Red Zaku's Art Gallery: Surprise, I'm not dead!

The place to share your artwork.
Strike Zero

Re: Red Zaku's mecha art gallery: Help name that Newtype MS!

Not bad at all. The fin funnels kinda throw off the design aesthetic, IMO, but still very cool.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Antares

Re: Red Zaku's mecha art gallery: Now with the MSN-104 Rakshasa

Very, very cool! The coloring in particular is pretty sick. The design looks suitable for the Sleeves all the way, and the tech notes make enough sense to me ask to half-expect to see it in Unicorn. ;)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Amadi Akintunde

Are you going to finish that coloring job? All those different reds mixing doesn't look too good when you look at it closely. And the fin funnels don't look that well integrated with the unit.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

That is definitely one of the most awesome Frankens I've seen in a while. All the parts seem to fit together seamlessly and it comes together to make a fierce lookin' dude. Only thing that doesn't quite sit right with me are the propellant tanks. but toher than that I still think its awesome
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Red Zaku

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2996/rozen.jpg

Model number: MDN-103
Code name: Ravana
Unit type: prototype mobile bit for use with MSN-104 Rakshasa
Manufacturer: Anaheim Electronics
Operator: Sleeves
Accommodation: none
Dimensions: overall height 36.32 meters; head height 25.0 meters
Weight: empty 43.9 metric tons; max gross 84.5 metric tons
Armor materials: gundarium alloy, psycoframe ceramic composite on move-able frame
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 2980 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 4 x 20300 kg, 2 x 11300 kg; additional rocket thrusters with optional sturm booster: 2 x 40000 kg vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 26
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 2.18 G
Equipment and design features: psycoframe mobile suit frame; psycommu-Flash system
Fixed armaments: 2 x wire-guided 4-barrel beam gun/claw, power rated at 10.3 MW; mega particle gun, power rated at 8.8 MW, mounted in torso
Remote weapons: 2 x mother funnel (bit), each mounts 1 x mega particle gun and 5 x child funnel, stored on backpack

While plans for the Rakshasa were being developed a secondary project sprung up around the MSN-104 to create a mobile suit which could effectively be piloted by the Newtype pilot of the MSN-104 to work in tandem with the unit to produce devastating results. The concept had been used before in mobile suits like the Bawoo, however, the main difference is a computer would not be handling most of the responsibility for operating the second attack unit. Because of the unique method of operation the MDN-103 earned itself the title of Bit mobile suit.

Because the MDN-103 was intended to function without a pilot Anaheim engineers attempted to make the unit as high performance as possible, this however, proved completely unsuccessful as the shear weight from the new Psycommu-Flash system responsible for receiving signals from the Newtype Pilot was so large it actually increased the weight of the unit tremendously and as a result of this incredible bulk the unit's increase thrust was sqaundered making it slower then the Rakshasa itself.

During the development of the Rakshasa funds from the Sleeves began to run low and the MDN-103 was abandoned before it's completion and Fin Funnels were instead substituted for the Bit Mobile Suit. The only data on the unit was deleted in UC-105 after the decline of Newtype pilots and the demand for newtype use MS dried up entirely, without ever testing the viability of a newtype controlling two units.
"I'M THE CRIMSON LIGHTNING DAMNIT!" - Johnny Ridden
Antares

Re: Red Zaku's mecha art gallery: Now with the MDN-103 Ravana

The naming policy sounds very FreeSpace2 to me. ;) But of course they nicked it from somewhere too. But a clever design idea, though. I wonder could the Newtype pilot make the two suits work creatively together or if they were just simple mirror images of one another.
Red Zaku

Re: Red Zaku's mecha art gallery: Now with the MDN-103 Ravana

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2738 ... shield.jpg

Model number: GNZ-000
Code name: Orcus Gundam
Unit type: Innovator use mobile suit
Manufacturer: Innovators
Operator: Innovators
Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: 24.8 meters (normal mode), 21.0 meters (ground mode)
Weight: max gross weight 62.8 metric tons
Armor materials: unknown
Powerplant: 5 x Tau Drive, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; GN field barrier, generated by shield on left arm; GN stealth field, generated from emitters mounted on back; Trans Am System
Fixed armaments: 2 x GN vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted on head; 2 x GN beam saber, power rating unknown, mounted on forearms, hand-carried in use; 10 x GN beam claws, mounted in finger tips
Optional hand armaments: shield, mounts 1 x GN field emitter; long barrel GN sniper rifle type 2, power rating unknown
Remote weapons: 4 x GN Beam Saber Fangs

