Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/30/2018 - Various Mecha Stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Antares

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 12/19/10 - MOAR WEAPONZ

Way to go Shori, attempt#1 hit it right on the mark. The circle-like handguard around the weapon for the blades to fold in and out from fits my visual idea of the weapon perfectly. Don't worry about adding the cable; it would probably coil in inside the handguard. The second picture was ery cool too but I think I prefer the first one. While the second is more basic in its design and more plausible as such, the first looks like it's better equipped to do all the feats it is supposed to in battle. And you got it right with the beam edge; it is indeed more like an anti-ship sword that a full beam saber.

Thanks very much for both of these, I'm left wondering if I could do you a favor in return. Maybe work in something for you into the rewrite of my fic? :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 12/19/10 - MOAR WEAPONZ

It's all good. If you wanna do that, go right ahead. But don't you want me to color the weapon first? XD
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 1/8/11 - FIRST WORK OF THE

The new year means new works! To top it off the first post of my thread has been cleaned up. I removed about 20 or so franken links to shrink the length of the post. Do not fret, those who wish to use my frankens; all the currently listed frankens can be found at the Arcwalde Archives, here.

I've also removed a few sections due to such (Other, Ships and Wallpapers are gone... Ships has been eaten by Frankens and thus can be found on the Franken Works page at the Archives). This was mainly due to dead links; I'll be getting new links up for broken ones soon.

Now, onto the candy of this post!

-----------------------

Now, I've attempted to start making a transformable combination mecha to compliment Illsteir's Feuerkaiser on two occasions (Can check his out on Illsteir's DA). I think this is the first time I actually like the result of how I'm progressing with it.

10. ARC-V01/e Ventus Transformable Air Craft (3D)
Ventus Original Production Colors
Ventus Cockpit and Hatch
Ventus Cockpit Block, Backpack Mode
Ventus Automated Gun Pods (contain low-output rapid fire laser guns), capable of Independent Flight
Ventus Craft Legs Transformed

The Ventus Transformable Air Craft. A High-altitude craft capable of achieving escape velocity relatively fast, fully capable of long-distance space flight. Uses techno-babble unexplainable thruster technology to do this. It's very fast, and comes equipped with four low-output laser guns for taking out missiles and lightly armored targets, as well as a pair of high-output particle cannons located underneath the legs of the craft. The four laser guns can actually dismount from the craft (Just like Gun barrels) and perform wirelessly, fully capable of independent flight. When transforming into components for the combination mecha, it becomes the legs and part of the backpack.

It's about 1.5 times smaller than my previous attempts, which is a good thing, =D.
tehprognoob

I suggest you learn SketchyPhysics, if you have not done so already since you told me about your hinging. It has been very useful to me in what little modeling I still do.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Turinu

Aye, I already utilize SketchyPhysics, though I don't really need it much when it comes to constructing the mecha. I only use it when I want to make movable parts like spinning gears (Like what I did for my new franken work archive). Otherwise, I do make use of its pre-made shape tools from time to time.
tehprognoob

you know, it is possible to create static hinges for SketchyPhysics. I've created the entire, mobile upper body of a human-ish pile of boxes and made the arms and head be able to move in a creepily nonhuman way. Just set acceleration to zero. And you can also make your mech walk on a floor, which is cool, though I'm still new at it lol.

Turinu

And here's a giant aerial fortress I've thrown together, which the Ventus and its fellow combination crafts operate out of:

Aerial Carrier Fortress Garuda

Twenty-six entrances for aircraft of varying sizes, nine large runways and one area for VTOLs and helicopters on the rear. The underside features a station-style docking ring for larger ships needing to dock to resupply. While I haven't added them (And probably never will due to laziness), it has a bunch of anti-air guns all over its top and bottom. The only visible weapons I placed are fairly large particle guns, capable of angling downward up to nine degrees and full 360 degree rotation due to a balljoint-style base.

