Spontaneous Art Contest!! >=o O,O

The place to share your artwork.
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

Re: Spontaneous Art Contest!! >=o O,O

Apparently, this is going to involve me being an asshole. you've been warned. (I blame my current artists block and internet anonymity BTW)

Strike_Rouge_Mk2 wrote:My entry
http://strikerougemk2.deviantart.com/ar ... -156820676

Profile:
Model Number:TMF/A-802SW
Nickname: BuCUE Sniper Hound
Unit type: mass production ground assault mobile suit
Manufacturer: ZAFT (Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty)
Operator: ZAFT
First deployment: unknown
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 12.26 meters
Weight: max gross 69.81 metric tons
Armor materials: unknown
Powerplant: ultracompact energy battery, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features:long range sensors, range unknown;
Fixed armaments: Dual Beam saber (Mounted in Head); Long range Beam Rifle.

Created as a Sister unit to the BuCUE Kerberos Hound this version incorporates an array of long range sensors in the head unit, similar to the BuCUE Reconnaissance type before it, and uses a long range heavy beam cannon. Two cooling units are attached to prevent overheating and any subsequent damage.

Firing a high powered and long range shot requires the unit to go into tank mode for increased stability. When traveling as a convoy the Sniper hound hangs to the far left or right of the main fleet (Usually consisting of Lesseps and similar land class ships) and protects the fleet from outside of visual range.

Finished in the nick of time but I gotta go I'm gonna miss the damn bus xD
I Like this one, not only does it pair high ground mobility with sniper capabilities -allowing it to shoot and scoot as a mecha would need to do.. it fills a niche I don't think we saw filled in either of the Seed series by any mecha. on the other hand I've got to point out, if this weapon is firing from beyond visual range it's firing blind, through the series we see examples of battle ship born sensors failing to detect things easily within visual range...like the archangel first intervention in Destiny. no one noticed the ship until after freedom shot the Minerva's big arse gun. that said I'd say this guy fires from just within visual range, not beyond.
Josh wrote:GN-X Ground Enforcer Type

Model Number: GNX-609T-[GE]
Model Name: GN-X Ground Enforcer Type
Unit type: Experimental Ground Combat Mobile Suit
Head height: 19.0 meters
Overall weight: 71.1 metric tons
Equipment: GN Tau Drive
Armament: Modified GN lance w/rifle x 1, GN vulcan gun x 2, GN claw x 2, Modified GN shield x 2, GN beam saber x 2, GN beam rifle x 1
Information: With the Reemergence of Celestial Being, A-Laws is forced to devote most of their forces to defeating the Gundam Meisters. With Katharon still waging war in the middle east the Earth Federation experiments with one of its proposed designs for a new GN-X model. The GN-X Ground Enforcer Type is completely devoted to ground combat, featuring a modified thruster system for more output at a more efficient rate, modified feet design for a GN-hovering effect providing speed and mobility, a heavier E-Carbon armor for extra protection, and two modified GN shields mounted on both shoulders providing even more protection. A suit designed specifically with countering Katharon in mind this GN-X proves to be a highly effective force against previous generation suits. With the higher cost to convert the GN-XIII to this variation and A-Laws dominating the federal budget only four Ground Enforcer Types are completed and put into service in the middle east.

I was working on a Leo for this contest but I wasn't liking how it was turning out so I'll just settle with this. I'll see about making its custom gn lance sometime today hopefully.
Wouldn't this be an all around upgrade to the GN-X? I mean it's got greater mobility through not only more powerful but more efficient thrust, a lot more defense through armor and shoulder shields. and to boot it gets a new gun? the only thing that sounds even mildly like a ground specific upgrade is the inclusion of hover feet...which a GN type mecha could already perform... Katharon wasn't really much of a threat of overpowering through tech, as they only used previous gen suits. Hell, come to think about it, could they even shoot down a GN-X?

Sorry but I feel the need to tear into designs that are inherently labeled incorrectly. This isn't a ground type, it's an overall higher spec model, ground types are exactly what they sound like tuned for ground use. I don't think anyone could even make a GN powered suit that could be classified as "ground type" since every one of them can fly around with perfect maneuverability.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Josh

crashlegacy14 wrote: Wouldn't this be an all around upgrade to the GN-X? I mean it's got greater mobility through not only more powerful but more efficient thrust, a lot more defense through armor and shoulder shields. and to boot it gets a new gun? the only thing that sounds even mildly like a ground specific upgrade is the inclusion of hover feet...which a GN type mecha could already perform... Katharon wasn't really much of a threat of overpowering through tech, as they only used previous gen suits. Hell, come to think about it, could they even shoot down a GN-X?

