ydawg314s Grunt Wars Frankens 3/22/09

The place to share your artwork.
ydawg314

ydawg314s Grunt Wars Frankens 3/22/09

I made several Frankens for Mobile suit grunt wars and I thought that I'd showcase them here. Tell me what you think

Massacre (Anti Infantry) Dagger

Model number: GAT-01A2M-01
Code name: Massacre Dagger
Unit type: Limited production all-purpose Ground operations mobile suit
Manufacturer: Earth Alliance
Operator(s): Earth Alliance; Orb Union
First deployment: C.E. 71
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 18.00 meters
Weight: max gross weight 73.35metric tons
Armor materials: unknown
Powerplant: ultracompact energy battery, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; laminated armor (improved type of heat-resistant ablative gel DPX-30)
Fixed armaments: 2 x "Igelstellung II" 40mm multi-barrel CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head; ES01 beam saber, stored in hips, hand-carried in use; 2 x 12.5mm anti-infantry gun, fire-linked, mounted in feet; "80mm Reißwolf Assualt shield", mounted on left arm; 2-barrel 28mm anti-tank gun mounted on right shoulder; 3 x anti-infantry grenade launcher; 6x anti-ms mines, mounted on back pack
Optional armaments: Experimental 50mm heavy assualt shot gun; 2 x 3-barrel missile launcher, mounted on legs

Desert Massacre (desert variant) Dagger

Model number: GAT-01A2M-03
Code name: Desert Massacre Dagger
Unit type: Limited production all-purpose Ground operations mobile suit
Operator(s): Earth Alliance; Orb Union
First deployment: C.E. 71
Dimensions: overall height 18.00 meters
Weight: max gross weight 73.35metric tons
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; laminated armor (improved type of heat-resistant ablative gel DPX-30)
Fixed armaments: 2 x "Igelstellung II" 40mm multi-barrel CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head; ES01 beam saber, stored in hips, hand-carried in use; 2 x 12.5mm anti-infantry gun, fire-linked, mounted in feet; 3 x anti-infantry grenade launcher; 6x anti-ms mines, mounted on back pack
Optional armaments: Experimental 50mm heavy assualt shot gun; 2 x 3-barrel missile launcher, mounted on legs; beam scythe;
Last edited by ydawg314 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ydawg314

fully armed mobile suits

updates to mobile suits above
Massacre Dagger Fully Armed
The Massacre dagger is a limited production mobile suit which was modeled after the gat-01A1 dagger. While the dagger fared well against zafts aging mobile suits, many suits were lost in battle simply due to artillery, tank, and other forms of projectile fire. These flaws are adressed in the Massacre dagger which has been designed specifically to combat all forms of ground and aereal units. In order to accomplish this th massacre dagger has been equiped with an experimental grape round shotgun, a gattling gun, missiles, 2 3-barrel anti tank guns, frag grenades as well as the pre-existing weapons which were seen in the original dagger.

Desert Massacre Dagger Fully Armed
The Desert Massacre dagger, a massacre dagger variant, has been tuned for high mobility combat in desert terrain. It has been equiped with a beam scythe which allows it to easily take down any of zafts high speed quadroped mobile weapons. It has also been equiped with the same experimental shotgun as the massacre dagger.

tell me what you think.
Last edited by ydawg314 on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zangetsu

Intersting anti-infrantry and tank mobile suits. The ideas seam really cool and they fit in their world. EA suits that can kill innocent riots, JK. I like the ideas behind each suit, and how they add to the dagger diversity without going pack crazy.
ydawg314

o yeah thanks. There really is a fine line to walk when designing these types of frankens and I was hoping that I didnt go to over board or make the suits too boring.
Zangetsu

Boring? Heavens no. You have made interesting designs that not only look cool, but they function well.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Re: fully armed mobile suits

ydawg314 wrote:Desert Massacre Dagger Fully Armed
The Desert Massacre dagger, a massacre dagger variant, has been tuned for high mobility combat in desert terrain. It has been equiped with a beam scythe which allows it to easily take down any of zafts high speed quadroped mobile weapons. It has also been equiped with the same experimental shotgun as the massacre dagger.

tell me what you think.
Long-handled blades are notoriously difficult to handle with a single arm, even for a mobile suit. Their better qualities come about when you have two free arms for them. I really hope that Dagger can holster that shotgun somewhere for that purpose. Maybe you could shorten it to a sickle? Or make the handle variable in length. Otherwise, I really like the color on this guy. It's solid and tasteful. Overall a very good franken, though I can't say I know so much about the source material. =o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
ydawg314

