Auto's Metal Monstrosities

The place to share your artwork.
Auto-Fox

Auto's Metal Monstrosities

Welcome to my art thread! Herein are some of the units I have created by my pen. Or rather, by MS Paint at the local tech.
I have a Mac, so I can't do this stuff at home, sad for me.
Anyway, here's some of my latest work. Comments and suggestions are very much encouraged!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Auto-Fox ... dah_ii.png

Model Number: EMS-11A.
Code Name: Zudah II.
Unit Type: Mass production high mobility Mobile Suit.
Manufacturer: Supply Asteroid Borrowa.
Operator(s): Vestige Zeon.
Rollout: January UC 0080.
First Deployment: February UC 0080.
Dimensions: Head height 17.2 meters.
Weight: Empty weight 59.3 metric tons.
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 576 kW.
Propulsion: Rocket thrusters, total output rated at 64800 kg.
Performance: N/A.
Equipment & Design Features: Sensors, range 5400 meters.
Fixed Armaments: None.
Optional Fixed Armaments: None.
Optional Hand Armaments: VZM81 120mm Zudah Machinegun, drum fed, 100 rounds per drum, spare drums stored on waist armor racks; Zudah Melee Shield, mounts Heat Spike x2; Heat Saber Type 8; Sturm Fausts.

The Zudah II is a design I came up with for one of my current RPs on another site. It is based on the old EMS-10 Zudah Mobile Suit tested by Zeon's 603rd Test Team, which was actually the fatally flawed EMS-04 Zudah which lost out to the MS-05A Zaku I Early Type for production orders way back in UC 0074. This version of the Zudah, however, constructed based off two surviving examples of the EMS-10 left there by retreating members of the 603rd Test Team, was built by engineers at the Zeon holdout base of Supply Asteroid Borrowa, where it was improved and its bugs ironed out. The new EMS-11A Zudah II is lighter, a tenth of a meter smaller, has better engines and incredible mobility. It suffers in a few areas, for example its reactor, which only produces 576 kW, in comparison to the F type Zaku II's 976, due to the poor conditions in which the power-plants must be turned out, which require lower tolerances and consequently lower output. Thus, the Zudah is not as physically powerful, nor is it capable of using Beam weapons without an external generator. However, it is fast, nimble, and can use a good selection of its own weapons, as well as those of the old Zaku line. Its superior hit-and-fade tactics give the GM a run for its money.

-------------------------

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Auto-Fox ... c_type.png

Model Number: MP-02C.
Code Name: Oggo C Type.
Unit Type: Mass production repulsion Mobile Pod.
Manufacturer: Supply Asteroid Borrowa.
Operator(s): Vestige Zeon.
Rollout: January UC 0080.
First Deployment: February UC 0080.
Dimensions: Overall height 9.5 meters, overall width 16 meters.
Weight: Empty weight 31 metric tons.
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 576 kW.
Propulsion: Rocket thrusters, total output rated at 48400 kg.
Performance: N/A.
Equipment & Design Features: Sensors, range 5400 meters.
Fixed Armaments: Extensible claw x2.
Optional Fixed Armaments: 120mm Zaku Machinegun x1 or x2; 280mm Zaku Bazooka x1 or x2; Sturm Faust x2 or x4; 6-Tube Rocket Launcher x1 or x2.
Optional Hand Armaments: None.

Another of my Vestige Zeon designs, this one was also built at Supply Asteroid Borrowa after the One Year War. The Oggo C Type differs from the A type used at the Battle of A Baoa Qu (as show in MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079) in several ways, most notably a less powerful reactor, universal weapon mounts on BOTH sides, a better sensor package, various cosmetic changes and a slightly decreased overall size. The C Type also has somewhat better maneuverability, thanks to an increased number of small verniers on its fuselage.

-------------------------

So! What do you people think? Anything that can be improved? Any designs you think I should try in the future?
"Captain! It's the Federation forces Mobile Suit! It has a head and limbs!"
_Oliver May, 603rd Test Team, upon first seeing the Federation's RGM-79 GM.
tehprognoob

Re: Auto's Metal Monstrosities

Don't have so much Mass Production. These convey the sense of swarms of cheap, badly performing robots with inexperinenced\average pilots.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Auto-Fox

Re: Auto's Metal Monstrosities

Good point there... the Oggo C Type really can't get around that being a Mobile Pod, by its very nature a quickly-made stop-gap intended for mass production... I'm working on another design that's a bit more interesting.
"Captain! It's the Federation forces Mobile Suit! It has a head and limbs!"
_Oliver May, 603rd Test Team, upon first seeing the Federation's RGM-79 GM.