Sorry but I feel the need to tear into designs that are inherently labeled incorrectly. This isn't a ground type, it's an overall higher spec model, ground types are exactly what they sound like tuned for ground use. I don't think anyone could even make a GN powered suit that could be classified as "ground type" since every one of them can fly around with perfect maneuverability.
I apparently forgot to mention in the profile originally (most likely because I had pulled an all-nighter finishing the suit then filling out the profile) that the suit's thrusters and feet are designed specifically to work in desert environments, on the ground, and not meant for flying like the regular GN-XIII can do. Why? Because I feel like ground artillery Katharon could have had been reason enough to churn out another GN-X variant. Its purpose is purely to eliminate Katharon's units on the ground while Aheads and standard GN-XIIIs take out what units they have in the air. It's all just to make eliminating katharon less of a hassle while trying to not spend as much money (even though the end result proved to defeat that purpose). Maybe I am giving Katharon more credit than they deserve but I'd like to think that them even being mentioned in the show is reason enough to label them as at least a fraction of a formidable threat (even though they weren't portrayed as much so in the series).

I also maybe labeled the lance weapon incorrectly as right now it really is just a modified lance that removes the beam rifle function and serves as just a melee weapon charged with particles in order to impale other suits as it skates along the sand. Finally while it is using the particles to hover and move along just above the ground, it really cannot fly nearly as high as the regular model and thus I think that's as close to a ground type as a GN-Drive equipped suit can really be without not using the thrust the drive can output at all. Just because it's labeled as ground use, doesn't mean it HAS to be a slow machine.

I understand what you're saying here though, I definitely wasn't specific enough in its function and I will modify the profile accordingly.
Outlaw

OK, maybe a stupid question, but say I designed a GM 4 (as an example) would that count as an upgrade or would it be considered a differant MS all together?

On a side note, I now hate you Sera. I got so caught up sketching today I kept going till my index finger started hurting. Curse you and your inspiring contest! Curse you I say! :mrgreen:
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Outlaw wrote:OK, maybe a stupid question, but say I designed a GM 4 (as an example) would that count as an upgrade or would it be considered a differant MS all together?
Well, seeing as I designed an AriesII, I think this would be okay. Just make sure you spell out how it's an upgrade to a GMIII or whatever.
Outlaw wrote:On a side note, I now hate you Sera. I got so caught up sketching today I kept going till my index finger started hurting. Curse you and your inspiring contest! Curse you I say! :mrgreen:
Good. I exist to spread both inspiration and suffering. When it comes to me you can't have one without the other. =o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Seraphic wrote: Good. I exist to spread both inspiration and suffering. When it comes to me you can't have one without the other. =o
I dunno... I haven't had any suffering yet. Should I be scared?

(Subliminal messaging voteformevoteformevoteformevoteforme)
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Outlaw

Ok, well here goes! The most likely grunt upgaded to an unlikely level!

EGMS-160 Zaku Egress

Weapons

Model number: EGMS-160
Code name: Zaku Egress
Unit type: mass production general purpose mobile suit
Manufacturer: Exodus Group
Operator: Exodus Group
First deployment: UC 0160
Accommodation: pilot and co-pilot in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 17 meters
Weight: max gross 23.1 metric tons
Armor materials: gundarium alloy/super-ceramic composite
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 5000 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 4 x 7390, 4 x 20180 ; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 42
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 4.77 G
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 16400 meters
Fixed armaments: scattering beam gun, mounted in left forearm; 2 x beam saber/hawk, stored in recharge rack in right forearm, hand-carried in use
Optional fixed armaments: Mega Beam shield, mountable on either shoulder
Optional hand armaments: Beam Rifle powered by rechargeable e-pac, storeable on rear skirt armor storage rack; Variable Cannon, selectable mega particle acceleration speed for damage or penetration application, hand carried in use

Model number: EGMS-160M
Code name: Zaku Egress Minovsky Drive Type
Unit type: mass production general purpose mobile suit
Manufacturer: Exodus Group
Operator: Exodus Group
Accommodation: pilot and co-pilot in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 17 meters
Weight: max gross 23.1 metric tons
Armor materials: gundarium alloy/super-ceramic composite
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 6000 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 4 x 8950, 2 x 20180; minovsky drive thrusters 2 x 12520; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 42
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 15 G
Equipment and design features: sensors, range 16400 meters
Fixed armaments: scattering beam gun, mounted in left forearm; 2 x beam saber/hawk, stored in recharge rack in right forearm, hand-carried in use
Optional fixed armaments: Mega Beam shield, mountable on either shoulder
Optional hand armaments: Beam Rifle powered by rechargeable e-pac, storeable on rear skirt armor storage rack; Variable Cannon, selectable mega particle acceleration speed for damage or penetration application, hand carried in use