The GNZ-009 was created to be the personal use machine of the Innovator intended to oversee Veda serving a role as both guardian for the system and system administrator. However, do to Ribbon's intervention this Innovade was killed without being able to fulfill his role, but the GNZ-000 remained in storage within Veda, it's specifications partially locked out from Ribbon's level of access. Do to this Ribbons was forced to begin testing the GNZ series via trial and error which resulted in the GNZ-001-GNZ-007 line of Coordinator use mobile suits. Impatient with the progress in evolution of this design Ribbons chose to abandon his pursuit of recreating the GNZ-000 and chose instead to invest his efforts into developing the CB-0000G/C Reborns Gundam.

After the death of Ribbons Almack with Veda's systems fully restored by the efforts of Tieria Erde, and Regene Regetta Veda's controls were restored to normal. As such Veda created an Innovade to replace it's missing system admin. Upon restoring the system the lock placed on the GNZ-000 data was unlocked and the specifications were used to aid in the construction of the CB-002 Raphael Gundam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Antares wrote:The naming policy sounds very FreeSpace2 to me. ;) But of course they nicked it from somewhere too. But a clever design idea, though. I wonder could the Newtype pilot make the two suits work creatively together or if they were just simple mirror images of one another.
Actually they're not really mirror images the suit it was designed to work in conjunction with was a page back it's fairly more bare bones though as it wouldn't have had the funnels if the Ravana was finished. Though I still think you could make for some pretty nice combination attacks.
Last edited by Red Zaku on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Zaku

Re: Red Zaku's mecha art gallery: Now with the GNZ-000

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5699/sazabix3.jpg

Do to overwhelming demand that I pimp out the Rakshasa even more then it was. I give you just that.
tehprognoob

Re: Red Zaku's Mech Art Gallery: Now with bling'd Rakshasa!!!!!

Do you mean "Innovator who tends Veda"? 'Cause you wrote "Coordinator who tends Veda" in that GN-something design... (Mind if I killed you and sold your work to Sunrise?)
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

Red Zaku

tehprognoob wrote:Do you mean "Innovator who tends Veda"? 'Cause you wrote "Coordinator who tends Veda" in that GN-something design... (Mind if I killed you and sold your work to Sunrise?)
Yep, that's what it was meant to be. But I don't think killing me is a good idea. I'm sure I've got some fans out there who'd object.
Antares

Yes. Killing Red Zaku is definitely not allowed. Now, if you wish to trap him and enslave him to create lineart for which you reap the credit for, tehprognoob, that's okay by me since that still keeps the art flowing. Carry on. :mrgreen:
tehprognoob

Re:

MBF-P04 Shadow Astray Red Frame and MBF-P05 Shadow Astray Blue Frame is my idea of names.

Red Zaku

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1417/fortrestam.jpg

Model number: GAT-05X
Code name: Fortresta
Unit type: prototype mass production all-purpose mobile suit
Manufacturer: Actaeon Industries
Operator: Earth Alliance
First deployment: October C.E. 75
Dimensions: head height 18.67 meters
Weight: max gross weight 58.2 metric tons
Powerplant: ultracompact energy battery, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; "Voiture Lumiere" light propulsion system
Fixed armaments: 2 x M2M5 "Todesschrecken" 12.5mm automatic CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head; 2 x ES04B beam saber, mounted on hips, hand-carried in use; 2 x Mk-321A "Brahmastra" rail cannon, folded underneath hips
Optional hand armaments: MX409S short beam rifle, power rating unknown

After the Second Bloody Valentine War the EA was given data on the Destiny, and Strike Freedom Gundam as part of a settlement for the peace treaty, in order to help ease natural fears of an attack by ZAFT and Orb who by virtue of the fortunes of war were the only nations left with a standing combat effective military. The Earth Alliance, never one to stay peaceful with the Coordinators living in space and in Orb, decided to use this data to begin attempts at mass producing mobile suits that could compete with the latest ZAFT and Orb technology in secret. One of these test units was the GAT-05X Fortresta. the most noticeable features of the GAT-05X are it's striking resemblance to the earlier Dagger units. This however is a misnomer as the unit is actually based on the GAT-04 Windam frame.