It can house thousands upon thousands of people within, with everything from living quarters and recreational areas to operating rooms for weapons, several secondary bridges, so on and so forth. It's extremely massive and thus extremely slow. It has thrusters on it to move forward or turn left and right, but that's about it. It utilizes several super-sized versions of the gravitic pulse engines (Old versions of the more extremely compact type used in the Ventus to fly) in order to remain afloat.

Once I get around to coloring it up and adding all the minor details I'll add it to my list.
tehprognoob

that is an ugly, overly complex, and more than awesome design.
I wish I had it in my garage.

Antares

Sorry for neglecting your thread; if you want to color the blades you did for me that would be nice, but they're already quite sufficient for me and I wouldn't want to intrude on your time. :)

The Garuda, it might use a few flak guns top-side to protect the launching craft, maybe? Otherwise it looks damn imposing.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
DeathTheKid88

Can I make a request? I don't have time to read through everything to see if you take them or not,if I may,can you make a franken with the head of the Hyaku Shiki,the body of the Wing Zero,but remove the wings and replace them with the Aile Strikes backpack? If you can make it all red please :D Thanks
DeathTheKid88

Can I make a request? I don't have time to read through everything to see if you take them or not,if I may,can you make a franken with the head of the Hyaku Shiki,the body of the Wing Zero,but remove the wings and replace them with the Aile Strikes backpack? If you can make it all red please :D Thanks
tehprognoob

Turinu

DeathTheKid88 wrote:Can I make a request? I don't have time to read through everything to see if you take them or not,if I may,can you make a franken with the head of the Hyaku Shiki,the body of the Wing Zero,but remove the wings and replace them with the Aile Strikes backpack? If you can make it all red please :D Thanks
Sorry to say that I don't really tackle requests, nor do I really work on frankens anymore. I have a bunch of requests that I still need to fulfill for a friend that I'll probably never get around to, to boot. Sorry man, hopefully you can find someone in the Lineart Request Thread.
Turinu

Turinu's Design Compendium - 2/9/11 - New 3D Mecha Complete!

Finished the Reyrand! Well, for the most part. A recent decision on making various different "forms" to the Reyrand has me eventually making three other variants (Basic, Heavy, Burst), but for the most part -this- Reyrand is finally done, XD. I've included all the weapons (Plus several more) from one of my previous posts in this thread, with updated descriptions and larger pictures.

Word of Warning: Wall of Text! Possibly my biggest one yet in this thread! For all the pretty graphical goodness without the juicy techno-babble, just click the links.

11. LDC17-9001/A Reyrand (3D)
Reyrand Front and Back Production Colors

Designated Name: Reyrand
Production Number: LDC17-9001/A
Machine Origin: Laedaemon Colony 9th District
Unit Type: 17th Generation Machina First Type Phase Transfer Satellite Unit
Frame Type: 17th Generation Laedaemon Reyrand Frame
Armor Type: AGC102/V2 Titanium Composite Honeycomb Suite
Core Type : AKER1-C1789 Machina Core
Cockpit Type: Arsene B21-17/ldc179001a Variable Control Cockpit
Propulsion Type: NB-17GMT1 RP-Booster x 1, located on upper back; NB-17GST15 Performance Thruster x 4, located on legs and skirts; NB-15GVT27 Vector Emitters x many
Operating System(s): Victorus OS v.6.5.1; R-AI Navigation, Control and Balance Interface; PTS-System Interface; Adaptive Construct System (ACS)
Sensors: MRT-8200 Short-range sensors, range 15,000 meters; LDC17-870DC Multi-functional Cameras
Equipment and Design Features: Phase Transfer Satellite Transceiver, located in Machina Core; ACS-Compatible Modular Armor System
Initial Armaments: Solste Breaker Blade x 2, located on side skirts in phase transferable mounts; LDW-EX51/v Short Throwing Beam Saber x 6, located in phase transferable recharge racks on back skirts; LDS-EX29/r Shoulder Shield x 2

Technological and Historical Notes:

Built in the 9th District in the Laedaemon Manufacturing Colony, the Reyrand is the first 17th Generation Machina and the only one to implement a Phase Transfer Satellite Transceiver. Originally designed as a testbed unit for pioneering new weapons and modular armor technologies during the design phase, the introduction of the Phase Transfer technology drastically enhanced the finalized concept of the machine. Through the utilization of this one-of-a-kind piece of technology, the Reyrand became able to transport objects to its location with a 0.00001% margin of error, by bending space between itself and the object in question for near instantaneous transference. Because the machine was modular in nature with easily removable parts and armor, the system could be used to quickly switch out damaged sections following a battle for hasty yet precise repairs. This allowed for a great deal of adaptability to multiple combat situations, environment and even pilots. Equipped with a highly complex learning computer called the Adaptive Construct System, battle data could be collected on a pilot's skills and various habits. This data could be used to construct new parts using the Reyrand's default parts as a template, better designed to match a pilot's skill and thus further bringing out their capability.

Following the production of the Reyrand, a large satellite was constructed around an asteroid pulled into orbit. This satellite would eventually become known as the Phase Transfer Satellite; within the body of the satellite were a number of facilities solely dedicated to supplying the Reyrand. From storing various weapons or a large number of replacement parts, it could perform many tasks beneficial to the Reyrand. Utilizing the asteroid for resources, it could even replicate weapons, allowing the Reyrand to utilize more than one of the same weapon at once. This replication extended to parts as well, capable of producing arms and legs in case the satellite ran out of replacements. With the Adaptive Construct System, it could take apart said parts and completely redesign them with a new design focus; increasing their stability, reducing armor, adding thrusters; various adjustments to better mold the Reyrand to fit the pilot like a glove. Utilizing the second only known Phase Transfer Core, the satellite was bound to the Reyrand; this prevented any unknown elements from accessing the system and utilizing its features, making it exclusive to the Reyrand. Taking full advantage of the satellite, the Reyrand was fully capable of participating in battle after battle and did so until its disappearance following the end of the Gatekeepers War after switching hands between several different pilots.

Terminology:

Model Number LDC17-9001/A: Reyrand's Model Number. Consists of the colony it was created at (Laedaemon Colony), its roll out generation (17th Generation), District of Production (Ninth District), and Unit Number (001).

Frame Type 17th Generation Laedaemon Reyrand Frame: Machinas can be built utilizing a single frame with different external appearances and features. The Reyrand utilizes its own original frame; a top-of-the-line 17th Generation Frame. This particular frame is highly reinforced and capable of precise movements; even if the exterior armor is damaged, it takes quite the beating to fracture this Frame.

Armor Type AGC102/V2 Titanium Composite Honeycomb Suite: A metal composite produced at Arcadine General Colony; a colony that manufactures a variety of general materials. AGC102 is a popular and cheap titanium composite; light and with minimum durability. The /V2 extension indicates "Version Two". In this case, the metal plating for the Reyrand has been optimized to allow its use in a honeycomb configuration. From a distance, the armor plating appears perfectly seamless.

Core Type ACER1-C1789 Machina Core: An expensive, high-output Machina Core produced by Arcwalde Colony's Energy Research division. This 17th Generation Model has been modified specifically for the Reyrand; slightly larger than your average core, it has been rigged together with the Phase Transfer Transceiver, which actually enhances its power output and allows the Reyrand to utilize otherwise incompatible parts that drain too much energy.

Cockpit Type Arsene B21-17/ldc179001a Variable Control Cockpit: A cockpit produced on Laedaemon Colony specifically for the Reyrand, referred to as the Arsene. It derives influence from the LDC-B21-15 Cockpit, though it has been considerably upgraded with newer systems and more sensitive controls for more precise actions. Variable Control indicates it is capable of being controlled through manual input with the aid of a neural link or AI-Support. Manual Control is recommended to build up experience.

Propulsion Type NB-17GMT1 RP-Booster: A High-performance 17th generation booster rolled out just for the Reyrand, produced by No Boundary Technologies on Housen Colony in conjunction with General Machina Tech. The primary thruster of the Reyrand, it produces an output several times greater than its other thrusters. It is capable of an "over-boost" function for several seconds in order to drastically increase speed and reduce distance to targets.

