All submissions are sorted by series (where applicable) followed by the page they appear on. New posts are denoted by asterisk ( * ). Anything that would typically be considered spoilers will be spoiler tagged accordingly, just in case someone actually cares.
A series that started out as a simple Mekton Zeta campaign. Meant to be no more than a typical real-robot mecha scenario, it began to grow on me as I fleshed out the cast and setting. It's a simple humans vs aliens plot with a few small twists thrown in for good measure and draws inspiration from a wide range of sources, both on purpose and likely some unintentionally. I am currently seeking collaborators to help me expand this universe. I am especially interested in finding a character artist to illustrate the cast (I suck at people, and no you can't see) and a ship designer to help spruce up the capital ships. I also wouldn't mind finding a writer to help convert the plot of my original campaign into something more entertaining to read.
Secondly, anyone who would like to contribute is more than welcome to join in. Artists, writers, RPers, musicians(?), etc.. if you're looking for a new (mostly empty) setting to explore I would be deeply humbled if you would consider my little universe. All I ask is that you credit my original work and any other works that may be involved, outside of this the only right I reserve for myself is the authority to determine what is and isn't cannon (or "official").
All works will be catalogued and credited in this index, I would also like to save copies for posterity (unless otherwise instructed).
CM-42-2 Sabre p.1
CM-42-2CA Sabre Command Armor p.1
Fafnir Class Strike Carrier p.1 - *Inked p.1
Ladon Class Battleship p.1
*Wyvern Class Cruiser p.1
XM-02 Goblin p.1
Project Limited: Fafnir, character profiles.
- Rank: Captain - Position: Captain
- Bio: A genius captain and commanding officer of the CV-S Fafnir. She has an open style of command and frequently seeks out the advice of her crew. She is close friends with the ship's tactical officer Iris Guerrero as the two met at the IAF academy and have been fast friends ever since. Her career is marred by some past event, what it was and when it happened are both classified but because of it IAF Command keeps a watchful eye on her. She has a great love for music and is herself a talented vocalist.
- Name: Keneth Price (M) - Age: 36
- Rank: Commander - Position: XO
- Bio: A man defined by his cold demeanor and strict discipline, he is second in command to Cpt. Norris and is virtually always seen be her side. Many of his subordinates view him as harsh or tight fisted, but in his personal life he is actually very gentle and caring. He was to be married shortly before deploying and it is with his fiance's blessing that he left. He is a skilled with the violin and learned to play as a child.
- Name: Mai Andrews (F) - Age: 20
- Rank: Lt. Commander - Position: Communications Officer
- Bio: Energetic and vivacious Mai serves as the Fafnir's comms officer. She had a very disciplined upbringing but loves her family dearly. In contrast to her personality she has surprisingly flawless table manners and it is often joked that the only way to shut her up is to feed her. She is also multilingual and speaks English, Japanese, Mandarin, French, and Russian.
- Name: Iris Guerrero (F) - Age: 22
- Rank: Lt. Commander - Position: Tactical Officer
- Bio: Ship's tactical officer and a long time friend of Cpt. Norris. As a child she developed a love of poetry and it would be the romantic ideal of a soldier that would lead her to join the military. Quiet and reserved she has always had few friends. A natural tactician the IAF believes that she is prime command material, if she can overcome her timidness.
- Name: Northumberland "North" Cooladge (M) - Age: 30
- Rank: Lieutenant - Position: Lead Pilot, First Flight
- Bio: Leader of the First Flight Team, a cool and relaxed officer with a decidedly hands-off approach. He would rather see his men workout the problem themselves than hand them the answer.
- Name: Shawn Jensen - Age: 24
- Rank: Lt. JG / Lieutenant - Position: Second Pilot, First Flight
- Bio: A pilot characterized by his cool head and his methodical approach. Capable of fighting in a variety of situations he most often ends up supporting with long range fire. Off the field he is an even tempered, affable person and he quickly develops a strong bond with his team. He later becomes involved with the Fafnir's comms officer Mai Andrews.
- Name: Sieg Allan - Age: 21
- Rank: Lt. JG / Lieutenant - Position: Third Pilot, First Flight
- Bio: The son of a literature professor who named him for the opera Siegfried. Although he loved literature he chaffed at his father's controlling attitude and designs to have him follow in his footsteps, so left home to join the IAF. As a pilot he is a jack of all trades, master of none and usually fills whatever roll is needed at the moment. Outwardly cool and collected he is actually a slightly nervous person and uses humor and sarcasm to defuse tense situations. Starts a romantic relationship with Iris Guerrero, though unlike his friend Shawn prefers to be more discreet about it (to no avail).
