Place Your Animation Requests

The place to share your artwork.
Thermolysis

Place Your Animation Requests

Hey guys. Since I'm new here, I figure I'd offer some gifts to break the ice. Hopefully this won't start a stampede and cause more grief than bliss.

The request can be anything, even explicit, if you want (of course, PM me if that's the case). The maximum length depends on the complexity and how well it resonates. The main thing I'm imagining is an animated avatar or signature for your presence on any site that allows it.

I have one condition: you must also explain the origins of your username here. Fail to provide some kind of interesting story or reason behind your username, and I won't even consider your request.

With all that said, I will probably only end up getting around to a few requests.

Let the competition begin.

>---<

Examples of my work:
My online portfolio.
My DeviantArt page.
Last edited by Thermolysis on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
This machine has undergone numerous refinements.
ydawg314

Re: Place Your Animation Requests

I really dont want to go to far into where my name comes from... what i will say is that the number 314 represents the pin number that I used get lunch when i was in elementary school. It just kind of stuck and i've been using it ever since

Anyway would you like to help me work on my game? I would love to have an artist so I could just focus on programming.

This is my game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKoKzqne-U8
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Thermolysis

That's a fairly amusing name origin. Ydawg... gangsta.

Anyway, your request is not what I had in mind, but if nobody else places any, sure I could help out. I could provide some Mobile Suit rotations and secondary vehicles, like tanks and planes. Also specify to me what kinds of melee attacks you'd employ.
ydawg314

Ill shoot you a pm on the specifics
Battle my brute
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

I don't particularly have a request, but I do like your method of "breaking the ice" :D As far as my username goes, I was getting tired of all the Freedom Gundam loevs and stuff, so, just to be contrary, I put up the Strike Rouge as one of my favorites from Gundam SEED. The Mk2 is just my personal thing. Of course, I do have usernames ranging from Strike Rouge Mk2-VI xD

Putting this thread here might be bit of an issue though, considering this section is pretty quiet as of late. :| Going around and just joining discussions is probably the best way to go, although I myself fail to do so, it's another good way to get to know people around here.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Fritz Ashlyn

Since you're on a giant robot cartoon message board, I assume you're familiarr with anime eyecatches that appear before and after commercial breaks? Like this Zeta Gundam one.

Would you be interested in donig a custom one if I gave you a detailed idea and reference materials (and, of course, the story of my name)?
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Thermolysis

Would you be interested in donig a custom one if I gave you a detailed idea and reference materials (and, of course, the story of my name)?
But of course. Right now I'm helping out ydawg with his videogame. I will likely be able to start your project within a few weeks.
so, just to be contrary, I put up the Strike Rouge as one of my favorites from Gundam SEED
I like that attitude and I think the Rouge was actually my legitimate favorite. Either that or the one with the rocket-shield, since I like both rockets and shields.

But yeah, the Rouge was the one that transformed and had that grappler shape, right? Gawd, that was definitely a cool concept. Shame about the show.
Amadi Akintunde

We spoke of Gandamu Fightingu Gamuz on dA. I'm actually quite interested in this. But before I divulge my request, I'd like to know if creating something based off of the first 26 seconds of this would be asking too much? xD

As for my username, Amadi Akintunde, put quite simply, it is the name of the lead protagonist of one of the many Gundam series I plan to write for my established Gundam Alternate Universe. The title of this series would be Anno Universum - Kemal Dynasty Gundam Malebolge. And as guessed, Amadi is planned to be the pilot of the titular Gundam.

The meaning of his name translates from the Yoruba ethnic language in Nigeria to:

-Amadi: Appeared destined to die at birth

-Akintunde: Return Of Bravery

Put it together and it roughly says "Appeared destined to die at birth, only to bravely return".
Last edited by Amadi Akintunde on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ydawg314

Are you nigerian then? If so its good to meet a fellow west african
Battle my brute
Amadi Akintunde

ydawg314 wrote:Are you nigerian then? If so its good to meet a fellow west african
By blood, yeah. I was born in America, but my family roots do go back to the old country. ;p
Thermolysis

That's a pretty awesome story behind your username, Amadi.

Anyway, get more specific, and I'll let you know what I can do.
Amadi Akintunde

Thermolysis wrote: But yeah, the Rouge was the one that transformed and had that grappler shape, right? Gawd, that was definitely a cool concept. Shame about the show.
I believe that was the Aegis. Strike Rouge was a Strike Gundam built from spare parts.

In any case, lemme get my bearing for my request and I'll get back to ya. Wanna make sure I have everything right so I don't have to come back to you with a "wait no hold on" message. ;p
Thermolysis

Alright sounds good.

Since these two additional requests have arrived, whatever may come of them, I am done taking requests. You can still post requests for me to look at, but I no longer guarantee I will get to them.
Thermolysis

Y'all have taken too long to say anything more about your requests. Also, ydawg314's request is taking me longer than expected to finish. Since you don't seem too enthusiastic about even your own requests, I rescind my offer to do them.
Fritz Ashlyn

Wait, what? I thought I was on queue behind ydawg. I didn't think there was any point in giving you a bunch of info since you said it would be a couple of weeks before you were free.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Amadi Akintunde

But I already apologized about it over PM. xD

I've been otherwise engaged.
Kyuzo Aoi

I request a video about Kyuzo of Samurai 7 slashing a horde of ninjas called the Blue Troop.

Is this still open?
I am a Gundam!
Thermolysis

Ah, I see. Nope, don't hold back your ideas. You might as well put your ideas on the table for me to review and consider.
Fritz Ashlyn

A Gundam TV break style eyecatch - something along the lines of a mid distance 3/4 view of a Salamis Kai as it launches a Nemo, which freezes as the Nemo gets close to the viewer. The Nemo's goggle flashes and the 'title' appears onscreen. I'll go into more detail as needed.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Thermolysis

Definitely needs more detail. What do you want the title to say? I'm not familiar with much Gundam. I don't know what a Salamis Kai or its Nemo looks like.