Propulsion Type NB-17GST15 Performance Thruster: Thrusters built by No Boundary Technologies for the new line of 17th Generation Machinas; not just the Reyrand. They're the fifteenth variant of a General Support Thruster Design, capable of both a high and stable output to compliment the primary thruster.

Propulsion Type NB-15GVT27 Vector Emitters: Concealed beneath the exterior armor are a number of pulse emitters that allow for quick directional changes in space. Pioneered on the 15th Generation Labor Machina Richter, which was designed for maneuvering in heavy debris fields, the pulse emitters were expensive, but highly efficient for swift maneuvering in hazardous locations. The Reyrand utilizes an older model of the Vector Emitters with a higher output and energy demand, but drastically increased performance.

Operating System Victorus OS v.6.5.1: A state of the art operating system introduced in 16th Generation Machina cockpits that drastically eases the stress of a complex computer system that plagued 11th - 15th Generation Machinas. It handles most complex equations put out by various other systems in the cockpit utilizing a virtual intelligence. Version 6.5.1 is a bit buggy, as it's designed to operate in conjunction with several other systems, some utilizing artificial intelligence. The communication between the various systems can create minor lag that hinders actions when utilizing neural links or Artificial Intelligence support; one of the reasons why it's recommended to rely on manual control.

Operating System R-AI Navigation, Control and Balance Interface: Reyrand's Artificial Intelligence, "RAI", which aids with navigation, control and auto-balancing features. A female voice interface which interacts and communicates with the pilot, it's RAI's job to maintain balance with the various operating systems of the Reyrand. Learning to work with RAI and getting to know its habits can steadily enhance performance of the system as one gets more in tune with its actions.

Operating System PTS-System Interface: The operating system that handles Phase Transfer System Protocols. Connected directly to the Phase Transfer Core, it is an interface that allows the pilot to rapidly select a weapon through a menu or voice recognition, then transports the weapon to the Reyrand from the satellite with a 0.00001% margin of error. It also handles the transference of replacement parts and equipment and is indirectly tied into the ACS.

Operating System Adaptive Construct System (ACS): A 17th Generation Learning Computer that picks up on its users combat experience, skill and habits, transforming them into raw data and sending it to the satellite for in-depth calculations. This system is a passive system that constantly updates the Reyrand's body parts to better match the performance of the pilot. For instance, the Reyrand usually resets to "default form" when a new pilot is selected and over time, replaces the parts with customized parts with equipment such as thrusters or reinforced interiors for better stability. It takes about two weeks for the Reyrand to switch from its default form into a form more suitable for its current pilot; afterward periodic minor updates are performed on the frame between battles, causing the Reyrand to "grow" as its pilot grows in experience. The ACS tends to conflict with the Victorus OS during these updates, rendering the Reyrand unusable for several minutes before the upgrades are registered.

Sensors MRT-8200 Short-range sensors: Making use of powerful short-range sensors, the Reyrand is optimized for close range combat. Designed by Marker Research Technologies for precision mining in hazardous asteroid fields, they can detect objects and incoming attacks up to 15,000 meters away with clear precision. Several features, such as a ground sonar and frequency detector, are only capable of being utilized on terrestrial surfaces.

Sensors LDC17-870DC Multi-functional Cameras: A dual-eye multi-functional camera suite uncommon amongst Machinas. Features a variety of camera modes such as infrared and electromagnetic view sights. Even if one of the eyes is damaged, redundant systems in the head allows it to continue functioning, even if the image is broken up and important parts no longer function. It takes some time for the Satellite to repair these cameras when broken, as it takes some time to replicate the parts.

Equipment and Design Features Phase Transfer Satellite Transceiver: A device of unknown origin; essentially a "black box" inside the Reyrand. Constructed from ruins exumed from the surface of the planet, it took several years to reverse engineer and understand the technology enough to replace damaged parts. At a staggering cost enough to produce several dozen Machinas, two transceivers were produced from these remains; one placed in the Reyrand, another in the satellite. This device utilizes a unique function that connects space between the two transceivers no matter the distance. It was planned to make several more pairs for other 17th Generation Units; however the production cost and sheer time it takes to make just one eventually scrapped the idea. The transceiver is built directly into the Machinas Core and thus is in one of the most protected places on the machine next to the cockpit.