- Name: Collin Pierce - Age: 24
- Rank: Lt. JG / Lieutenant - Position: Fourth Pilot, First Flight
- Bio: A working class man with an interest in machines and a fireball personality. Collin serves as the "frontman" for his squad charging straight into the heart of the enemy, a practice that usually sees his machine taking heavy damage. He has a fun and up front personality and spends his off time hanging out with the ship's crew, playing his guitar, or writing home to his family. Before joining the military he went to technical school and has a strong background in engineering.
- Name: Ishimaru Masahiro (M) - Age: 38
- Rank: Lt. Commander - Position: Lead Pilot, Second Flight
-Bio: Lead Pilot of the Second Flight team. Originally assigned to the CV-S Orochi he joins the Fafnir as part of the IAF's cultural exchange initiative. A skilled pilot with an impressive service record Masahiro exudes a cool aura of confidence. A patriotic man he views the IAF as being a good thing for his home. In his spare time he collects a wide variety of alchohols and almost always has a bottle hidden away just in case despite, or perhaps because of, his sterling reputation.
- Name: Gabrielle Rosa (F) - Age: 27
- Rank: Lieutenant - Position: Second Pilot, Second Flight
-Bio: The soft spoken second of the Second Flight team. Her gentle demeanor often causes strangers to question her profession, anyone who has seen her pilot does not. Much of her energy is spent playing referee between her two subordinates. She and Lt. North are old friends and have actually been on the same team on several occasions.
- Name: Judy Swanson (F) - Age: 24
- Rank: Lieutenant - Position: Third Pilot, Second Flight
-Bio: Normally she is cool and capricious and when in combat she functions as the spearhead of her squad. She has a complex relationship with her teammate Alexander Hawkins, but when in combat they complement each other well and their team tactics are excellent.
- Name: Alexander "Punch" Hawkins (M) - Age: 27
- Rank: Lieutenant - Position: Fourth Pilot, Second Flight
-Bio: A fun loving, free wheeling pilot with a reputation for womanizing that is known throughout the IAF. He genuinely cares for Judy Swanson but loses his slick confidence whenever he tries to impress her. In the field he fights like a bull fighter, misdirecting the enemy's attention and striking where they leave themselves open.
- Name: Michiyo Yamashita (F) - Age: 34
- Rank: Lieutenant - Position: Test Pilot, Okinawa Lab
-Bio: From an early age Michiyo was singled out as beong "gifted" excelling in any activity she was presented with. In time her success had a negative impact making her arrogent, condescending, superior and cold. For Michiyo life became a seemingly endless search for ways to test herself, this search would lead her to join the JSDF and from there the IAF. Her attitude however, was not well suited to being a soldier and she was cited several times for insubordination and on many occasions was almost discharged. Rather than waste a talented pilot Michiyo was sent to the Okinawa Weapons Development Facility where, for the time, she remains occupied.
-Corvette: Small spacecraft usually manned be a two or three person crew. Corvettes have the greatest thrust to mass ratio of any space vehicle and are chiefly employed when speed is called for.
-Global Senate: A governing body established in the wake of the First Encounter Incident. Rather than combining all countries into a single world-nation members of the GS remain free and independent states. Each nation contributes soldiers, material, and funding to the GS. Upon its inception the GS absorbed numerous multinational organizations including the UN and Interpol, it also helps to mediate conflicts between nations and is responsible for the supervising all off-planet operations. Roughly 90% of the world's nations are members of the GS.
-Gravity Treaty: An international treaty strictly limiting the size and scope of research into gravitation. Labs must be approved in order to conduct research legally and all gravity weapon research is absolutely prohibited.
-International Armed Forces (IAF): A multinational military organization under the command of the GS. Ostensibly the IAF functions primarily as a peace keeping force, in truth it was created to protect humanity in the event of interplanetary invasion. Despite being the single largest military on the planet the IAF accounts for less that half of earth's military forces.
-Luna City: Original a shipyard located on the moon, Luna City blossomed into a true city with the development of space acclimation technology.
-Mars Base: A research lab funded and operated by the IAF on the planet Mars. Mars Base is often used for experiments deemed too dangerous to be conducted on Earth.
-Mecha/Mechs: Robotic vehicles (typically humanoid in shape) specialized for multipurpose use. Though used widely in industrial sectors most militaries do not make much use of them. However, with their forces usually spread thin the IAF typically views mixed unit tactics in most cases as too personnel intensive; because of this the IAF makes extensive use of mecha.
-Medical Nano Machines: Microscopic machines developed for use in the human body. Most notably they allow for humans to live in zero gravity with little negative impact (regular exercise is still recommended). Use of nanos as weapons is banned by most nations.
