Spontaneous Art Contest!! >=o O,O

The place to share your artwork.
SolidSpidr

Re: Spontaneous Art Contest!! >=o O,O

Well I better jump on the band wagon. Last time their was an art contest I wasn't skilled enough yet to enter. That and I've found a suit that most people won't even remember even if they saw the Gundam series it came from. :mrgreen:
“The school of the undefeated East!”
“The winds of the king!”
“Zenshin!”
“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!
SNT1

Well I better jump on the band wagon. Last time their was an art contest I wasn't skilled enough yet to enter. That and I've found a suit that most people won't even remember even if they saw the Gundam series it came from.
I have a hunch we're using the same mecha.

Just a hunch. :mrgreen:

And dammit, I'm still doodling my idea while others are submitting already.... *grumble*
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Turinu

Butler Bensouman Limited Production Combat Types, mayhaps?!
SolidSpidr

Shori wrote:Butler Bensouman Limited Production Combat Types, mayhaps?!
ZOINKS, that's close Shori, right AU but not quite the right mecha.
SNT1 wrote:And dammit, I'm still doodling my idea while others are submitting already.... *grumble*
Don't worry, I'm still doodling too, all I have is a rough of the original and some upgraded parts right now scattered about a piece of paper.

EDIT:fixd
“The school of the undefeated East!”
“The winds of the king!”
“Zenshin!”
“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

tehprognoob wrote:No tracing, but is drawing the first draft on paper, editing it (and leaving a huge mess) and then tracing the final version onto a blank paper allowed?
I don't think tracing your OWN work can really be looked down upon. -,-; I meant tracing other people's work onto your paper is not allowed. You may want to look up more efficient clean-up methods in the future though.
Josh wrote:I'm predicting half the submissions will be Leos or some other suit from Wing.
I wouldn't mind. Wing grunts are the best. Especially Leos.:mrgreen:
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Josh

I know it's probably too much of a stretch of the rules, but does it necessarily HAVE to be an existing grunt from a series or can we submit our own designs for original grunts.

I'm asking because of my current 00 project, but I've already started working on something else that more closely follows the rules.
Dark Duel

I actually have a submission!!

GNX-P902 Tsukuyomi
A test unit developed as a mass-produced mobile suit for the ESF based on the GNX-Y901TW Susanowo, it bears a significant resemblance to the old SVMS-01 Union Flag in its colors and design; though a well-designed machine with excellent performance, it was ultimately rejected in favor of the GN-XIV.

Armament: GN Beam Saber x2, stored in forearms; GN Beam Rifle x1; 60mm laser machinegun x2, fire-linked, mounted in head; GN Defense Rod(not shown)
Equipment: GN[T]-Drive x1; Trans-Am System
Pilot: Amy Zimbalist
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Turinu

Alright, time to enter my submission! If you had to choose one as the "staple mobile suit" of these five variations, it'd be the Leo-EX Standard Type; the second one on this list.

And here are the original designs that I derived these from. This particular image was put together back in 05' by yours truly.

Leo Mobile Doll Experimentation Type, Rollout Colors

Model number: OZ-06MSYMD
Code name: Leo Mobile Doll Experimentation Type
Unit type: high-performance mobile doll
Manufacturer: OZ (Organization of Zodiac)
Operator(s): OZ
Rollout: AC 195
First deployment: AC 195
Accommodation: N/A
Dimensions: head height 17.0 meters
Weight: empty 7.8 metric tons; max gross weight unknown
Armor materials: titanium alloy; neo titanium alloy plating
Powerplant: ultracompact fusion reactor, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; advanced flight option pack, provides aerial control surfaces and additional vernier thrusters for atmospheric flight, specific to Leo-EX types only (space type withstanding)
Fixed armaments: torso-mounted missile tube launchers x 2, contains one missile per tube
Optional fixed armaments: N/A
Optional hand armaments: 80mm double-barrel machine rifle x 1, drum-fed, 200 rounds per drum, beam saber x 1, shield x 1

Performance ability levels:
  • Fighting: 130
  • Weapons: 110
  • Speed: 130
  • Power: 110
  • Armor: 110
Technical and Historical Notes:

When the Romefeller Foundation began to experiment with mobile doll systems, the Leo was their first choice of mobile suit due to it's adaptability and dedicated use over the past few decades. The Mobile Doll Experimentation Type Leo is a high-performance Leo using test and schematic data taken from the facility at Luna. While it's speed is not on par to the Tallgeese, the MD Experimentation Type boasts performance levels well above a standard Leo, and features the ability to pull of maneuvers that would otherwise be impossible in the hands of an average pilot. When Romefeller's Engineer Tubarov went to Luna to take charge of the design and construction of OZ's new mobile doll, the Virgo, the MD Experimentation Type became a useless machine, and was subsequently dismantled. The dismantled frame and plans for the design were later re-discovered by Treize Khushrenada, and with a few modifications, mainly changing the cockpit system over to a human cockpit, the Leo Mobile Doll Experimentation Type would later roll out as the then re-dubbed "Leo-EX."

Leo-EX Standard Type, Production Colors

Model number: OZ-06MSEX
Code name: Leo-EX
Unit type: general purpose mobile suit
Operator(s): OZ; Earth Sphere United Nations; Preventers
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; advanced flight option pack, provides aerial control surfaces and additional vernier thrusters for atmospheric flight, specific to Leo-EX types only (space type withstanding)
Fixed armaments: torso-mounted missile tube launchers x 2, contains one missile per tube
Optional fixed armaments: 2 x beam saber, stored in recharge racks in optional shield, hand-carried in use; shield, mounted on left shoulder
Optional hand armaments: 80mm double-barrel machine rifle x 1, drum-fed, 200 rounds per drum; beam rifle x 1, 40 round charge, rechargable via back mount hardpoint; low-recoil cannon rifle x 1, 10 rounds per clip, two additional clips mounted to weapon, mounts to right shoulder rack

• Fighting: 120
  • Weapons: 120
  • Speed: 120

Produced by Treize's faction, the Leo-EX is a modified Leo Mobile Doll Experimentation Type that has been adjusted for use by human pilots, which mainly involved a redesign of the cockpit block and systems for human control. While the Leo-EX's combat abilities are lower than the original mobile doll design, it is still several leagues ahead of the aging Leo design, which has been in service for nearly thirty years. It boasts superior performance and functionality, and is equipped with a variety of newly enhanced weapons capable of dishing out more damage. Suffice to say, it's better than the original Leo and all known aspects. A few dozen of these Leo-EX units would participate in the final battle of the Eve Wars, and those that remained would continue to remain in service to the Earth Sphere United Nations, specificially their Preventers agency.

Leo-EX Space Type, Production Colors

Model number: OZ-06MSEXS
Code name: Leo-EX Space Type
Operator(s): OZ; Earth Sphere United Nations; Preventers
Weight: empty 7.9 metric tons; max gross weight unknown
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; specialized all-purpose and multi-directional vernier thruster package, integrated on back
Optional fixed armaments: 2 x beam saber, stored in recharge racks in optional shield, hand-carried in use; shield, mounted on left shoulder
Optional hand armaments: 80mm double-barrel machine rifle x 1, drum-fed, 200 rounds per drum; beam rifle x 1, 40 round charge, rechargable via back mount hardpoint; low-recoil cannon rifle x 1, 10 rounds per clip, two additional clips mounted to weapon, mounts to right shoulder rack

• Weapons: 120
  • Speed: 125

A space variant of the Leo-EX that saw much action nearing the end of the Eve Wars. Unlike the standard Leo Space Type's space option pack, the Leo-EX's backpack is integrated into the main body, replacing the Leo-EX's back-mounted thrusters with high-output multi-directional thrusters and an assortment of verniers. In additional to the already integrated verniers around the body, the Leo-EX Space Type achieves greater motion in space when compared to the basic Leo. The new integrated space option pack contains weapon racks as well, allowing this version to carry in more than just a single set of equipment into battle.