Bio
UC 155, the secret organization known as the Exodus Group was preparing for the final phase of a plan they had started almost 70 years ago; the launch of the massive Holmes' Ark. The size of a colony, Holmes' Ark was intended to carry thousands of Exodus Group members away from the strife and conflict of the Earth. But as peaceful as their intentions were the leaders of the group knew they would need some means to defend themselves and comissioned the construction of a mobile suit for their own use. The result was the EGMS-160 Zaku Egress.

As it was to be a general purpose mobile suit the Egress' designers focused much of their efforts on analyzing the old Zaku series of mobile suits, with this data as a guide they began work. Rather than a miniature mobile suit the Egress was as large as an old style mobile suit, however added thrusters would insure that it could match the speed of any of its contemporaries. The additional interior space was used to add a two-seater cockpit and extra fuel supplies. Other than the standard beam rifle and beam saber/hawk it could also mount a Mega Beam Shield on one or both shoulders. Intended not only to function as defense for the mobile suit the shield could also be extended to a cover a much wider area allowing it to protect nearby allies from attacks and debris. For anti-MS combat units could also be deployed with a Variable Cannon, a scaled up version of the VSBR developed by SNRI, however as it was hand carried and not linked to the mobile suit's reactor it could only fire a few shots before it had to be recharged aboard ship.

The greatest boon to the project however, would not come until after production began. Thanks to its political ties the Exodus Group came into possesion of a schematic for the League Militaire's V2 Gundam. From this data they designed their own version of the Minovsky Drive which they could equip to their own mobile suits. During development steps were taken to cut costs and make the drive easier to mass produce resulting in a slight decrease in performance. The drive was also altered to prevent it from generating the V2's "Wings of Light" as it was felt that the risk of colateral damage was too high. Soon all existing Egress units were equipped with the new drive, this was especially appealing for the Exodus Group because it meant that their forces would require less fuel to operate, saving them a costly and valuable resource.

There are no known accounts of the Zaku Egress having ever engaged in combat and it is assumed that the Exodus Group took all 50 units with them when they left.
Last edited by Outlaw on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
crashlegacy14

RX-10 Zee-G Militant

Unit Designation: RX-10 M8ZG
Unit Type: Modified Construction Mecha for Zero-G Combat Operations
Manufacturer: Rexus Extreme Environment Solutions (RX)
Powerplant: KE-133-CMC Ether Generator
Accommodation: Single pilot cockpit of preparatory design.
Dimensions: Overall height ~36ft

The RX-10 is originally a civilian mecha widely used in construction both planet side and in space. Despite numerous attempts made in development RX-10s Sees use on the battlefield more often then anyone wants to admit. While it's original developer, Rexus, worked diligently to undermine the RX-10's potential in combat other corporations have noted the mecha's battlefield appearances and produced a myriad of mod parts for the mecha.

In the case of the M8ZG -literally Mod 8 Zero Gee- the majority of the mecha's modification comes from the attachment of parts developed by Transgalatic Robotics. While TR is more widely known for it's own military grade Series mecha, the corporation produces this upgrade package to make arming Outer Rim militias easy and cheap.

Among the additions is a set of four boosters, two mounted on the back, one on each shoulder. the large shoulder mounts provide the boosters with a large range of movement allowing the mecha to point them in roughly any direction. Surprisingly instead of replacing the factory standard generator and radiator, a set of shoulder spacers and head piece add large auxiliary radiators vents and sub-generators. the package also includes a pair of arm guard that double as storage for a set of knives and a fair amount of auxiliary armor plating.

Rexus' attempts at making the mecha unsuitable for combat consists of a number of differences between it an combat grade mecha. Among these is the fact the mecha is physically incompatible with most standard MCS components, in fact only supporting two docking ports in it's back versus the dozen on standardized models. in order to mount additional parts, like the arm guards some of the exterior plating was removed.

Speaking of plating, the type making up the mecha's exterior is actually the same type used in civilian vehicles making it very vulnerable to damage.While the mecha does sport a powerful visual sensor package and rather high manual dexterity the mecha is physically weak and light ensuring that any melee based encounter will not end well for the construction grade mecha.

For the M8ZG variation TR developed, many of these problems are side steeped. the upgraded mecha is provided with staggering amounts of thrust and the requite system enhancements needed to allow them to be heavily used making the mecha into a highly mobile attacker. While many of the add on components required the removal of parts of the exterior shell, the standard armor plating on these extra parts alone more then makes up for it.

