Doodling General discussion, lol

The place to share your artwork.
Turinu

Re: Doodling General discussion, lol

It needs to be brighter and more... flame-y. Right now it looks like it's trying to simply light a cigarette it looks so puny!
Outlaw

I don't know, I think it's bright enough. The flames could be bigger/more pronounced but that depends on exactly how *ahem* "flame-y" you want it to be. After all it is called Ember Fist not Raging Inferno Fist.

Personally I use stupendously ridiculous acronyms when I make super robot weapons. Things like; Piercing Unlocked Nuclear Concussion Hit, or Soaring Weapon Of Raining Destruction.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
illsteir

Outlaw wrote:I don't know, I think it's bright enough. The flames could be bigger/more pronounced but that depends on exactly how *ahem* "flame-y" you want it to be. After all it is called Ember Fist not Raging Inferno Fist.
Aye, hence the size of the flames are kept to a minimum, like a burning coal.
Turinu

Poo, :<. Needs more flair to be a super robot IMO, :P! But considering he's pulling back the arm, what little flame it has shouldn't be facing directly upwards, but appear to be pulling backwards, if you know what I mean. Kind of like indicating the arm's motion of moving backwards. Forwards or backwards, indicating the arm moving in either direction, unless it's at a standstill.
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

Outlaw wrote:... Piercing Unlocked Nuclear Concussion Hit, or Soaring Weapon Of Raining Destruction.
sounds like something from the .hack series XD
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Turinu

Since I generally suck when it comes to designing gundam-styled heads in Sketchup, I decided I'd give a practice run in hopes of one day completing the head for the Daeg Hagal X, and actually finishing that model (It's pretty much complete; just needs feet and a head, D:.)

Here's my Test Head I threw together last night. It looks alright on the DHX, but isn't quite what I was going for, so it's pretty much just a random mecha head.
tehprognoob

Shori wrote: Here's my Test Head
It's pretty good. But GUNDAMs are generally covered with useless lines and nuts & bolts. So try to add random boxes, lines and dots to give it a less... smooth look.
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Turinu

Lol. True enough, but this isn't your standard gundam head (Obviously, since I sux at making them).

Here's the head with a few adjustments and neck articulation. I'll probably add in a few panel lines here and there for detail, but that's about it. Too lazy to go about adding lil' screws n' bolts all over the place. :<
Turinu

Looking very nice so far. Now all it needs is shiny explosions and classical 80's gattai music.
VR7

Technically the majority of the stuff I posted is doodling, but I don't know if I want to post them here or just revive my art thread for them. I have still been posting stuff, though I haven't been making use of my art thread recently.

Shori: That is a nice and spiky head. The forehead is a bit too organic, (curvy) try messing with the shape and/or possibly making a more complicated form out of the forehead.
-noel
Josh

Well since this thread exists now I guess I'm posting all my in-progress previews here.

I feel like I've hit a good rhythm alternating between making one of my ideas for 00 MS variations then doing one of my original story frankens, so here's my current WIP for 00. I can't help but think maybe adding vulcans to the head would do it good, but trying to find a set that matches the head is a bitch in a half and so is trying to make some from scratch.

Curse you, line tool!
Ryujin

Josh wrote:I feel like I've hit a good rhythm alternating between making one of my ideas for 00 MS variations then doing one of my original story frankens, so here's my current WIP for 00. I can't help but think maybe adding vulcans to the head would do it good, but trying to find a set that matches the head is a bitch in a half and so is trying to make some from scratch.
The angle of the head's admittedly an uncommon one with regards to mobile suit lineart. I think that using simple, rectangular hatch covers that retract or pop open when it's time to fire the vulcans would match well with the overall design aesthetics of the head. Instead of the line tool, you might consider using the brush to make a rough shape then erasing it bit by bit until it looks right.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Balls, lol.

Felt like making this because none of the students in my class could really draw a soccer ball when they needed for their force diagrams. They pretty much ignored me, however. >,>

Yay math. =o

By the way, I'm starting a contest thread immediately after posting this. Take a look and help out if you are so inclined.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Turinu

The Work-in-Progress that shall be my future entry to Seraphic's Spontaneous Art Contest. A re-working of my Leo-Ex Custom; bigger, and it'll hopefully look better, than the original!

(The Original, btw...)
Strike Zero

Shori wrote:The Work-in-Progress that shall be my future entry to Seraphic's Spontaneous Art Contest. A re-working of my Leo-Ex Custom; bigger, and it'll hopefully look better, than the original!
You certainly got the "bigger" part down, at any rate. :P

I can tell it's gonna be boss-looking, especially if it ends up wearing the second original's cape.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Turinu

Slowly but surely it's getting cleaned up and outlined bit by bit, though tackling the coloring will be a hassle, since I don't use layers. Oh well!
tehprognoob

well... how do you clean up a hand-drawn picture? I've tried, but the results always came out bad because of the thick, uneven pencil-drawn lines. Is there some software that will clean up my lines, or does it hafta be manual?
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

ShadowCell

Are you using Photoshop? 'cuz I know of two ways to clean lineart in Photoshop. One is quick but won't necessarily give you great-looking lineart; the other takes friggin' forever and will give you much finer control over your lineart.
Heretic

If you have Photoshop or any other computer graphics program (should be able to do it with GIMP and it’s free to download) is making a separate layer and “inking” the drawing. Then you can simply get rid of the original pencil sketch (after saving the original as a separate file so you can always have it to go back and try again if need be.) There are all kinds of techniques for doing this and not all of them work for everyone. Search around with google or on Deviant art for tutorials, give them a shot and if at first one doesn’t work, don’t worry, just try another with either better instructions or a deferent method. Experiment, find or make a method that works for you.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!