My indie sci-fi film: "c"

The place to share your artwork.
MechaGear

My indie sci-fi film: "c"

Hello, I'm a big mecha fan, and am currently attempting to produce my own sci-fi movie. I wanted to share a new trailer for it with you guys:

http://vimeo.com/19954125

In tribute to the classics of the 1980's, the movie is being shot without CGI or greenscreen, relying on models and in-camera effects.

I don't yet have the budget for giant robots, but the film is inspired by some of my favorite oldschool sci-fi titles like Gunbuster, Space Battleship Yamato, and Legend of Galactic Heroes, and I hope it shows.

It's part retro outer space adventure, part physics-minded hard sci-fi. The story is set during an interplanetary cold war that places the survival of humanity in doubt. The main character, First Lieutenant Malleck, plans to seize control of her ship and send it on a near-light-speed journey beyond the solar system, preserving the ship and her crew as a genetic and technological "backup" of the species.

I'm trying to send this trailer around and gauge interest from sci-fi fans. At some point I would want to turn it into a larger project such as a feature film, though at the moment I don't have the resources. For now, I'm just looking for feedback and first impressions. And if you like the trailer, please feel free to share it around!
Amadi Akintunde

Re: My indie sci-fi film: "c"

Well well. I must admit that the trailer caught my interest. I'm definitely gonna pass it around, this seems like it'd be worth the effort.
MechaGear

Thanks!

One easy thing you could do to help would be to vote up my submission to BoingBoing.net; http://boingboing.net/submit/2011/02/in ... ilm-c.html

Getting it featured there would make a huge difference!
Thermolysis

This looks pretty bitchin. Very abstract. I'm a little wary; considering it's independent, it looks like it could be maudlin, but it's slick and restrained. As long as you provide a way to watch it, I will watch and give a heartfelt critique.

EDIT: Upvoted, I think.
This machine has undergone numerous refinements.
ydawg314

I also tried to upvote. looks very interesting.
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee