Coloring Book Archive/Request Thread

The place to share your artwork.
Mwulf

Coloring Book Archive/Request Thread

The MAHQ Coloring Book Archive & Request Thread

This is the place to find, share, and request coloring-book lineart of your favorite mecha! If you've found some good coloring-book stuff, or made your own, please share it here! I will happily add each new addition to the archive! If you want to color a mecha that is not on the list, feel free to request a CB version! Because, face it, you've loved the whole idea, ever since you were a kid.

Some of you may be wondering what a "Coloring Book" is. Simply put, it is a supercontrasted black and white lineart. Two colors: black and white. This makes it very, very easy to play with in even the least-versatile of image-editing programs--MS Paint works perfectly. Parts of the lineart are modified so that using the "paintbucket" tool you can fill in whole parts of the mecha with a single click.

This means you can color any mecha however you wish in minutes!

Now, I'll keep my eye open for good images to make coloring books out of--but if you want something in specific, you'll have to post your request here. To make a coloring book image, I need to have a decent-quality black-and-white outline of the mech in question. The quality of the coloring book is determined by the quality of the base lineart.

For example, I was able to make this CB Union Flag from this magazine scan, but the Tieren and Hellion were both too small and dirty for me to make anything out of. (I haven't tried the Amph yet).

For example, a high-resolution scan will net something like the Gundam Excia Avalanche; a decent-resolution, dirty magazine scan will net something like the Union Flag; poor resolution images, nearly at the point of being unusable, turn out like the Alteisen.

Let's try to make the most complete coloring book archive we can!

The most recent additions to the Archive are:
-Alteissen
-Gundam Excia Avalanche
-ZAKU Warrior

ENJOY!

Code Geass
Code Geass - Attack Helicopter
Code Geass - Avalon
Code Geass - Brittanian Infantry
Code Geass - Burai
Code Geass - OotBK Mobile Command Center

Fullmetal Panic
Savage

GaoGaiGar
Genesic GaoGaiGar

Gundam 00
Amph
Gundam 0?
Gundam Dynames
Gundam Excia
Gundam Excia (with Sword and Shield)
Gundam Excia Avalanche
Gundam Kyrios
Gundam Kyrios Flight-Mode (w/ Missile Pod)
Gundam Virtue
Union Flag

Gundam Seed
Akatsuki
Buster Dagger
Gundam Destiny
Gundam Infinite Justice
Gundam Stargazer
ZAKU Warrior

Gundam Unicorn
Gundam Unicorn

Gundam Wing
Leo
Serpent

Gundam X
Gundam X

Metal Armor Dragonar
Dragonar-1

Mobile Suit Gundam
Acguy
Mobile Suit Gundam - GM Custom
Mobile Suit Gundam - Gouf Custom

Super Robot Wars:
Alteissen
Huckbein MK III

The Five Star Stories
MH Junchoon
MH LED Mirage

Turn A Gundam
Gundam Turn-A
SUMO

Victory Gundam
Jamesgun
Gundam Victory
Gundam Victory 2

Zeta Gundam
Barzam Refined
FAZZ
Gundam MK II
Gundam MK IV
Nouvel GM III
S-Gundam

Unknown Series
Unknown 1

Fan-Created Mecha
ZAKU Warrior Variant
ZAKU Warrior (Gunner) Variant

Pending Requests:
-MS-14fr Gelgoog (Need better lineart)
-Kyrios Flight-Mode (Need Lineart)
-Hellion (Need Lineart)
Last edited by Mwulf on Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
mcred23