Equipment and Design Features ACS-Compatible Modular Armor System: The Reyrand's Frame has been outfitted with hard points or detachable areas that allow quick and easy replacement of damaged parts, or the transference of whole limbs to be replaced. The body is also designed to equip a variety of new armor pieces and equipment, self-adjusting for the change in mass and size.

Weapons:

Current Weapons: 27/~36

Standard Swords

1. Slyph's Sword: A swift, agile blade that is fairly standard, considered the offensive variant of the Solste Breaker Blades. The blade mounts an oscillation device to allow an easier means to strike and cut through objects. Produced as a secondary weapon for the 16th Generation High-mobility Sylph Machina, it has since seen standard production and is quite frequently used by many other Machina, including the Reyrand.

2. Ironhide Sword: A rather simple blade made from a large piece of iron with a sharp titanium rim. Not designed for any particular Machina, it was produced by the Phase Transfer Satellite as a relatively easy to produce and disposable weapon for the Reyrand Burst, which carried a large number of replicated weapons on its frame. The Ironhide Sword is such a cheap and inexpensive weapon that the Phase Transfer Satellite can replicate one every two seconds. The Reyrand Burst's pilot was quite fond of yelling out "Sword Rain" while transferring a few dozen of these swords at once above an enemy.

3. Demonrune Sword: When scientists and engineers got their hand on a piece of the gate exumed from the planets surface, it passed through many hands before its unique distortion properties were formed into a weapon. A highly effective weapon that distorts its appearance, its true length cannot be perceived except at long distances. Up close the blade distorts on cameras and sensors, its actual length only visible to the naked eye. The archaic runes on the side of the blade are a remnant from the gate that weren't removed during the process of turning it into a weapon and are currently undecipherable.

4. Heat Whip Sword: A sword with a blade segmented into several sections, connected with a strong metal cable that stiffens when internal pressure is applied, ensuring the blade maintains a straight, durable blade. When swung, the internal pressure is released and the cable goes loose, separating the blades and whipping them out at the opponent. A concealed switch on the handle sends air back into the cable, which draws the segments in and straightens out the blade. Ideal for taking on multiple enemies while surrounded.

4b. Heat Whip Sword Second Shift: The Second Shift Mode of the Heat Whip Sword. The standard blade segments are replaced with a different segment type, which is similar in design aside from a red arrow mark and a sharp hook on the edge. This variant ensnares an enemy as it gets hooked to their armor. The blade segments can then be detached from the sword handle, which detonates the miniature bombs located in the segments. Discarding the segments and causing them to explode makes the weapon useless afterward until it transfers in the standard blade segments, returning it to normal mode.

5. Chainsaw Sword: A massive two-handed sword with a rotating edge consisting of warped talon-shaped blades capable of tearing apart the thickest of armors. Made from the same material as the Rirasaontes, these talons heat up when exposed to an atmosphere, drastically increasing their deadly potential. The heat it produces in conjunction with its high-speed rotation tends to overheat the weapon quite frequently; however, anything it comes in contact with is torn apart into a ragged mess across the battlefield. Used extensively by the Reyrand Heavy, which always carried the weapon into battle holding it over its shoulder.

Defensive Swords

1. Solste Breaker Blades: Basic defensive swords produced for the Reyrand Basic. These flat swords are specifically designed for catching and breaking other swords between the gaps in the blade, using a combination of forcefully twisting the blade on top of a high-speed oscillation device to vibrate the enemy sword and shatter it at a weak point. It's designed on the same principle as the Sylph's Sword, utilizing an oscillation device to enhance cutting power, though the technology in the Solste Blades is more recent and efficient.

2. Crest Shield Sword: A sword in the form of a shield, this long, flat blade is made from durable materials with a slither of reinforced titanium edges designed more for bashing rather than slashing. A rotating center allows it to spin at high speeds, allowing it to deflect incoming fire or to catch and throw swords out of the enemy's hands. The design of the Crest Sword came from a weapon used quite frequently by a 15th Generation Machina utilized in colony defense, though it's somewhat smaller with a faster rotation speed. It was designed specifically for the 16th Generation Machina Rend in place of a shield.

