Nationality: Neo-Sweden
First deployment: FC16
Accommodation: Pilot only, in 360 degree cockpit using Mobile Trace System
Dimensions: 18.2 m
Weight: empty 9.0 metric tons; max gross 19.00 metric tons
Construction: Gundarium alloy
Multilayer material: Other
Power plant: Ultracompact fusion reactor, output rating unknown
Fixed armaments: 4 x 60mm vulcan guns mounted in head, heat chains (wrapped around forearms and fed from drums on the backs of the shoulders), 2 x beam knives stored in knee's, 2 x heat hatchets mounted on hips, large timber axe, stored on rear waist armor.
Optional hand armaments: Heavy bazooka, 8 round magazine (Extra magazines stored on front waist armor)
Ultimate Attacks: Chain slam, Hatchet barrage and Clear cut

Power: normal mode 14.5, hyper mode(+ 5) 19.5
Speed: normal mode 12.5, hyper mode 12.5
Offence: normal mode 14.5, hyper mode(+ 7) 21.5
Defense: normal mode 13.5, hyper mode 13.5
Search: normal mode 12.5, hyper mode 12.5
Adaptability: normal mode 10.5, hyper mode (- 5) 5.5

Gundam history: The Hatchet Gundam was originally designed to sport a large number of missile launchers in disposable pods all over the body, in simulations it was pitted against previous Gundam designs the Swede's had faced before, it proved to be a pure disaster, aside from having no close in weapons except for its vulcans, it was fundamentally weak because it had little or no armor. This changed when Sam was made the pilot, he had the builders strip it down and rebuild it around the idea of having powerful physical abilities and melee weapons that could be used as mid range weapons, and then gave it a heavy shell-firing bazooka to round out its long range needs.

Gundam appearance: The Hatchet Gundam is fairly plain with a white on black paint scheme, it has a special black flag on its forehead just under the V-fin and a Hatchetman symbol on its right shoulder plate to accompany Neo Sweden's symbol on the left. It is built with wide shoulders and reasonably powerful arms to allow it to wield the assortment of melee weapons it carries and stout legs to allow it to hold its ground in a brawl.

I was just wondering if you'd be willing to do something up for my mobile fighter in the Gundam fight, take your time if your willing to do it.

Heres a reference pic for what the forehead rag should look like and a Hatchetman for the right shoulder armor.
Testament

Just so you people know, I want to announce that I'll be putting the requests a little aside; recently I'm having a lot of work, so I can barely draw anything. Still, I might be able to finish one or two in a boring afternoon, or not do anything at all. Since I cannot tell when I'm gonna be able to come up with any request (due to both work and also inspiration), I'm not taking down the request sig yet.

Now, time for some new art :P
I was lurking a bit around the FMP! thread in this forum, and came across the Laevateinn profile artworks. Since Arm Slaves are such cool machines and I haven't seen any Laevateinn fanarts around, I wanted to draw it. And so I came up with a nice pose:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/52290233/

In particular, the Howitzer mode is what most interests me. The idea of an AS carrying a non-AS weapon sure gives it an aura of baddassness, but what's even more awesome is the fact that it can obliterate almost anything with it.

I liked how it came out, but the cannon is perhaps a little small. Still, I'm going to color it and then we'll see how it comes out :P
Mecha gallery | DA gallery
Original mecha designs and lineart.
Turinu

Awhh, I wish you drew it in standard lineart pose, D:. I really needed more arm slaves in order to franken the ones I'm making. D:

Aside from that, really good. I've always wanted to see what it looked like.
Testament

Well, actually there's three different pics of the Laevatein in the FMP! thread, on the Anime & Manga discussion subforum. The pose I made in particular is based on one that appeared in these pictures, only that its was so small it was barely visible. So things like the Demolition Gun aren't totally accurate.
Turinu

Thanks a lot for directing me there, I've been looking for as much Arm Slave art as possible from The Second Raid and onwards.

Now! *Cracks whip and laughs in a villain-esque tone.* Get back to work!
Testament

I've finally finished the Laevatein coloring:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/52573983/

It's in 1280x1024 resolution, so you can use it as a wallpaper as much as you want. Just do not remove the credits at the bottom :D
Testament

So long people, how's it been?

