Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » MAHQ News

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 pm 
Bald Wizard

Chris wrote:
Taking a break from conversions, today's update features reviews for episodes 7-9 of Gundam AGE. I'm trying something new today that I considered doing years ago but never did: cross-linking mecha profiles in the anime reviews. I've done that today for all reviews of AGE and Gundam Unicorn. Since I don't want to clutter the reviews up with lots of links, I'm taking a cue from Wikipedia and will only be linking the first mention of a suit/ship on each page. Because of the extra time and work involved, this isn't a high priority project, so for now I'm only going to stick to things that are being currently reviewed. Eventually, however, I'd like to expand it to all anime sections that have a corresponding mecha section.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:23 pm 
Canada's Finest Lolicon Expert

If you're going to be adding links in reviews, may I suggest also adding links to the previous/next episode reviews? It would just make reading several reviews in a row much easier.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:23 am 
Bald Wizard

That's not going to happen. It's a sort of outdated design element, especially since many mice now have forward/backward buttons.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:07 pm 

No, I mean having a link in the episode 2 review to both the episode 1 review and the episode 3 review.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:13 pm 
Bald Wizard

Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:06 pm 

Oh, and there are mice that can do that? How does that work exactly?

Either way it's not that big a deal, but it would be easier clicking one link instead of hiting the back button then searching the list for the episode I left off at and clicking it.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:07 pm 
Bald Wizard

I'm talking about forward and back buttons that work the same as what's on your browser. Anyway, doing this would require a lot more work for me to create very little benefit. It's not too hard to click back a page and click the next episode link. There's no need to make it any "easier" than that.

Board index » MAHQ stuff » MAHQ News