Leo-EX Low Visibility Type, Production Colors

Model number: OZ-06MSEXV
Code name: Leo-EX Low Visibility Type
Operator(s): Earth Sphere United Nations; Preventers
First deployment: AC 196
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; advanced flight option pack, provides aerial control surfaces and additional vernier thrusters for atmospheric flight, specific to Leo-EX types only (space type withstanding); jamming paint; light-refracting heat dampening cape x 1
Optional fixed armaments: 2 x beam saber, stored in recharge racks in optional buckler shield, hand-carried in use; buckler shield, mounted on left arm
Optional hand armaments: 80mm double-barrel machine rifle x 1, drum-fed, 200 rounds per drum; beam rifle x 1, 40 round charge, rechargable via back mount hardpoint

• Weapons: 115
  • Speed: 120

A light variant of the Leo-EX Standard type. The Low Visibility Type features a unique "jamming paint" coated over it's base frame that not only makes it hard to see at night, but messes up an enemy's radar, making it hard to detect their presense. The large red cape that would normally make them stand out is actually a specially produced light-refracting cloak; it bends light around it and traps heat inside, considerably lowering the Leo-EX's heat signature while allowing it to blend into the nearby environment. The Low Visibility Type is used in very low numbers by the Earth Sphere United Nations, and is usually sent out on recon missions in discontent third-world nations stirring up trouble. Because of the cape, it's not able to equip certain weapons for a mission.

Leo-EX Commander Type, Production Colors

Model number: OZ-06MSEXC
Code name: Leo-EX Commander Type
Unit type: high-performance mobile suit
Operator(s): Earth Sphere United Nations; Preventers
First deployment: AC 196
Dimensions: head height 17.6 meters
Weight: empty 7.87 metric tons; max gross weight unknown
Fixed armaments: torso-mounted missile tube launchers x 2, contains one missile per tube; shoulder-mounted beam cannon x 1, located on left shoulder

• Fighting: 130
  • Weapons: 125
  • Speed: 130
  • Armor: 120

A variation of the Leo Mobile Doll Experimentation Type, which has retained most of it's high-performance aspects, while including a standard cockpit addition. Aesthetically speaking it's similar to all the other models, though it includes a commander-like crest antenna on the head, as well as a shoulder-mounted beam cannon on the left arm. Because it's high-performance is maintained from the original design, much like the Tallgeese it's a machine that is quite hard to control, though is not as punishing on it's pilot due to it's lower speeds. Aside from it's higher performance, the Commander Type can equip all the same equipment as the Standard Type. It also features it's own unique shield in the form of a cape; this cloth-like metal mesh cape features anti-beam properties, allowing it to withstand several beam strikes, including those from beam sabers, before the material begins to vaporize.

----

My submission. Mind you, all the same unit, just different minor variations, >_>
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

you guys are making me look bad, turning in submissions long before I've even completed my line art. any rate sketching the other night while chatting with Sera produced this ..THING. no it's not my entry. the eye is just for reference the entire front of the head would be GM green screen camera.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Seraphic

Josh wrote:I know it's probably too much of a stretch of the rules, but does it necessarily HAVE to be an existing grunt from a series or can we submit our own designs for original grunts.

I'm asking because of my current 00 project, but I've already started working on something else that more closely follows the rules.
Hmm. I wanted to avoid kicking anyone in the balls, but this might be one of the cases where we need to decline the idea.

The main idea of the contest is UPGRADE of a grunt, so the grunt has to have existed before, whether it be an "official" design or something that already existed in your original projects. Your submission can't be an entirely new mech because it should be an upgrade of a previous model.

You can submit an original design only if it has a predecessor, which you may need to put into context for the voters. For instance, Crash earlier talked about submitting an upgrade of something he calls an RX-10 in his MFL projects. He already has written and drawn documentation for the RX-10, so any upgrade for it is valid for this contest.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

Josh

I figured so, no big deal, thanks.
Zangetsu

Just checking, but does the grunt in question have to be from gundam?
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Seraphic

Zangetsu wrote:Just checking, but does the grunt in question have to be from gundam?
No, it can be from anywhere. You can even upgrade the stupid droids from SW if you wanted.
-Antares

Zangetsu

Oops wrong one, old one doesn't quite work. Okay then my new entree, the Leo II. Histroy corresponds to events in the TARRRPG.

