The Mecha Musume discussion thread

The place to share your artwork.
tehprognoob

Re: The Mecha Musume discussion thread

Er...I wasn't aware that it made this kind of impression on you o_o sorry. I should have indicated that it was an opinion. I have a way of writing in a way different from my thinking and more akin to wild assumptions...Not the first time I've messed up a comment by hasty writing.

No, I don't want to tell you to change your style. Why would I do that? I'm...(and this is something I should've included in my tapped-on-a-phone-on-the-train-at-8-in-the-morning post) I should have said that if you drew with lighter lines, it'll look
a bit more pro to a casual eye. I do apologize for using outdated lineart to judge your style/skill, though. (Damn, half that post was mix-and-mash-opinions and sleepy assumptions.) I forgot about the WZ piece you recently uploaded so I was mostly influenced by these older works.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

My lines are light because I'm scanning sketches and while sketching I don't put a lot of pressure on my lead pen. and It came to mind while reading your reply Sera, I've always thought that you're simply putting too much pressure on your line strokes, but what I may be seeing is simply the scale of the image. how large are these images on paper? the majority of my work tends to take up most of the page I'm drawing on.

More then that I should point out that when I jump up to 300 dpi during scanning my lines end up looking really messy and irregular. Later on I'll have to make a side by side comparison between and image I directly scan and that same image after I redraw it in photoshop.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
tehprognoob

Well, here is a random piece I did while bored. It was drawn with a 6H 0.5 mm pencil. Super-light to the point where I had to artificially darken it.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/ ... 4drrue.jpg

http://tehprognoob.deviantart.com/galle ... s#/d4drrue

It's...um...a witch on a flight deck, complete with a steam catapult...

Inspired by Macross. NEEDS A LOT OF WORK ON THE MECHANICAL DESIGN.
Especially the back of the plate.

crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

Interesting idea. I know you said this is jsut random sketch #325 but here's two observations anyway.

1) should probably crop the image down to remove most of that negative space. if you can do it with the scanner's software, even MS paint can be used to crop images.
2) her abdomen looks like its doing something weird (I know, a lot of help that is). Specifically it looks to be a fair bit longer and thinner then should be naturally possible.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
tehprognoob

Oh right, the stomach. I drew it into a sharp geometric shape by accident while trying to give it a nice natural bulge, since not all stomachs are washboard-flat. As for length, blame watching too much CLAMP stuff D: All my drawings are elongating.