- Okinawa Weapons Developent Facility: A lab operated by the Japanese government but with close ties to the IAF. A relatively new facility with a keen interest in mecha development, they are currently developing a prototype for the next generation of combat mecha.
-Pluto Expedition: A space exploration mission launched by NASA that was intended to go all the way out to Pluto and back again. However, upon reaching the asteroid belt the expedition encountered unknown hostile forces and was barely able to escape intact. To prevent widespread panic it was stated that the expedition was struck by asteroids and forced to return prematurely. Within the government this came to be called "The First Encounter Incident".
-RS Crystals: Resonance Synergy Crystals, a crystal found primarily in the asteroid belt. When resonated they have potent electrical amplification properties calculated as (X/10)cubed. The amount of energy a crystal can produce is limited by its size, with greater power outputs requiring larger crystals. If too much electricity is fed into a small crystal it will either burn out or shatter.
-RS System: A power amplification system utilizing RS Crystals. As the name suggests an RS System must be carefully tuned before it will produce an electrical field. Varying by powerload and frequency of use most RS Systems can last for several months or several years before they become depleted and require replacement. Amplified power cannot be routed back into its source amplifier, it can however be amplified by a different system.
-Scattering Field: A device invented to counter laser weapons. A Scattering Field scatters wavelengths of light, in the end rendering the laser as harmless as a common flashlight. Because of this system the use of lasers in combat has all but ceased. Modern Scattering Fields are more robust and can help mitigate, albeit only slightly, damage from energy and ballistic weaponry.
-Staged System: An advanced power generation array where one RS System powers another which in turn powers another and so on. Such a system allows for a staggering level of power generation. Due to the sheer amount power involved a Staged System tends to be very large and requires frequent replacement of its RS Crystals.
-Twin Gates: A pair of gates, located near Earth and Saturn respectively, that work in tandem to generate a stable wormhole allowing travel to the outer solar system quickly and safely. With the development of ship-based wormhole generators the Twin Gates are relegated to servicing ships incapable of generating wormholes of their own.
-Volunteer Corp: Groups of civilians with useful experience or skills that volunteer their services to help the war effort. The Volunteer Corp usually handles low level or rearline jobs that would otherwise draw military units away from combat duty.
-Harvesters: At first thought to be a hostile race of aliens the Harvesters are found to be no more than automated machines. They single mindedly gather any resources they come across, even if they are being used by others. They are very aggressive and will attack anyone who wanders near them. It was Harvester machines that attacked the Pluto Expedition, they were also the ones responsible for driving the Viban (See: Viban) from their home.
-Naturalization Act: An act of government that declared all members of the Splinter Fleet citizens of earth. Though some people were not happy with the idea few openly tried to oppose it, as it was well known that additional forces were desperately needed.
-Project Limited: A military project enacted towards the end of the war. Incapable of matching the enemy's numbers the IAF sought instead to improve the effectiveness of their best and brightest soldiers. Many corporations, governments, and research teams from around the world were asked for assistance, and in the end roughly two dozen units were produced ranging from minor enhancements to advanced new prototypes.
-Recovery, The: The name given to the time following the war. The extensive damage inflicted by Harvester raids and the resources spent fighting left the world's nation drained of resources. The Recovery was marked by a large economic downturn and a rise in anti-establishment sentiment. It would be more than a decade before the world recovered fully from the war.
-Rogue: An artificial intelligence constructed by the IAF's Mars research base. Rogue was built using salvaged Harvester computer components and used to predict the Harvester's strategies. This would prove to be successful until Rogue sent out a signal calling in Harvester reinforcements that would siege the base for nearly a week before help could arrive.
-Six Wings, The: A group of six Viban upheld as the greatest thinkers, soldiers, and politicians in the fleet. They serve as figurehead leaders to inspire and motivate their people. Their name is derived from an old Viban legend that speaks of a six winged bird that would lead those who suffer to peace and prosperity.
-Splinter Fleet: A Viban fleet that seceded from the larger main fleet and opted to join forces with the IAF. They would eventually be folded into the IAF fleets and their crews declared citizens of earth.
-Viban: (pronounced: Vie-ban) An alien race from far beyond the solar system. Strangely they are physically very similar to humans but age more slowly and thus have much longer lifespans. Chased from their homes the Viban are at first hostile, but eventually peace is made. In the end most of the Viban leave the solar system.
Comedy - Comedy Color Test - Comedy Curious Pose p.1
Unnamed Super p.1
NARK-01 Lexington p.1 - *Inked p.1
Exhalt Powered Suit p.1
Manriki Mk.II p.1