A bunch of those links are wrong or in the wrong sections. The Jamesgun link (Which is incorrectly listed in F91, when it should be in Victory) takes you to some mecha I don't know, while the GM Command link (It too is listed under the wrong series, it's from 0080, not MSG) takes you to the Jamesgun's image. Also, half the Zeta Gundam section isn't from Zeta, only the Mark II is from Zeta while the rest are from Gundam Sentinel (Worth noting that what you have is a Refined Barzam, not a normal one). There may be others, but those are the only errors I could spot off the top of my head.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Ryujin

mcred23 wrote:A bunch of those links are wrong or in the wrong sections. The Jamesgun link (Which is incorrectly listed in F91, when it should be in Victory) takes you to some mecha I don't know.
That there be Dragonar-1. What's listed as Dragonar is the MH Led Mirage from FSS, and the 'FSS mech' is an early production sketch of the MH Junchoon (the more than passing resemblance to HM L-Gaim isn't coincidental).
Mwulf

I've fixed the links for the FSS stuff, but left the zeta and msg stuff where it is. I grouped everything by anime. Not OVAs. Not alternative media. That's why there's sentinel (and AoZ?) stuff with Zeta, and 0080 stuff with MSG.

And I have three new CBs to add.

(I can also make rear-CBs out of some of these, if anyone's interested).

Amph
Gundam 0?
Gundam Excia (with Sword and Shield)

And with that I've expended the usable source images I have... so if anyone finds some good magazine scans... particularly of Unicorn stuff, lemme have 'em.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
VentZX

I have to ask, where did you find the Gundam 0 design? That's not official line art, is it?

Otherwise, good stuff.
OddlucK

Just some additions for the file. Some are kinda small and some could use some cleanup, but nonetheless...

GM Custom
Gerbera Tetra
GM
GP-02
Gouf Custom

And, to add to the Fan Created section...
RGM-85 Matsu
Mwulf

@Oddluck: Sorry, but save for the GM and Gouf, those are too small for me to do anything with (without making them look really, really bad.)

Anywho, I've got another slight update:

Code Geass - Attack Helicopter
Code Geass - Avalon
Code Geass - Brittanian Infantry
Code Geass - Burai
Code Geass - OotBK Mobile Command Center
Mobile Suit Gundam - GM Custom
Mobile Suit Gundam - Gouf Custom

All I have for Geass are some low-quality scans, so they're not the best quality... but they DO work. I have enough to cover EVERY knigtmare in the series, except that big thing Orange-kun flies around in in the finale.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
mcred23

Any plans on fixing the GM Command/Jamesgun thing?
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Mwulf

Oh, sorry bout that. It's fixed now. I've also renamed all of my own files, and I'll re-upload everything later.

I'm a bit torn... I don't want to make a category for ALL the gundam stuff, but should I toss in a MSV category, or something similar to handle all the novel/photonovel/manga/etc. stuff?

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Nightwing03

I'd actually like to see a coloring picture of Gundam Mk IV "Siren" because it's my favourite Gundam and i'm just too lazy now to revolor it my own way.

Oh and here's the Hellion Lineart
Last edited by Nightwing03 on Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
♣♦♠♥
OddlucK

Mwulf wrote:@Oddluck: Sorry, but save for the GM and Gouf, those are too small for me to do anything with (without making them look really, really bad.)
No worries. I kinda thought they might be.

Since the ones I had were too small, I'm going to request the Gerbera Tetra, GP-02, and that GM version I posted.
J-Lead

You may want to get some bigger lineart for that Mk V Siren. :)
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Wedge14

This might be a useful resource or not. But when i colour suits i like to take the line art off the Dalong manual scans. I colour them in Corel tho. So i'm not sure if the images would be colourable with MS paint.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Zeonic Glory

They can be colored in Paint. Sometimes you need to complete the line of an area though. But, these are quite good.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
VR7

I would recommend posting anti-aliased versions of these if I were you.

It's possible to colour in anti-aliased versions and still have the colours come out nicely, it's just different from simply using Paint and the fill tool. People who are experienced with Photoshop and the like would know what I mean.
-noel
Ultimetemark4

Request

Could you make a easy-to-color version of the Guncannon?
Once we mass produce the Sazabi.....
ScornMandark

ScornMandark

The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
OddlucK

Yes, and thank you. :)
ScornMandark

Any in particular you'd like to see still? or just more as they come?
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.