical Powered Loader". It'll probably be used, if at all, in the police department for a friend's RP forum.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/ ... loader.png

Will probably end up with a half-backpack for a cockpit, though I want to get that cockpit as much into the body as I possibly can. Something new I did with this one was covering the internal parts with fabric protectors; also the armor is removable, there will be a frame beneath the armor (Except the main body; mainly just the arms and legs) so I can do cool battle-scarred pictures.
tehprognoob

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 11/1/11 - A Ship + WIP

Oh hey, NCPD.
Some police mech?

Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 11/1/11 - A Ship + WIP

Indeed. Kind of like Patlabor I guess? Except half as tall and the cockpit style is more Gasaraki mixed with Geass.

The design, story-wise, originates from construction loaders, which originated from the modern types of assisted power exoskeletons, or whatever they're called. The company that produces them is using this police department as a testing ground to see its effectiveness before producing them for military combat.

Here's a progress update: WIP2
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 11/12/11 - Police Pursuit M

Here's the mecha I was showcasing earlier completed. A police mecha! Two design sheets to fit all the various angles attributed to this machine, as well as one of its weapons; the SRX1 Stun Rifle. This is a mecha made for a roleplay forum called Niwa Nights; don't know if it'll ever be used, though. Still I promised a friend I'd make it for him, so here it is.

4. MT-TPL-N1 Pursuit (3D)
Pursuit NCPD Standard Colors Sheet 01
Pursuit NCPD Standard Colors Sheet 02

Model Number: MT-TPL-N1
Code Name: Pursuit
Manufacturer: Mechadyne Technologies
Operator: NCPD (Niwa City Police Department), Anti-Meta Human Task Force
Accommodation(s): MIR-2 interactive cockpit in back, 360º heads up display view helmet
Dimensions: head height 4.27m; with mounted equipment 4.86m
Weight:
Armor Materials: Titanium alloy frame with reinforced ceramic composite lining and impact gel
Engine: Roltheim B3200 Twin Turbine Engine, maximum operation time five hours; indefinite while plugged
Performance: Ground cruising speed 180mph; full body turn time 0.3 seconds; torso turn time 0.6 seconds
Design Features: 45º torso rotation left/right; High-speed off-road wheels acceleration/break systems
Fixed Equipment: HE200 Grappling Anchor x 2, stored in compartments under chest; High-output search lights/head lights x 2, located on upper chest
Optional Equipment: SRX1 Stun Rifle x 1, mounts to right or left back mount, clip-fed with eight shots per clip, two additional clips stored on magnetized racks on leg; MT-WNL05 Net Launcher x 1, mounts to right or left back mount, net is retractable; NPR1 .45 Hand Gun x 1, attaches to magnetized racks on leg, internalized ammunition with 120 bullets loaded

Development Notes:

Based off of Mechadyne's Labor Loader in America, the Tactical Powered Loader is a military-applied powered exoskeleton technology developed for combat in cluttered urban settings. Its speed allows it to outrun most vehicles and paired with its size and long arms, is capable of grabbing vehicles or other objects. It can also wield a variety of weapons and equipment. The original prototype underwent live combat evaluation on the streets of Niwa City a month before the Pursuit rolled out in limited numbers from Mechadyne's production facility. As part of an agreement with the NCPD the ten Pursuit units rolled out would deploy underneath the NCPD's Anti-Meta Human Task Force, where the true mettle of these machines would be tested for future mass production.
Antares

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 11/12/11 - Police Pursuit M

I like that the design is NOT top-heavy; the center of its mass is a bit more down that one often sees in mechas, which lends a certain air of feasible design. Much better than ED-209. ;)
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 11/24/11 - Animation...?

... Or at least an attempt. Well, I'm trying. :P

Hildebrandt slides down into a drawing stance.

I haven't exactly mastered this yet... Still working out the kinks and problems I have with this Sketchup Plugin. But aside from all that... I can technically animate (within limits) my 3D mecha now!
tehprognoob

Oh wow. Neat.

Antares

For a first animation that ain't half bad! :)
Ideas of improvement if you want to focus on a particular area:
-leg movement; use just one leg and make it... ummm.. not slide. It's ok to keep one foot still and just bend the knee
-arm movement: the arm grabbing the hilt is a bit too straight; there is no sign of bending at the joints (yeah I know this is pretty hardcore to demand, but still)
-hand movement: the hand grabbing the hilt should open and close around it; now I think it just "jumps" into position.

I did like the fact that you had put some thought into showing the mech's movement on the ground, that was a good detail to add.
Turinu

Aye. Unfortunately the hand's gonna be tough to do. But originally I wanted to fully animate the hand since I took the trouble to articulate it. It can be done, but I need to find out how to do more seamless transitions between scenes with this.

Like for instance I was working on one last night, where the Hildebrandt was jumping over the Ashbel and doing one of those Samurai super-dash slashes. Unfortunately this is where the limitation to the program comes in; I have to do individual part animation frame by frame.

