Aegis' (somewhat bigger) collection of mecha art

The place to share your artwork.
Aegis

Aegis' (somewhat bigger) collection of mecha art

Uncoloured...

...and coloured.

Oh, and the ZOE nut in me drew this one.

I once tried drawing Naked Jehuty, but gave up seeing as the only good piece of art on that monster was Shinkawa's own hand drawn sketch... ugh, the details are overwhelming. ><
Last edited by Aegis on Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Draco Starcloud

Pitiful...simply pitiful...

NOT.

You do good art, Aegis.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
EZero8

How can you call this pitiful work?!? This is much better than what I could do (which is why I dont create designs myself, other than the fact that I dont have the programs to do so.). :D
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
wing zero alpha

If you liked Shinkawa's artwork, you should try your hand at a Metal Gear sometime, or perhaps good ol' Shaggy.
Blauer Nebel

Homage to ZOE. I kinda mixed and matched ZOE and Mega Man mechanics to come up with the look of my designs. Nice job. You color your work. That already tops what I can do.
spider lok

Re

No no, that's pretty good, not pitiful. Next time, use a more suitable word.
DeltasTaii

Note the word "NOT".

Read the entire post before lynching people, jeez :lol:

Pretty nice, although the head on that Gundam is well, far far from my stylistic preference.
Aegis

wing zero alpha wrote:If you liked Shinkawa's artwork, you should try your hand at a Metal Gear sometime, or perhaps good ol' Shaggy.
Always did like his mecha designs, though oddly enough, wouldn't know where to start as far as drawing a Metal Gear is concerned. >>
DeltasTaii wrote:Pretty nice, although the head on that Gundam is well, far far from my stylistic preference.
Good. It was to be expected, actually. :)
spider lok

RE

DeltasTaii wrote:Note the word "NOT".

Pretty nice, although the head on that Gundam is well, far far from my stylistic preference.
I don't fully understand what are you saying... :?:
Draco Starcloud

Re: RE

spider lok wrote:
DeltasTaii wrote:Note the word "NOT".

I don't fully understand what are you saying... :?:
Deltas thought you were referring to my earlier post when you said "Use a more suitable word than pitiful.". I think you were referring to the thread title.

On a side note, why is it that a lot of good artists say "Oh, my work isn't that good. I'm not a good artist." when they can art a lot better than most people?
DeltasTaii

D'-oh.

Well, if you thought your stuff was perfect, you'd never bother to make it any better, right? It's that self-criticalness that helps people to get better often, if it doesn't just make them give up.
Draco Starcloud

I'm not saying artists shouldn't improve, I'm saying artists shouldn't say their stuff is bad just because it isn't perfect.

It's like a baseball player hitting the ball just short of a homerun every at-bat and saying he's a bad hitter because of it.
Aegis

How 'bout I offer up a few other possibilities? ;)

1) Said artist look at other artworks and find just how much more they need to go to reach that untouchable peak of perfection.

2) Said artist may be being sarcastic and has more self-esteem than what he's really saying. :twisted:

3) Said word 'pitiful' in fact may not even refer to artist's skill, but rather something else, like the number of mechs he actually DOES draw. :lol:

4) All of the above. ^^
Anonymous

Good, but I'm not really a fan of that fish scale look on the mouth area.
Aegis

RappapaTheRapper wrote:Good, but I'm not really a fan of that fish scale look on the mouth area.
Would it make you feel better if I gave it a moustache? :wink:
Anonymous

Aegis wrote:
RappapaTheRapper wrote:Good, but I'm not really a fan of that fish scale look on the mouth area.
Would it make you feel better if I gave it a moustache? :wink:
No, a mouth area like most UC gundams would have made it look a little better. Also, is that unit a underwater type?
Aegis

RappapaTheRapper wrote: No, a mouth area like most UC gundams would have made it look a little better. Also, is that unit a underwater type?
Nope, not an aquatic suit at all. And the point of this design? To steer away from the typical Gundam appearance, regardless of whether the fans beg or not. :twisted:
Draco Starcloud

Aegis wrote:How 'bout I offer up a few other possibilities? ;)

1) Said artist look at other artworks and find just how much more they need to go to reach that untouchable peak of perfection.

2) Said artist may be being sarcastic and has more self-esteem than what he's really saying. :twisted:

3) Said word 'pitiful' in fact may not even refer to artist's skill, but rather something else, like the number of mechs he actually DOES draw. :lol:

4) All of the above. ^^
Noone asked you, Art Boy. :p Why don't you take logic and correct answers about your word usage back to the word bank? :wink:
Aegis

Draco Starcloud wrote:
Noone asked you, Art Boy. :p Why don't you take logic and correct answers about your word usage back to the word bank? :wink:
But it's fun watching some of you speculate. :twisted:
Aegis

Brandspanking new drawing.

Sword God Gundam