Re: fully armed mobile suits

Seraphic wrote: though I can't say I know so much about the source material. =o
If you refering to what I used...
I used a dagger for the frame, bacue for the treads, the deathscythe for the beam scythe, a sword dagger for the shield, and a ginn orcher for the grenade launcher, but I drew/photoshopped everything else...
ydawg314

Training Dagger

Model number: GAT-01T
Code name: Training Dagger
Unit type: mass production training mobile suit
Operator: Earth Alliance
First deployment: 15 August C.E. 71
Accommodation: pilot and instructor (optional seating), in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 18.02 meters
Weight: max gross weight 55.31 metric tons
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown
Fixed armaments: none
Optional hand armaments: 55mm training machine gun; M703 57mm beam rifle, power rating unknown, mounts grenade launcher

Technical and Historical Notes:
Several months after the release of the Strike Dagger, engineers redesigned the it into the training dagger. This Training Dagger would be the first mobile suit piloted by Earth Alliance mobile suit trainees. While several features were added such as optical cameras to aid instructors, the overall performance of the Strike Dagger was decreased to cut costs.
ydawg314

Im not sure about how I feel about this franken I made.... What do you guys think?

the ZGMF-103A DINN Raven Black Barron Custom is a AMF-103A Dinn Ravenn which has been modified for Zaft's ace pilot, The Black Barron. It has been modified for zero gravity warfare.
One issue is that mobile suit grunt was takes place during gundam seed. Not during seed destiny which seems t be the time frame this suit is from.

But it might be fun to pilot in the game.... That is the main reason why a made it. It has really cool features such as mirrage colloid and a shot gun.
ShadowCell

You could probably get away with calling it a prototype of what becomes the DINN RAVEN as seen in DESTINY ASTRAY.
ydawg314

That is a good Idea. I should probably make it look more primitive then.
young_oldtype

I've got a suggestion if you'd like to make it the DINN RAVEN's prototype. Try sticking closer to the DINN's frame whilst adding a less simplified version of the DINN RAVEN's equipment (yes backpack, I'm lookin' at ya).
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Or you can go the way of Tallgeese and make the prototype to be some kind of super DINN and have the mass produced versions be reduced performance types.

That would totally be cheating, but it might be worth it. :P
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
ydawg314

well I am really trying to make it a ground/space mobile suit like the ginn, but keep all of its current weapons. It cant have the wings.
ydawg314

Re: ydawg314s Grunt Wars Frankens 4/9/09

Bend Dagger

Model number: GAT/A-02T4
Code name: Bend Dagger
Unit type: limited mass production defensive mobile suit
Operator: Earth Alliance
First deployment: 5 July C.E. 71
Dimensions: overall height 17.45 meters
Weight: max gross weight 65.7 metric tons
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; laminated armor (improved type of heat-resistant ablative gel DPX-30); "Geschmeidig Panzer" energy deflection armor
Fixed armaments :2 x "Igelstellung II" 40mm multi-barrel CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head; 2 x M8F-SB1 experimental short beam rifle, mounted on hips, hand-carried in use; "Hresvelgr" plasma induction cannon, mounted on chest;2 x Geschmeidig Panzer offensive shields, mounted on forearms; 2 x ES01 beam saber, stored in hips, hand-carried in use
Optional hand armaments: GAU-8M2 52mm machine gun
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Wingnut

Re: ydawg314s Grunt Wars Frankens 3/22/09

A Forbidden Dagger as it were. I like the use of the Forbidden's equipment without the use of the large backpack like ones first thought would be to do.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
ydawg314

One thing I left out was that the forbidden shield things have the power to bend the two shorty beamrifle beams as well as the big cannon on its chest. They can also be used to repel incoming beams which is why it was given the name bend. So more or less, the technology from the forbidden was used to create this defensive suit. The backpack was seen as unnecessary weight. This Dagger variant still has the ability to use the launcher strike pack. when in use the "Agni" super-high impulse cannon beam can also be curved by the Geschmeidig Panzer however the Bend Dagger's power is severely drained.
GAT/A-02T4+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Bend Dagger

I was originally going to make the bend dagger have the busters pack but I could not find a good picture to work with
Battle my brute
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

It's hard to see becuase it's so dark I can't make out the line art to form a half-decent comment.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
ydawg314

ok I will try and redo it in another brighter color
Battle my brute
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I Like the fact that you added the shields to the arms: makes it look more bulkier
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2