Model number: OZ-06MS-2
Code name: Leo II
Unit type: mobile suit
Manufacturer: Fandom
Operator: Fandom
Dimensions: head height 17.4 meters
Weight: empty 8.9 metric tons
Armor materials: neo-titanium alloy
Performance ability levels: fighting 100; weapons 110; speed 150; power 130; armor 130
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; self-destruct system
Fixed armaments: dober gun, clip-fed, mounted on right shoulder; 2 x beam saber, stored in recharge racks in shield, hand-carried in use; 2 x "shorty" beam rifle, 20 round charge, mounted behind side hip thrusters, hand-carried in use
Optional hand armaments: shield, can be optionally mounted on left shoulder; 105mm rifle, drum-fed, 100 rounds per drum;

Technical and Historical Notes

A machine based on data from the Tallgeese piloted by the Red Eagle. The Leo II started as simply a modified Leo, but as it's design changed to acomadate more weapons it became it's own suit. The machine was easily repairable and able to use all of the existing Leo weaponry, and most equipment.

Leo II would end up reciving both the hip and back thrusters of the original Tallgeese. These provided atmospheric flight, as well as incredible speed to the unit. It also recived better armor in the form of Neo-titanium alloy to provide better resistance to attacks.

A choice made early on was to incorperate more weapons into the design, from the basic Leo, as there were plenty around. Two "shorty" beam rifles were added as well as the Leo's trademark 105mm rifle, which was usually held in the left hand so the dobergun could still be used.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
wantfastcars

Does it have to be hand-drawn or can I just take a picture from the internet and use an editing software to play with it for a little? Because if I can, I have a most wonderful idea...

And by the way, Leos were awesome.
"The God of Death is BACK FROM HELL!!!!" -- Duo Maxwell, AKA The God of Death
Seraphic

wantfastcars wrote:Does it have to be hand-drawn or can I just take a picture from the internet and use an editing software to play with it for a little? Because if I can, I have a most wonderful idea...

And by the way, Leos were awesome.
No, your entry doesn't have to be hand-drawn because frankens are permitted. You know what those are, right? Anyway, if you're going to edit an image, you'll have to do more than recolor the mech and add in new weapons to make it valid for the contest. That usually means giving it new or different parts for the main fuselage.

And yes, Leos ARE awesome.
-Antares

crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

WIP
lots of work left to do. I'm having some rather odd troubles with the legs. things like the knee covers are getting hard to draw correctly. the left leg will need to be moved "in" more as the foot is falling more or less in front the other. I think I've just been at it too long in one sitting. -might try some thing else for a while.

any way while I was doing this I realized that technically the RX-10 and this militant wouldn't be viable for this contest as it's suppose to be an upgraded of a grunt mecha. the RX-10 is a civilian construction mecha. not really a military grunt. with this particular RX-10 being heavily modified to bring to the point where it can fight military grunts. not only that the way I'm more or less just slapping more plating on is more like a one off modification then something that could be easily reproduced by the manufacturer. for example the plating on the inside of the elbow and the forearm/wrist. on the other hand almost all of my previous designs where personalized or upgraded versions of the TX-20.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
tehprognoob

Not a Submission;

Just an idea, the sketch is still being cleaned and colored(first attempt)
Used to be the LAMS-X01, a prototype jet-powered mobile suit that I cooked up for my fanfic, now updated to the LAMS-X01-S2-P "Pan-Gu" (Since the operator was the People's Republic of China, I got the name out of Chinese mythology. According to this myth, Pan-Gu was the first god of the universe, creating the world from his own flesh. As this is the first prototype unit, I thought it appropriate to use the name "Pan-Gu," since this MS was going to be the template for every other MS I create. >_<)
Rough sketch:
The sketch!!!!!
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

TheCookieGundam

Well well, a grunt mobile suit upgrade, very interesting! :P

I'll see what I can muster up. Although already some of these entries look really good! =O
Gunna be tough.

By the way, do we have to add technical information and specs with the mech or can we just submit the drawing/picture? -.^

To be honest, I've never entered a contest before, seems fun though! :]
~Surrender your cookies and no one gets hurt...maybe. :P
Seraphic

TheCookieGundam wrote:By the way, do we have to add technical information and specs with the mech or can we just submit the drawing/picture? -.^
*scratches head*

Huh. I never thought about that. I guess all of us just naturally include descriptions or stats because we're used to it. It at least helps the voters understand what exactly went into the design/upgrade and compare it to the original.

Stats and descriptions are not mandatory, but they may help you. If you only want to submit a drawing, be sure to name it so we can tell what it's related to or whatever.

Good to have you on board. =)
-Antares