RGM-79

The place to share your artwork.
Lagore

Re: RGM-79

That is fantastic. Really great, very detailed. Which took longer to model, the GM or the Ground Gundam?

You used SketchUp, right? I've been looking for an accessible 3D program that's still pretty powerful, and this has definitely convinced me to try it.
Troopermanaic

The GM by far, one thing you need to understand about sketchup is that its insanely different then any other 3d program. I would recommend you to stray from it but its great for hobbyists. Remember to go to get plugins for it if you decide to use it. It makes life much easier.
Josh

Any specific plugins you'd recommend?
Troopermanaic

ontop of my head

Joint push pull
Tools on surface
Round edge
Fredoscale
Soap skin
Skin
Subdivide and Smooth
Bool tools
SketchyFFD
Sketchy Bevel
Weld
Shape Blender
Round Corner

And that's just getting started. Go to Sketchucation.com plugin forum if you wanna find allot of good ones.
Josh

Thanks, btw good luck with Titans.
Troopermanaic

Had gotten a request from a separate forum to take one of UCGOs models and remake, rig, and render it. It was quite hard due to the fact that at this time 3d cant be extracted from UCGO correctly so I had to rebuild it from scratch. I used some of my assets on it but tried to copy the original as close as possible but I feel like I still got some of the body dimensions wrong but its honestly good enough.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/ ... 5g4fo6.png