3. Nisiaer Scimitar: Designed during an attempt to replicate Durendals indestructible durability, the Nisiaer is a curved flat blade with a sharp edge that fell just short of matching the Durendals power. Unlike most Defensive Swords, the Nisiaer is capable of swift, fluid motion and powerful strikes. It is even capable of being thrown like a boomerang, spinning at high speeds as it strikes its target; though rather than returning to its user by turning around, it phase transfers back into the hand of the Reyrand. It is effective as a shield against most forms of particle attacks and basic ballistics, but requires restoration maintenance if used as a shield.

4. Amaexl Shield Sword: Designed around the Crest Shield Sword while implementing new technology and materials, the Amaexl is hailed as the "ultimate defense" even above the Durendal, due to its ease of use. While it maintains the rotary capabilities of the Crest Sword, it's much slower. Rather it deploys a particle shield emitter that can intercept and disintegrate most ballistic attacks while dissipating particle attacks; anything that gets through this shield strikes against the highly durable physical build, which is two times thicker than the Crest Sword. Covered in an anti-beam coating, the shield can even take direct strikes from powerful beam swords to an extent, though not as much as the Durendal.

5. Durendal: Referred to as the "Ultimate Defensive Sword", the Durendal is a weapon brought from Earth that precedes Machina development, suggesting that humanoid machinations were in use long before Machina development. Made from an unknown material, the Durendal is most notable for being "indestructible", capable of receiving any attack without so much as a scratch. It's rumored during the initial strike against the colonies by the Gatekeepers, the Reyrand Heavy took the Durendal and intercepted a massive particle blast aimed at one of the colonies, cutting it in half and sending it out into deep space, successfully defending the colony. The downside to the Durendal is its massive size and weight; nearly triple the size of any other sword and several times the mass. No other Reyrand type can utilize this weapon without making use of the Reyrand Heavy's arms.

Katana

1. White Lion Katana: A sword made for use by a single unique Machina produced several decades ago known as the "White Lion". The Machina was never mass produced, utilizing an older 13th Generation Frame no longer considered capable amongst the newer 15th and 16th Generation Frames. The katana is made from a unique snow white metal with a soft blue glow when exposed to sunlight. Designed for use against particle weapons, the White Lion Katana is coated in a highly effective beam coating that gives it an edge over particle swords. When swung, the unique grooved design of the blade causes it to release a sound like that of a lion roaring.

1b. White Lion Katana Second Shift: A secondary form of the White Lion Katana, which activates anti-gravity emitters in the hilt and hand guard. Originally thought to be technology too hard to mass produce at the time, anti-gravity emitters were highly expensive and hard to produce in such a compact form. These devices essentially triple the striking force of the katana for several minutes, allowing it to cut through powerful particle attacks and slice through armor with ease, at the cost of greatly warping the blade. Afterward the weapon requires extensive maintenance, from replacing the blade to the application of anti-beam coating.

2. Blackrock Katana: A katana forged from an uncommon metal material extracted from nearly pitch-black asteroids commonly referred to as Blackrock. Referred to as the "Metal Cutter", Blackrock is a metal material that resonates in a unique fashion with other metal materials, such as steel or titanium. When the katana is in close proximity to objects made from these materials, they begin to naturally oscillate as the katana begins to effect them. As such, the katana is easily capable of breaking these objects. Blackrock is very weak to direct heat however; even the most basic particle swords or attacks can easily cut the weapon apart.

3. Stasis Katana: Produced for a 16th Generation Machina that never made it past the prototype phase, the Stasis Katana is a unique weapon that makes use of an ice-like synthetic material as a blade. When the fragile blade makes contact with a hard surface, the blade shatters and attempts to immediately re-connect the bonds between the material on a molecular level. This causes the blade to rapidly freeze over objects in this extremely cold material that causes various metal materials to become brittle. In cold environments the blades effectiveness is doubled, while it's practically useless against weapons utilizing heat properties.

4. Rirasaontes Katana: Designed by a number of sword smiths back on Earth during an intense warring era, this massive katana was to be an offering to the gods to bring an end to the war, which was threatening life on Earth. It's unknown if the offering was ever effective, but the weapon was eventually placed on a colony ship headed out into deep space. The Rirasaontes is made from a very durable material that naturally heats up when exposed to sunlight, causing it to emit a soft orange glow. Even though the blade looks very old and worn, it retains its sharpness after thousands of years, leading many to believe it's just as indestructible as the Durendal.

5. ERS Katana: A large katana nearly twice the size of any other katana, featuring several high-output rockets integrated directly onto the blade on its backside. Equipped with an anti-gravity emitter in its guard, the weight of the ERS (Experimental Rocket Sword) Katana is drastically reduced, allowing it to be swung with ease while striking with several times the force of any other weapon, thanks to the rockets mounted on its back. Said to be able to cleave through anything, the ERS Katana is an intimidating weapon used by the Reyrand Heavy to cut many Machina in two almost seamlessly.

Beam Sabers

1. Short Throwing Sabers: Small hand-held sabers produced for the Reyrand Burst by the Phase Transfer Satellite. Designed to fit in between the fingers or held in the hand, these Short Throwing Sabers emit a particle blade half the length of other beam sabers. The Reyrand Burst originally mounted twelve of these around its mid-section, though the Reyrand Swift makes use of only six. Very light and easily concealed, they can be rapidly pulled out from their compartments and thrown at enemies, quickly disabling them. After being thrown, the sabers have enough charge in the handle to actively maintain the particle blade for five more minutes.

1b. Short Throwing Saber Second Shift: The secondary mode of the Short Throwing Saber, which equips the sabers with a mid-range autonomous flight system for seeking and taking down targets at a distance greater than what they are normally capable of when thrown. Equipped with a kinetic amplifier, as they move in straight lines they continue to build up force at the base of the flight system. With enough kinetic force built up, a single throwing saber can strike a Heavy Machina and easily knock it off its feet. They can operate for 2.5 minutes independently. When stuck into an enemy, the flight system is designed to self-destruct, inflicting even more damage.

2. Reyrand Beam Saber: The standard beam sabers designed for the Reyrand Swift, which store in hidden compartments built into the shoulders. They emit a unique curved blade with a flat back edge with a rather stable particle stream compared to the Short Throwing Saber and the Blood-red Beam Saber. They have a rather standard output and are capable of clashing against other particle weapons. There is nothing really outstanding about the weapon, though its design and weight make it quite useful as a basic weapon.

3. Blood-red Beam Saber: A powerful beam saber with an unstable particle blade bathed in a blood-red color. The particle blade is very thick and unstable and is capable of overpowering older beam sabers thanks to its high output, severing their particle flow and striking the Machina behind them directly. When activated, the blade continues to build up "junk particles" that increase the width of the blade, which can actually become dangerous to the Reyrand. The saber is capable of purging the entire blade at this point, sending off a red mass of particles at an enemy that eventually dissipates if it doesn't strike its intended target. Afterward, it takes several seconds for the blade to recharge and activate.

3b. Blood-red Beam Saber Second Shift, "Executioner's Scythe": Referred to as the "Executioner's Scythe", this secondary form of the Blood-red saber is designed to make use of its "particle shedding" properties, creating a scythe-like particle emission with quite the intimidating appearance. The attachment to the sword provides a secondary power generator, allowing it to maintain its particle blade even after it sheds excess junk particles. As such the Scythe form can essentially throw a crescent wave of particles at the enemy with each swing and just as quickly move in with an activated particle blade and cut down the enemy as they try to avoid the initial attack. Many Machina have faced execution beneath its blood-red gaze.

