Doodling General discussion, lol

The place to share your artwork.
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

Re: Doodling General discussion, lol

Sera, troubleshooting some more for you:
alright this is going to sound sort of odd by the top of the back of the hand should be angled down to elaborate the wrist instead of a rather wide curve that kinda makes her hands look fat. the bottom of the angled line should meet your current curve in line with the peak of the first knuckle (that's to say the bird finger's knuckle)

I assume that any colab we do would be largely for our(the mecha talk artists) own enjoyment.

Oh and so I'm contributing something else to this....
30 minutes of sketching gives me a foundation to build on for that randomly spawned collab. what you don't belive me? well [insert naruto voice clip here] believe it

wait what's that you said this thread has doodles in it's title. okay well here's a
doodle for you, a 10 to 15 minute doodle. ..normally I call that something complete, but it's only 5 inches tall. that's small for a full body shot.

oh and as for all those other images I've yet to complete...progress
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Outlaw

Okay, my first WIP to be evaluated. Of course, having scanned it in I can now see a plethora of errors to correct. I just redesigned the shoulders and I'm generally pleased with how they look (even if I made one of the exterior plates crooked). What's really eating at me is the foot design, it just doesn't allow for the foot to flex left or right much so I'm trying to come up with a suitable new configuration.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
zgapd

as long as this is a doodling general discussion discussion I would like to ask everyone's opinion on how plausible it is to start drawing old MS with GN Drives(In terms of difficulty) When it comes to having to redesigning the torso to match the instalation
'?
The ZG is coming....Suit up or be left behind!
Ryujin

Some more WIPs for a new setting I'm playing around with:

WIP1
WIP2
WIP3
WIP4
WIP5
Outlaw wrote:What's really eating at me is the foot design, it just doesn't allow for the foot to flex left or right much so I'm trying to come up with a suitable new configuration.
Imho, I think it would be sufficient to make the opening bigger & wider by just a tad, or the portion of the foot at the opening might have a smaller cross-section to achieve the same effect.
zgapd wrote:I would like to ask everyone's opinion on how plausible it is to start drawing old MS with GN Drives(In terms of difficulty) When it comes to having to redesigning the torso to match the instalation
'?
I don't think it's particularly difficult; you'd just be replacing the backpack with a drive cone and, in some cases, replacing part of the waist or chest area with a cylinder.
crashlegacy14

Ryujin wrote:Some more WIPs for a new setting I'm playing around with:

WIP1
WIP2
WIP3
WIP4
WIP5
omg Gimelifs...or however the mecha from escaflowene is spelled....and how the titile of the anime spelled. medieval mecha= sweetness.
Ryujin wrote:
zgapd wrote:I would like to ask everyone's opinion on how plausible it is to start drawing old MS with GN Drives(In terms of difficulty) When it comes to having to redesigning the torso to match the instalation
'?
I don't think it's particularly difficult; you'd just be replacing the backpack with a drive cone and, in some cases, replacing part of the waist or chest area with a cylinder.
well if some of the images I've seen around the boards are any indication you'd have to mind the cockpit position as well. for example the good old Zaku II's cockpit is actually mounted in the chest where the GN dive would be going. unless you where going with a more F2 style body.

I'm a slacker it takes me so long to finish one drawing of a design I draw it multiple tiems trying to get the design down.
any way major progress he is that I've got the right fore arm drawn in and am currently working on the HMG-10 machine gun it uses (see far right) ironically the majority of the problems of the gun is little things. Like not having practiced any drawing the barrel shroud's bottom, it's upside down compared to my others. Or having the over all length of the gun to large resulting in more headaches as I work out positioning since it would hit or pass well through the ground is most the positions I want to put the arm & gun in. right now I'm cutting down the length of the main body a bit to see if that helps. Ideally I want to put the belt feed behind the grip and yet sill preserve the weapons ability to mount drums of ammo on the "top" of the barrel shroud. in the original design these drums actually fed directly into the gun. I don't know where I'm going with it I'm tired. (I really need to stop posted before bed.)
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
illsteir

Final Weapon: Twin Chainsaw Sword and one of the Linear Cannons
Changed the color of the combiner to "3x times fast". What do you guys think of the name "Myrmidon" for my combiner?
Turinu

Nah, Myrmidon is commonly associated with a fast swordsman-like class in Fire Emblem, and it's actual definition is that of a loyal follower. The Combiner doesn't look fast, nor does it look like a follower; it's definitely a leader. :D
Outlaw

Based on your original name choice I looked up some alternatives.

Dimachaeri: Gladiators that fought using two swords.
Essedari: Gladiators that fought on chariots.

On the other hand though, nothing says that the name has to make sense. As the creator you could call it "Pretty Pink Princess" if you wanted.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Turinu

Outlaw wrote:On the other hand though, nothing says that the name has to make sense. As the creator you could call it "Pretty Pink Princess" if you wanted.
"GATTAI! PRETTY PINK PRINCESS GO~!"

Oh god. I suddenly want you to name it that, and paint it pink.
crashlegacy14

illsteir wrote:Final Weapon: Twin Chainsaw Sword and one of the Linear Cannons
Changed the color of the combiner to "3x times fast". What do you guys think of the name "Myrmidon" for my combiner?
*points* *drools* *is speechless*

*recovers*

funny I've only see the word Myrmidon used in association with a high speed two sword fighting style or the users of such style. personally I'd be inclined to use the name for a mecha or the entire weapon system rather then just the swords. of course this banks on the mecha performing like Cloud in Advent Children, even wielding two large swords it fights fast and with a certain amount of fury. interestingly when I see this set of weapons I think of someone who fights like Dante' of DMC, switching between setups on the fly in the middle of attack chains. as for the designs them self. wow man. I love the way the handle/hilt combine/separate to keep the handles width consistent between forms. I'm a little confused by the linear cannon as I don't see a obvious handle, is it designed to be say, forearm mounted? and finally why is there that empty slot on the underside? 'magazine' well?
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Turinu

Put the 3D Justine on hold for now, due to quickly losing interest. The Franken is still in the works, though.