So instead of the machine bending at the knees and jumping in one smooth transition, it goes like this:

Scene 1: Bend Legs Down
Scene 2: Lower Torso
Scene 3: Static jump into the air
Scene 4: Stretch legs out
Scene 5: Stretch feet out
Scene 6: Move higher into the air
Scene 7: etc...

Otherwise, the parts move into position in an odd fashion; like the foot detaches from its joints, or hands rotate in different directions to get into position. If I can find out how to get that all into one seamless animation, I'm good. I'm sure it can be done (hopefully), I just need to tinker at it more.
Turinu

Here's a set of weapons I've made for Frame Crash so far.

Frame Crash Weapons, Set 1 WIP

If anyone has their own weapon suggestions, feel free to suggest! From the weirdest to the most basic, I'll take any weapon idea, :D

Sheridan Custom Needle Gun - Fires thin nail-like needles at blinding speeds, with a spread similar to a shotgun. It makes no noise and while individual needles do little harm, they can cause extensive damage to armor and joints when they pile up. A pair of standard length blades attached to the underside add an additional threat to its enemies.

Sheridan Drill Dagger - A weapon designed specifically for tearing apart joints, these small daggers have blades capable of rotating at high speeds, allowing them to drill into lightly armored or unprotected parts of an enemy Battle Frame.

E-01B Assault Sword - This basic blade is packaged with the Standard Light Frame when becoming a Light Frame Pilot. The blade is built to last with defensive qualities on par with a shield. The curved edge makes it ideal for slashing lightly armored targets.

Devo Aire Katana - Custom-made by the Hildebrandt's pilot, the Devo Aire is a nearly indestructible katana with a very sharp edge designed with Iaido in mind. When drawn from the pressurized scabbard, it creates a vacuum of air that enhances cutting power.

Advanced Cannon Rifle/ Rail Cannon - Capable of being used only by the Ashbel, these powerful cannon rifles are normally quite destructive, but when attached to the Ashbel's rail generators on its back they can nearly triple their destructive force. Such an attack is enough to literally blow an unprotected Light Frame to pieces.

Standard Bayonet - Part of a series of multi-purpose weapons called Revolver Swords, the Standard Bayonet is a large blade with a firing mechanism attached to the back capable of firing one round every two seconds. Its effectiveness against multiple weight classes makes it popular, despite the fact its rushed production resulted in a large size and bulky weight.

Eastern Bayonet - This bayonet produced by a caravan company on the Frontier puts emphasis on weight and design, forgoing a bulky firing mechanism in favor of a single-shot multi-launcher on the back of a sleek, light-weight blade. The multi-launcher can load different types of bullets with unique effects, giving it a great deal of variety on the battlefield despite taking a long time to load.
Antares

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 12/11/11 - Weapons for X-Ma

I'm thinking of disabling weaponry. It's not as sexy as swords, but could be of use.

Like e.g. a metal-mesh web launcher with a cord to the launcher's battery, that can provide the target with a severe electric shock if doesn't understand to behave once netted. AKA KA-3 Shock Mesh Launcher.

Adhesive-shotgun, uses small pellets of industrial adhesive to slow down target movement. Specifically aimed, like the Sheridan Needly Gun, at the joints, where the effect is greatest. AKA Uchida Scattergun.

Shield and hammer combo; the Skopintshev Blizzard Shield, with the Skopintshev Backbreaker hammer. Tactical weaponry; the heavily reinforced shield contains nozzles for liquid nytrogen that is released at high pressure. Most often used to target joints or weapons, not the entire bulk of a hostile Frame. The area frozen by the nitrogen becomes brittle, and is easy to demolish with the hammer. A famous Battle Frame pilot lost his precious Katana to this trick. The obvious drawback of the shield is, however, that while it can work as a shield against bladed weapons, any high-explosive impact on the shield, especially from behind, stands a high likelihood of causing a catastrophic release of the nitrogen all around.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 12/14/11 - New Battle Frame

And towards the end of the work week (Four day weekend, then two weeks vacation~!), I finish a new mecha!

This is the new Standard Medium Frame for Frame Crash. Alas the Archer-inspired Standard Medium is gone, but it shall return as the Archer Frame somewhere along the line.

6. NB/TF01 Standard Medium (3D)
Standard Medium Frame Production Colors

Also I just realized I never put the Sheridan up here, so I'll include a link to that, too.

5. MD-YTGX1 Sheridan (3D)
Sheridan Light Frame Original Colors
Antares wrote:I'm thinking of disabling weaponry.
Aye, I do have a couple descriptions for weapons used to disable, but these are nice too. I especially like the adhesive gun to gum up joints. I'll have to whip up a design for some of these later.
tehprognoob

I see a trace of Strike Noir in the Sheridan

Turinu

Messing around with and trying to get used to using VRay.

Was just playing around a bit; made a nice lil' warehouse hangar (Devoid of most hangar-like things). It looks more like a tiny bedroom than a hangar, lol.

Swords on the side were from the Reyrand, and on the bottom is a "Dark" version of Seraphic's Katana from his Custom Leo (Mainly cause' the nearly pure white one I made was coming out like one big giant solid in the render).
tehprognoob

As always, I am amazed by your supply of free time...
But shouldn't the swords be sheathed?