While the Kit itself doesn't include any range weapon of it's own TR produces a number of arms two of which, the ASR-05 Renegade I and the TR-ASR-Economy (No official name yet) are easy choices for a money strapped armament program. The Renegade I is an earlier generation assault rifle that is so widely abundant that it out numbers every other assault rifle type in the Outer Rims combined. the Latter is a all around economic solution for arming forces cheaply, the rifle has only basic features and a large 72rnd clip.

When compared to current generation of series mecha used for combat the RX-10 M8ZG with its array of ether boosters capable of providing large thrust in any direction allows it to effectively out maneuver any other unit. even with all the additional armor however the mecha still falls short in comparison of durability.

-------------//-----------
On another note, TR also produces a terrestrial package, the M8GP (ground pounder xD) that package only consists of armor attachments notably on the legs, a replacement head, back mounted boosters, and an anti armor rifle. it is intended to operate as a sniper.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Seraphic

One week left. =o

Contest closes on March 31st at 11:59pm, central time. How long should a voting period last, anyway? A week? Anyway, a thread for that will be started at that time.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

crashlegacy14

is there really any hold outs left? I figured I was the bastard taking the longest.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Seraphic

I think at least Strike Zero and SNT1 have projects pending. There are likely others, but I haven't the capacity to think of them right now.

Vector calculus. =o
-Antares

Strike Zero

Seraphic wrote:I think at least Strike Zero and SNT1 have projects pending. There are likely others, but I haven't the capacity to think of them right now.
Blah. At the rate things have been going in RL, I doubt I'll find the time/motivation to properly finish my entry before the deadline. I'd recommend not waiting up for me.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
ydawg314

i was also working on a little something but I dont know If ill have time to finish it...
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Seraphic

Strike Zero wrote:Blah. At the rate things have been going in RL, I doubt I'll find the time/motivation to properly finish my entry before the deadline. I'd recommend not waiting up for me.
If all else fails, I'll just hijack the WIP from your thread and post it myself, haha.
ydawg314 wrote:i was also working on a little something but I dont know If ill have time to finish it...
It's not that huge of a deal, so don't worry. Even if you don't finish before closing time, it'd be great to eventually see the finished product. And otherwise, anyone who can't make time to submit an entry is free to help with the prize collaboration. =)
-Antares

tehprognoob

Neh... I AM THE MOFO that's holding everyone back. I actually have a WIP on my dA page. :) Hell, there's no way some noob like me would win, so wth... might as well spam your contest, Sera, because I hate you, too, since I had to multi-tap every character of this post on my cell phone. Now my thumbs hurt. >:(
EDIT: This is the actual WIP. What do you all think? Colorable?
Last edited by tehprognoob on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Seraphic

Good. You may refer to me as the Hand Cramper. Or the Thumb Slayer. =o
-Antares

SNT1

I may have to stretch in until deadline day. Totally unmotivated to see that last 3% of my drawing due to school, work and extra FFXIII zombie trance at night, just can't find the right time.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Seraphic

tehprognoob wrote:EDIT: This is the actual WIP. What do you all think? Colorable?
*eyebrow*

Did you just change your entry to something else entirely, or are you submitting a second?
SNT1 wrote:I may have to stretch in until deadline day. Totally unmotivated to see that last 3% of my drawing due to school, work and extra FFXIII zombie trance at night, just can't find the right time.
*sigh* The great number of people we have lost to XIII.... But yeah, keep up the fight, though it'd be interesting to see if a silhouette can win the contest.
-Antares

Ryujin

Perhaps the contestants could use an extension until Easter Sunday. Weekend deadlines imho seem more neat & tidy than middle-of-the-week ones, and those who are done might appreciate having extra time to fine-tune their entries.
Seraphic

In my head I thought a month and a half would be sufficient heads-up for proper planning and time to work, but I guess my personal reasoning and the imaginary land of the internet are different things. I am somewhat weary to know what the voters will say though.

Oh well, Papa Bear knows best. Contest extension to April 4th 11:59pm, central. =o

Limit the April 1st jokes, please.

And yeah, it's sort of stupid to not extend a deadline for something like this. I'm no one's boss or anything, haha.
-Antares

tehprognoob

Seraphic wrote:
tehprognoob wrote:EDIT: This is the actual WIP. What do you all think? Colorable?
*eyebrow*

Did you just change your entry to something else entirely, or are you submitting a second?
Nah... It's a new submission.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force