4. Heavy Particle Saber: A unique beam saber with a purple hue. Much like the Reyrand's Beam Sabers and the Extense Saber, it maintains a stable particle blade with a unique lance-like emission. Unlike most beam sabers, which are plasma encased in a special electromagnetic field to maintain its form, the Heavy Particle Saber produces high-heat particles with mass. As such, it's especially effective at overpowering beam shields, easily passing through them and striking directly at the target. It also emits these particles at the back-end of the blade, giving it a unique appearance that allows the unit to strike with both ends of the blade.

5.Extense Beam Saber: As simple as it is elegant, the Extense Beam Saber is a weapon that makes use of Gatekeeper Technology, produced from materials transported back to the Phase Transfer Satellite that were eventually fashioned into a weapon. The Extense Beam Saber has no seams of moving parts; it doesn't even have a port to emit particles. However, the blueish white core near the tip of the blade emits a soft low-output blade similar in shape to the Reyrand's Beam Sabers. This low-output particle blade is capable of extending outward to great distances, the largest distance measuring in at over two hundred meters in length. Despite being a low-output blade, it can just as easily cut metal as any other blade, but isn't too effective at breaking through beam shields or other particle weapons.

Sets

1. Guardian's Heart and Soul: A pair of traditional oriental blades made from a light metal material, going so far as to have the handles hand-carved from ancient white oaks from Earth. The metal contained in the blades resonate together, creating a magnetic field around each blade that repels other objects or even particles away from them. When the weapons are not used in unison, that attribute is lost and they become extremely weak blades. It's said so long as the user wields them together, no attack will penetrate their body; however if used separately and the blades eventually break, misfortune shall befall the user.

3. Pressurized Sword and Scabbard: A sword and its scabbard, both designed as weapons specifically for the use of the Reyrand Swift. When the primary blade is in the scabbard, it locks tight and begins to build up air pressure within the scabbard. When drawn from the scabbard, it emits a sharp air pressure that can easily cut through lightly armored Machina or damage heavier ones. The scabbard too is designed as a sword and acts in a defensive role to the primary sword. Next to the Rirasaontes and Nisiaer, this weapon is the most used by the Reyrand Swift out of most other weapons, commonly kept stored on its main back rack.

Miscellaneous

1. Explosive Knives: Used and carried frequently by the Reyrand Burst, Explosive Knives were originally a mining utensil used by late 14th Generation Machina. It was fairly simple to place them in the crevice of a rock and detonate them to clear the rock away. These particular Explosive Knives are a bit more advanced, made from an explosive material that ignites when the slightest spark occurs. If that spark doesn't occur, a microchip with a timer is implanted at the base of ever knife that sets the knife to explode the split second after it fails to ignite on contact with a target. Because they're made with explosives and computer components, even though they're smaller in size it takes a bit longer to produce them compared to the Ironhide Sword. Reyrand Burst frequently had synthetic cloth containers on its backside carrying dozens of these knives.

----------------------------------------------------------

Yay! Reyrand complete! Techno-garble Terminology Complete~!
Strike Zero

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 2/9/11 - New 3D Mecha Compl

KING OF ROBOTS, DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH SWORDS~~~?!?!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Turinu

AS I PRAY.

Can never have enough swords... was originally supposed to have over one hundred. >_>
tehprognoob

i will take a stark jegan, load its zook with nukes and defeat every sword on the list, except the big indestructible thing.

Strike Zero

No, you won't. Swords > Nukes, period.

When the A Reynard summons its swords out of hyperspace, all of them materialize around it at the same time like some sort of awesome floating giant robot sword rack, yes? If not, I will be sorely disappoint. =(
Spoiler
j/k.

Mostly. :P
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Turinu

Actually, I was totally contemplating something like a hole in space tearing open and this large cylindrical object with moving gears and smoke slamming into the ground out from said hole, rotating and opening up to reveal a large number of swords for the Reyrand to choose from. But I decided against it, D:

So they pretty much materialize either in the air within arms reach from the Reyrand or directly into the hand and so long as those weapons remain within a hundred meter radius from the Reyrand, they can be transported back up to the satellite or back to the Reyrand.

... Still need to get around to designing the satellite itself and putting all the swords inside of it. :o
illsteir

That's a lot of swords you got there o_O