Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/30/2018 - Various Mecha Stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - 2/9/11 - New 3D Mecha Compl

Indeed. It was an excuse to pretty much make lots of weapons to improve my weapon-making skills, for when I start making all of my RP Forums weapons (Which'll also include weapons like guns, shields, spears, lances, etc... Fun times!)
Thermolysis

So you're making this for RP.

Have you ever thought about teaming up with a programmer and making some sort of game? It's always been a dream of mine.
This machine has undergone numerous refinements.
Turinu

I've been offered a job like that through DeviantArt once by a guy putting an SRW-esque game together, but after looking into it a bit it didn't seem like an occupation that'd net me many opportunities..

Not to say I don't want such a thing to happen. I'd love to see this forum RPG of mine blossom into a fun PC game some day. Though if that were to happen, all the weapons and parts would have to be drastically redesigned for PC gaming standards, such as a lower poly count and more simple and functional joints. xD
Thermolysis

I meant as like a side-hobby, a passion play. That's all that motivates me--well, aside from building up my portfolio. I'm a dedicated artist, though.

Eh, if you were seriously interested in game design, I'm sure that would've been a great starting point.

Also, do you plan to make any support vehicles? I have not looked at the entire thread, and assume it's all mecha so far.
This machine has undergone numerous refinements.
Turinu

So far I've designed a single support vehicle for the RPG, with more to come (Like Air Ships n' such).

Here's the link to it on my Deviant Art Account, and I think it's somewhere listed in my initial post.
ydawg314

Really though shori if you ever need a programmer pm me :)
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Turinu

My next frame in progress! The Tank Frame!

Tank Heavy Frame Incomplete

Will probably be completed around the same time as the Boxer Medium Frame.

I think it's pretty obvious what both of them will be capable of. :o
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - Greeat Spaace Raace! Reques

I'm in a big mood to design ships lately, but I don't have very many ideas. I'm pooling what I do piece together on the title of "Great Space Race~!"

So I'm going to be making a bunch of ships to go along with that title, and I Want You! to toss upon me your ship ideas for me to translate into a 3D Design in Sketchup.

So make your requests! All I need is a sketch really. You can do it on paper or throw something together on MS Paint, so long as it has basic shape and detail I'll see what I can do about designing the ship. Make sure to include a name for your ship!

Can't guarantee I'll get to all requests but I'll definitely try to do a few. This is actually my first time advertising my services via requests ever (Sad, I know).

Here's a few of the designs I've pieced together already for this title:

Verdure Class Transport Aquamarine

A late 21st century transport ship design. One of the first public transportation ships featuring a gravitic warp engine for interplanetary travel. Three centuries later the ship is no longer in use; the Aquamarine however is a Verdure Class ship that's been heavily customized. Taking advantage of its lightweight frame and large engine space, its old single engine drive and gravitic warp drive have been replaced with modern military-grade twin engine cores and quad-engine warp drives. Measuring at nearly twice the size of modern transport ships, its frame design and engine output allows it to be faster and more maneuverable than a great deal of modern ships.

Inter-System Space Freighter

This modern space freighter is designed with an ultra-compact gravitic warp engine in order to perform inter-system cargo delivery. Capable of attaching hundreds of cargo blocs to the back of the shuttle, it can ferry an extremely large quantity of goods across the galaxy. For every two blocs added to the frame, a thruster engine block is added to compensate for the additional length and mass. The front shuttle features a cockpit for two and a single large cabin behind the cockpit for lounging and other activities while on long journeys across the Milky Way. The freighter shuttle is capable of detaching and operating independently from the rest of the body, with its own warp drive and engines.

----------------

So yeah, toss me your requests! Doesn't necessarily have to be a non-combative ship either, feel free to give me warships or even different freighter designs, too! All kind of ship requests welcome so long as it isn't too ridiculous. =D
Antares

Liking them both, but I'd say the freighter is better. It looks like it's more practical in its design, ready for business to get the hauling job done. The Aquamarine felt a little too sleek, too smooth. Hey, maybe it's the Aquamarine for the 21st century rich and the freighter for the rest? :D
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Turinu

Technically speaking the Freighter is more practical. It's a 23rd/24th century design that when compared to the Verdure Class, is far more advanced despite its simplistic design. Its engines are smaller and more efficient with great output and its gravitic drive is ultra compact (Those four cylindrical parts on the side of the Aquamarine are its gravitic warp drives).

There's a 200+ year technological gap between the two. Aquamarine is still the faster and more mobile though, since it's a custom Verdure Class ship featuring modern military-grade engines and warp drives in place of its 200+ year old crappy civilian-produced inefficient engines and drives.

Also rather than just responding, make a request for a ship! D:
Antares

Alright. :)
Please design for me a closed-type cylinder colony modified into a massive mobile carrier. Needs engines, all kinds of funny re-fitted parts that aim to make the colony-carrier more durable and better armed, but it should still show underneath that it is a civillian colony. You can add a few ships or mobile suits beside it to add a sense of scale.

Still on the Aquamarine; it looks like a unique ship, and as such it would do well, but if it just one ship of a line, it's still too glittery for my taste. :D
Turinu

Well, it is one ship now. There's only one Verdure Class left and that's it. But back in the day there was plenty of them. They were pretty much Jumbo Jets used by inter-planetary airliners, lol. I guess you could say back in those days travel between planets for civilians would've been pretty expensive, so maybe it was just for rich people. :P

Closed-Type Cylinder Colony... An O'Neil, in the shape of a ship? Kinda sounds like my old Masamune Adamant, lol. I'll see what I can do.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

That sounds really cool man. If it's no problem I think it'd be awesome to see one of my few spaceship designs done by you.

http://strikerougemk2.deviantart.com/ga ... 4#/d2zoe0d
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Turinu

Woo, cool beans! Even has multiple views! =D

Seems like it'll be quite the challenge making this ship, but I'll try my best! =D
Antares

Yeah an O'Neil -type would do fine too. They might even have kept the mirrors. ;)

If that doesn't do it for you, I can figure out something else. :)
Turinu

Yar, no worries. Already began on yours after doing a bit of research on Colonies/Closed-type Colonies. =D

Anyways, here's one of my first fulfilled requests:

Dart Class Alchemic Reaction

My friend's been watching too much Full Metal Alchemist lately. The design he gave me was pretty bad, but I managed to make this from that.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Oh, I hope I'm not being picky about this, but could you use a color scheme similar to this?

I just had an idea, why don't we make this sort of an art trade to promote some activity around here?

I'll take a request from you :D
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Turinu

Yar. Not being picky at all. I would hate not being able to your craft, after all. If I ever think up something for you to do, I shall indeed hit you up on that request though. =D
Last edited by Turinu on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turinu

On your request, Antares. Kinda started to try and go all out on the interior, giving it actual shape and such with hills n' mountains and even clouds~!

Antares Colony Insides

Personally like how the clouds came out.

EDIT: And here's the outside so far: Antares Colony Outside

Pretty much already shaped like a colony, just need to add a bit more detail and parts then start adding on the ship-like parts. =D
Amadi Akintunde

Think you could turn some Navy ships into space ships? My Gundam Universe will be in need of them later on in its timeline and I can't think of anything plausible or cool looking. :p