First Successful Frankens and Such

The place to share your artwork.
Scorpius7692

First Successful Frankens and Such

I think I might be finally getting the hang of it. Sort of. Below is my latest project that I can stand to look at. The torso and legs are from the H-8 Gouf Flight Type. The head and arms are from the Desert Zaku. Most of the recoloring is on the Desert Zaku parts, more to make it match up more to the Gouf's body. Not really a complicated franken, but I like it.

Click da linky (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84 ... ttype.png/)

The MS-06H-1 Zaku Flight Type.
Because Zeon had to start somewhere with its long line of bad flying prototypes that never got off the ground. Why not start with a Zaku? What could possibly go wrong?
Fear the power of the skirted suit. Fear it.
erikvonkreigler

Re: First Successful Frankens and Such

This looks pretty good. What you are using for frankening program-wise?
Scorpius7692

Just MS Paint. That's all I have.

I'm not planning on doing too much frankening. This is more so I can beter visualize some mobile suit concepts that I have for fanfics and such. This particular Zaku Flight Type will probably show up in a short series of stories I plan to do, along with any other strange experimental Zakus that I can come up with.
Scorpius7692

Some extra stuff, including a new Franken and some Rick Dom variants.

First, the MS-09RS Rick Dom Shuredda (http://imageshack.us/f/839/ms09rrrickdomreisswolf.jpg/), built to fire as many bullets as possible in a vain attempt to pummel through armor. The parts used are a Dom, part of the Gouf Custom's hand machinegun, and part of the Gundam Heavyarms Kai's gatling cannon.

Second, the MS-09RZ Rick Dom Zerstorer (http://imageshack.us/f/69/ms09rzrickdomzerstorer.jpg/), with a beam cannon on its shoulder, the Zerstorer is better then the 09RS, but harder to maintain. The parts used are a Dom, part of the Gouf Custom's hand machinegun, and parts of Gilboa Sant's Geara Zulu's lange bruno cannon.

And, finally, the LMS-021 Soolha (http://imageshack.us/f/839/lms021soolha.png/), an attempt by the Flanagan Institute to design a Newtype-use mobile suit that could be mass-produced, but actually built much later by the Zeon Lorraine Remnant. Able to carry most handheld weapons, the Soolha also has wire-guided beam weapons that slink into its shoulders when not in use. Parts used are the Gouf Custom's legs, Kampfer's torso, Dra-C's shoulders, Shy-Tarn's arms, and the Capule's eye (shrunken so it could actually fit.)

I wish I could've recolored parts of the Zerstorer, but then I got a bit lazy. I'll probably fix it up later, but right now I'm just ecstatic with how well the Soolha and Shuredda went. At least, I think they went well.
tehprognoob

MS Paint?
That's impressive; I wasn't aware that you could even accurately move stuff around and slot it nicely with the rest of the components. Too used to having layers, I guess...I wonder how well you'll do with a more sophisticated program.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Scorpius7692

I wasn't aware that you could even accurately move stuff around and slot it nicely with the rest of the components.
You can. One of the options in the selection tab is transparent selection. Really helps to slot things together nicely, but I often have to redraw or recolor some parts anyway.

If I do get a better program, it'll take me a while to learn all the know-how I need to use it properly. And I'm perfectly fine with MS Paint. As long as I don't have an obscene amount of recoloring to do.