Josh's Old Franken Thread

The place to share your artwork.
Turinu

Aye, I'm pretty sure that's the color used on some of the SEED Re-FINE art. Which is where you got the shoulders from, though slightly editted~
Draco Starcloud

Josh wrote:(COMMENT ON IT DAMNIT!!!)
You suck! There's your comment! :P

Just kidding. It looks great and aside from the proportions issue Shori mentioned, the only problem I see is that the mech's shoulders don't look level.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Josh

Shori wrote:Aye, I'm pretty sure that's the color used on some of the SEED Re-FINE art. Which is where you got the shoulders from, though slightly editted~
Haha, nope, not from one of the SEED Re-FINE suits. I forget exactly which site I got it from (might have just been 4chan's /m/ board) but it was a suit called "Vortex Gundam".

Thanks Draco. :P
Turinu

Josh wrote:
Shori wrote:Aye, I'm pretty sure that's the color used on some of the SEED Re-FINE art. Which is where you got the shoulders from, though slightly editted~
Haha, nope, not from one of the SEED Re-FINE suits. I forget exactly which site I got it from (might have just been 4chan's /m/ board) but it was a suit called "Vortex Gundam".

Thanks Draco. :P
Well then, the Vortex Gundam uses very similar colors to SEED Re-FINE art, just a bit darker then~
EZero8

Very nicely done Josh. The shoulders arent level, but it's not noticable enough to make someone go "WTF?". And other than the proportions issue already mentioned by Draco and Shori, I see no problems with it.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Josh

Well, I put this one on hold to create the Maxgun. I've decided that it'll be my final franken to use Simmons' lineart. It was great but I figure I'll just use the more popular tracing style from this point forward.

Introducing the Bulk. A suit I might use in my story, but not too sure since I'm moving onto the other franken style.

Again, comment or I'll rape you.
EZero8

Josh wrote:Again, comment or I'll rape you.
That's a bit harsh isnt it... :P

Anyways, this is another cool Franken. Nicely constructed with not problems whatsoever.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Josh

Hey gang, finally back from about a month of no internet... And I brought a gift!

The Maxgun Version 2!

Yes, after taking a long hard look my Maxgun I decided the head could use some adjustments. Also since I had the time I also fixed the shoulder problem Shori, Draco, and EZ pointed out, along with a sort of backpack I decided to graft onto it.

Not only that!, But I also had the time to produce some color variations. They aren't much but it was quick and I was just bored at the time.

Maxgun (Resistance Colors)

Maxgun (Silverfish Squadron)

That's all for now! But as always I have another suit in the works as I type this.
Josh

FINALLY,

After months and months of attempted designs that all ended in failure I finally have a new suit to post. This suit was actually something I considered a failure when attempting to design the most original design possible for that fanfic I've always talked about. Well, after finally getting started on another suit I decided to open up this so called failure just to see if I could possibly salvage anything. To my surprise, upon further inspection I decided I could salvage the entire suit and make a complete design out of it.

I will be posting a backstory and hopefully specs for it as well. It certainly won't have anything to do with the fanfic I'm planning but I figure you guys might enjoy it slightly more if I put more thought into it other than just posting an image and expecting praise for it.

Without further ado, I present my epic return to the franken scene:

G-System001p - Genese

I haven't completely thought out a backstory for it yet but I will say it is a prototype and eventually if I have the time I will make upgrades to it. As for the specs I've never actually thought out how I would go about developing them for a MS so if anyone could possibly help me that'd be awesome. Backstory as well I'd like if at least someone else look over it beforehand to see if it checks out and isn't too goofy or unpossible. Also since I made this primarily on a laptop I'm not sure if the current colors are exactly perfect for it. Just let me know if they're too bland or just don't work.

Overall I'd say I had a great time working on this suit. I hope everyone here enjoys it as well despite the little proportion problems I noticed in the end.

Here's to me churning out much more designs in the future and starting to actually make a story for them all. :D
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

dude.......wow...just.......wow, that's an amazing design.
Josh

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST wrote:dude.......wow...just.......wow, that's an amazing design.
Thanks a lot! I'm glad the first response could be so positive. :lol:
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

yeah man, I think the colors are appropriate for a prototype, though I would like to ask, what kind of equipment would it be using?
Draco Starcloud

Very nice, very smooth. You did a nice job.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Josh

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST wrote:yeah man, I think the colors are appropriate for a prototype, though I would like to ask, what kind of equipment would it be using?
Well, I wasn't exactly planning it to be well-equipped with weapons as other Gundam prototypes are... so I might just make a small beam rifle/gun for it. It's strictly just for testing purposes.
Draco Starcloud wrote: Very nice, very smooth. You did a nice job.
Thanks, smooth was my main intention. :)
Dynames

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST wrote:dude.......wow...just.......wow, that's an amazing design.
Very true, i love the design
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best
OddlucK

Very, very nice. Simple, clean, smooth. Great job!
Josh

I told you guys I was going to write specs for it. So here they are:

Genese

Model designation: G-System001p
Code name: “Genese”
Unit type: Prototype Advanced Delta Particle Accelerator Engine and G-System equipped Mobile Suit
Manufacturer: New Destiny
Assigned Pilot: Maxwell (Max) Parker
Initial rollout: unknown
First Testing Deployment: March 20th, NA 202
Final Testing Deployment: December 5th, NA 202
Accommodations: Modified standard MS pilot cockpit with G-System
Overall height: 18.7 meters
Base weight: 43.1 metric tons
Armor materials: Classified
Powerplant: Delta Particle Accelerator Engine. Exact power output: unknown
Propulsion: Delta Particle thrusters x4; 2 located on back of MS and 1 housed inside the bottom of each foot. Exact power output: unknown
Performance: Classified/still under testing
Optional Armaments: Modified Compact Delta Particle Accelerator (beam rifle)

And what? a profile too?

The first seemingly successful prototype test bed for the G-System developed for Project NEXT. It sports a very light frame thanks to a completely re-worked inner frame with agility and speed in mind. It also houses the first successful fully-working delta particle accelerator engine system. With the system powering the entire mobile suit it also makes its mark as the first completely clean running mobile suit. The suit however is not without major flaws. The technology for harnessing and accelerating delta particles is still in its infant stages and is prone to malfunction. Extensive force placed on the Genese can also cause its inner frame to collapse in on itself. Two units were completed and intended strictly for testing purposes only for the next phase of Project NEXT.

This is my first time writing specs and a profile for any of my suits, so please if anyone sees any inconsistencies please let me know, I'm pretty much going through this blindfolded. Also for the profile I know I don't explain much but it all ties into the synopsis I am currently working on for the fanfic I will be using this suit in.

Next up is the beam rifle for it, I'll compose a short explanation of it as well.
RedBlitz

You my friend are some kind of monster... great designs, keep up the good work!!!
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Cel Chad

Draco, Mr Josh, I've uploaded a quite simple female mecha desing, it's armorless (more like "incomplete") and the inking was made with very limited resources, still, i'd like to get some critics from you.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh23 ... FP-3dv.jpg
I'm the last man that likes the happy endings, Tim.
Zeonic Glory

That is awesome. And it looks like the ARX-7 Arbalest, too. And anything that looks like the Arbalest gets extra bonus points.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.