Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » MAHQ News

Post subject: 02-07-12: MAHQ in 2012
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:05 pm 
Bald Wizard

Chris wrote:
I promised awhile back there would be a post about MAHQ's plans in 2012, but in light of some recent events, the delay in posting this was beneficial. So I'm going to offer a list of updates broken down by section.

Mecha: I'm sure longtime visitors will notice that sections like Super Robot Wars and Macross have been ignored for at least two years. Rest assured, they haven't been abandoned. This site conversion has been a mammoth undertaking, and I decided that updating things in the old format while also converting pages to the new format would be too messy. It's been a long time since then, and the work on the Gundam mecha section is nearing completion. This is significant because Gundam and its many subsections make up the majority of the site. The remaining sections will be completed quickly, and I can then devote my time to catching up on updates.

Anime: We'll be receiving an infusion of fresh blood as two new reviewers join the site. Pretty soon you can expect to see new sections for Broken Blade, Eureka Seven and Time of Eve. You'll also see some previously announced sections like Rayearth and The Big O come to light.

Print: Pretty soon I'll be updating everything in this section, allowing me to move forward with new updates.

Models: This section hasn't been updated in a long time, but again I intend to start up updates once conversion is complete. I'd also like to expand beyond Gundam. I've put out several calls for this in the past and only received trickling responses. I'd like to have model coverage for series like Macross, Super Robot Wars and even other stuff like Armored Core. If you'd like to submit reviews, please let me know.

Podcasts: If you've been reading my updates on Mecha Talk, Twitter or Facebook, you're probably aware of our recent hosting issues with Mevio. The good news is that we've moved to libsyn as our new host. We're working up update our iTunes feeds so that you as the listener will not be impacted by these changes. Also, I'm happy to announce that we're working on apps for Gundamn! and Chaos Theater that will be available for Android and iOS. This is only in the very early stages, but I'll have more news once things are further along.

Forum: Mecha Talk is due for a visual overhaul and will be getting it soon. The last visual change to Mecha Talk occurred before the redesign of MAHQ, so we'll be adjusting it to match the look of MAHQ.

On a general note, you can expect to see more social network integration across the site. Once the remaining conversions are complete, 2012 is looking to be a big year for us.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:12 pm 
Canada's Finest Lolicon Expert

Time of Eve? Can't say I was expecting a show like that. Neat.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:44 pm 
Newtype Emo Guy

What would the best way to contact you about reviews be? I've got about 25 or so Super Robot Taisen models I could probably do write-ups for.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:25 am 
Bald Wizard

Email would be the preferred option.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Board index » MAHQ stuff » MAHQ News