Since I've been procrastinating my gallery a little, I'd like to update it with the latest tweaks I've done to Strata. Basically it's just minor proportion adjustments, although I've also radically changed the fighting style of a FRAME.

While before it was more Gundam-esque battling, now I've decided to turn in into more of a super-robot style (although, at the same time, maintaining some real robot aspects). I've souped up the armament & equipment of Strata, making it more powerful and more loaded than before. Also, their structural integrity has increased (read as: tougher :P).

To compensate for this power, I have made almost all of its components modular; when one of them runs out of ammo or is damaged, it can be jettisoned to increase agility and reduce bulkyness. It can also serve as a distraction maneuver.

Along with these changes, I've also finally found the way to stick in the beam cannon under Strata's shield, and the shield itself now is smaller but also less oriented to covering the mecha and more to serve as a weapons plattform. Also, I wanted to add (not in the picture, I thought of it later) an ammo rack for the rocket launcher located in the rifle, so that it's still limited in ammunition, yet is more of a weapon threat. The rack is located on the right arm, like the shield, and I plan it to look similar to the one Wing gundam ver. Ka has. It also would make in for some cool maneuvers :D

Okay, enough chit chat. Here's the updated picture, along with a snippet of the evolution the FRAME concept has gone through until reaching this final stage. I'd like to hear your opinions about this, as I'm totally open to suggestions. I'm thinking of doing a small manga sometime in the future, and I hope I can share it with you guys :)

(As you can note, I've finally drawn the wings that have the blades stored in them)

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53156847

Also, here's a small sketch I did to try out heavy loadouts. Enjoy:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/52907122/
Antares

Ah, no es malo. :wink: The second one still bears the markings of being a sketch and the right V-fin (from the MS's perspective) is a little crooked in my eyes. But the first one is a very nice step-by-step piece and the concept of your FRAME is original and functional in my opinion. Keep at it! :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Ragormha

This all look great! I'm sorry I didn't check these out earlier.

How did you learn these skills, technical drawing classes?
"I don't CARE if the mechanaught can't handle it, I want Wings of Light, the few seconds it'd last and the pilot mortality would be worth it." -me, eXteel closed beta.
Testament

Nah, I started from scratch by practicing, practicing and practicing :D
If you want to get good at drawing, you must get experience the ol' way and practice as much as you can; as of now, it must've been 3 years of self-learning. In my opinion books are helpful, but you're better off looking at great people at deviantart :wink:
Ragormha

Well, kudos to you. I know people who have done courses and who have done years and years of work that aren't as good as you.
"I don't CARE if the mechanaught can't handle it, I want Wings of Light, the few seconds it'd last and the pilot mortality would be worth it." -me, eXteel closed beta.
Deathzealot

Re: Testament's lineart and drawings (Latest: ARX-8 Laevatein)

Yeah Testament are you still taking Fraken Requests? For I have an request. However if not that is fine. I shall go back to drewling over all the sweet Linearts I have found in this thread and others. Thanks.
Testament

Necromancy ahoy!

It's been a while now, so I guess it's time to retake some requests. I haven't done much all this time, and instead mostly sketching stuff here and there.

So yeah, I will be taking up requests again. While this forums is mostly about mechas, just about any kind of challenge is okay: be it mechas, people, or creatures of any kind. I can also do redesigns or drawings of frankens.
Turinu

*Swooshes in.* Oooh. In this case, first dibs! Do a drawing of the Justine Knightmare Frame in an action pose! *Loves seeing his frankens drawn by others.* :D

If you need any information on how it looks like from the back, I can provide worded descriptions, but picture details may be hard to come by. If necessary I can sketch out the details. :D

Details on weapons and equipment can also be provided.

*Swooshes out.*
Testament

Some info on weapons & firearms for the KMF would be nice; action poses always need some of those :D

On another note, I might create a new topic as this one is probably confusing and very old already.
Turinu

I've stuck with my original topic since I've first started posting here, I think it's a generally good idea to stay with the old, though making a new one isn't a bad move either, :D. (Sticking with my old thread has nailed me over 100k views, after all!)

I'll post some picture descriptions of the weapons and equipment in question later today, as well as back view quick-shot sketches.
Testament

Alright, so here's the new topic:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11793&p=258604

I've added Shori's request, too.
domino

Re: Testament's lineart and drawings *PLEASE CLOSE*

Just wanted to say I love your works. Keep it up!