noob 14ft tall mech simpit build

The place to share your artwork.
wasp1

noob 14ft tall mech simpit build

first off hi to all , dont know if you would call it art or just a realy big model , i started the project in june , http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss12 ... 230011.jpg and its commin along nice , if theres any intrest i'll post the cockpit . nice site btw looking 4ward to read'n more of it and i should have said this the first time shes still a {WIP} not finished yet !
Last edited by wasp1 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geoxile

Re: noob 14ft tall mech simpit build

Thems chicken legs...

Haha, any that looks cool. What's it made of? And yes, cockpit pics would be totally awesome.
ydawg314

lmao Geoxile

Does it at all function? or is it just a model?
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
wasp1

Yup shes a chicken walker lol , the legs and ankels arnt finished yet , in answer to the second question , shes built from wood fiberglass and steel , its a simulator cockpit , has 4 "OS" all linked to the controls , pilot has all siatek cyborg controls , the co-pilot has syborg gold stic/p5 mouse glove/ and steel batllion [pc convert] , hay i need somewhere to play my pc games lol. http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss12 ... 070011.jpg cockpit , and the bulk head door to the pit http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss12 ... 100001.jpg so no it duz not walk , but function [as far as a simpit goes YES!]
ydawg314

wow
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Geoxile

Holy chickens
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

alright so the exterior isn't exactly to my tastes...but I gotta say those interior shots are something else. seriously my first thought was "...holy..fucking shit...that's bad ass!" personnally I'd like to see more raised surface details on the exterior.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
wasp1

crashlegacy14 wrote:alright so the exterior isn't exactly to my tastes...but I gotta say those interior shots are something else. seriously my first thought was "...holy..ZOINKS ZOINKS...that's bad ass!" personnally I'd like to see more raised surface details on the exterior.
well you realy cant tell from the pic ,but there are a lot of raised surfaces all over the body [still have more armour plates to go on yet ] and the ankle collars , floor treatment its far from finished , ive only invested 3 mons at this point .
crashlegacy14

ah. I see. perhaps some images of the more detailed areas? -regardless this far outstrips anything I'd be able to build. I don't have the skill set required
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
wasp1

crashlegacy14 wrote:ah. I see. perhaps some images of the more detailed areas? -regardless this far outstrips anything I'd be able to build. I don't have the skill set required
ok i see what you mean , my friend has a low quality screen on his computer and you cant see the detail , i did some side shots JUST FOR YOU lol , each of the under body plates are 1/4 in raised off the body , the legs are full molded i hope you can see them in these pics http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss12 ... 280002.jpg http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss12 ... 280003.jpg still have lots more detail to do yet !
crashlegacy14

*is thoroughly impressed*
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
wasp1

crashlegacy14 wrote:*is thoroughly impressed*
thaught the close ups might help ,
Amadi Akintunde

Good God. I need to see this thing up and fully functional.

You better have a good gyroscope installed so that thing doesn't tip over or anything.
wasp1

Amadi Akintunde wrote:Good God. I need to see this thing up and fully functional.

You better have a good gyroscope installed so that thing doesn't tip over or anything.
dont worrie she hasnt tipped over yet lol
Heretic

Wait wait wait, Harmany Gold is clamming that mech resembles the tomahawk? I could think of any number of mechs that could be. A variant/redesign of the Thor perhaps? Or even one of the Phoenix redesigns of the old unseen’s (for those who don’t know, FASA attempted to redesign the unseen mechs a few years ago to avoid this very issue, the general feel but altering the details sufficiently that they were not the exact same.)

Frankly, I don’t think fans of either Battletech or Robotech/Macross even care who owns the rights. We wan’t to blow things up with our giant robots and frankly there would be more for Harmony Gold to gain if they let Mechwarrior have them, fans of Robotech would try out the game and fans of the game would try watching Robotech. Sereusly, kicking up this whole fuss now after more than a decade stinks of a blatant money grab.

Sorry, didn’t mean to rant like that. Battletech was my first love. If you or anyone wants to continue discussing the game, I recommend starting a thread in the games section for it. That is all.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
VR7

-noel
wasp1

yup there is a thread for that , i just happend to get the news shot to me on the 3rd, had to say sumthin ...
wasp1

ok back on subject sorta , most of the simulator cockpit is finished , so im posting part of the rooms you have to pass thru to get to the pit ! airlock 1 http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss12 ... 270002.jpg [aka the retro game area :atari/neogeo/vetrex and so on , then to the main gaming area into the stargate area to the bulk head for the pit http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss12 ... 310005.jpg , ok so im a uber scigeek lol