Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » MAHQ News

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:35 pm 
Bald Wizard

Chris wrote:
It's hard to believe that I'm writing this post on April 1, 2007. When the Fantasy & Animation HQ opened seven years ago today, Dale and I had different goals in mind. The site would be a small-time hobby, covering some of our interests like anime, video games and fantasy novels. Obviously, a lot has changed in the seven years since then. As always, I'd like to thank all the visitors and contributors who help make MAHQ what it is. Since it's our seventh anniversary, we've got some new sections up today:

Megazone 23 anime section. Long delayed, I'm reviewing this series of OVA features. Since there's only three parts, it'll be completed soon.

Nadesico anime section. Having finished the Planetes anime and manga, Scott returns to review Nadesico, which kicks off with coverage for episodes 1-3.

Super Robot Wars mecha section. This one has been in the works for a long time, and it's probably the biggest mecha section we've launched since Gundam. Many people worked to make this section, so I'd like to extend our thanks to Peter, Kuruni, Outlaw, Orochi Kusanagi's Gate of Magus, Homeless, Wingnut, EFF Test Pilot, Bright Noa, Nightwing03, AmuroNT1 and Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine. This is a large project, and since there's still much to be done, expect more updates soon.

Now that I've announced what's new, here's what's on the horizon. I've been mentioning Gasaraki for awhile, so you can expect that in addition to these sections:

-Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. There will be an anime section with reviews by Rei Murasame, as well as a mecha section.

-Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu. Anime section with reviews by Ben. Also, expect the return of The Gunion soon.

-Mobile Police Patlabor. Anime section, reviewed by me.

-Super Dimension Century Orguss. Same as above.

-Round Vernian Vifam. Mecha section.

That's a pretty large slate, so expect these sections to appear across this year and in 2008. Finally, there have been announcements in the past about a complete re-design of the website that we've dubbed MAHQ 2.0. The reality of this project is that it's going to take a long time. With Dale and I working full time jobs and having other responsibilities, that's a given. However, we've come up with a placeholder in the meantime that we're calling MAHQ 1.5. This project is essentially a visual facelift for the site. All graphics and navigation will be replaced with a new design, but to the same dimensions. In other words, the site will be formatted the same way and still display at 640x480, but it will look a lot better. The design style will be similar to what we're planning for the re-design, so think of this as an extended preview. The plan is to have 1.5 premiere in a few months, with 2.0 coming next year. It'll be a long process, but it's something we definitely want to get out the door.

Finally, one more announcement. Dale and I will be hosting a mecha panel (surprise, surprise) at Fort Lauderdale's Anime Supercon, which runs from April 13-15. The MAHQ panel will run from 8:30 P.M. - 9:30 P.M. Friday in panel room 2. If you live in the area, stop on by and say hello.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:43 pm 
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

MAHQ 2.0: April Fools. I'm calling it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:46 pm 
OMG Doomsday Laser

Congratulations on 7 years in business.
Here's to another year!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:17 pm 
Canada's Finest Lolicon Expert

MAHQ Banzai! Seven years huh, that's pretty impressive. I've only been working here for 2 of those years, but they've been great years! Here's to the continued success of this site for years to come!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:34 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

"Kamille! Kamille! wrote:
MAHQ 2.0: April Fools. I'm calling it.

i wouldnt say that...iv been on the forums for only a short while, ut iv been hearing this MAHQ 2.0 rumour for almost 2 years now...the problem being that MAHQ is so /massive/...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:01 pm 
AEUG Slapping Boy

Yeah, the 2.0 definatley sounds like an April fools, along wiht 1.5

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:10 pm 
Hot-blooded Gattai

Ultimetemark4 wrote:
Yeah, the 2.0 definatley sounds like an April fools, along wiht 1.5
It's not. Version 2.0 has been in the works for a long time.
Thing is something or another ends up getting in the way of the plan, usually something in real life causes the SNAFU and the upgrade gets sent to the back burner as something more important needs to be taken care of.

The 1.5 sounds like a good idea given the history of problems in the past. A more gradual approach rather than a big grand overhaul.

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:31 pm 
Busty Fanservice Captain

I don't think it's an April Fools'. AFs have more immediate effects so you can get a reaction out of your victims, whether it's surprise, shock, happiness, whatever, so then you can jerk the rug out from under them and laugh. Announcing a site upgrade that won't manifest for a little while doesn't seem very joke-y, especially since April 1 is also MAHQ's birthdate.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:51 pm 
AEUG Slapping Boy

Congradulations on the anniversary! Have been very happy to contribue to the site the last few years and look forward to contributing for many more.

Like many, perplexed about what part of the update is the big April Fool's joke this year... @_@

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:07 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

Quiddity wrote:
Like many, perplexed about what part of the update is the big April Fool's joke this year... @_@

I just hope its not Gasaraki section. I really do @_@

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:48 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

ここに「MAHQ誕生7年記念スレ」ビーチパーティー!
∴・.゚.・∴..*.+.::∴o*∧∧*o∴::.。.:*・゜.∴
キタ━━━━━━━━.(゚∀゚)━━━━━━━━ ネコ!!!!
∴・.゚.・∴..*.+.::∴o**o∴::.。.:*・゜.∴*o
スペシャルゲスト情報よ!人気のブログのガノタヘッドラインズのネオ・エラさんが登場!そして、みんなに無料のビールを提供する!最後に約3.5分の1スケールでフロリダの上静止軌道にコロニーレーザーを再現!すごい!

じゃあ、本気で クリスとデールは最高だね!未来のプロジェクトを楽しみにしている。頑張ってぇぇぇぇぇ!!!!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:56 pm 
Hot-blooded Gattai

Neo-Era wrote:
ここに「MAHQ誕生7年記念スレ」ビーチパーティー!
キタ━━━━━━━━.(゚∀゚)━━━━━━━━ ネコ!!!!
スペシャルゲスト情報よ!人気のブログのガノタヘッドラインズのネオ・エラさんが登場!そして、みんなに無料のビールを提供する!最後に約3.5分の1スケールでフロリダの上静止軌道にコロニーレーザーを再現!すごい!

じゃあ、本気で クリスとデールは最高だね!未来のプロジェクトを楽しみにしている。頑張ってぇぇぇぇぇ!!!!!
And this means what to us? The rules state we post only in english here so a translation or explanation is manditory.

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:03 pm 
Mysterious Masked Dude

Wow, 7 years. Man how time flies.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:05 pm 
Mod of Bling, Yo

Yeah... time does fly. Congrats to the MAHQ main site on their milestone. 8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:31 pm 
Bald Wizard

Quiddity wrote:

We haven't done an April Fools joke in three years. Every part of the update is real.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:00 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

Wingnut wrote:
And this means what to us? The rules state we post only in english here so a translation or explanation is manditory.

"MAHQ is 7 years old now. Let's celebrate!
Celebrate!━━━━━━━━.(゚∀゚)━━━━━━━━ C'mon!!!!
With special guests like Gun Nuts Headrains' New Fishman, who gives bears to all free of charge! Also, a terrible colon razor returns over Bath Lida in 3.5 minutes' first vernier!

Jar with reality, Kuliss and Dell are the most, isn't it! Future projects is looking forward. Hold ooooooooon!!!!!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:42 pm 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Oh god I lol'd at the babelfish humor...

Board index » MAHQ stuff » MAHQ News