Nicknamed Fortresta Dagger, by it's design team, the unit boasts the first ever use of the Voiture Lumiere propulsion system on a non-nuclear powered Mobile Suit, other features of the unit included rail guns lifted from the design of the Strike Freedom Gundam, though visually resembling the MMI-M15 Xiphias Rail canons of the first Freedom, the weapons themselves boast improved penetration power, for a much lower power consumption. Three of the GAT-05X units were produced all of which were handed over to the Elite Test Corps Unit of the Earth Alliance, going by the name Killer Bees. Orders for the GAT-05 line were cancelled however as it was discovered that during these tests the Voiture Lumiere's battery drain limited the unit to only fifteen minutes safe operation time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Red's notes.

As cool as this mecha is the design itself is not entirely original. I actually discovered a barely colored, sparsely detailed piece of fanart, So with some help from StrikeZero, who did the shading, and deeper coloring I went ahead and re-vamped it. So, just to be fair tot eh original creator, I figure I'll post the original that I worked with to make the GAT-05 you see here.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/702/eb ... d970c4.jpg
tehprognoob

Re: Red Zaku's Mech Art Gallery: Now with more CE love.

that big black thing on the shoulder reminds me of a knightmare.

Red Zaku

Re: Red Zaku's Mech Art Gallery: Now with more CE love.

http://a.imageshack.us/img820/3748/gnx1003t.jpg

Model number: GNX-1003T
Code name: GN-XV
Unit type: general purpose mass production mobile suit
Manufacturer: United Nations
Operator: United Nations
Dimensions: 22.8 meters
Weight: max gross weight 62.5 metric tons
Powerplant: Tau Drive, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown;
Fixed armaments: 2 x GN vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted on head; 2 x, 30mm GN vulcan, mounted on exhaust binders; 2 x GN beam saber, power rating unknown, stored in shoulders, hand-carried in use; 2 x GN Claw, mounted over fingers; 2 x, GN grenade launchers, mounted on hips
Optional hand armaments: 2 x forearm shield, mounts 1 x defense rod each; GN lance combines with GN beam rifle; GN beam rifle, power rating unknown; long barrel GN rifle, power rating unknown; GN beam machine gun, power rating unknown; 360mm GN bazooka, 5 rounds per clip, spare clips can be stored on waist armor storage racks

The GNX-1003T was intended to be the final incarnation of the original GNX-603T series of mobile suits. Taking inspiration from the Ahead, as well as the Gundam's, the GNX-1003 was the most mobile, and sophisticated of the series. Dubbed the GN-XV, pronounced GN-X Five, this unit boasts much improved efficiency allowing for much longer use of the Tao Drive even with it's upgraded fire power. Featuring the widest array of built in weaponry yet, it was the most versatile of the line. Other features which made the GNX-1003 so successful were the ability to equip GNX-704T Ahead weapons in conjunction with the standard GN-X series weapons.

Despite it's success at improving upon it's origins the GNX-1003 was never adopted as it was little more than a stop gap between the GNX-803T GN-XIV and the mass production of the GNX-Y903VW Brave. Because of this funding for the project was cut and the unit never advanced beyond the concept stage eventually being filed away in the archives the UN's private design bearu.

------------------------------------

And here's a bonus! :D

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/7572/gnx803tab.jpg
GNX-1003T/B GN-XV Commanders Unit
Amadi Akintunde

Re: Red Zaku's Mech Art Gallery: Now withthe GNX-1003T GN-XV

I really like how you're giving the GN-X units some variance.
zerg170

vrey cool. do you do reqests?
Red Zaku

zerg170 wrote:vrey cool. do you do reqests?

I used to, I haven't in a very long time. Though I suppose I could just this once. What would you like?
zerg170

Red Zaku wrote:
zerg170 wrote:vrey cool. do you do reqests?

I used to, I haven't in a very long time. Though I suppose I could just this once. What would you like?

yes two custom colore suits the GN-XV Commanders Unit and gelgoog mrak 2 , in thes colors and symbl http://zerg170.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2h0f9t , if you can pleas.

if you need more refins of the colores and symbl hres the link to my gallery
http://zerg170.deviantart.com/
Red Zaku

zerg170 wrote:yes two custom colore suits the GN-XV Commanders Unit and gelgoog mrak 2 , in thes colors and symbl http://zerg170.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2h0f9t , if you can pleas. if you need more refins of the colores and symbl hres the link to my gallery
http://zerg170.deviantart.com/

Hope these work for you.

http://a.imageshack.us/img828/4483/gnx803tabc.jpg

http://a.imageshack.us/img827/7222/gelg ... rsbh45.jpg

Enjoy.