Amion's mecha shack

The place to share your artwork.
Amion

Amion's mecha shack

Some of my very first mecha drawings. Criticism is welcome, so long as it is constructive, thanks.

I'm not used to linking things, so let's see if this works... :mrgreen:
http://amion-one.deviantart.com/gallery ... 7#/d5pyw7z
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
MechWarrior86

Re: Amion's mecha shack

I'm impressed :)
lights, camera, action!
Amion

Why thank you. My favorite is the recoloring of the Gundead. you know, the only one I didn't draw... :roll:

More is coming. Too bad most of it needs some edit work. I post more links directly to the new stuff when it gets past that stage.
MechLife

Looks awesome! The line work is really good, so I think you have a good base for when you start coloring it in :)
Amion

Yeah, the coloring is the issue. I need some time to learn and practice, since this was the first I've touched a bamboo or paintshop, which is slightly more quirked than photoshop, which has its brush controls a little more sensitive I think.
Azure Knight

Nice. Definitely off to a good start. Coloring is definitely weird at first when you're not used to it. But as you practice more you'll find it getting easier. Looking forward to seeing you improve as time goes on!
Amion

Thank you. Right now it's the shading that drives me mad, and the fact that these are for my fanfic *check signature for link*, and thus I only have so much time before these things appear in-story. Bad news is that readers are unforgiving when I don't give them what they envisioned. Ah well, I intend to keep at it.

And honestly, right now I'm amazed I've come this far, the last time I drew mecha art was 09, and I threw away my work swearing never to do it again. Nice that my abilities improved enough that the work is now passable. :lol:
Amion

Well, I finally am updating this page because for once I have something that is actually in color. *GASP* :shock: *Disbelief*

So, it is basically time in every Gundam's story's life for the main pilot to receive his upgrade. In Savior's Destination, Flit's AGE System has upgraded the AGE-1 to a point where it can advance it no further with simple Wear parts. To fix this, it has created a Final Wear culminating all of the data taken from his fighting style and placing it in one last upgrade. I give you, the AGE-1FD Phoenix Gundam.

It's a redesign of the AGE-1 Phoenix from that terrible manga Treasure Star. :shock: Another artists rendition of which can be found on Gundam wiki. (I'm half expecting it to be someone from this site :wink: ). Regardless this design has its wings and a good number of other minor tweaks added to make it look different, particularly a Nu-inspired paintjob with gold beam absorbing plating that I think was found on the Warzes Wear? Well it is now. 8)

As for weapons, it has a variety of optional beam rifles, but its true glory is its ability to reconfigure its wings into varying weapons with the use of its X-Rounder pilot's abilities.