Right now I'm attempting to make a frame, starting with the cockpit, and once I finish I'm going to design armor and part attachments to go over it.
illsteir

Outlaw wrote:Based on your original name choice I looked up some alternatives.

Essedari sounds nice but it won't be riding anything. Dimachaeri sounds like a name of a person with fashion expertise :lol:
crashlegacy14 wrote: funny I've only see the word Myrmidon used in association with a high speed two sword fighting style or the users of such style. personally I'd be inclined to use the name for a mecha or the entire weapon system rather then just the swords. of course this banks on the mecha performing like Cloud in Advent Children, even wielding two large swords it fights fast and with a certain amount of fury. interestingly when I see this set of weapons I think of someone who fights like Dante' of DMC, switching between setups on the fly in the middle of attack chains.
Unfortunately, this machine was built for defense and not for speed.
crashlegacy14 wrote: as for the designs them self. wow man. I love the way the handle/hilt combine/separate to keep the handles width consistent between forms.
Oh thanks :D
crashlegacy14 wrote: I'm a little confused by the linear cannon as I don't see a obvious handle, is it designed to be say, forearm mounted? and finally why is there that empty slot on the underside? 'magazine' well?
The two cannons will be mounted on the back and will make its way over the shoulders for firing. And yeah, that empty space is for the magazine.
Shori wrote:
Outlaw wrote:On the other hand though, nothing says that the name has to make sense. As the creator you could call it "Pretty Pink Princess" if you wanted.
"GATTAI! PRETTY PINK PRINCESS GO~!"

Oh god. I suddenly want you to name it that, and paint it pink.
Whoa there, that sound like a mecha from Pretty cure :shock:

Since this machine is equipped with flame throwers and engulfs its swords for MAXIMUM DAMAGE, how 'bout "Feuerkaiser" (Feuer and Kaiser, German for Fire and Emperor respectively)?
Shori wrote:Put the 3D Justine on hold for now, due to quickly losing interest. The Franken is still in the works, though.

Right now I'm attempting to make a frame, starting with the cockpit, and once I finish I'm going to design armor and part attachments to go over it.
Looks nice and judging from its shape it's a panoramic cockpit right?
Turinu

Indeed it is, though while the entire cockpit can display a panoramic view, the cockpit seat and controls will obscure portions of the back side of the cockpit, since it's a considerably small cockpit compared to a standard-size panoramic one.

And shucks, no Pretty Pink Princess. I'm sure the Pretty Cure girls would've loved to have a giant super fighting robot on their side, :<. Feuerkaiser does sound pretty good, though.
Ryujin

illsteir wrote: Unfortunately, this machine was built for defense and not for speed.
Given that classical Grecian warfare is most commonly associated with well-armoured hoplite infantry fighting as a phalanx, I think that the name would suit its function.

I also tend to associate 'Myrmidon' with mass-produced units, due to their etymological connection with ants (myrmex)...which doesn't quite fit, imho, with 'combiner' types.

Mayhaps Outlaw was on the right track with using gladiator names. Perhaps you should consider the names Thraex, Hoplomachus or Murmillo, which were three of the more heavily-armoured gladiator types. The Thraex & Hoplomachus were also supposed to represent Grecian soldiers, so they have that additional connection to 'Myrmidon,' tenuous though it may be.
Last edited by Ryujin on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outlaw

Well, I thought Essedari would work because it is made up of vehicles. I like Feuerkaiser though, can't go wrong with German. As we all know, French is the language of love and German is the language of mecha.
crashlegacy14

illsteir wrote:
Outlaw wrote:Based on your original name choice I looked up some alternatives.

Essedari sounds nice but it won't be riding anything. Dimachaeri sounds like a name of a person with fashion expertise :lol:
crashlegacy14 wrote: funny I've only see the word Myrmidon used in association with a high speed two sword fighting style or the users of such style. personally I'd be inclined to use the name for a mecha or the entire weapon system rather then just the swords. of course this banks on the mecha performing like Cloud in Advent Children, even wielding two large swords it fights fast and with a certain amount of fury. interestingly when I see this set of weapons I think of someone who fights like Dante' of DMC, switching between setups on the fly in the middle of attack chains.
Unfortunately, this machine was built for defense and not for speed.
oh wait this is for the combiner mecha...that didn't occur to me. for some reason I thought they where for different projects. *wonders why he thought so*

here comes new stuff: first I pose the question, can you play a guitar without any strings? a mecha can. then well then I go off the deep end and draw this. more or less quick sketches. done during an undetermined time with constant stops every few moments.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
illsteir

I guess I'll stick with the name Feuerkaiser as it has mor super robot feel to it. Thanks for your suggestions guy! An now the Finished Product!.
Ryujin

illsteir wrote:I guess I'll stick with the name Feuerkaiser as it has mor super robot feel to it. Thanks for your suggestions guy! An now the Finished Product!.
I say, that red colour scheme makes the design a perfect match for the name 'Feuerkaiser.'
illsteir

Learning how to make flames in Photoshop:
Eeemubaaa Fiiisuuutooo!(Ember Fist!)
SolidSpidr

illsteir wrote:Learning how to make flames in Photoshop:
Eeemubaaa Fiiisuuutooo!(Ember Fist!)
And this is the first thing that comes to my mind:

This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's loud roar tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love! My anger! And all of my sorrow! Eeemubaaa Fiiisuuutooo!
“The school of the undefeated East!”
“The winds of the king!”
“Zenshin!”
“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!