Too Long Didn't Watch: Gundam Wing

The place to share your artwork.
TLDW Guy

Too Long Didn't Watch: Gundam Wing

Okay so, this past New Year's my friend and I decided to watch all of Gundam Wing as well as Endless Waltz for the first time in nearly ten years. Suffice to say, it's not as good as we recall but we did end up finding a lot of silly, stupid and/or flat out hilarious things: weird-ass lines/pauses in dialog, audible screams being heard during explosions, repeated stock footage of Heavyarms firing, etc. As we were getting towards the end of the series, we had come up with the idea that I should compile all of these things into a single video. Obviously, that would be way too long, so I'll instead make them one episode at a time.

I figured at least a few people here would get a kick or two out of this. So, enjoy and let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc3YZPiY4Bc
Antares

Re: Too Long Didn't Watch: Gundam Wing

Reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged series somewhat, but at least you're not shouting silly things into the storyline. :mrgreen:

Oh, was it a Gundam? :P
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
TLDW Guy

Personally, I've never been too keen on Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged Series myself. But, I do have one scene in mind later on in the series where I have to say something in response to what is going on in the episode, due to the sheer stupidity of it.
DuelGundam2099

Alright, I have to ask, what exactly are these meant for? It seems like fast editing of episodes to me.
Kei Katsuragi

Yea, everytime I see this guy post a new one, I usually ask myself the same question. I think a lot of them are jokes on "Look at how silly this line from the dub is." One joke I did spot was how "Zechs" rhymes with "sex" so with some fast editing he made it sound like Howard asked Zechs for sex. That got a chuckle out of me.
TLDW Guy

Kei Katsuragi wrote:I think a lot of them are jokes on "Look at how silly this line from the dub is."
I think of it as a hybrid between that, a ytp (in terms of sentence mixing, but sequentially) and a condensed version/inaccurate synopsis of what goes on in an episode. Hence, 'too long; didn't watch'.
TLDW Guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKw3eDxS54U

In before, "OH DEAR GOD I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON IN THIS PIECE OF SHIT EPISODE, WORST ONE HE'S MADE YET. I'M UNSUBBING AND REPORTING NOW."
This'll be a good perspective on how tl;dw at its core was originally supposed to be: Just every suggestive word or phrase compiled into a video. Hopefully the next episode will have some better material for me to work with.